X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by Axeface » Tue, 21. May 19, 16:17

steve_v wrote:
Tue, 21. May 19, 12:34
Axeface wrote:
Sun, 10. Feb 19, 20:53
Would appreciate anyone that tests the download. Especially regarding the turret fix.
So far (@6-14) everything, (with the exception of the issues I posted previously against the TC version) is working nicely. Turrets included. :) Thanks for the upload, it saved me considerable time.

Since you mention that you were/are a team member, perhaps you could answer a couple quick questions?

*) Do you know if the two problems mentioned by dizzy here - readtext errors in old saves (may be related to the problem I reported with "defend sector" missions) and boarding abandoned ships tanking "Neutral Race" reputation - were ever solved?
Ed. "Neutral Race" problem is still a thing, not sure about the other.
*) Are the "Secret Service" ships involved in the paranid plot supposed to be red and belong to the ATF? It seems pretty strange that they would be, but there they are tanking my (positive) terran rep... Friend-foe updates in general do seem a little flaky.

On a semi-related note, the paranid & argon plots have asked me to dock at stations that I don't have docking clearance for - Is this intended?

Noobcybot wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 15:55
In fact, when i try to deploy the kit, there's no stations to choose, also, when the hangar is deployed, there's no tubes between the hangar and the stations.

I bought 2 xxl solar stations from teladi, and i tried to connect them in the 900% teladi sector. However the same problem persists.
It doesn't help you, but for an additional data-point complex construction is working just fine for me. The new XXL stations too.
Thanks, im glad the download helped someone and thanks for the clarification about turrets, that one had me worried.
As for your problem, I was/ just a lowly modeller, everything else I have no knowledge about im afraid sorry (wish I did, I think the mod can be packaged much more neatly but im really not sure how the file structure works).
Im playing the mod currently too, if I see any of the bugs you mention i'll post here.

steve_v
x4

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by steve_v » Wed, 22. May 19, 08:04

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 21. May 19, 16:17
I was/ just a lowly modeller
Dunno about lowly, some of those models look pretty sweet. :P
Axeface wrote:
Im playing the mod currently too, if I see any of the bugs you mention i'll post here.
Cool. Even if they can't be fixed, a confirmation/not will still be useful in compiling a frustration-reducing "known issues" list.

I was going to have a crack at a quick & dirty AL plugin workaround for keeping "Neutral Race" neutral, but I'm having a little dead-link trouble finding scripting tutorials/information... and more than a little horror upon realising that scripts are written in *shudder* MSCI.
A working link to the file mentioned here would be very handy, if anyone managed to grab it before it vanished.

I know thie game is old now, but the amount of bitrot on this forum and the number of forever-lost or never-finished mods is pretty depressing.
Anything hosted at thexuniverse.com is particularly troublesome, as that site's registration form has been broken for years. I'd be interested in obtaining the "hotfix" listed here as well - I'm finding the boarding transporter to be rather hit-and-miss and I suspect tracking the changes to that script would be useful in figuring out why.

I don't suppose XTC is under some kind of version-control or has a central repository like a sensible project? Too much to hope for? Tracking down patches and random code-snippets on half-dead forums is infuriating.

Sorry for the lengthy rant, I love this mod and I'd really like to try sorting out some of the issues that I have encountered... Learning a new language I can probably do, but I'm kinda screwed if I can't get the documentation or source-files I need.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 25. May 19, 15:53

steve_v wrote:
Wed, 22. May 19, 08:04
A working link to the file mentioned here would be very handy, if anyone managed to grab it before it vanished.
Grabbed, uploaded to xdownloads and download link added to opening post of linked thread.
The MSCI handbook also has a section about AL Plugins.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 26. May 19, 08:41

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 25. May 19, 15:53
Grabbed, uploaded to xdownloads and download link added to opening post of linked thread.
Dude, you're awesome. :mrgreen:

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 26. May 19, 10:28

I'm still finding Khaak beam weapons to be a single-digit-FPS slideshow. :(
For anyone with the same problem, converting all the beams to standard projectiles with X3 Customizer works nicely. Prebaked for the lazy, YMMV.

