[MOD] [AP/TC] X-Tra Ship/Station Pack - [V2.01 Hotfixed Available 21/5/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

GICorp

Post by GICorp » Sat, 9. Apr 16, 03:27

How exactly do you edit the Dummies file?
Galactic Industries Corporation

FEISAR
x3ap

Post by FEISAR » Thu, 30. Jun 16, 03:05

Is there any way to remove certain ships at will from the mod?

Also, is there a way to use the turrets in this mod as a standalone feature that simply adds the turrets to the existing vanilla X3:AP experience? The Pteranadon uses a different model set for it's turrets and would like to have a bit of immersive consistency.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 30. Jun 16, 19:40

FEISAR wrote:Is there any way to remove certain ships at will from the mod?
You can delete them from the mod, if that's what you mean. If the ship is being used by the game you have to change the ingame references as well, otherwise you risk ending up with Mammoths everywhere. Other than that, no.
FEISAR wrote:Also, is there a way to use the turrets in this mod as a standalone feature that simply adds the turrets to the existing vanilla X3:AP experience? The Pteranadon uses a different model set for it's turrets and would like to have a bit of immersive consistency.
As far as I know they are a part of the ship model, which will probably require you to use a 3D modeling tool and copy them from the mod files to vanilla AP. You might also have to rework the scene files to make it look good and have your turrets work properly, so I'd say it's probably more hassle than it's worth unless you got some modding experience.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Sk_2013
x3tc

Post by Sk_2013 » Fri, 8. Jul 16, 22:18

The man yet lives!

Still, it's a pity. I would have loved to see what the Boron ships looked like.
Peace through superior firepower.

Drache-mit-Gamma-EPW
x4

Post by Drache-mit-Gamma-EPW » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 13:13

Hay i need help :/

i install this mod select it in the start screen play the game. so now i use cycrows want to spawn one of this ships but the only thing i have is the ship by the argons with the name BLANK_SHIP i dont know whats wrong. i installed i like the way you say. addon folder in the addon folder in the x terrean conflict folder. so i use ap and its dosent work with the AP version of your mod.

xsmilingbanditx
x3tc

Post by xsmilingbanditx » Wed, 19. Oct 16, 03:16

Sorry to necro the thread...is it possible that some ships just do not show up? Using the X3-Editor 2 (packetinspecter) I cannot find the ships with the 90xxx IDs like the Normandy...Using the Script-Editor via Console-Commands I can't find them either :/

Edit: Just to clarify, the Files are there, so is the definition contained in the TSHIPS.txt. but using the Tools they somehow are not "resolved" and cannot be found.

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Thu, 20. Oct 16, 02:02

Ships not showing up can have several reasons.
1. There was a mistake during the install. check everything again.
2. try installing it as a fake patch.
3. if its installed as a fake patch, check if there is a different mod loading after it, aka a mod conflict and switch them. Make the Mod load last.
4. start a new game (if everything is installed correctly)

Most of the time a missing ship happens when something is not installed correctly.
If none of these work, try reinstalling the game and start from scratch, that ensures that no files from old uninstalled mods are left in the directory that mess with new mods that require the same files. Then start a new game and see if they show up. You can spawn them with the Cheat scripts by Cycrow
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216691

Btw I rarely look into the forums, so an answer via pm or in this thread may take a while.
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you´re dead" - Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect3
Alliance Normandy SR2 Mod

Daniel Bone
x4

Post by Daniel Bone » Tue, 10. Jan 17, 08:41

Yesterday i install the mod by copy the Files in the game root folder.
It's Start normal und by a new gamestart i become 2 messages.
"New ships available" and "New Station available" in the shipyard are online ships and Stations namend with "readtext xxxxx".

