[Mod] Litcube's Saturn Complex Hub V0.99b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 23:27

Litcube wrote:Or tfactories merges, remember to change the data pointers in the setup script. The first should point to the sch 001 and the second to sch 400.
Could you guide me through this, as I've no idea what to look for in the setup xml?

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 07:47

Likely something in the setup script. Using the cheat package, I gave myself max Argon and Terran standing, jumped to Saturn 3 and then manually docked at the shipyard to check to see if its inventory had been set up correctly. As it turns out, it seems that it hasn't.

Pardon the odd lines in the following screenshots. I don't have them on my screen when I play and they are likely an artifact generated by taking the screenshots using the ingame method while playing in windowed mode.

Top of list:

[ external image ]

Bottom of list:

[ external image ]

All the SHC's are accounted for in the list aside from the last two (399 and 400.) This leads me to think that your setup script is designed to use specific line numbers from the tfactories. My tfactories and yours are 2 lines off (mine being longer) which means a simple solution for me would be to remove the last 2 BLANK_PLACEHOLDER entries and thus align the file to work with an unaltered setup script. However, my concern is whether or not those BLANK_PLACEHOLDER entries are used for something besides taking up space in TFactories.

I really wish I knew what to look for and change in the setup script so I could point it to the relevant lines in TFactories... I do have C++ coding experience, but XML is foreign to me... I'll continue looking for the proper logic on my own, but haven't had a great deal of luck so far.

EDIT:
I decided to give the ingame Script Editor a try, as Notepad ++ wasn't helping much...and I manged to fix the script so that the generated station has the correct wares. I placed a 20 using the cheat package and configured it to produce Terran EMPCs and it actually generated the list of required stations, etc. However, when selecting the desired station type, I was unable to change the value for Energy surplus. In any case, I seem to be making progress.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 13:26

Yup, you got it. Energy surplus is the minimum energy the complex will put out, it's not an additive. If the math finds that you've requested more energy production than it can build, it will throw SPPs in the complex (with the required support, crystals, food, bio, etc.) until it exceeds or meets your specifications.

It's an expensive option. 99% of cases, an energy surplus of 0 is more than adequate for jumping traders. How many times are your traders going to be jumping from a EMPC complex? That thing will take several hours to fill the cargo hold of a TS.

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 15:38

Litcube wrote:Yup, you got it. Energy surplus is the minimum energy the complex will put out, it's not an additive. If the math finds that you've requested more energy production than it can build, it will throw SPPs in the complex (with the required support, crystals, food, bio, etc.) until it exceeds or meets your specifications.

It's an expensive option. 99% of cases, an energy surplus of 0 is more than adequate for jumping traders. How many times are your traders going to be jumping from a EMPC complex? That thing will take several hours to fill the cargo hold of a TS.
It was just a quick test to see if it was working better than previously. I didn't install any of the required stations or try turning it on. The Energy Surplus thingie I'm referring to is in the initial screen before you even select what type of factory it is to be. See the screenshot below:

[ external image ]

That's what shows up when I have selected the SCH (a 20 in this case) gone into it's command console and opened your SCH config without clicking on anything in said config. In past testing, I've not been able to change that 0 to anything else.

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 09:03

Anyone have a link to a good asteroid combining script?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 09:11

1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 23:44

Does the SCH support PBG or IBL forges? Would be nice if I could use the SCH to produce a closed loop for captured PBG or IBL forges...

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 00:28

Etyneo wrote:Does the SCH support PBG or IBL forges? Would be nice if I could use the SCH to produce a closed loop for captured PBG or IBL forges...
There's nothing hardcoded in SCH's scripts except a few sun and mine values.

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 05:01

Hmm... I was just noticing that I couldn't find PBG or IBL forges anywhere in the station list for the calculator (which presumably uses the same code as for the SCH based calc.) In the ingame encyclopedia, these stations are listed as belonging to the Pirate race, yet they don't show up in Pirate, Yaki, or any of the other races stations lists when viewed with the SCH calculator tool (the one I can call up whenever.)