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 21:13

Axeface wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 05:04
No probs. If anyone wants to be credited for a specific thing like the hotfixes and patches (theres quite a few of them and im not sure who did what) please let me know via pm and i'll add them.

Regarding the 'turret bug'.
Could it be as simple as a spelling mistake with the script files?
There are 2 scripts that I noticed are spelled incorrectly, "!turret.killcaptials.adv.pck" and "!turret.killcaptials.std.pck". Shouldnt that be 'killcapitals'?
Wrote in comments there but i will write here as well.
Amazing that there is good repo now on nexus.

Imho it would be even better if X-Tended would get Litecube bounce script integrated to fix those AI problems where stuff just bashes into everything.

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 04:23

I think it's fair to say that this is easily one of the most influential mods out there, easily in the top 3 for TC/AP.

I have a request. Specifically, I am here to ask for permission. For private use, in a non-Xtended-TC session of Albion Prelude I'm running, I've decided to "port over" the station models and scene files and make them usable in the vanilla game, for the sake of X-Universe-race-diversity - and some ingenius models, they are. My TFactories/TDocks is otherwise vanilla as heck.
Would you permit me to spread this as a sort of "standalone" mod with due credit to the hard-working modellers and other content creators? I am sure others would be interested in this - though I would also understand if you would be rather against it.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 25. Aug 19, 03:01

Herman2000 wrote:
Thu, 22. Aug 19, 04:23
I think it's fair to say that this is easily one of the most influential mods out there, easily in the top 3 for TC/AP.

I have a request. Specifically, I am here to ask for permission. For private use, in a non-Xtended-TC session of Albion Prelude I'm running, I've decided to "port over" the station models and scene files and make them usable in the vanilla game, for the sake of X-Universe-race-diversity - and some ingenius models, they are. My TFactories/TDocks is otherwise vanilla as heck.
Would you permit me to spread this as a sort of "standalone" mod with due credit to the hard-working modellers and other content creators? I am sure others would be interested in this - though I would also understand if you would be rather against it.
The race specific stations were a massive undertaking, I cant even imagine the amount of hours that went into it. I personally wouldnt mind, but I cant speak for the people that were behind the majority of the work I was only a small part of it. I'de suggest you wait for replies from a few more team members before posting the port.

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Sun, 25. Aug 19, 03:08

Rest assured, I would never have operated under the assumption, "no response = it's probably gonna be fine". I would never want to devalue the huge amount of obvious, visible effort that went into these models and scene-collections by such ignorance. Only when I have the "OK" will I share that content at all.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Thu, 5. Sep 19, 23:35

Herman2000 wrote:
Sun, 25. Aug 19, 03:08
I'm not ok with yanking the models out of the mod. It's like cherry picking the cream of the crop and "respectfully" kicking the rest away like a rotten something. Porting the vanilla map to XTC instead of XTC content into vanilla i would be ok with. Even though the universe and everything to go with it was a large piece of work, at least that way the rest stays intact - and i can see why the vanilla universe has some gameplay intrigue to it (other than nostalgia) - the sector clusters vanilla are not as monochromatic in the way XTC sectors are ("all of south west corner = teladi, all of south = paranid etc"). Vanilla has a bit more variety as far as ownership is concerned. Though i mean, it should be easy to also mix it up in XTC galaxy by a bit of galaxy editor work as well.

If you just are after the more "homely" feeling of vanilla (aka smaller sectors), have a look at the "cozy universe" modification i made for xtc. I found it a much more enjoyable experience - with a lot more things going on (due to traffic density increasing).
steve_v wrote:
Wed, 22. May 19, 08:04
I know thie game is old now, but the amount of bitrot on this forum and the number of forever-lost or never-finished mods is pretty depressing.
Anything hosted at thexuniverse.com is particularly troublesome, as that site's registration form has been broken for years. I'd be interested in obtaining the "hotfix" listed here as well - I'm finding the boarding transporter to be rather hit-and-miss and I suspect tracking the changes to that script would be useful in figuring out why.

I don't suppose XTC is under some kind of version-control or has a central repository like a sensible project? Too much to hope for? Tracking down patches and random code-snippets on half-dead forums is infuriating.

