[MOD HUD] Pure X HUD v6 by Familiar (AP|TC) 13.08.2013

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Familiar
x3tc

Post by Familiar » Tue, 29. May 12, 13:24

O'k gents, I finally got back to X and want to improve this HUD a bit.

This far I've made some adjustments in gui_master.dds

-added jump beacon icons
-added icons for space station
-worked on cursors - made selection more comfortable.

To do:

-replace station icons to something more laconic and readable
-recolor some stuff in menus
-put damage on missile icons (XRM values)
-make loading screens pack showing some XRM stuff.
-(may be) to do something with main menu.
-adapt screens to 16:9 ratio.

For now uploading new gui_master.dds
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18265894/Pure% ... master.dds

Familiar
x3tc

Post by Familiar » Thu, 31. May 12, 11:11

Updated first post. v2 available to download

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Thu, 31. May 12, 15:58

Download link is dead. 404, no file found.

Familiar
x3tc

Post by Familiar » Thu, 31. May 12, 16:07

Sorry, n now fixed the link

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 07:25

Thanks Familiar.

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 15:49

Glad to see you are back, I had been using an 'unofficial' version of your HUD, for a long while... :P

I am giving XRM a go now, and using the latest version of your HUD, and want to ask if you would consider a request?

One of the HUDs, made for X, had transparent menus. Specifically, it had a 'more' transparent menu for the Sector map. You could actually see a 'bit' better through it, without it being clear.

This came in handy, for me anyway, when placing things like SPPs, and, or, wanting to get the orientation correct for standalone factories.

Would you consider maybe an alternate menu overlay? :D

Familiar
x3tc

Post by Familiar » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 08:01

Aegyen wrote:Glad to see you are back, I had been using an 'unofficial' version of your HUD, for a long while... :P

I am giving XRM a go now, and using the latest version of your HUD, and want to ask if you would consider a request?

One of the HUDs, made for X, had transparent menus. Specifically, it had a 'more' transparent menu for the Sector map. You could actually see a 'bit' better through it, without it being clear.

This came in handy, for me anyway, when placing things like SPPs, and, or, wanting to get the orientation correct for standalone factories.

Would you consider maybe an alternate menu overlay? :D
Have you tried "camera view" ability of advanced satellites?
May be it is what you're looking for?

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 03:49

Using the Adv Sat camera is okay, but it doesn't work well when trying to point solar panels. Also, being able to see through the sector map is handy when you are working a battle.

Was just a hope, but thanks anyway.. :wink:

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 15:29

i am using minimal HUD and try out yours today.
Also what Aegyen said. Having a more transparent sector MAP would be an improvement.
- complex building
- Flying through sektor with sinza and while checking out what shows up in the sektor map, uuups there was a rock ...
- also out of my view it would improve the feeling you get for a sektor if you would still be able to see more of it when you change from time to time into sektor map

EDIT:
just tried it out
+ the gravidar is just 8)
+ i love also that the border on the left is gone
- personaly i'd like a version without these icons from ships and stations, i have either the sector map or i can switch through targets by hotkeys, these icons do kind of ruin the atmosphere for me. Not like when i go out for a walk and i see Namesigns and Icons above every Person and thing

it is a very nice Hud
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

Roenie
x3tc

Post by Roenie » Wed, 19. Sep 12, 20:02

Schabernack wrote:i'd like a version without these icons from ships and stations, these icons do kind of ruin the atmosphere for me.
I've tried most HUDs on these forums just now and this is definitely the best. It looks beautiful. The only downside to me is those circles at the top left of stations. Without them, it would be the perfect HUD mod. (Please do not remove the icons of ships though - stations are easy to see without icons, ships are not.)

Only one more thing I can think of is; I would like is a bigger universe map, but none of the hud mods I checked out offer that. Not possible?
I claim this planet in the name of Ed, bringer of bacon.
Roenie's Guide to Open and Closed Loops (X2)

HoPLoN

Post by HoPLoN » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 16:00

Best Hud mode so far !!!

I have a question though .

