[MOD - UI AP/TC] Gold HUD v1 2016 - 11/05/16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 14:48

garrry34 wrote:what no cookie :(
Sorry Garry, TrixX is swamped with about 1000 other things he needs to do ... so it may take some time to update this. :wink:
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 15:13

I know, lol just confirming interest, I can wait anyways, my main rig is out until I get a new monitor and I'm stuck with my htpc, have you ever tried to play X£ in 1080p from the couch, its not so good...
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 17:11

Just confirming I am working on it however I have TONS going on. New business paperwork, legal crap as well as two UI's about 27+more new ships to add to XTL and a load of Icons Jack08 has been requesting since June...
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 18:46

don't forget my cup of tea on that list, you can make yourself one while you are in there lol, I can never work out if I'm working hard or hardly working...
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 15:55

Is this compatible with AP yet?

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 16:09

Almost, was updating it slightly too, unsure of release date though.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 13:32

Hi TrixX, you might remember me from the other thread.

I ve only had a chance to try your mod for 5 minutes but from what I ve seen, it looks very professional. I am impressed.

You have changed the chevrons in a way that seems to take care of my difficulty in seeing them in the vanilla game, which is odd considering that they are actually smaller in your version.

Regarding colour blind friendliness the only thing that I ve noticed that I find hard to see well is the hull status/bar, It s hard for me to see it, the shield bar seems to overwhelm it in my case.

I will take a closer look at your mod when I get time to play the game more, if you want me to I will post back with feedback from a colour challenged player perspective.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 13:37

More feedback would be fantastic. I am updating it at the moment so any feedback would be integrated into the next release :)
Sir Ken Robinson

m00nch1ld
x3ap

Post by m00nch1ld » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 14:17

the only feedback i can give you is, from my POV (I'm colorblind; there's only one color between Royal Blue - Forest green and sometimes i mistake Grey for cyan etc.) the Gold UI is what i was w8ing for a LONG time.

I'm no scripter/modder myself but it would be nice to make a more contrast version of your otherwise perfect mod. So :oops: to even ask for it

thx again... your mod do the 'Trixx' :lol:

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 15:00

Hopefully the updated version will have a bit more contrast and a bit more detail while remaining oddly Colourblind friendly (unintentional benefit!).
Sir Ken Robinson

m00nch1ld
x3ap

Post by m00nch1ld » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 15:30

sorry for my English (french Canadian here)

Colorblind people are not 'blind' to the same color.
Some can't see red, others green and brown, others can't see Any color at all (everything is shades of brown and reddish)

I'm what you called a 'lucky' colorblind. my eyes can't process blue as well as other colors. so if blue is part of a shade (cyan for example) it will always appears more green to me.
( It Took me years to understand that a clear 'blue' sky is not the same as rainy sky with brightness :o )
Take the Font Color bar on this post editor for instance. As soon as you exit the yellow until you hit the very blue is all but the same color to me.

So i don't expect to see a colorblind mod that will work for 100% of us. Unless you convert all the color in the game into shades of grey. (witch is nuts).

So the best you can do is trying to pick colors that are not to close to each other or adding contrast

So now you understand why i had so much problem with the Vanilla game ... everything is grey cyan lightblue etc.

UI mod like yours do the trick just fine!

thx again

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 15:40

It's all good. I initially made the mod as a development of the Red Hud mod, but wanted to do one that was Gold to match the forums here. The result is that Green was eliminated from the UI for the most part which is the main colour involved with colour blindness (in all its varieties except full colour blindness).

I didn't consider that as a major loss at the time as I was using a highly different scheme for a test. The good result is that there are very few Yellow-Red colour blind people in the world, making the obvious problem left being Red-Blue which hopfully the level of contrast should help with as the blue isn't as close to 255 as the Red making them show as different shades of grey.

It was only when pointed out to me by a colour blind user, that I checked on a colour wheel for colour blindness that I noticed it may indeed help colour blind players. Glad it helps you though :)
Sir Ken Robinson

m00nch1ld
x3ap

Post by m00nch1ld » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 16:44

Trixx, If i were you, i would advertise my mod as Colorblind Friendly UI.

CB people need to see that it is not only for good looking purpose.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 16:53

I will be doing that with the next release, I may do a CB version of the stock interface if Egosoft would be interested in it too.
Sir Ken Robinson

m00nch1ld
x3ap

Post by m00nch1ld » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 16:56

(PostPosted: Wed, 21. Mar 12, 10:53 Post subject:
I will be doing that with the next release, I may do a CB version of the stock interface if Egosoft would be interested in it too.)

it would make a GREAT Bonus pack option.... You got my vote! :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 18:25

New version 2.0 released for both AP and TC.

Details in the first post

Hope you like it :D
Sir Ken Robinson

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 18:40

TrixX went to bed; so heres a temp screenshot until he wakes up tomorrow and posts more :D

(Click for full size image)
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

m00nch1ld
x3ap

Post by m00nch1ld » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 22:42

w0000t..... downloading/installing now. :thumb_up:

Thank you very mucho muchacho! :D

m00nch1ld
x3ap

Post by m00nch1ld » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 22:53

Perfect!. Thx for raising contrast between elements, it's even better :o :D :D :D

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 06:22

Glad the experiment worked ;)
Sir Ken Robinson

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”