Sorry for the lengthy rant, I love this mod and I'd really like to try sorting out some of the issues that I have encountered... Learning a new language I can probably do, but I'm kinda screwed if I can't get the documentation or source-files I need.
Sorry for late answer, but on the off chance you are still trying /searching, let me know. Yes, we had a repository (version control) back in the day when development was still running, but it was private and is no longer running. Main Versions where actually made with an installer, and nobody was around to make them anymore at some point. Plus uploading large files was an issue.

I have all the loose files still (to the best of my knowledge), so if you need anything in particular/ have a question, you can ask me (quote me so its harder to miss for me).
The neutral race thing is a bit... botched i must admit. There just are not enough "normal" races to allow Aldrin to be a regularly working faction, so our guys did some "hacks" to get their reputation to work. Personally, if i had to decide, i would have left Aldrin out completely - too many issues with race reputation and they are only implemented haphazardly. Plus there's some hardcoded features from TC/AP, i think (ATF reputation with hardcoded linkage to terran reputation - or something like that). ATF race is used for Aldrin actually if memory serves right (reputation is scripted, because it doesnt work normally).
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Fri, 6. Sep 19, 01:55

Killjaeden wrote:
Thu, 5. Sep 19, 23:35
I'm not ok with yanking the models out of the mod. It's like cherry picking the cream of the crop and "respectfully" kicking the rest away like a rotten something. Porting the vanilla map to XTC instead of XTC content into vanilla i would be ok with. Even though the universe and everything to go with it was a large piece of work, at least that way the rest stays intact - and i can see why the vanilla universe has some gameplay intrigue to it (other than nostalgia) - the sector clusters vanilla are not as monochromatic in the way XTC sectors are ("all of south west corner = teladi, all of south = paranid etc"). Vanilla has a bit more variety as far as ownership is concerned. Though i mean, it should be easy to also mix it up in XTC galaxy by a bit of galaxy editor work as well.

If you just are after the more "homely" feeling of vanilla (aka smaller sectors), have a look at the "cozy universe" modification i made for xtc. I found it a much more enjoyable experience - with a lot more things going on (due to traffic density increasing).
I shall respect this decision henceforth, and not distribute the modification to anyone whatsoever.

With that being said, while I love the particular feature, to me, personally, that which I have seen out of X-Tended feels too much of a deviation as a whole - things are just changed up a whole, economically and otherwise, and a whole lot of that, as to make it seem like it may just as well be a thing of its own. The remainder of the feature list doesn't really elicit excitement from me personally - which is not to say the team didn't do an amazing job. It's just not a job that appeals to me, personally.
Sorry if that response seems like an affront or otherwise not like what you expected to hear. It's just how I feel. (And for what it's worth, it's how I feel about a lot of the big-name mods out there.)
Although, I'd also not exactly call vanilla X³ sectors "cozy" or "homely" - for that, even they are far too huge. X², now, there's where coziness lies.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 6. Sep 19, 17:54

Herman2000 wrote:
Fri, 6. Sep 19, 01:55
that which I have seen out of X-Tended feels too much of a deviation as a whole - things are just changed up a whole, economically and otherwise, and a whole lot of that, as to make it seem like it may just as well be a thing of its own.
The only significant difference is that you dont get showered in reputation and money for doing a hand full of missions (so it's more in line with Reunion than TC/AP) . Other than this and having a different map and a better rounded ship/combat balance (more like cmod than vanilla) there is not much difference in gameplay otherwise. All the other features are "on top" and won't affect gameplay if you dont want to use them. Did you give it a chance, or did you just read the feature list ?
[ external image ]
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Fri, 6. Sep 19, 20:45

Killjaeden wrote:
Fri, 6. Sep 19, 17:54
The only significant difference is that you dont get showered in reputation and money for doing a hand full of missions (so it's more in line with Reunion than TC/AP) . Other than this and having a different map and a better rounded ship/combat balance (more like cmod than vanilla) there is not much difference in gameplay otherwise. All the other features are "on top" and won't affect gameplay if you dont want to use them. Did you give it a chance, or did you just read the feature list ?
I mean, I personally haven't seen much need for balancing changes as such, but then, pretty much since X-Tension, I've been a trade player at heart. :B That being said, actually _delving_ into X-Tended is somewhere on my far-off to-do-list, but as it is, I've got two X runs (X² with an Xuniversewizard-ed universe, and X³: AP Vanilla-except-visuals-and-my-own-sh*tty-in-progress-modding-crap), and the occasional modding I'm dabbling into, going on already, when I am not busy with, well, work.
That's not to say I don't respect the work that went into it, regardless. Particularly balancing a completely new map must, by itself, have been a massive undertaking and one I am not sure I could really have stayed on top of myself to any meaningful capacity. (While I do put work into the Galaxy, it's mostly to look at the pretty combinations of colors, nebulae, suns and planets I can clank together :goner: )

