[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

FalcoGer

Boron Hub Plot stuck after completing Terran Hub Plot

Post by FalcoGer » Sun, 10. May 20, 14:01

X3AP Boron Hub Plot Stuck after completing Terran Hub Plot

I have XRM installed along with a few other mods. I started with the Terran Commander start and selected to disable the terran/argon war. I completed the Terran plot where you reacquire the stolen tech (xperimental, hub, etc). I got the completed, congratulations screen thing at the end and got my terran phq. I also completed corporate troubles up to the 5th shareholder and the complete treasure hunt.

When I got the hub I connected it up a few times and filled it with energy cells. Then after some time and getting rep with argon and boron I got a message, starting the regular hub plot with attreus hq. I completed the first stage of transporting a bunch of missiles. The hub was at this point taken away from me

Finally I completed all the stages up to "Preparing for the Worst", where they want 20 000 energy cells. Before then I have had the station filled with E-Cells from when I had it from the terran plot.
I got a message saying "We have reached our target for Energy cells." and the station was mine. That was before the mission was to deliver energy cells. Three minutes Later I got the actual mission asking for the 20 000 Energy Cells. I couldn't deliver the cells. No matter what I tried, the mission wouldn't progress. I tried trading cells back and forth as well as transferring ownership via script.
I had to reload an old save and remove all the energy cells. Then the mission progressed.

Now it's stuck again. It asked me to connect to Zyarth's Stand. Which I did (On gate 2 to the North gate, since gate 3 was connected to Queen's Harbor). It didn't register, so I waited the 2 hours and then connected Gate 3 to another gate in "Zyarth's Stand" (West Gate). It didn't register either. As a note I know you are only supposed to have access to gate 3 for reconnection, but I had access to all three.from the start. I figured I could just connect any gate, but it seems no matter how many gates I connect to Zyarth's Stand, it's not working.
How can I progress?

I'm at a loss and now I have a permanent mission with no time limit in my mission list, bothering me forever.

Also, and probably not related: I'm running linux, ubuntu 20.04.

So, in order of preference:
- Is there some way to have it recognize the gate connection?
- Is there some way to force a mission state (eg. script editor) to mark this task as completed?
- Is there some way to force a plot state (eg. script editor), for example to the 6th stage "Backdoor Rescue" or completed?
- Is there some way to reset the plot? (I saw the MD Plot Reset script/mod, and it states explicitly that the hub plot is not supported)
- Is there some way to remove the mission from the mission list (least preferred, I want the questline completed)?

I looked through the available commands in the script editor but I couldn't find anything related to missions or plots that would allow me to advance/skip/delete or otherwise solve this issue. I might have overlooked something, though.

FalcoGer

New factories have "product: unkown object"

Post by FalcoGer » Mon, 11. May 20, 19:53

So I figured I installed xrm wrong (complex cleaner was a higher .dat/.cat file as well as model improvements and advanced complex hub). So some of the special shipyards got <invalid> names, not appearing and being untargetable.
I have fixed the order and loaded my game and the stations pop back in. But now the custom stations, in particular the electro magnetic repeated forge and the terran shield production complexes you can buy in terran shipyards have no products. when you buy the stations it says "product: unknown object". Resources are fine. The wares themselves do exist though. Some of my M5 are equipped with electro magnetic repeaters and zeta missiles and the like. When you place those stations the have no product but resources.
I have started a new game to check it, and the products are fine there.
Is there some way to fix it?

BlackArchon
xr

Re: [MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 11. May 20, 21:32

Well, you have created quite some problems for yourself. With much effort (learning how to script X3) maybe you could fix your game, but in the end you might want to start a new game with correctly installed scripts and mods atop of XRM. This would probably be faster. :(

FalcoGer

Post by FalcoGer » Tue, 12. May 20, 00:22

BlackArchon wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 21:32
Well, you have created quite some problems for yourself. With much effort (learning how to script X3) maybe you could fix your game, but in the end you might want to start a new game with correctly installed scripts and mods atop of XRM. This would probably be faster. :(
Well, the main issue with the scripting is to find the damn commands in those menus. There is no command reference anywhere and no search feature. It's fairly bare bones and rather tiresome to use. Really I'd much prefer proper typing and then having interpreter errors thrown my way than this click programming nonsense. But of course typing in itself is a pain with the x3 interface. And then there'd need to be proper syntax highlighting and autocomplete and the like, but I digress.

