[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Vheissu
x4

Re: [MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

Post by Vheissu » Wed, 12. May 21, 11:58

MegaBurn wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 08:25
Vheissu,
From my experience this is not a XRM problem. Check the script editor for script tasks, that'll show what's causing excessive ship scripts. From what I recall of TC with OOS CR1, that was a problem, removing it helped, but that was a bit of a headache too (sorry I can't help much there, been a decade). SCS is also known to spawn excessive spacefly swarms which do cause long games to slow to a crawl, see X3 Customizer for "transforms" to first remove (kill) existing spaceflies then prevent excessive swarms from forming, but be sure to read the X3C docs and backup your saved games. Don't worry about your processor, its the game engine, I ran the same scripts plus a couple dozen more on a i7-920, ran fine early to mid game, in late game scripts slowed it to an unplayable crawl. Keep in mind you can run the same setup on AP (excluding OOS CR1) with better performance, and add "TC Plots on AP" for most of the same content.
Thank you, that's good to know! I'll keep an eye on the script tasks and see if anything looks out of the ordinary.

I actually started a new game since my last post and significantly reduced the number of Khaac cluster jobs XRM spawns. Performance is fine so far, so at least I have a baseline of what number ship scripts are running now, should the slowdowns turn up again. If nothing else, now I don't have to do as much fly swatting as before and can concentrate on the fun fights.

Haven't figured out how to get X3 customizer to work yet, but I'll keep that option in mind.

Snowtiger2.0
x4

Post by Snowtiger2.0 » Fri, 14. May 21, 02:26

Khaakbuster wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 11:23
Here is some stuff that I used with XRM: All of the above have been modified by me, to fix bugs and implement new features, but the defaults are already quite good.
Can you give me some pointers for what you did to make the NPC Bailing work?
I've got the menu cooperating with Satelite Early Warning and Turbo Booster, but Bail just outputs a blank menu.

Bail thread says, the JSON plugin is required. Is that true?
If it is, would you mind helping me out with an unpacked version? spktools says the file is already in the new format, but still won't unpack it for me

Code: Select all

* Opening SPK File, JSONparserlibrary-V1.2-25.09.2011.spk...
Failed to open the spk files, JSONparserlibrary-V1.2-25.09.2011.spk

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Sat, 15. May 21, 08:47

Yes the JSON Parser Library is required. Download LxXRM 3.1 release package, I got it as a curiosity, haven't used the installer (don't recommend it either), but I keep mining it for zip versions of SPK's, patches, and some hard to find files, its an impressive resource.

~\LxXRM31\LxXRM\500 - Libs\!ZIP\JSONparserlibrary-V1.2-25.09.2011.zip

Also see ~\LxXRM31\LxXRM\520 - Scripts\!ORIG\NPCBail180Expanded.zip
I don't remember what the expanded version does but I used it in my last AP setup and remember it being good, check later posts in the NPC Bailing thread for details.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

Snowtiger2.0
x4

Post by Snowtiger2.0 » Sat, 15. May 21, 09:26

MegaBurn wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 08:47
Yes the JSON Parser Library is required. Download LxXRM 3.1 release package, I got it as a curiosity, haven't used the installer (don't recommend it either), but I keep mining it for zip versions of SPK's, patches, and some hard to find files, its an impressive resource.

~\LxXRM31\LxXRM\500 - Libs\!ZIP\JSONparserlibrary-V1.2-25.09.2011.zip

Also see ~\LxXRM31\LxXRM\520 - Scripts\!ORIG\NPCBail180Expanded.zip
I don't remember what the expanded version does but I used it in my last AP setup and remember it being good, check later posts in the NPC Bailing thread for details.
Thank you, this is an excellent collection of mods.
Bail config popped right open with the expected content. (it still works without the JSON lib, but with the default settings for what can bail, chances and leftover equipment)

Some of the stuff i heaped onto my X3AP version appears to be in conflict, as I've run across ReadText items in a shipyard. Oh well. Probably have to buckle down and learn how to mod in order to unscrew the combined things.

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sat, 15. May 21, 09:35

One way to handle "Read-Text" is to write down the message , for example "Read-Text 2010-1".

Then look in your t-directory , search for 2010 and look , if it is available in your language : 201044 for english.
If it is only 201049 then make a copy , rname to 201044 , open it , chnange Text-ID from 49 to 44 , save.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Sun, 5. Sep 21, 05:27

Greetings
Its been a most very long time since ive logged on here.
But i recently returned to X3tC..I own a hard copy of the game but decided to (finally) go the steam route
anywho. I installed XRM off the bat, updated etc etc...put in a ton of time in the game this week.. but im having a semi serious issue: the game runs smoothly, but whenever i jump into certain sectors( Aquata for example)
my game hangs/crashes..counted 3 different sectors so far where it does this(dont remember the other 2).. when it crashes in Aquata(for example) i get the AMD bug report window, saying a driver timed out.i cant exit the game as everything around it freezes, i have to ctrl alt del and sign out....Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or knows a work around. Hate to stop playing the game after i returned to it
thanks
PC specs:
5 3600
32 GBs RAM 3200 MHZ
Radeon 5500XT
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

Drimmadeeve

Post by Drimmadeeve » Sun, 5. Sep 21, 18:12

Sorry, i dont have any issues like that.

herocrafter
x4

Post by herocrafter » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 02:44

Complex Cleaner. Page one of XRM has naming the Complex Cleaner cat/dat to lowest number while instructions on the Complex Cleaner page has naming the cat/dat to highest number. Which one did you guys use the lowest or highest number?

