X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

shameless creature
x3ap

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by shameless creature » Sun, 17. May 20, 11:07

I've been doing a bit of boarding (and save scumming) and 9 out of 10 times, bailed or boarded ships are completely stripped of any weapons, shields or ship extensions. So the chance that a (transferable) jumpdrive in particular drops is probably 1 in 100 or worse even if it wasn't removed from the loot table.

On the other hand, built-in components including jumpdrives always drop, so certain ships (M1, M2, TL, AP Gunner...) are guaranteed to have a non-transferable jumpdrive.

Saeldanya

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by Saeldanya » Wed, 20. May 20, 10:30

I'd like to report a variety of issues with the AP version of Xtended - the complete package from Nexusmods, which I believe was uploaded in late 2019. Thanks to the person who uploaded it, I don't think there's anything wrong with the download. I believe Xtended for AP is just broken in some ways. Anyone reading this who wants to play the Mod: go with the TC version.

All of these were encountered with the 'Beyond the Frontier' Terran trader start.

1) It wasn't possible to build any Terran stations using a rented TL. TLs of non-Terran races refuse to dock at the Terran shipyard. A Redditor confirmed this with the TC version of Xtended as well, though he was able to dock at the Terran shipyard with the Goner Ozias found in the same system. I wasn't able to rent the Goner Ozias due to the -1 starting reputation with Goners, and inability to raise that reputation (see below).

2) Any attempt to raise Aldrin or Goner reputation results in a 'reset' of Terran reputation to 1. This was particularly frustrating whenever one of my automated traders was selling food in Aldrin space and I wasn't paying attention. I'd get the 'you have gained recognition' voice notification, which meant that my Terron rep went from 7 something back to 1.

3) The Katana (Terran M6) was just fundamentally broken, as in, it couldn't be steered. Any attempt to turn left or right resulted in the ship rolling instead, making it impossible to navigate. I wasn't controlling a turret instead of the ship. A Redditor did not encounter this issue with the TC version of Xtended.

4) All Paranid stations were hostile (red) from the beginning, and would not revert back to green after raising Paranid reputation from -3 (starting value) to +3. Other players on Reddit told me they never encountered hostile stations when starting with a -3 reputation to a race.

5) The Split plot never started even though I met the prerequisites I found listed online (sectors visited and Split reputation). The Argon Leviathan plot started and seemed to progress normally. The Boron plot (Enemy at the Gates) sort of started (the book symbol showed up) and I was able to progress through the initial mission steps. However, it didn't continue after the early events involving the Freestation in Sector 404. It also never showed up in the Mod's own mission logbook, it only showed in the standard missions tab (the top icon on the left side of the screen). I wasn't able to test the Paranid plot due to my hostile station issues, and didn't have the pirate rep for the pirate plot.

I know the mod development has stopped, but maybe this helps someone else who considered picking up the AP version of Xtended.

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Thu, 21. May 20, 02:28

Hi from Reddit. :)
I just checked out the Katana and can confirm this, its controls are completely broken. Unlike other M6 I have flown so far.

iHaku
x4

Post by iHaku » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 10:07

ignore this post im dumb lol
Last edited by iHaku on Sat, 13. Jun 20, 17:34, edited 2 times in total.

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 17:12

The HullD and ShieldD figures are damage per second.

iHaku
x4

Post by iHaku » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 17:33

shameless creature wrote:
Sat, 13. Jun 20, 17:12
The HullD and ShieldD figures are damage per second.
oh damn. started looking at the bullet data, you're right, im an idiot :lol:

iHaku
x4

Post by iHaku » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 22:06

Since I'm terrible at comparing ships and weapons ingame and because i replay XTC regularely, I decided to make a neatly sorted spreadsheet for different ship classes and weapons. I'm aware that an official 2.0 Sheet already exists but it obviously doesnt have X-tra ship data and isnt very... "sortable" if that makes sense

This way i can see certain things very easily like "what m2 destroyer can mount the most lasers?" "what is the fastest M5 to explore?" "Whats the fastest Jumprive (M) ship?" and other questions, are now quite easily to answer for me, while also allowing a direct comparison between ships of the same class.

