X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Killjaeden
x3tc

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 20:52

I wouldnt mind ( you can also upload cosy universe i you like to) - dont forget to drop a link to txu (lots of info there) and this forum thread ;)
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Axeface
x4

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by Axeface » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 02:59

Killjaeden wrote:
Mon, 21. Jan 19, 20:52
I wouldnt mind ( you can also upload cosy universe i you like to) - dont forget to drop a link to txu (lots of info there) and this forum thread ;)
Thanks, my only worry about the upload is the turret fix as it requires us to delete files. Gonna try to figure out whether theres a way for me to make it stick for people installing.

Noobcybot

Post by Noobcybot » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 14:02

Thanks for this x-tended version it's amazing!

However i try to built a little complexe with a couple of stations in boron sectors, and i try to link them with a kit of construction, however the task is very hard and it never links the 2 stations.

Please any help this?

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 09:58

Several explanations possible:
- The stations are not placed within an appropriate distance (i.e. <~30 km)
- You try to connect stations that cannot be integrated in Complexes such as Shipyards, EQ Docks or Trading stations
- Some variants of Terran stations don't fit into Complexes (iirc SPP)

I have built massive, sector-wide mixed complexes (Teladi Mines, Argon SPP, Boron Food Chain) in XTC and they work properly. So I am pretty sure that the cause for your problems is not the Mod itself ;)

Noobcybot

Post by Noobcybot » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 17:54

Thank you Zazie for the explanation :)

In fact I tried to connect 2 teladianium stations with same teladi construction kit that I bought in teladi shipyard.

The problem was, I placed the stations in a boron sector, but when I chose the kit to connect them, the both stations don't appear, and there's no stations to could choose them for connection. I don't know why.

Anyway I'm trying again.

Thanks a lot

Noobcybot

Post by Noobcybot » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 13:46

In fact the stations are close enough together.

the stations show up on the map when i try to deploy the kit, but not on the list of available stations for connections.

Perhaps a bug? any patch please to reinstall?

Thanks

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 14:57

Is the fresh version at Nexus ?

Noobcybot

Post by Noobcybot » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 17:07

yes the 3.4 version of 2017

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 18:19

I can`t find it. :?
Even with google.
Please , help an old man and show me that link!

Noobcybot

Post by Noobcybot » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 13:29

Sorry for the confusion, the X3 is 3.4 version but the x-tended is 1.2 version.

I will try to add the 2.2 patch

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 20:53

Ive uploaded the mod with combined patches/hotfixes to the Nexus, available here https://www.nexusmods.com/x3terranconflict/mods/106
Would appreciate anyone that tests the download. Especially regarding the turret fix. I applied the fix but I dont think it will work fully without fully following the instructions on each install?

Im also going to try to get the nexus to add AP as a seperate game, kinda strange to have AP files mixed with TC.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 05:04

No probs. If anyone wants to be credited for a specific thing like the hotfixes and patches (theres quite a few of them and im not sure who did what) please let me know via pm and i'll add them.

Regarding the 'turret bug'.
Could it be as simple as a spelling mistake with the script files?
There are 2 scripts that I noticed are spelled incorrectly, "!turret.killcaptials.adv.pck" and "!turret.killcaptials.std.pck". Shouldnt that be 'killcapitals'?

Noobcybot

Post by Noobcybot » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 15:55

Dear Friends,

I have the same problems with the kit construction complex!

In fact, when i try to deploy the kit, there's no stations to choose, also, when the hangar is deployed, there's no tubes between the hangar and the stations.

I bought 2 xxl solar stations from teladi, and i tried to connect them in the 900% teladi sector. However the same problem persists.

Please any help in this?

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Tue, 21. May 19, 12:34

Axeface wrote:
Sun, 10. Feb 19, 20:53
Would appreciate anyone that tests the download. Especially regarding the turret fix.
So far (@6-14) everything, (with the exception of the issues I posted previously against the TC version) is working nicely. Turrets included. :) Thanks for the upload, it saved me considerable time.

Since you mention that you were/are a team member, perhaps you could answer a couple quick questions?

*) Do you know if the two problems mentioned by dizzy here - readtext errors in old saves (may be related to the problem I reported with "defend sector" missions) and boarding abandoned ships tanking "Neutral Race" reputation - were ever solved?
Ed. "Neutral Race" problem is still a thing, not sure about the other.
*) Are the "Secret Service" ships involved in the paranid plot supposed to be red and belong to the ATF? It seems pretty strange that they would be, but there they are tanking my (positive) terran rep... Friend-foe updates in general do seem a little flaky.