Reference:
XRM page one instructions:
Complex Cleaner, FDN v7, MPM v7, SSDN v7: install the base cat/dat from these mods/scripts to the lowest cat/dat number, then the XRM base mod and addon packs as higher numbers.

Complex Cleaner page instructions:
To install the mod as a "fake patch":
mods\Complex Cleaner.CAT + .DAT files must be placed in your X3 folder and renamed so that their numbers seamlessly follow the existing CAT/DAT files in there and end up as the highest number.

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Post by Khaakbuster » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 10:44

The Complex Cleaner .dat has the models (objects) and definitions (TFactories) that Complex Cleaner needs to function properly. XRM already has the definitions (TFactories) incorporated, only the models are missing.
Therefore it's important to load Complex Cleaner .dat first (lower number) and XRM last (higher number), so the XRM TFactories file can overwrite the data in the Complex Cleaner .dat.

NightxxxLord

Post by NightxxxLord » Fri, 19. Nov 21, 03:22

HI!
[SCRIPT] Phanon Corporation for X3AP+XRM 1.20
Hi. This script compatible to XRM 1.3b (Last version)? Who used it? Does it give you adrenaline?

HavocRazr30
x3tc

Post by HavocRazr30 » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 01:54

After X3:FL came out an X3:AP update was pushed and XRM was broken on my machines. Was there an update to the files that were provided in the beginning of this thread that need to be used that I need to redo?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 22:16

There were only two small updates to X3AP since the release of X3FL: a small technical update, and a language update to Chinese and Japanese texts on GOG. None of these should have any effect on the compatibility of XRM with the current game version. If, however, you modded your Steam installation, then there is chance that Steam replaced previously modded files with original game files again, which likely causes problems. To prevent that from happening in the future, start with a clean installation of X3TC/AP, use the NoSteam.exe from our downloads section to create a second installation and install XRM on that installation again.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

HavocRazr30
x3tc

Post by HavocRazr30 » Fri, 10. Dec 21, 03:55

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 22:16
There were only two small updates to X3AP since the release of X3FL: a small technical update, and a language update to Chinese and Japanese texts on GOG. None of these should have any effect on the compatibility of XRM with the current game version. If, however, you modded your Steam installation, then there is chance that Steam replaced previously modded files with original game files again, which likely causes problems. To prevent that from happening in the future, start with a clean installation of X3TC/AP, use the NoSteam.exe from our downloads section to create a second installation and install XRM on that installation again.
Thank you so much!!

Valen68
x4

Post by Valen68 » Thu, 16. Dec 21, 02:35

Is FL compatible with XRM? If so how do I enable it?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 16. Dec 21, 10:16

Valen68 wrote:
Thu, 16. Dec 21, 02:35
Is FL compatible with XRM? If so how do I enable it?
NO

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=439763

herocrafter
x4

Post by herocrafter » Thu, 23. Dec 21, 16:36

Hi guys.

Not all this ship's followers can jump.
That's the warning message I get when I issue the jump command to my TM.
The TM has 4 M3's which are homebased to and commanded to protect the TM. They are landed.
These M3's, like most, cannot install jump drive.
If the M3's command is none then there is no jump warning message.
Have I done something wrong?
Is it possible to get the mini carrier (TM) to jump about and have its fighters protect it without getting that message?

Blitz4
x4

Post by Blitz4 » Sun, 31. Jul 22, 23:44

I'd love to get the recommended mods. Not all of them are still available. Wish there was a zip of all of the mods as recommended.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 1. Aug 22, 19:01

Do you mean the "addon packs" or the "recommended scripts"? The former all have onedrive links which seem to work fine for me. For the latter, you could look on https://xdownloads.co.uk/ and https://web.archive.org/.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Blitz4
x4

Post by Blitz4 » Tue, 2. Aug 22, 02:47

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Mon, 1. Aug 22, 19:01
Do you mean the "addon packs" or the "recommended scripts"? The former all have onedrive links which seem to work fine for me. For the latter, you could look on https://xdownloads.co.uk/ and https://web.archive.org/.
Sorry, it was the latter. Brilliant ideas. Thanks!

HavocRazr30
x3tc

Post by HavocRazr30 » Wed, 31. Aug 22, 21:46

Ever since X3 FL came out, I don't have FL installed, I can no longer get xrm to work for x3 AP. I am running it on steam on windows 10. I've been able to get this to work fine beforehand by using the 'fake patch' instructions for AP provided in the original posts on this thread. Now, it seems the background on the start up menu isn't the xrm one as well as the game just crashes after selecting a new start.

any help to get this working would be appreciated

Edit: forgot to mention none of the xrm starts are available either. I already did the regedit update to 'fffff' to unlock all starts

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”