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 6. Sep 19, 22:46

Axeface wrote:
Hi Axe, you could add the statistics data sheets to the nexus - i cleaned them up a little + made pdf's of them https://www.dropbox.com/s/c33yhyce0iwmp ... s.zip?dl=0
[ external image ]

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sat, 7. Sep 19, 03:01

Killjaeden wrote:
Fri, 6. Sep 19, 22:46
Axeface wrote:
Hi Axe, you could add the statistics data sheets to the nexus - i cleaned them up a little + made pdf's of them https://www.dropbox.com/s/c33yhyce0iwmp ... s.zip?dl=0
Done, thanks for the sheets! Great info. Added them as an optional download.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sat, 7. Sep 19, 04:52

Killjaeden wrote:
Sorry for late answer, but on the off chance you are still trying /searching, let me know.
I did get a dirty little hack working, just a couple lines added to the boarding script to reset neutral race rep after the ship owner changes. Easier than I thought, and lets me use abandoned/return ship mission ships for boarding practice again. :)
Killjaeden wrote:
The neutral race thing is a bit... botched i must admit. There just are not enough "normal" races to allow Aldrin to be a regularly working faction, so our guys did some "hacks" to get their reputation to work. Personally, if i had to decide, i would have left Aldrin out completely - too many issues with race reputation and they are only implemented haphazardly.
Yeah, I noticed. :P
There are some very odd things around Aldrin/ATF rep and ship ownership, especially WRT one of the plots... but it's no big deal. I agree that leaving Aldrin out would probably have been better.

Anyway, the GNU/Linux port of X4 is now available without the cancer that is steam, so X3 is shelved (and my XTC install archived, I'll come back to it for sure) until I get bored with it.
Thanks for getting back to me all the same, late or not. I'm not mucking about with X3 mods right now, but given the jankiness of X4 that may change sooner rather than later.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 7. Sep 19, 14:55

I've pulled the FAQ from TXU archive:
It was created and maintained by Loriel, at the time

Q0. How do I install on a steam version of Terran Conflict?
A. "Run the X-Tended_-_Terran_Conflict_2.0.exe file. Instead of installing XTC in the default directory suggested by the installer, install to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict". If on an operating system prior to Win 7, remove the " (x86)" from the directory."
(credit to CubemonkeyNYC)
Alternatively Aragon Speed has suggested copying the steam installation to a new directory for use in XTC, then applying the no-steam .exe (found on egosoft.com in downloads section) - see the sticky here (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/229 ... -for-steam).

Q1. I've installed it, but it doesn't work. What do I do?

A.Check for solutions in the Technical Support Forum - post your problem there if you don't find a solution.

Q2. I've started a game, flown around a bit - what do I do next?
A.Very important: First of all you should save your game and reload it . This is required so all scripts can initiate and start running properly. After this you can do whatever you like - it's a sandbox game.

Q3. The gates seem broken - how do I open them?
A.Just wait - they will gradually open up as the various races allow newcomers into recently-discovered sectors.

Q4. How long before all the universe is open?
A.Depends on the settings (and is probably somewhat random as well), but probably something over a week of ingame time.

Q5. I hate the expansion system, how do i skip the expansion?
A.You can force the expansion via cheat. Open the ingame script editor, search for "plugin.XTC.Lib.SetExpansionStage", highlight it and hit "r" once, choose "null", and when asked for the stage - enter 8
When you do it you should be in a sector that is fully connected, just to be sure.

