X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Tue, 26. Sep 17, 15:13

You can create the maps folder and put them in there, if you are using the AP version you should have a maps folder already iirc

Is there any way to encourage the Xenon to launch invasions?
I have them in sector 1716 and 611(plot protection is off) but they never send real invasions just the odd R, that takes out a few stations and then gets overwhelmed, I took out the station in 1716 but a new one respawned there and still nothing
I have the Kha'ak in the unchartered sector south of glow of faith and they make regular invasions

Subtra
xr

Post by Subtra » Tue, 26. Sep 17, 16:10

Hey guys wanted to thank you for all the hard work on the X-tended mod and to post some annoying problems (annoying for me, i need the money) Some Weapons arent sellable at the Equipment Dock, Rockets included. Counting them now what i cant sell :

Alpha Kyon Emitter
Ion Pulse Emitter
Mosquito Missile
Photon Maser Cannon
Wasp Missile
Bolt Railgun

I dont know which weapons else cant be selled, but i hope you can hotfix it, just look over the file if guys forgot to make them sellable.

I wish you guys a good day.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Wed, 27. Sep 17, 12:48

You can sell all of those listed except the alpha kyons, I also presume the ion pulse emitter is really ion pulse generator.

You have to sell race weapons to the race that owns them eq docks
ion pulse generator - boron
photon maser cannon - argon
bolt railgun - teladi and pirates

The missiles you can sell to any commonwealth eq dock, the only missiles you won't be able to sell are kha'ak and xenon
You can always load them onto a ship and sell the ship, iirc you only get lowest price doing it this way.

You can use the ingame encyclopedia to find where to sell the weapons

Subtra
xr

Post by Subtra » Wed, 27. Sep 17, 18:09

Wish they would include such informations in the Readme, but thanks anyway that helps out greatly, now i just need to map out the Sectors, but it will take Time cause i only began to play again ^^.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Thu, 28. Sep 17, 01:28

Subtra, this stuff is written down in the manual.

You can disable the AL Plugin "Equip trade" - this thing causes some wares (esp. base weapons and shields) to always to be available in some quantity and always allows you to sell as many as you want. However, it will not accept wares it does not stock. You can still dump your excess wares that nobody wants inside a ship and sell the ship... also gets you some of the money.

About the smaller sector installation - just extract the zip into your X3 directory. It creates the folders and automatically uses the extracted files over the ones that are packed inside .cat files.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 28. Sep 17, 21:31

Killjaeden wrote: About the smaller sector installation - just extract the zip into your X3 directory. It creates the folders and automatically uses the extracted files over the ones that are packed inside .cat files.
Works :)

Have you reduced gate distance for each sector individually or there is one mathematic rule for all sectors when it comes to reducing the size?

Just started a new game because all saves with foundations of my future empire in XTC were lost during swap to a new pc.
Yeah travel time is shorter which I appreciate, especially when in XTC ships are relatively slow when compared to ones for other mods like XRM.
Sectors are large but not vast. Vast ones were fun for some time but after doing some trade routines it was becoming a tedious task.
At the moment can't say much about how the change is impacting the economy.

Speaking of modifications what I'd like to see for XTC is an addon that replaces jumpgates with trans-obrital accelerators and add jumpdrive beacons only in some important areas like core sectors and major intersections.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 21:27

Anyone knows if illegal fabs can be placed in the respective races core sectors safely ?

I'm looking at Atropos 2, to build a small spaceweed complex, will it be Ok or Teladi patrols will shoot it to pieces?
Magnate
Ace 1st Grade
142 ships
68 stations

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 09:12

As your first question asks in general, the answer is: No, they cannot be placed safely in race core sectors.

For your second question: Spaceweed complex in Atropos 2 is fine :)

Explanation: Spaceweed in Teladi Sectors is accepted [by Teladi] as trading commodity and as product for fabrication. This is THE exception.

Other 'illegal fabs' will be attacked in Core Sectors by sector patrols or similar race forces aswell as traders transporting those wares if they are 'caught' by border control, police forces or military ships.
As far as I know the Argon will attack Spacefuel Production Facilities even in their Border Sectors, but only if they are Player-owned (they do not attack their own Spacefuel Fabs, of course).

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Sat, 7. Oct 17, 13:48

More questions.

