[DISCUSSION+REGISTRATION] - MSCI Reference

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 19. Apr 16, 23:05

it does work on [THIS] however the command essentially clears the script stack, so if you run it on this, then that script will essentially be canceled, so nothing that comes after will work.

And in TC you couldn't use it on [PLAYERSHIP] although that was fixed in AP

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 20. Apr 16, 09:38

Yep, sorry shanrak, I kind of forgot the "station" part of your question. Indeed, you cannot move a station. You need to destroy it and build another one. Two things to check when you do that : docked ships and station credits if it's owned by the player.

EDIT : and you should download X-Studio :)

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Thu, 21. Apr 16, 11:57

Joubarbe wrote:Yep, sorry shanrak, I kind of forgot the "station" part of your question. Indeed, you cannot move a station. You need to destroy it and build another one. Two things to check when you do that : docked ships and station credits if it's owned by the player.

EDIT : and you should download X-Studio :)
Do you have a link to a version?

The one in this thread seems to have died: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=301433

radistmorse

Wrong description for "read text from ... to ..."

Post by radistmorse » Fri, 9. Dec 16, 16:46

Sorry if I'm writing in the wrong place.

The description for the function "read text: page id=$i, from $j to $k to array" which can be found here

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=286539

is not accurate. The resulting array includes the line with the number $k (the "to ..." value) only if the "include empty =" is set to FALSE. Otherwise the last line is ignored. So short example:

Code: Select all

$test1 = read text: page id=1906, from 101 to 103 to array, include empty=[FALSE]
$test1 = size of array $test1

$test2 = read text: page id=1906, from 101 to 103 to array, include empty=[TRUE]
$test2 = size of array $test2

* Now $test1 == 3 and $test2 == 2
Correct the description please. I just spent 2 hours trying to find WTF is going on.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 9. Dec 16, 17:41

***Merged with MSCI Reference discussion thread***

Good find. While testing your findings, I noticed that the "include empty" option doesn't seem to do anything. Whether it is set to TRUE or FALSE, empty text ids will always be included. Therefore I feel what you found may be a bug with the command in general. I'll try to get an answer on that, before making changes to the command explanation in the MSCI Reference.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”