Q6. It's too hard (or too easy) - how do I change the difficulty?
A.In order to change the difficulty of the game you must first assign a hotkey to either the "Ship Computer Interface" or "XTC Configuration Menu". The difficulty settings can be changed by accessing the configuration menu directly or going through the ship computer interface. Once you are in the configuration menu select the "Change Difficulty" option, from there you can select the presets easy/normal/hard or customize the difficulty yourself. Please note that certain changes to the difficulty of your game are not immediate and might take a little bit to take effect.
(credit to code99)

Q7. How do I get the repair laser back?
A.Change the difficulty settings - "easy" should bring it back. Need to save and reload to take effect.

Q8. How do I improve my Reputation with certain races?
A.Several ways, the best will depend on your circumstances:
Trading (lots of small trades tends to work better than fewer and larger ones)
Missions (taking jobs offered by members of certain races)
Killing enemies of that race, in their sectors - but check that they are enemies - e.g. Teladi don't regard Pirates as enemies.

Q9. How do I claim large ships (M6 and upwards)?
A. You need some additional equipment in your ship - namely Salvage Claim Software. And in answer to the supplementary question ("Where do I get it?"):
At Teladi Equipment Docks, or Military Outposts, at Pirate Bases in outlying Pirate-controlled sectors, and possibly at Pirate Bases hidden away in distant corners of normal race-controlled sectors.

Q10. Which mods/scripts are compatible?
A. Officially none - in particular the official Egosoft Bonus Pack in incompatible.
There is a thread discussing compatibility on the Egosoft Forums here (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=331351), and a similar one by Joelnh in the Scripts and Mods Subforum here (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/234 ... sting-List).
There are a few scattered discussions on the forums here - for example Lucike's Scripts (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/232 ... n-Conflict) and Mars (currently two competing threads in the user created scripts subforum here (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/233 ... -with-v2-0) and here (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/233 ... Mars-Tfile)).

Q11. Is it savegame-compatible with Terran Conflict?
A. No

Q12. How do I make money?
A.Many ways - the choice is yours.
Scavenging is probably a good start - picking up (and selling) leftovers from battles (ships/weapons/shields/cargoes)
Later you might like to try trading, or manufacturing (set up your own factories), or combat, or looking for lucrative jobs offered by stations.
See the thread here (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/23608-Making-Money) for an expansion of this topic.

Q13. Where is the manual?
A. Manual for XTC 2.1 and later versions here (http://downloads.thexuniverse.us/X-Tend ... l_V2-1.pdf).

Q14. Can I play conventional Terran Conflict in the same installation?
A. No. You would need a completely separate installation (you can just copy the folder) Beware that the savegames from the two different games finish up in the same place, and are liable to overwrite each other.

Q15. Is it available in my language?
A. Currently only if your language is English (or a close approximation such as American or Australian). If you have a game install in another language, you can change the language by modifying the file lang.dat (edit the number in it to 44).

Q16. How do I control my shipyard (or Player HQ)?
A. Shipyard Control Centre, from Ship Computer Interface (which needs to have a hotkey set)

Q17. I am having problems with shields - what can I do to solve them?
A.There are four currently known sets of problems:
  1. Picking up a shield recharges your ship's shields completely - a major combat exploit. Unfortunately a bug in the game engine, with no solution available.
  2. Jumping recharges your ship's shields entirely (though only if you are in it at the time) - another major combat exploit. Status unclear, no fix currently known.
  3. Changing shields - replacing them with ones of higher capacity sometimes leaves the maximum charge unchanged, and the new shields only partly charged. Workaround is to switch ALL equippable shields out of that ship, then switch back in the ones you want to use.
  4. Whilst ships usually auto-install the "best" shields, sometimes they make wrong choices. Workaround is similar to 3 - remove all shields, then put back just the ones you want (would probably also work to just remove the ones you don't want, forcing the ship to switch to what is left).
Q18. How do the small/large sizes of shields compare with the old MJ sizes?
A.Basic shields are as follows:
  • Tiny = 1MJ
  • Small = 5MJ
  • Medium = 25MJ
  • Large = 125MJ
  • Huge = 500MJ
  • Colossal = 1500MJ
Other variants may be somewhat different. Look for the statistics spreadsheet for more information

Q19. What is the difference between the various shield types (not sizes)?
A.Three things generally differ from the base model - capacity, recharge rate, and price. Generally higher price indicates better shields - but make sure the better features match your requirements. Military models are significantly better than civilian models - which is reflected in much higher prices.