1. Manual download link is dead, where can I get a hold on the manual, perhaps some of these questions are answered there.

2. Under Artificial Life seem to me many plugins, some turned on some not, what does each one do ?

3. Is there any way to enable autojump to safety feature (based on shield or hull %) for any other vessels besides M6 and up? Is not available for any TS nor TP class ships.

4. Is there a way to whitelist/blacklist sectors for your UT's? Perhaps buried somewhere in AI settings I don;t know what they do?

5. Is there a way to reserve e-cells for a ship when using command "sell ware for best price: e-cells" out of your SPP fab ? Although my dumb seller leaves full of e-cells and I enabled him to refill e-cells for 40 jumps, he sells everything to a clients and huffs it back at impulse instead of jumping. UT's don't seem to have this issue.
Magnate
Ace 1st Grade
142 ships
68 stations

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Sat, 7. Oct 17, 15:25

manniac wrote:More questions.

1. Manual download link is dead, where can I get a hold on the manual, perhaps some of these questions are answered there. There is a working Download in the OT of this thread, takte the link by X2-Illuminatus

2. Under Artificial Life seem to me many plugins, some turned on some not, what does each one do ? => Manual

3. Is there any way to enable autojump to safety feature (based on shield or hull %) for any other vessels besides M6 and up? Is not available for any TS nor TP class ships. IIRC you can activate this in the Options-Menu of the Mod; it will work for ALL ships. But this is not a "save-escape-from-attacks-feature!

4. Is there a way to whitelist/blacklist sectors for your UT's? Perhaps buried somewhere in AI settings I don;t know what they do? No

5. Is there a way to reserve e-cells for a ship when using command "sell ware for best price: e-cells" out of your SPP fab ? Although my dumb seller leaves full of e-cells and I enabled him to refill e-cells for 40 jumps, he sells everything to a clients and huffs it back at impulse instead of jumping. UT's don't seem to have this issue.No
Problems in Q 4&5 were solved by using Lucike's Scripts for EST and CAG . But officially they are not compatible with XTC; it is possible to make run both though, if you find the approriate files. Recommandations:
1. Make a copy of your working XTC-installation before adding additional scripts
2. Start your search here and get the newest version of the scripts at www.xuniversum.info

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Sat, 7. Oct 17, 16:28

Thanks for answers Zazie.

Found the manual and downloaded it, reading as we speak.
In regards to question 3, I can't find this options-menu for the mod. I found where you manage this behavior for ships like M6, M7, etc, but TS and armed TS are not included there, they do not get a mission to jump away when damaged.
Magnate
Ace 1st Grade
142 ships
68 stations

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Sun, 8. Oct 17, 18:43

Lots of the (incredible) XTC-options are 'hidden' in
ESC > Gameplay > Artificial Life Settings.
The option I mentionned at Q3 is called XTC [Option]: Safe Jumps.
You can activate [on] or deactivate it [off]. When activated, all ships will jump into a sector and make a fast, sharp turn straight upwards. If activated you will never again crash into an NPC M2 at a gate.

There is an another feature for Emergency Jumping in XTC: ESC > Controls > Interface > Emergency Jump.
When activated (by assigning a Hotkey) the Playership (= the ship the player actually is flying) can proceed an insta-jump. Normally this will damage the ship seriously, but it can save your "life" when the enemies are too strong. I would strongly advise to use the feature when playing a DiD-game ;-)

In XTC, there is no feature to allow Freighters to jump away when attacked. But still you can have it! Use a very old 'trick':

Standard Vanilla Universe Traders Mk3 with a Level-12-Pilot (or higher) defend themselves when attacked. They drop drones and get the needed time to jump away from the attack. This works fine in more than 9 of 10 attacks. Freighters better run away than fighting, obviously.
Your Freighter will be able to act accordingly i.e. your ship will use the Trade Command Software Mk3-feature to drop drones and to jump away from the attack when a High-Level-Universe Trader-Pilot flies your ship for a short time. The feature will be working even after this pilot has left your freighter and the ship is running under your direct command again!
To 'learn' it is enough to place the High-Level-Pilot for a few moments on your freighter (and sending the pilot back to his Mk3-UT-ship afterwards).