Note that i do not distinguish between things like M2 and M2+ but purely by ingame defined classes.

What this list doesnt tell you:
"What lasers can a ship mount? in what turret? How many turrets does a ship have, how are they oriented and what lasers are in them?"
"How much does each ship Cost?"
"Whats its yaw/pitch/roll speed?"
"Do medium ships fit into the Hangar?"

This List is based on XTC 2.2a + Cadius' X-Tra Ship pack

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

if anyone wants to make a suggestion, feel free to ping me on the egosoft discord

Xaritscin

Post by Xaritscin » Fri, 11. Sep 20, 03:53

i downloaded this mod for AP and it has been quite enjoyable to the point i kind of want to contribute to fix some of the errors i found on the prototype. need a lead on what would be the best tools to edit the mod files, i've tried my hand at modding in other games but have never touched that on X3 so im kind of a noob at it.

the current goals so far are:

1. fix some NPCs not activating their voicelines when interacted with (happends frequently when picking a mission)
2. fix the reputation reduction on some races (Terrans are the main example of this issue)
3. fix an error in the launcher where the "View Distance" options has its title shown as an error value
4. fix the Katana controls
5. the Terran station build issue when using rented TLs
6. fix Split plot never starting

im trying to study how to edit those so perhaps in the future i may be able to take on what was left off. not saying i have a lot of free time but i could contribute during the weekends and maybe after work. thanks in advance

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 00:06

The go-to tool for editing files in the game would be "X3 Editor 2". Though it's not suited for touching mission-related xml-files, but those can be opened in any old text editor.

Xaritscin

Post by Xaritscin » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 01:06

Herman2000 wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 00:06
The go-to tool for editing files in the game would be "X3 Editor 2". Though it's not suited for touching mission-related xml-files, but those can be opened in any old text editor.
that seems to be the case, i downloaded both X3 Editor2 and X Studio just in case. already unpacked the Cats from my Xtended download and currently trying to figure out how were the ships added in the TShips file. from what i read each fake patch sits over the original files at least hierarchy wise so im trying to understand how did the Xtended devs organize the TShips file so i can updated based on Albion Prelude IDs.

i was originally just going to edit the cats from the TC folder directly but after thinking about it it seems im gonna have to port the whole mod to Albion Prelude so it can be compatible with the expansion ships and other functionalities so thats the new direction. plan so far is:

1. find which files on the XTC Cats are compatible with AP
2. find which files on the XTC Cats require a major reorganization in order to work with AP ID lists (already trying for ships since they are the most important element but im sure Stations and Weapons also need a look)
3. make a new set of Cats from that change that can be put in the AP folder directly
4. check if the Scripts work or if they require adjustments based on the new Cats
5. see if the bugs found on the latest comments of the thread can be sorted out while working on this port

i have already made a list of the IDs on AP TShips, now need to make a List of all the ships added on Xtended that arent a mirror of the expansion ships (Factory Ships for example), i also want to take a look on the way the file is written but the text editor version is so massive im not sure what im looking at.

UPDATE:

i finished writting a series of lists files of all the ships with their IDs on AP, Xtended and even Cadius Xtra Ship Pack. now im trying to check the TShips files directly to understand which line is which ship and how they are implemented (file is too bloated and too unorganized, i thought they would be organized by ID in the .txt as they appear on editor but anyways). the objective is to take the Xtended TShips file as base (due to the way its organized) then edit the entries so they match their AP counterparts (as some of them were later introduced in the expansion, EX: Pteranodon, Mammoth, Phoenix, etc..), there's a lot of overlapping between the vanilla game and the 2 mods so i'll have to do some renaming in the case of some ships (for those cases where the mod added extra ships that have their own models but have the same name as pre-existing ships, EX: Falchion line of ships implemented in Xtended, Xtra implementes another Falchion strike bomber).