I worked around the issue by creating a few mosquito missile fabs and changed the products over to zeta missiles and some impulse ray emitter fabs and changing the product over to em repeater. That's really all I need (from what's broke)

I'd rather fix the stations (types) themselves but I couldn't find anything related to that. I tried resetting the MD (since there is a setup for xrm) but that didn't work. (reloaded save, since it killed all mission progress). I also looked for setup.xrm scripts but nothing in there seemed to do anything I wanted.

I really don't want to restart, now that I finally got my empire going and being rather far into all the plots again. (not to mention setting up that damn external logistics trader, which took about as much time as it took to complete corporate troubles)

So the main issue is still there. I know how to use the script editor, but there aren't any commands to do what I want in it to fix the game. Or I can't find them.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Tue, 12. May 20, 01:21

Don't use the in-game script editor; use X-Studio or similar instead. Though that isn't for director scripts.

It is hard to say exactly what your problem is without comparing mods and file overwrites and such. But at a guess, you might be able to get by with a simple director script that has a single-fire cue with a <load_map file="dummy_map"/> action, and create an empty "dummy_map.xml" file in the addon/maps folder. The goal is to refresh the station default wares which are defined in map files (WareTemplate for the standard stations). The load_map command triggers a full reparse of the map files, not just the one requested for loading.

razgriz02

Post by razgriz02 » Wed, 20. May 20, 13:33

I'm completely new at XRM, while being a AP veteran. My question is rather simple : which of the folowwing quest lines from TC/AP are availlable in XRM ? The description says only little about it.

[EDIT] I'm completing the list below while playing my game [/EDIT]
  • Terran conflict
    • Aldrin Plot
    • Balance of Power Plot
    • Goner Plot
    • HQ Plot
    • New Home Plot
    • Operation Final Fury Plot
    • Hub Plot
    • Terran Plot
    • Treasure Hunt Plot : YES
  • Albion prelude
    • Argon side : Argon WAR plot (NO) / HQ (YES) / Hub plot : YES
    • Terran side : Loose ends YES
    • Corporation Troubles : YES
    • Breaking grounds YES
    • Shady business ??
Can you guys tell me what's availlable ? And maybe, later on, update the mod description so it's pretty clerar to everyone ?
Last edited by razgriz02 on Wed, 27. May 20, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 20. May 20, 22:14

I suggest you read the very first entry of this thread about the available plots. In addition, you might also want to have a look at this: viewtopic.php?t=353528

razgriz02

Post by razgriz02 » Wed, 27. May 20, 19:59

Well unless I'm completely blind, I can't find such information on the description page :( However I edited my post with what I discovered with my own game.

On the other hand, despite what the description says:
  • I can't find out how to assign any of the hotkeys the author speaks about : In the Interface tab and down the Extensions section, I see nothing beside my other mods (hephaestus, etc.)
  • The author says you can "do missions" on each side to eventually "win the war", however I didn't receive any of these missions (beside Loose Ends)
Am I missing something ?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 27. May 20, 21:06

The first entry of this thread states the following:
PLOTS - For Terran Conflict all the plots are available. For Albion Prelude, the main Argon plot is disabled as it is not compatible with the XRM replacement "war". However, all other plots are available. Also, the Corporation and Treasure Hunt plots from TC are playable in AP.
If you don't see the XRM hotkeys from this screenshot, there is either a mod conflict or you haven't installed XRM correctly: https://imgur.com/a/rb8FZFU

I don't think that Paul meant with "do missions to win the war" the usual missions in the game because there aren't any, at least in my X3:AP XRM. What he might have meant is that you can assemble your own fleet and destroy the USC or Argon central war HQ station in the sectors "McCallum Relay" or "Farpoint Relay".

