[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

BlackArchon
xr

Re: [MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 22:17

If you come from Albion Prelude (just like me when I started with XRM), I suggest you try the medium hull pack. This felt the best for me.
XRM's standard hulls are very reminiscent of Terran Conflict's paper thin hulls.

identical123

Post by identical123 » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 18:19

I have three questions about this mod:

1. Does this work with the latest AP version? It says 3.1 and I am assuming the latest version is 3.3/3.4? I don't need to go back on the AP version or anything, correct?
2. Is there a way to change the fact that only XL class ships can use jumpdrive. I understand the reasoning behind putting this handicap into place but this is just a dealbreaker to me.
3. I read somewhere that this mod doesn't consume ammo for any weapon with ammo? If yes, is there a way to change this as well? I would rather have ammo to be finite

Looking forward to playing it :)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 19:42

1. It works without issues, with the exception of a version warning at the game start. It is harmless, just ignore it or fix it yourself in the file "addon\t\8379-L044.xml".
2. Of course you can change that, simply alter the ware class of the jump drive with X3 Editor 2, for example.
3. Correct, all weapons don't consume any ammo. This is offset by the fact that these weapons have a higher energy consumption. If you want to change that, feel free to edit the file "types\TBullet.txt".

identical123

Post by identical123 » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 20:27

BlackArchon wrote:
Sun, 15. Sep 19, 19:42
1. It works without issues, with the exception of a version warning at the game start. It is harmless, just ignore it or fix it yourself in the file "addon\t\8379-L044.xml".
2. Of course you can change that, simply alter the ware class of the jump drive with X3 Editor 2, for example.
3. Correct, all weapons don't consume any ammo. This is offset by the fact that these weapons have a higher energy consumption. If you want to change that, feel free to edit the file "types\TBullet.txt".
3. Can you expand a little more on this? I am assuming the energy cell consumption is much higher when you shoot? If I change weapons to consume ammo, I am assuming each ammo cost is so high [because you only need to buy it once in vanilla XRM] that it disturbs the balance?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 21:08

The weapon energy consumption of formerly ammo-based weapons is incresed, there isn't any energy cell consumption.
I honestly haven't checked the ingame selling prices for the various ammunition types, so I can't answer your question about their cost.

ArboriusCZ
x3tc

Post by ArboriusCZ » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 10:29

Hello guys :)

I have problem with Pirate reputation in X3TC+XRM. I'm using Hull Multiplication Pack, Cockpit Pack, Backgrounds Pack, MARS Data File, Military Base Response Revamp, Trickmov's STO 1.57 - overtake sectors, Tatakau's Marine Repairs 2, Familiar's Pure X HUD, No notoriety loss from hitting jumpgates, Numeric Race Rank Titles, Notoriety list with point values, X3-ressurection mod and ranks for Pirates and Yaki.

So .. i did plenty of build missions for pirates but my rank is still -5 and 0% ... do you have idea why? No problem with Yaki

Thank you for answers :)

Edit: Xenon Rogue start

"Hope Dies Last, But It Dies..."

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 18:50

I assume a mod or script conflict. If you really never harm pirate ships or stations, your reputation with them should get better when running their missions.

Have you also checked if they are really hostile to you? Do they attack your ship as soon as you jump in one of their sectors?

ArboriusCZ
x3tc

Post by ArboriusCZ » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 19:03

Thank you for reply :)

They all are hostiles, only few stations (hacked) are friendly and have missions. I tried fresh game and mods install and fresh Xenon Rogue start now and it's same ... -1 -1000000 reputation. I tried advanced start and everything is ok here. Maybe this is some Xenon Rogue start feature?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 19:38

I don't recall to have this problem in my two Xenon Rogue starts I did in the last years. You could try to use XRM without any additional mods and scripts - just to verify it isn't a XRM problem (which I doubt).