As we are playing a Single-Player-Game it's up to you if you consider this as cheating or not :)

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Sun, 8. Oct 17, 19:45

Thanks for clarification Zazie :)

I forgot the mk3 trader extension has that autojump feature. Finally today some of my UT's got attacked and they are jumping automatically out of danger zone - they got out with 30% shields.

Most of my UT's have lvl 12 and drones on board when starting to UT, so I should be relatively safe.

My 1st 10 UT's are caiman haulers, 99m/s top speed, next batch of 20 I plan to buy regular Caimans for 124 m/s, that way they can out run all M7 and most M6's. We'll see how efficient they are, mk3 trader is a bit unoptimized, very rarely I see a hauler fully loaded up, most of times they seem to carry no more than 2000 - 3000 cargo.

Can someone please suggest what's a good M7 to start with? The assault kind, not missile, I'm more of a knife fight guy :).

Got raped by a pirate Tepukei and 3 centaurs vs my Dragon, Vanguard and Chimera, so is time for more firepower.
Magnate
Ace 1st Grade
142 ships
68 stations

adb0899
x3ap

Post by adb0899 » Thu, 26. Oct 17, 20:07

does any1 know why i can only buy marines at marine training barracks but the encyclopedia says i can buy them at military stations.

adb0899
x3ap

Post by adb0899 » Sun, 29. Oct 17, 00:38

I have a question about the leviathan plot.
Spoiler
Show

I'm doing the patrol mission and i've been patrolling sonora for over an hour. nothing is spawning. is it bugged? is there anything i can do to fix it?
I also own a station in the sector, an ore mine. does that by chance mess with stuff?

is there a way to force the mission to auto complete. cause this is frustrating.

I've noticed that under the mods "Mission Logbook" the last entry is the Strange events and it's green, which means it's completed. the top states that yellow items are active missions, however, there is nothing about patrolling as an active mission, does the mod not recognize that the mission is active? is the ingame mission log, it states to patrol Sonora.

I hope this added info helps.
the mods i use are (i also suspect that these might be the issue)

Cheat collection Package
FDNL
Improved Boarding
Marine Repair and training
Station Packer
Universe Explaore
Wing Hotkeys
APlibraries
Community plugin configuration
Hotkey Manager
Waremanager
Dockwaremanager_X#TC_v3108

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 08:49

I just tried to download both XTC:AP and XTC 2.2 (starting with 2.0 and then the patch) mod from scratch but the downloads are missing! I get redirected to a 404 error page. Where's the working downloads?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 09:07

Quoting the relevant part from the opening post:
Aragon Speed wrote:Working Downloads

Download from mega, as provided from froger: Link

Download from Onedrive, as provided by Informer: Link

Download from mediafire.com, as provided by X2-Illuminatus: Link
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 09:22

I guess I overlooked that. Thanks.

Now I'm downloading 2.0 and 2.2 patch and am also downloading the hotfix and AP version. Any other additional fixes to download for XTC:AP?

Edit: I've tried to install the music hotfix, but some reason I can't download it at all.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 19:06

Sorkvild wrote:
Killjaeden wrote: About the smaller sector installation - just extract the zip into your X3 directory. It creates the folders and automatically uses the extracted files over the ones that are packed inside .cat files.
Works :)

Have you reduced gate distance for each sector individually or there is one mathematic rule for all sectors when it comes to reducing the size?

Just started a new game because all saves with foundations of my future empire in XTC were lost during swap to a new pc.
Yeah travel time is shorter which I appreciate, especially when in XTC ships are relatively slow when compared to ones for other mods like XRM.
Sectors are large but not vast. Vast ones were fun for some time but after doing some trade routines it was becoming a tedious task.

At the moment can't say much about how the change is impacting the economy..
Totally missed your question, so for the record: All sectors where overhauled manually (there is a tool to universally reduce scale in a chosen sector, but i always hand-adjusted where necessary).
Edit: I've tried to install the music hotfix, but some reason I can't download it at all.
There was a POSY (player shipyard) fix and an aldrin reputation fix at some point. I don't remember if they where included in the hotfix files or if they came after that. If you prefer slightly smaller sectors (closer to vanilla) then check some posts back for my post.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 22:26

I guys,i try to play as teladi,cormorant is a light carrier,but only can dock m5,m4,(34) do you think is possible kill an m2 with 30 m4??or how can change yhangar size for can dock m3

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”