razgriz02

Post by razgriz02 » Wed, 27. May 20, 23:15

BlackArchon wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 21:06
The first entry of this thread states the following:
PLOTS - For Terran Conflict all the plots are available. For Albion Prelude, the main Argon plot is disabled as it is not compatible with the XRM replacement "war". However, all other plots are available. Also, the Corporation and Treasure Hunt plots from TC are playable in AP.
Ok : I'm blind :)
If you don't see the XRM hotkeys from this screenshot, there is either a mod conflict or you haven't installed XRM correctly: https://imgur.com/a/rb8FZFU
Considering I stricly followed instructions, there must be a conflicting mod. I'll basically try to disable them one by one. I'll get back to you on that point.
I don't think that Paul meant with "do missions to win the war" the usual missions in the game because there aren't any, at least in my X3:AP XRM. What he might have meant is that you can assemble your own fleet and destroy the USC or Argon central war HQ station in the sectors "McCallum Relay" or "Farpoint Relay".
I definitely gotta try that :D

razgriz02

Post by razgriz02 » Thu, 28. May 20, 13:57

Ok. Long story short : now it works, but I've no idea why. What I did :
  • Create a complete backup of my X3TC/addon directory
  • Try, one by one, to disable the scripts that could conflict. Considering many of the stuff I had did not show up in the plugin manager, it was not en easy task. And I couldn't even find the conflicting script.
  • Out of despair, I made a list of the mods I knew I was using, and completely uninstalled X3TC + X3TC/AP with steam, and reinstalled it back
  • Re-downloading every single mod I was using. Some of them couldn't be found anymore, or were outdated, and not working, like Economy and supply Trader
  • Since I really wanted to use these now not working mods, I restored the backup I made in step 1
  • ... and now, everything is working... no idea why
But seriously, I'm afraid one day it will go down and I won't be able to miraculously trick my way back,

@moderators : I'm not quite sure I can actually ask the following question. If I can't, I'll just remove this part from the post.

So... is it possible that somebody just zips his/her entire X3TC/addon directory and either uploads it by SFTP to a server I will provide, or just make it availlable to download with another online solution ?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 28. May 20, 17:24

The addon directory contains the Albion Prelude files, so offering this directory for download would be... unwise. ;)

razgriz02

Post by razgriz02 » Thu, 28. May 20, 17:51

Fair enough.... then maybe everything but these files ? I guess they're not easy to spot, right ?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 30. May 20, 21:00

You could do a fresh new install of X3:AP without any further mods and see for yourself what files there are in the addon directory.

Devastator91
x3ap

Post by Devastator91 » Mon, 22. Jun 20, 21:31

Guys?
Can't seem to get the mod to run
Installed it just as specified all the way back at page 1
Did not install the additional mods, used a clean install and followed the instructions to the letter.

Yet when I tried to launch the game, it opened the launcher normally, went to the egosoft logo normally and then the second loading screen, the one before you get into the main menu
Well, a few seconds into said loading screen the game crashes.
No frozen screen or anything, just the program instantly closes as if some ninja opened an invisible task manager, selected X3AP and hit "end task"

Already attempted restart, reinstall, the works. Nothing seems to work.

Can you please help me out?
Pretty please

Legitimate Salvage
x4

Post by Legitimate Salvage » Thu, 3. Sep 20, 13:50

So what are the best corvettes? I've finally got enough money to afford one, so I'd like to get something worthwhile.

Orruner
x3ap

Post by Orruner » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 07:54

Hello everyone!
I'm not sure if this problem has already been fixed somewhere in here, but it seems as if none of the new ships and very few stations that come with XRM are in my game.
There are a bunch of "UNDEFINED" TLs (that i could spawn using the Salvage Command cheat), and blank stations that I am unable to dock with. And besides that, none of the new frigates and destroyers etc., even show up!
I installed the mod in a fresh 3.3 AP game install.
If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated!

Orruner
x3ap

Post by Orruner » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 19:45

I believe I did everything right...
On second thought, I did install the MARS repair drone cat/dat files, but if I attempt to take them out the saves cease to function.
What's the best way to uninstall the mod, so I can attempt to install it correctly? Just delete everything? Or make a fresh install of the game?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”