general logic of the procedure is that outside of ships there's not much critical content edited by Xtended that will crash the game (weapons and stations should behave correctly, just need to edit them to have certain ships avaliable but that's not important atm). and if the fork of Xtended TC + Xtra Ships pack i downloaded is right, then the bonus ships should also be compatible for porting them into the new TShips file.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 17:04

Xaritscin wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 01:06
stuff
Not sure what your plan is honestly :gruebel: Do you plan to make XTC ships available in vanilla AP, or do you want to make XTC usable in AP (which the prototype already does).
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Xaritscin

Post by Xaritscin » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 01:53

I want to understand enough of the mod so i can move all the content into AP rather than having to distribute files among the folders. in addition, i want to make a fork of the mod that enables some of the stuff from Albion Prelude like the Stock Exchange (havent seen it work so far in my playthroughs) along with seeing if some of the errors reported can be fixed (i know how to fix the error text in the launcher but no idea about the issues with the Terran Katana, would need to obtain one on the first place because the files dont seem to have anything problematic).

i also want to see if i can merge stuff from other mods with Xtended to give more meat to the simulation it already has going on. not sure how long it will take me but im trying to start from somewhere.

Aydan

Post by Aydan » Thu, 15. Oct 20, 13:27

If you want to use some ships in AP, you'll have to port them over manually one by one. There are some unique naming conventions concerning ships, weapons and turrets which were introduced to the XTC exclusive universe to match the newly written god module and jobs file (expanding universe). Merging something into the mod has to be done also manually, as long as the later patches did not change the naming. Be also careful adding new jobs to see the ships zipping around the universe, as they may get jobs not fitting their role, storagewise i.e. New wares, especially ship equipment from a different mod, have to match the droptable formula as they need to be included there also. If not, the best outcome would be it'll never drop when a ship is destroyed, worst case is that the game crashes every time a ship ist destroyed (because there was a XTC unique way of loot dropped added afaik). Best way would be to not add any ship extension/ware to NPC ships and make them only usable for player race only.

Adding the stock market functionality is a bit easier, as you just need to add some new NPCs the stations, which can be done in half an hour if you know where to look at. Don't know if they need to be adapted or just call the generic TWare files which haven't changed that much since the wares are almost the same.
Anyway, merging is possible, but it needs to be done manually, there's no automated shortcut.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Thu, 22. Oct 20, 23:51

Is it normal to have the ''Artificial Life'' option greyed out? XTC v2.2a ...not AP!

I read in the manual about option in the AL menu but mine is greyed out , can't access those options. Is this normal ?

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 23. Oct 20, 03:15

unknown1 wrote:
Thu, 22. Oct 20, 23:51
Is it normal to have the ''Artificial Life'' option greyed out? XTC v2.2a ...not AP!

I read in the manual about option in the AL menu but mine is greyed out , can't access those options. Is this normal ?
AL only works once the game has been saved and reloaded, try that.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 22:59

Hi, do someone who worked on xtc still have original versions of xtc race logos?
I mean those:
Spoiler
Show
And other races too.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 09:22

Good day. In folder S, in cat/dat 15 there are wav files with voice of sectors names . Who can give tekt for these files?

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 12:55

KrYcHokE wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 22:59
Hi, do someone who worked on xtc still have original versions of xtc race logos?
Maybe enenra might have an idea - i think he is around from time to time. Maybe write him a PM. I dont remember who created them (my guess is either enenra or AragonSpeed), but if you want to use them, you need to get their permission.
alexalsp wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 09:22
Good day. In folder S, in cat/dat 15 there are wav files with voice of sectors names . Who can give tekt for these files?
What is "give tekt" supposed to mean ?
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 16:26

Killjaeden wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 12:55
My guess is that was supposed to mean "text". They asked around about that on the Egosoft Discord server, so I directed them here.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 16:26

File wav = text.

Or where they are registered and where are the text identifiers to which they refer to.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”