Q20. Shield (and weapon) factories have changed - how do you set them up now?
A.Instead of buying a dedicated factory for a specific shield or weapon, you now buy a generic factory, then buy a licence to produce the particular weapon you want. For a license to be purchaseable there are two conditions: 1] you need to find a factory that produces the item in the universe (this simulates that you have to get the plans from another factory) 2] you need sufficient reputation to buy/trade with said item. If both conditions are met you can purchase the license. Before that, the only known way to produce such items is to clone them in a Faunus.
Beware - leaving a shield or weapon factory unconfigured has been known to cause crashes.
You can change factory products again if you want to, unless they are connected to a complex. For more details check out the manual (it works like in v1.2, you can use the old manual for the meantime).

Q21. How do I use an M8 ("bomber") remotely?
A. Set Turrets to attack enemies, set missile firechance to 100%. That will do. There's no control over what to fire at unfortunately. If you tell it to attack something it will fire faster.
You can order fire missions via the Typhon Missile Software that is available from Paranids and a few Military outposts of other races. How to use it like this will be covered in the updated manual.
Short version: Install it on your ship and the M8. Select the M8 as your target (IS), push the hotkey. Follow the instructions. When you see a subtitle displaying data, press hotkey again if everything is green to execute the fire mission.
(credit to KJ)

Q22. I cannot find Trading Software Mk3 for Sector Trader or Universe Trader, but where is it?
A.The software can be found at certain Teladi stations, like Military Outposts.
(credit to CubemonkeyNYC)

Q23. How do I start the various Plots in the game?
A. In general, explore, make friends with various races/factions, and keep eyes and ears open.
Some specific starting conditions can be found, suitably spoiler-tagged, in this thread (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/231 ... s-spoilers).

Q24. I am stuck in one of the Plots - what do I do next?
A. There are walkthroughs (some unfinished) as follows:
Pirate Plot "X marks the Spot" here (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/233 ... -Progress)).
Leviathan Plot here (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/232 ... -Progress)).
Enemy at the Gate here (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/232 ... e-spoilers).
Also check the Technical Support Forum - there appear to be widely encountered problems with some of the plots (in particular "Divine Retribution" here (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/231 ... s-spoilers)).
If these don't solve your problem, post your questions in the Forum - using Spoiler tags as necessary to hide the information that would spoil the fun for other readers if they want to solve the problem for themselves (after reading the stickied rules for that forum, if you choose to post in the Technical Support Forum).

Q25. Are there official spreadsheets for Weapons, Missiles, Shields and Ships?
A. Yes, available here (http://downloads.thexuniverse.us/X-Tend ... istics.zip)

Q26. Boarding with Transporter - is it broken?
A. The boarding transporter teleports marines after ejection via the usual boarding commands, to the target's hull - so it skips the frustrating "space walking" part of the manual boarding procedure. After arriving at the hull the marines then have to cut the hull (and you have to keep the shields down) like in any boarding operation without boarding transporter. You need to be withing 2km of the target for the boarding transporter to work. You need transporter software AND the bording transporter extension installed to use it. Only M6 and TP ships can "space walk" board - like in vanilla, boarding transporter doesnt change that.
Space walk boarding operations can be a bit glitchy unfortunately (when you are too close to a very large ship, the marines will pop out far away and scattered - this is a vanilla thing).
There is a thread here (TXU archive)

Q27. How can I specify the type of ammo generated?
A. It is specified in the resupply settings for the ship.
(credit to thrandisher)

Q28. How do I produce weapons/missiles in the Faunus?
A. You need 1 of the type of weapon/missile you wish to produce. Go to - command console/additional commands/production, you will only be given production info for weapons you have already produced and therefore have the blueprints for or for any weapons/missiles in the cargo bay.
Check the screen carefully and make sure it is not going to produce IRE's (these are placeholder production item), to make sure it does not produce IRE change the food type and then change back to the food type you want to use.
The Faunus is unable to produce some weapons (Delta Kyons, Nova Cannons etc) as the production run insists on producing 10 at a time and the Faunus does not have the cargo bay required to produce these 10 at a time.
The Faunus can produce all missiles as the resource requirements are not as large as the capital ship weapons.
When cancelling a production run on any factory ship its important to let the current run complete, to cancel properly go to production, then select stop production but let the run finish or it will eat all resources in the cargo bay.
(credit to insolent1)

Update (credit to King of the World):
It is possible to produce smaller batches of weapons - e.g. the requirements for two Nova Cannons are:
- Cloth Rimes (2x): 1612
- Ore (8x): 1612
- EC (1x): 9672
and production takes about 5 and a half hours.