Is it possible to see the missile or weapon stats displayed on the hud ?
I ve been searching and searching for these options , failed so far.

Could you implement this on a future version or would you suggest any solution ?

Thanx for your awesome mod, keep up the good work :)

**edit .
I just saw that this was on your to do list ;)
Hope its delivered soon !!

I was suggested to use Gazz MIssile Display Data script but it is not cooperating with me lol

MonsterMod
x3tc

Post by MonsterMod » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 03:15

Hoplon, try Missile Data Display for missile data on your HUD.

MonsterMod
x3tc

Post by MonsterMod » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 03:21

Also, since I just recommended this mod in another forum topic, I should say congrats on a nice mod. Here is a picture of a messy fight, that shows how your mod really cleans it up and makes finding your target easier. Hint: its the tiny fighter at the top right of screen :)

http://i50.tinypic.com/2hhn03m.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

SwordShaman
x4

Post by SwordShaman » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 04:48

First I must say that I absolutely love your mod. It really helps with immersion.

Might I add something? I'm currently using X3 Rebalanced Mod and have noticed that quite a few stations have the wrong icon. A few examples that I can remember were factories labeled as ION and IRE on the icon that were in fact missile factories or some such. I am assuming this is because the rebalance mod changes the identity of certain stations? I'm not exactly sure if this is true, but was my assumption.

Thank you for the work you've put into this. You're doing great!

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Wed, 26. Jun 13, 03:57

do the same installation instructions on the title thread hold true for those of us installing this into an AP install, or should we install it into a different folder?
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Familiar
x3tc

Post by Familiar » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 08:21

Yes, installation instructions for both AP and TC are the same.
Last edited by Familiar on Wed, 31. Jul 13, 06:39, edited 1 time in total.

HungryJack
x4

Post by HungryJack » Sat, 29. Jun 13, 06:26

Hey there, seen this mod working on videos and whatnot, but I can't get it to work on my AP installation at all. I've been playing X3 for a while and have just decided to dive into getting one or two mods / scripts installed. I've copied the files across (and created a "dds" folder in my X3:TC folder), according to your instructions but no magic occurs and I'm still stuck with the default HUD. Not entirely sure what else I'm supposed to do?

It's not just your mod either, I'm also have issues getting this simple script to load too: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=180473 I mean, both that one and yours is a simple copy and paste, yet I seem to be messing them up somehow! :o

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it helps, I've got a vanilla install of AP, I've successfully got XRM 1.29 installed, but I'm not aware that there's any issue or compatibility problem with that?

cww1964

Post by cww1964 » Sat, 6. Jul 13, 21:18

AWESOME HUD Familiar...change nothing :)

Jharii
x4

Post by Jharii » Sun, 14. Jul 13, 09:30

HungryJack wrote:Hey there, seen this mod working on videos and whatnot, but I can't get it to work on my AP installation at all. I've been playing X3 for a while and have just decided to dive into getting one or two mods / scripts installed. I've copied the files across (and created a "dds" folder in my X3:TC folder), according to your instructions but no magic occurs and I'm still stuck with the default HUD. Not entirely sure what else I'm supposed to do?
I was having the same issue, or so I thought. Correct me if I am wrong...

Look closer, and you will see the HUD is there, but it is overlaying the cockpit mod that you installed.

Familiar
x3tc

Post by Familiar » Wed, 24. Jul 13, 08:30

cww1964 wrote:AWESOME HUD Familiar...change nothing :)
Heh, I started to work on new version immediately after that :)

however added link to older versions.
UPDATED 24.07.2013

in v3 I've made a LOT of TINY changes, please feel free to comment.
The main ideas of this mod -
1) laconic as it possible
2) clear visibility for target marks, target arrows, gravidar.
3) only necessary reticles
4) station icons back to vanilla size
5) .... something else... - better try it to find out :)

The mod includes 3 dds files - interface itself, and 3 jpg files - recolored to blue AP "loading" stripes and X3TC splash screen fixed for 16:9 resolution - always hated oval earth-view.

inspired by XTC and XRM mods - I'm a big fan of both.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”