ArboriusCZ
x3tc

Post by ArboriusCZ » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 19:55

Edit: I tried fresh install with xrm only and Xenon Rogue+OTAS Operative not working, both -1 -1000000 rep with pirates. I'll try to download and install xrm mod again :)

I started Terran tourist (pretty hard start) game. Every start with pirate rep better than "hated" is ok, the rest is broken for me. I don't know why and i don't care anymore :)

Thank you for your help :P

Rothank
x4

Post by Rothank » Sat, 30. Nov 19, 01:04

Came back to X3 after about 7 years. So cool to see that there are still people who enjoy this awesome mod! And even continue to work on it!
Image Image

Archi1992

Post by Archi1992 » Fri, 7. Feb 20, 19:58

Hi everyone (if someone is still here :) )

I'm reeeeeaaly tired capturing those M6 ships by SOS because the shield go up to fast, and my firesystem is toooo slow to react. And I'm gone mad with that, almost broke my keyboard, so I tryed to find the shield threshold level to change from 5% to about 10%. But I can't find the exact string to change. I've already activated scripts editor, found plugin.xrm.claim (and some similar of them) tryed to change almost all numbers of 5 but it do not work.

So please, be so kind, save my nerves, and tell my exactly what string/number/e.t.c should I change to get from 5% to 10% shield level to use the SOS NORMALLY.
I'll be happy If you show me screens ,cause I'm not so good at progamming.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 7. Feb 20, 22:42

I haven't digged into the SOS shield threshold yet, but you could use Ion Disruptors in one of your turrets to constantly keep enemy shields down while doing hardly any hull damage.

Vheissu
x4

Post by Vheissu » Sat, 25. Apr 20, 16:48

Are the abandoned ships from X3 TC still in XRM?

Just wondering because I'm planning a new game, and I noticed none of the old unclaimed ships are turning up in Scorp's map. Not sure if it's a problem with the map tool or they are removed in XRM.

Edit: Did some flying around. For anybody else with the same question, it appears that all but a few of the abandoned ships are no longer there.

Looks like I'll be passing on XRM for the time being, I enjoy playing as a salvager so there isn't much for me here.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 15:28

Vheissu wrote:
Sat, 25. Apr 20, 16:48
Are the abandoned ships from X3 TC still in XRM?
Just wondering because I'm planning a new game, and I noticed none of the old unclaimed ships are turning up in Scorp's map. Not sure if it's a problem with the map tool or they are removed in XRM.
Edit: Did some flying around. For anybody else with the same question, it appears that all but a few of the abandoned ships are no longer there.
Looks like I'll be passing on XRM for the time being, I enjoy playing as a salvager so there isn't much for me here.
I think they were removed for a reason because the mod author wanted players to find new ways of making money since everyone knew where fly to grab that experimental ship worth millions (I was doing that every time I launched a new game). Don't discourage yourself though, while playing XRM you will encounter many wrecks and wares to pick up. Also there are certain script that allow you to enhance your salvager experience.

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=219440 Bailing Extension

viewtopic.php?t=221059 Salvage Commands & NPCs

viewtopic.php?t=324170 Abandoned Ship Spawner for AP
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

FalcoGer

Boron Hub Plot stuck after completing Terran Hub Plot

Post by FalcoGer » Sun, 10. May 20, 14:01

X3AP Boron Hub Plot Stuck after completing Terran Hub Plot

I have XRM installed along with a few other mods. I started with the Terran Commander start and selected to disable the terran/argon war. I completed the Terran plot where you reacquire the stolen tech (xperimental, hub, etc). I got the completed, congratulations screen thing at the end and got my terran phq. I also completed corporate troubles up to the 5th shareholder and the complete treasure hunt.

When I got the hub I connected it up a few times and filled it with energy cells. Then after some time and getting rep with argon and boron I got a message, starting the regular hub plot with attreus hq. I completed the first stage of transporting a bunch of missiles. The hub was at this point taken away from me

Finally I completed all the stages up to "Preparing for the Worst", where they want 20 000 energy cells. Before then I have had the station filled with E-Cells from when I had it from the terran plot.
I got a message saying "We have reached our target for Energy cells." and the station was mine. That was before the mission was to deliver energy cells. Three minutes Later I got the actual mission asking for the 20 000 Energy Cells. I couldn't deliver the cells. No matter what I tried, the mission wouldn't progress. I tried trading cells back and forth as well as transferring ownership via script.
I had to reload an old save and remove all the energy cells. Then the mission progressed.

