[MOD - UI AP/TC] Gold HUD v1 2016 - 11/05/16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 18:25

New version 2.0 released for both AP and TC.

Details in the first post

Hope you like it :D
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 18:40

TrixX went to bed; so heres a temp screenshot until he wakes up tomorrow and posts more :D

(Click for full size image)
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

m00nch1ld
x3ap

Post by m00nch1ld » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 22:42

w0000t..... downloading/installing now. :thumb_up:

Thank you very mucho muchacho! :D

m00nch1ld
x3ap

Post by m00nch1ld » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 22:53

Perfect!. Thx for raising contrast between elements, it's even better :o :D :D :D

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 06:22

Glad the experiment worked ;)
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

m00nch1ld
x3ap

Post by m00nch1ld » Wed, 28. Mar 12, 20:26

It did... ty very much.

And if I'm not taking to much of your time, i want to ask you something.

I'm very new to the Xgames (I've got x3tc just before the release of the superbox) and after and bad (aka this game as a too steep learning curve)
and finally got hooked and can't stop playing. I've started to look at scripts or mod that would enhance my fun and found THE most helping/brilliant/skillful modding community I've EVER seen. Hell I got 3 X3 installed 1 vanilla, one that i called my 'own taste' experience with lots of mod/scripts (yours included) and one XTC 1.2a because I just can't passed that!

I'm must had spent a lots of hours reading all threads related to the Mod/scripts library. Reading even the threads of mods/scripts i wont use just for the sake of it. I'm not a modder myself but i DO understand the time and effort that people like you put on their works.

then i found this thread
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=295419

it hits me in the face; such a little recognition you guys get is pathetic!
now. I know I am only a little grain of sand in here, but that grain of sand want to say a much deserved thanks to you and you fellow modders and i want it to be viewed by as much people as possible. I was tempting to write to each of you but i want the normal little users to also have a chance to say thanks in their own way. (most of them download the thing and since it works just fine don't even bother to write a comment). you know something that would say post your thanks/appreciation/encouragements HERE!! with maby a list of the mod/scripts they use.

(don't worry I'm almost done :roll: )

my question is: Where do i put this new thread?. if it's hosted on the modding forum, people playing vanilla won't know what they are missing. but i fear that if i post on the X-univers, it will get moved here. what should i do?

thx for taking the time to read it and again :thumb_up: your Gold UI mod makes my X experience MUCH more pleasant.

and again, sorry for the bad english.
Xenon! BEWARE the hunter that see clearly :twisted: :fg:

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Thu, 29. Mar 12, 07:26

Thanks for the kind words of support for the modding community. If you posted an overall thanks thread it would probably end up back in here, so may as well do so here. Though Off Topic might be a home for it too.

Its a nice idea as I wager only about 10-20% actually post about the mods they use and most of them are regarding bugs. However if we did it for all the recognition then I still think that's the wrong way to go. If you want the recognition then making a game and selling it would be a better start :D

Also for your thread you could always PM a mod (Gazz, LV...) and ask where it would be appropriate to post such a thread :)
Sir Ken Robinson

m00nch1ld
x3ap

Post by m00nch1ld » Thu, 29. Mar 12, 20:36

thx for the quick reply. I think i'll do it in the modding forum since it seems more appropriate. and i wont post immediately so I'll get a chance to make correction so my very bad English wont show too much.

TY and have a nice day

natha
x4

Post by natha » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 23:34

I tried it yesterday, its very good. It is a little "glamorous" in my eyes, but already i get used to it. Great job. Thanks very much for your work.

And a question, which file contains the "icons"(stations, ships)? or its more complicated from this?

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 06:39

For the Gravidar? Well the game uses all ship class icons and the station icon for multiple areas. They are used in the Map screen, the Gravidar and the Selected Target/Current Ship areas for starters. This limits their size and the amount of detail that can be used on them.

They are in the gui_master.dds file if you want to take a look, but you'll need Photoshop or GIMP with the DDS plugin from nvidia to be able to read the files.

The Glamour is more for definition rather than to get in your face. A utilitarian UI has been done to death to varying degrees of quality and wasn't something that I was willing to rehash again :D
Sir Ken Robinson

natha
x4

Post by natha » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 09:57

Ohh, i didn't use the glamorous with the bad meaning (ya now, the kim kardashian, or what she called, way) more on the "shiny" meaning.
The GUI is excellent. The few things i would like to be different cannot change that.
I'll try to have a look, my indention is to have different icons for stations so one could tell what station is near by a map screen, quick view or gravidar alone. Witch i suspect is impossible, for my skills :D
May be is time to check what this Gimp is about. And its freeware tool, cool.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 10:06

Not possible with the current setup. I'm hoping to have that in X-Timelines, and if it's possible I'll try to backport it to AP/TC, but currently separate stations aren't defined anywhere, so there is only one station icon.
Sir Ken Robinson

natha
x4

Post by natha » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 14:19

Indeed. Now all seem clearer. after all an image may worth 1000 words, they say.
Mate, to edit all that little images (and make them look slick) seems worse that try to micromanage a 1000 ship fleet. respect. :)

Since i started tho, i'll try to use some of those filters and see how they look ingame (those image editors are quite a "playground", aren't they? i kinda like it :P )

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 14:32

I have some new missile and gun images as a work in progress at the moment. They'll be added after :)
Sir Ken Robinson

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Sun, 29. Apr 12, 21:06

Browsing around a bit, and ran across your link for this.. needs to be added to the community list... Definitely some great looking work here, except...

I have tried downloading from both the links, I get 500 and something kb zip files, but am unable to open them?..

Could you check this out?.. I'd really like to give it a go.. :D

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 30. Apr 12, 03:11

You'll need 7zip to unzip them. I tend to use that as it's better than Winzip or WinRAR for compression.

www.7zip.org

The actual downloads are about 523KB :)
Sir Ken Robinson

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Mon, 30. Apr 12, 03:36

I have been using Izarc for years, and it opens just about everything out there.. sort of the swiss-army knife... :roll:

Anyway, I will get 7z seperately.. maybe there is some new algorithim it is using or some such...

Dawned on me, after installing 7z, that the files have the *.zip extension, bet that is why Izarc choked. :roll:

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 30. Apr 12, 04:00

:lol: they should have the *.7z extension :?
Sir Ken Robinson

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Fri, 11. May 12, 11:50

@TrixX

Not sure if I've said this, but great UI mod - X3 just doesn't feel right for me without it.

Thanks much,
M.
| XRM | XSSP | IE | IEX | UI-Gold |

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 11. May 12, 13:27

Why thanks, always good to hear people like it :D
Sir Ken Robinson

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”