On a semi-related note, the paranid & argon plots have asked me to dock at stations that I don't have docking clearance for - Is this intended?

Noobcybot wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 15:55
In fact, when i try to deploy the kit, there's no stations to choose, also, when the hangar is deployed, there's no tubes between the hangar and the stations.

I bought 2 xxl solar stations from teladi, and i tried to connect them in the 900% teladi sector. However the same problem persists.
It doesn't help you, but for an additional data-point complex construction is working just fine for me. The new XXL stations too.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 21. May 19, 16:17

steve_v wrote:
Tue, 21. May 19, 12:34
Axeface wrote:
Sun, 10. Feb 19, 20:53
Would appreciate anyone that tests the download. Especially regarding the turret fix.
So far (@6-14) everything, (with the exception of the issues I posted previously against the TC version) is working nicely. Turrets included. :) Thanks for the upload, it saved me considerable time.

Since you mention that you were/are a team member, perhaps you could answer a couple quick questions?

*) Do you know if the two problems mentioned by dizzy here - readtext errors in old saves (may be related to the problem I reported with "defend sector" missions) and boarding abandoned ships tanking "Neutral Race" reputation - were ever solved?
Ed. "Neutral Race" problem is still a thing, not sure about the other.
*) Are the "Secret Service" ships involved in the paranid plot supposed to be red and belong to the ATF? It seems pretty strange that they would be, but there they are tanking my (positive) terran rep... Friend-foe updates in general do seem a little flaky.

On a semi-related note, the paranid & argon plots have asked me to dock at stations that I don't have docking clearance for - Is this intended?

Noobcybot wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 15:55

It doesn't help you, but for an additional data-point complex construction is working just fine for me. The new XXL stations too.
Thanks, im glad the download helped someone and thanks for the clarification about turrets, that one had me worried.
As for your problem, I was/ just a lowly modeller, everything else I have no knowledge about im afraid sorry (wish I did, I think the mod can be packaged much more neatly but im really not sure how the file structure works).
Im playing the mod currently too, if I see any of the bugs you mention i'll post here.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Wed, 22. May 19, 08:04

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 21. May 19, 16:17
I was/ just a lowly modeller
Dunno about lowly, some of those models look pretty sweet. :P
Axeface wrote:
Tue, 21. May 19, 16:17
Im playing the mod currently too, if I see any of the bugs you mention i'll post here.
Cool. Even if they can't be fixed, a confirmation/not will still be useful in compiling a frustration-reducing "known issues" list.

I was going to have a crack at a quick & dirty AL plugin workaround for keeping "Neutral Race" neutral, but I'm having a little dead-link trouble finding scripting tutorials/information... and more than a little horror upon realising that scripts are written in *shudder* MSCI.
A working link to the file mentioned here would be very handy, if anyone managed to grab it before it vanished.

I know thie game is old now, but the amount of bitrot on this forum and the number of forever-lost or never-finished mods is pretty depressing.
Anything hosted at thexuniverse.com is particularly troublesome, as that site's registration form has been broken for years. I'd be interested in obtaining the "hotfix" listed here as well - I'm finding the boarding transporter to be rather hit-and-miss and I suspect tracking the changes to that script would be useful in figuring out why.

I don't suppose XTC is under some kind of version-control or has a central repository like a sensible project? Too much to hope for? Tracking down patches and random code-snippets on half-dead forums is infuriating.

Sorry for the lengthy rant, I love this mod and I'd really like to try sorting out some of the issues that I have encountered... Learning a new language I can probably do, but I'm kinda screwed if I can't get the documentation or source-files I need.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 25. May 19, 15:53

steve_v wrote:
Wed, 22. May 19, 08:04
A working link to the file mentioned here would be very handy, if anyone managed to grab it before it vanished.
Grabbed, uploaded to xdownloads and download link added to opening post of linked thread.
The MSCI handbook also has a section about AL Plugins.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 26. May 19, 08:41

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 25. May 19, 15:53
Grabbed, uploaded to xdownloads and download link added to opening post of linked thread.
Dude, you're awesome. :mrgreen:

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Sun, 26. May 19, 10:28

I'm still finding Khaak beam weapons to be a single-digit-FPS slideshow. :(
For anyone with the same problem, converting all the beams to standard projectiles with X3 Customizer works nicely. Prebaked for the lazy, YMMV.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”