Edit:
I do have a theory as to why this is happening. It has to do with your early patch resolving the non installable stations issue where the calculator will now list only those stations that are purchasable. Given that both the PBG and IBL forges are not purchasable, they would be left off the list unless you made special exception for them as they can be aquired through means other than purchase. It's possible a similar issue exists with the Terran Ice Mines or whatever they're called (not sure if one can purchase those, but I know you can cap 'em.)

Additionally, I'm seriously considering installing the Xtra ship pack (it's up to version 2.01 as of this post) and am wondering if the Xtra patch on page 7 of this thread is still viable, given that it's for an older version of Xtra.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 16:21

Yeah, only stations sold are in that list. Typically that isn't a problem, as you wouldn't be able to load the station.

Sold stations are typically verified and intended to be in the game. Other stations could be filler.

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 23:21

You might consider adding exceptions for stations like the PBG and IBL forges as they can be captured while packed into TLs. Otherwise to feed them we have to revert to the standard complex.

Also, still looking for an answer regarding Xtra.

thamuz
x3tc

Post by thamuz » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 05:01

First off great mod.

Now for the embarrassing part. I can't seem to find the post that says how to make this work with AP. I am fairly sure there is one and I think I read through this whole thread, but I just can't see it. :oops:

Any help with this would be great. And I think there was another post about how to change the station these are sold at, but that may just be a hope. If those are posts and not just one of my many delusions Any chance that info might be added to the original post?

Thanks

AlexCCCP
x3ap

Post by AlexCCCP » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 21:59

Sorry to resurrect, but this mod seems very valuable to me.

I run TC 3.2 with no real mods except minors (free jump, cheat lib, wing commands, bounce, IR 2.0 and Universal best buy/sell)

I have set this mod up properly (I think), bought a complex 005 in Saturn, and set it up to make Wasp missiles. All went well and I engaged it, watching the production I see Energy Cells filled up under Secondary Resources, while Wasp Missiles in Products didn't produce at all and display 0% required resources. So I re-opened the console for SCH and noticed that although when engaged station info says Wasp Missiles is the product, the console displays Meatsteaks??

Anyway I have no idea why it's not working for me, wondering if anyone has ides.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I tried again this time to make an 005 1 MJ Shield Complex and same thing. Station Info displays 1Mj shield as product, but nothing occurs, while the console displays Meatsteak Cahoonas. I tried to re-install the game and received the same results :-(

Hardscript
x3tc

Post by Hardscript » Sun, 25. Nov 12, 05:03

I loved this mod in my last play through and would love to get it working again in my current XRM AP game.

However I am not having any luck, is it incompatible or is it because i need to start a new game or something?

Also I would love it if you get get them from another race, other than the damn terran, i am always at war with them.

You could keep the same model and stuff, just add something like the Hephaistos Corp to buy them on your behalf.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 01:35

Hardscript wrote:I loved this mod in my last play through and would love to get it working again in my current XRM AP game.

However I am not having any luck, is it incompatible or is it because i need to start a new game or something?
Well, with no details of what sort of game you ran last time, I can't help you. It's AP compatible. XRM, you need to do some TFactory hack, and change a few lines in the script. Details are in this thread.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 14:23

This is a grievous error. This mod is not AP compatible. I am clearly going insane.

You just have to merge it with the AP TFactories.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 17:22

Litcube wrote:You just have to merge it with the AP TFactories.
Merge TFactories and update the pointers in the setup script, right?

I found instructions in two places:

by Seraph Kaoru on page 14 and
by Megaburn on page 11.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 27. Nov 12, 17:25

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Litcube wrote:You just have to merge it with the AP TFactories.
Merge TFactories and update the pointers in the setup script, right?

I found instructions in two places:

by Seraph Kaoru on page 14 and
by Megaburn on page 11.
'

Yup. That should do er'. Thanks, Dr.

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Wed, 28. Nov 12, 22:13

I was about to reinstall complex cleaner for my AP run through when I noticed this mod. I managed to get it working for AP from the instructions from page 11 and it is a really good and easier alternative, thanks for all the hard work.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 28. Nov 12, 22:17

Spectre84 wrote:I was about to reinstall complex cleaner for my AP run through when I noticed this mod. I managed to get it working for AP from the instructions from page 11 and it is a really good and easier alternative, thanks for all the hard work.
-Faith partially restored in the community.
-Posted Bullwinkle's instructions on page 1.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”