Q29. How can I repair ships?
A. Numerous ways - choose which one suits your circumstances:
Shipyard - instant but expensive
Teladi repair service (advertised via GNS) - even more expensive, but available anywhere
Auto repair (capital ships, R6 via Ship Computer Interface) - slow but fairly cheap.
Auto repair (fighters on own carrier, R6 via Ship Computer Interface) - as above.
Own shipyard - uses components, fast, but minimum cost may be excessive for small ships.
Personal repair laser (in your spacesuit) - only if you play on easy difficulty. Free but slow on large ships.
Ship-mounted repair lasers (probably mythical, but might be found on second-hand ships around corvette size) - more powerful version of personal repair laser.

Q30. What are Missile Platforms, where is their encyclopedia entry?
A. The Missile platform entry in the encyclopedia is under neutral ships - m7.
There is a variety of differences between each races type and a nice little writeup about them and how to position them (I've been able to position them without the tractor beam using the "jump and fly to position" command).
They are basically static m7m's, with stronger shields and some fighter defences. They can dock a TS to bring in missiles although you might be better off with a missile generator.
You can set emergency jump which should help keep them alive. Used in conjunction with lasertowers they can provide a formidable sector defence.
(credit to insolent1)

Q31. What do dragon eggs do ?
A. Nothing.
(credit to Crellion22)

Q32. 'Deliver fighter' missions appear to be broken?
A.Yes, unfortunately - which may break the "Split Loyalties" Plot. Patch awaited.
Three different problems, discussed in this thread (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/231 ... ission-Bug) - which includes a temporary patch from Tritous in post number 37 :
  • Mission requires you to deliver an M3 to a drone carrier, which can't receive it.
  • Some ships (typically 3) remain "docked but invisible" at the shipyard, refusing to travel to your carrier.
  • Ships won't launch from shipyard - probably solvable if you go Out Of Sector while ships travel to your carrier.

Q33. How do I dock "very large" ships?
A. For the largest ships added in XTC (TL+ mobile factories and M2+ "battleships") there is no "dock at ..." entry in the Navigation Menu. They are too large to dock safely in Shipyards.
You can still dock them, but beware that they could collide with the Station. If you really want to dock the ship:
1) Fly and dock the ship manually (a docking computer is advised)
2) Command the ship to follow another ship which is docking (probably works best OOS where collision avoidance is switched off).
Docking and Undocking OOS is highly recommended as you they can't receive damage due to collision then.

Q34. Why can't I link Terran mines into a complex?
A. Unfortunately this is a "feature" of the vanilla Terran Conflict game, apparently hardcoded into the game engine. Best to buy your mines from other races.

Q35. My money is sucked dry, what happened?
A.If you claim a bailed capitalship (M6 or larger), or board one, make sure you check the auto-repair option in the "R6 console" (see manual). Some ships still have it set to "on" and repair automatically, by using your credits. If you have a dronecarrier M7 check out if it has a drone build-order. It builds drones up to it's set number and always replaces losses automatically, drones cost money (~540k Credits / drone).
[ external image ]

tigersebel
x3tc

Post by tigersebel » Sun, 27. Oct 19, 15:58

Hello. it's the first time i play the XTC mod that i installed on Albion Prelude. But i think i have a bug where my Terran reputation will instantly drops to Renegade or Revolutionary once it hits a certain threshold (i think it's somewhere at warrior of IO cause i haven't gotten further than this). Is there something i can do to fix this?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 20:11

Could you provide the text to the sound wav files?

Folder "S"

If it is possible. I want to make a translation, but I can’t make it out by ear. Need text for each file. (((

Thank you.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 23:18

MEFOS? CODEO? Mars? working with this mod?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”