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 10. Jan 17, 10:10

It seems Cadius forgot to change the language id in the text files. It's easy enough to fix this.
  • In the game's root folder ("X3 Terran Conflict" or "X3 Terran Conflict\addon" for X3AP) you find a "t" folder. In it there are several xml files starting with "9951". Those are the text files of the mod, which contain names and descriptions of several of the new ships. The files end on a specific language code identifying the language they are used for:
    • 7 - Russian
      33- French
      34 - Spanish
      39 - Italian
      42 - Czech
      44 - English
      48 - Polish
      49 - German
  • Open the file for the language you play the game in with a text or xml editor (the Windows Editor is fine; don't use wordpad or the like!).
  • At the top of the file, there is a tag called "language id", where a number is entered:

Code: Select all

<language id="44">
  • Change that number to the language code of your language. (Note: The language id must be identical to the language code in the file name. For example, for German the text file with the name 9951-L049.xml must contain the language id="49".)
  • Save the file and start/load the game.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Daniel Bone
x4

Post by Daniel Bone » Tue, 10. Jan 17, 21:17

It work´s. Thanks :D

roninavalhar

Post by roninavalhar » Sat, 14. Jan 17, 03:12

Hey guys been trying to get this to work with Litcube's Universe. Seems to work OK except for an issue with station duplication. I'm only interested in the added ships anyway so would like to know if anyone had a valid download link for the SHIPS ONLY version? Kind of desperate actually just made this account in order to post here :) ... Thanks in advance!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 19. Jan 17, 09:34

I just tried it and the alternative download links (over mediafire.com and google drive), which you can find in the opening post, work fine for me.

Edit: Added alternative download link for Ships only version to the opening post.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

poma87

Post by poma87 » Mon, 23. Jan 17, 17:51

how to connect the station? connector does not see the station list is just empty. sorry Google translator))

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 19:58

Why is it that this MOD was never fully signed by the originators of the code?
A lot of things make sense for the Advanced players of the game!
[" thank you "]

Dovakiin
x4

Post by Dovakiin » Mon, 24. Apr 17, 19:33

Tuman wrote:For anyone trying to fix the complex creation issue (the complex kit wouldn't show any stations to attach), I have found the fix.

You need to edit the Dummies file, partway down there is a line
SDTYPE_GUN;43;

This should be
SDTYPE_GUN;44;

Save and enjoy.
A bit late, but thanks for sharing this.

Would it be possible to get this fix added to the first post of the thread? Perhaps add a little bit about applying the fix (use X3 Editor 2, open in VFS, saves as .txt file etc).

I had a lot of trouble trying to work out why I couldn't build complexes with this ship pack the last time I played the game. Tumans help is very much appreciated by myself and I'm sure others would appreciate it.

J.I.Gorkij
x4

Post by J.I.Gorkij » Sat, 6. May 17, 22:44

Hello,

I've recently returned to X3AP and I thought it would be cool to try this mod (incredible ships there).

Now I am having problem with Shady Businness plot.
Spoiler
Show
After fighting with opposing corporations, Split finally called me to try new ship. Acinonyx is however replaced by Argon Mammoth, which I am unable to use.
Do somebody know any fix to that?

Edit: Problem solved :)

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Thu, 18. May 17, 13:54

Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to install this shippack without new Khaak models : I really prefer egosoft's animated models.

Do someone know how to do this?

Maybe deleting the Khaak ships entries in editing the mod files with X3 Editor?
And if I do this, have I to start a new game or it can work in my actual campain?

For for your replies

Jardi
x2

Post by Jardi » Wed, 14. Jun 17, 12:03

J.I.Gorkij wrote:Hello,

I've recently returned to X3AP and I thought it would be cool to try this mod (incredible ships there).

Now I am having problem with Shady Businness plot.
Spoiler
Show
After fighting with opposing corporations, Split finally called me to try new ship. Acinonyx is however replaced by Argon Mammoth, which I am unable to use.
Do somebody know any fix to that?

Edit: Problem solved :)

how???
Saludos.

J.I.Gorkij
x4

Post by J.I.Gorkij » Wed, 14. Jun 17, 12:33

By editing TShips file and adding that ship.

Some time after I have learned there's fix hidden deep in this thread... Here's link to the fix http://download1655.mediafire.com/0lzwb ... _ships.zip
Teladi, Ferengi and Jawa enter bar.
Barman goes: "I am not buying that junk!"

Jardi
x2

Post by Jardi » Wed, 14. Jun 17, 14:12

J.I.Gorkij wrote:By editing TShips file and adding that ship.

Some time after I have learned there's fix hidden deep in this thread... Here's link to the fix http://download1655.mediafire.com/0lzwb ... _ships.zip
Thanks!!!!
Saludos.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”