Now it's stuck again. It asked me to connect to Zyarth's Stand. Which I did (On gate 2 to the North gate, since gate 3 was connected to Queen's Harbor). It didn't register, so I waited the 2 hours and then connected Gate 3 to another gate in "Zyarth's Stand" (West Gate). It didn't register either. As a note I know you are only supposed to have access to gate 3 for reconnection, but I had access to all three.from the start. I figured I could just connect any gate, but it seems no matter how many gates I connect to Zyarth's Stand, it's not working.
How can I progress?

I'm at a loss and now I have a permanent mission with no time limit in my mission list, bothering me forever.

Also, and probably not related: I'm running linux, ubuntu 20.04.

So, in order of preference:
- Is there some way to have it recognize the gate connection?
- Is there some way to force a mission state (eg. script editor) to mark this task as completed?
- Is there some way to force a plot state (eg. script editor), for example to the 6th stage "Backdoor Rescue" or completed?
- Is there some way to reset the plot? (I saw the MD Plot Reset script/mod, and it states explicitly that the hub plot is not supported)
- Is there some way to remove the mission from the mission list (least preferred, I want the questline completed)?

I looked through the available commands in the script editor but I couldn't find anything related to missions or plots that would allow me to advance/skip/delete or otherwise solve this issue. I might have overlooked something, though.

FalcoGer

New factories have "product: unkown object"

Post by FalcoGer » Mon, 11. May 20, 19:53

So I figured I installed xrm wrong (complex cleaner was a higher .dat/.cat file as well as model improvements and advanced complex hub). So some of the special shipyards got <invalid> names, not appearing and being untargetable.
I have fixed the order and loaded my game and the stations pop back in. But now the custom stations, in particular the electro magnetic repeated forge and the terran shield production complexes you can buy in terran shipyards have no products. when you buy the stations it says "product: unknown object". Resources are fine. The wares themselves do exist though. Some of my M5 are equipped with electro magnetic repeaters and zeta missiles and the like. When you place those stations the have no product but resources.
I have started a new game to check it, and the products are fine there.
Is there some way to fix it?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 11. May 20, 21:32

Well, you have created quite some problems for yourself. With much effort (learning how to script X3) maybe you could fix your game, but in the end you might want to start a new game with correctly installed scripts and mods atop of XRM. This would probably be faster. :(

FalcoGer

Post by FalcoGer » Tue, 12. May 20, 00:22

BlackArchon wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 21:32
Well, you have created quite some problems for yourself. With much effort (learning how to script X3) maybe you could fix your game, but in the end you might want to start a new game with correctly installed scripts and mods atop of XRM. This would probably be faster. :(
Well, the main issue with the scripting is to find the damn commands in those menus. There is no command reference anywhere and no search feature. It's fairly bare bones and rather tiresome to use. Really I'd much prefer proper typing and then having interpreter errors thrown my way than this click programming nonsense. But of course typing in itself is a pain with the x3 interface. And then there'd need to be proper syntax highlighting and autocomplete and the like, but I digress.

I worked around the issue by creating a few mosquito missile fabs and changed the products over to zeta missiles and some impulse ray emitter fabs and changing the product over to em repeater. That's really all I need (from what's broke)

I'd rather fix the stations (types) themselves but I couldn't find anything related to that. I tried resetting the MD (since there is a setup for xrm) but that didn't work. (reloaded save, since it killed all mission progress). I also looked for setup.xrm scripts but nothing in there seemed to do anything I wanted.

I really don't want to restart, now that I finally got my empire going and being rather far into all the plots again. (not to mention setting up that damn external logistics trader, which took about as much time as it took to complete corporate troubles)

So the main issue is still there. I know how to use the script editor, but there aren't any commands to do what I want in it to fix the game. Or I can't find them.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Tue, 12. May 20, 01:21

Don't use the in-game script editor; use X-Studio or similar instead. Though that isn't for director scripts.

It is hard to say exactly what your problem is without comparing mods and file overwrites and such. But at a guess, you might be able to get by with a simple director script that has a single-fire cue with a <load_map file="dummy_map"/> action, and create an empty "dummy_map.xml" file in the addon/maps folder. The goal is to refresh the station default wares which are defined in map files (WareTemplate for the standard stations). The load_map command triggers a full reparse of the map files, not just the one requested for loading.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”