[Mod] Litcube's Saturn Complex Hub V0.99b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 14:23

This is a grievous error. This mod is not AP compatible. I am clearly going insane.

You just have to merge it with the AP TFactories.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 17:22

Litcube wrote:You just have to merge it with the AP TFactories.
Merge TFactories and update the pointers in the setup script, right?

I found instructions in two places:

by Seraph Kaoru on page 14 and
by Megaburn on page 11.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 17:25

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Litcube wrote:You just have to merge it with the AP TFactories.
Merge TFactories and update the pointers in the setup script, right?

I found instructions in two places:

by Seraph Kaoru on page 14 and
by Megaburn on page 11.
'

Yup. That should do er'. Thanks, Dr.

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Wed, 28. Nov 12, 22:13

I was about to reinstall complex cleaner for my AP run through when I noticed this mod. I managed to get it working for AP from the instructions from page 11 and it is a really good and easier alternative, thanks for all the hard work.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 28. Nov 12, 22:17

Spectre84 wrote:I was about to reinstall complex cleaner for my AP run through when I noticed this mod. I managed to get it working for AP from the instructions from page 11 and it is a really good and easier alternative, thanks for all the hard work.
-Faith partially restored in the community.
-Posted Bullwinkle's instructions on page 1.

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Thu, 29. Nov 12, 14:35

Hehe only partially!!

I cloned the saturn station and stuck it in Argon space and chaged the owners to Argon as the Terrans hate me and it works no problem.

On my first two complexes I had to remove the unknown object from the complex before it would work the third one had no unknown object and worked straight away (ho hum). I am now on my 4th complex build and needed Terran M/AM ammunition for all my captured ships but oh dear there doesn't seem to be a factory for it in the saturn menu unless I missed something, any ideas?
Last edited by Spectre84 on Thu, 29. Nov 12, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 29. Nov 12, 14:39

Does your universe sell m/AM ammunition factories?

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Thu, 29. Nov 12, 14:53

Wow that was quick I didn't even finish editing my post :wink:

Hmm, I looked in the factory list in the cheat package and there is one in there but I just looked for one with advanced product chaser in my universe and there doesn;t seem to be one.

EDIT:

Yes there is in Jupiter and it's neutral so I don't know why product chaser didn't find it. I cheated on in to the Argons and it found that one ok.
Last edited by Spectre84 on Thu, 29. Nov 12, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 29. Nov 12, 14:54

Then that's why. It'll list stations that are sold in the Universe. Most people seem to be cheating these things in, so maybe I should remove that, and just list every possible station.

One reason I didn't do that, is because people used to pick the wrong ore mine, for example (one that wasn't meant to be sold), and it really screwed things up.

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Thu, 29. Nov 12, 15:09

That's odd because I am getting duplicate Argon ore and silicon mines in the Saturn list (haven't checked for others) and as you can guess I picked the wrong ones at first.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 29. Nov 12, 15:22

Then you probably have two different types being sold.

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Thu, 29. Nov 12, 15:30

Sorry I meant duplicate ore and silicon mine L's

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 29. Nov 12, 15:40

I know.

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Thu, 29. Nov 12, 15:54

It seems that the Terran shipyards do not sell the M/AM launcher warhead factories but they are in the universe and also in the games "factory" list. I wonder why they aren't sold in the shipyards - a bug or something?

I can edit the scrips myself to point at the "game factory list" if you could tell me what to change and it is not too hard as my scripting skills are crap. If you wouldn't mind of course, although I could just buy them from the cheated in factory :D

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Mon, 24. Dec 12, 06:23

Hi there (again),

new PC, new luck, old question:

How is it looking with an option to "add" modules after the initial construction so I don't have to mod my TLs having millions of cargo capacity?

AlexCCCP
x3ap

Post by AlexCCCP » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 23:49

Well after an HD crash I lost my TC games so I decided to get AP and try this script again which I couldn't get to work on TC (just racked up energy cells and never produced product)

I tried to follow the instructions to make it AP compatible by making the Tfactories file in SCH .dat merged with the 03.dat (on my IR2.0, Cycrow cheats and Universal BestBuy AP 3.0 game). Renamed the the SCH to 04. Extracted relevant stuff to t and script folder. But ingame script editor doesn't show setup.SaturnCH. I'm totally lost on what to do to make this sucker work.

I really want a mod like this, but having failed on TC and now on AP im get frustrated :-( Is there anything else similar to this now, or can someone maybe tell me what I'm missing??

EDIT: I've managed to get the SCHs into the game, I was merging the tfactories into the SCH.dat but merging into the 03.dat is what I needed to do, not sure why....
EDIT 2: Woot! I managed to get it humming, I swear though it took my newb ass 3 hrs to figure this out. Thanks, litcube! But even still I dunno why it wasn't running production on my old TC game.

Dragondj0
x3ap

Post by Dragondj0 » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 03:52

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I tried following the instructions to get this mod to work with Albion Prelude.

I put the cat and dat file into Mods as I have no other ones that I want to run.
Extract the TFactory from 02 and Saturn Complex hub and merge.
Place the merged TFactory.txt into types
Did the script edits like said,
Finally using AddStation script to add the Saturn Station to Argon Prime shipyard.

I can purchase it, it deploys and still runs it script if I use the Hotkey for the configuration on it, but it is invisible and I can't comm it. I tried moving the Cat and Dat file into a fake patch but now my game save is Corrupt (It was just a backup I was trying to work it on)

Any help would be appreciated

--EDIT--
Scratch that, I got it to work by doing a fake patch and reloading back again. Just trying to play with the Script now to see if I can do anything about having to side with those pesky Terrans :lol:

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 04:33

Just thought I'd mention that I was successfully able to edit the setup script with X Studio so that the correct wares are installed on that station in Saturn 3.

Was not exactly a cakewalk though, as XStudio didn't seem to recognize the names for the SCHs above 20, had to find 'em in the Unspecified category and otherwise use the internal IDs that the player never sees (LIT_FAC_xxx).
Last edited by Etyneo on Tue, 24. Dec 13, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
HP Pavilion dv6T Quad Edition | CPU: Intel i7-2670QM @ 2.2 Ghz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz | Primary GFX: ATi Radeon HD 7690M XT @ 725 Mhz w/ 2GB GDDR5 @ 800 Mhz | Secondary GFX: Intel HD Graphics | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 04:36

Well done!

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 12:55

LitCube,

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. I just have a simple question, to add the Saturn complex to AP, it just a matter to add the t and scripts files and the cat/dat at the end of the addon folder, nothing else?

I am not too skillful when it comes to modding or messing around with mods.

Thanks.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”