[DISCUSSION+REGISTRATION] - MSCI Reference

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 13:28

Out of curiosity, what happened to the discussion thread, in the MSCI forum it self?

Also I thought it might be useful to append to the inc/dec commands

Running the command on an enum type, result in converting the enum an integer, and then incrementing that.
e.g. $var = FLRET_DESTROYED, is the equivalent to 1, so incrementing this will result in $var = 2
Running the command on a non integer, or non integer related type, result in returning 0.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 16:04

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 22:11

Hmmm I guess that's it.. I just thought it had hundreds of posts in it before thou... I guess it's been reset (again again?)

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 22:44

Yes some clean-up was made prior to make the forum public. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar

mr.bear
x2

Can I have permission to use your articles please?

Post by mr.bear » Fri, 6. May 11, 20:17

I've written an IDE for X scripting and one of the features is displaying the description and usage of each command through tooltips. Since the forum is public I assume it's ok for me to steal all your existing command descriptions but I'd like to include a link in every tooltip to the relevant MSCI page, where those pages exist - I'm not sure who to ask, but may i use your articles please?

tia,
mr.bear
Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your bear...

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 7. May 11, 02:46

Given its public info and there to help users I'd say its ok if you use it, but feel free to reference those who did a huge job so far.

MFG

Ketraar

mr.bear
x2

Post by mr.bear » Sat, 7. May 11, 13:59

thanks.

and i didn't think of that :oops:.
who are the major contributors?

mark_a_condren
X2-Illuminatus
Saetan
you (Ketraar) ?

anyone else? (I don't mean to insult anybody i've left out, i've just listed people with lots of posts)

mr. bear
Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your bear...

Malakie
x4

no internet

Post by Malakie » Wed, 24. Aug 11, 20:57

Hi,

Is there or will there be an offline version for those of us who do not have internet access? Due to my situation I can only get online once every few months now. I play X3 constant but have to do everything offline and the same between my limited ability to get online. This reference would be great but I need an offline version obviously..

Malakie
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 24. Aug 11, 21:30

Is there or will there be an offline version for those of us who do not have internet access?
No, there isn't.
Creating an offline version would take some time, time which I don't have and based on the rather small activity in the MSCI forum in the last months I guess no other team member, as well. But feel free to create an offline version on your own. :)

IIRC mark_a_condren already posted a pdf- or word-document somewhere with some pieces of information about several script commands. Maybe that can be used as basis.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Wed, 24. Aug 11, 21:51

ok thanks...
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 15:32

X2-Illuminatus wrote:IIRC mark_a_condren already posted a pdf- or word-document somewhere with some pieces of information about several script commands. Maybe that can be used as basis.
Links to docs

These are the same file just different formats. They are very much a VIP, they were started so i could build an offline version but they never got very far. You are most welcome to look at them and continue them if you like.

MSCI Scripting Code for X3TCv2_5_PDF_v1.pdf

MSCI Scripting Code for X3TCv2_5_Open_Office.odt

They are both hosted on the X3TC Google code site here

MarCon

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 22:25

I just realised, the new AP script commands being (hopefully) explained in the Survival Guide... is kind of pointless when they could just be put up in the MSCI reference...?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 23:23

ChristmasJon wrote:I just realised, the new AP script commands being (hopefully) explained in the Survival Guide... is kind of pointless when they could just be put up in the MSCI reference...?
they'll be in both

peroxyde
x3tc

Post by peroxyde » Tue, 27. Mar 12, 00:14

Hello!
I'm a french scripter (member of NH-team), and will enjoy to help in this huge work.

There's lot of commands i need to test to understand how they works, so if i could share my results, i'll do it with pleasure!

So please sign me in!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 27. Mar 12, 02:40

Just as a matter of interest, why are there commands in the indexes with no direct link ?

Without a direct link, its almost impossible to find anything, and I was looking for one of them yesterday to find the meaning of one of the feilds. As I found out later, lack of that field because I didnt understand what it wanted, was why the command failed to work.

The documentation isnt much use if you cant easily find it.

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Tue, 27. Mar 12, 10:28

Normally, if there is no direct link, than this command isn't documented.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 27. Mar 12, 10:34

Is there a searchable list of MCSI commands anywhere?

I often find myself looking for a command, but do not know which section to check. I search the MCSI Handbook, but that is two games out of date. I can search the individual pages of the MCSI Reference thread, but then I have to search multiple pages every time I want to look something up.

(Which, in my case, happens frequently.) :)

peroxyde
x3tc

Post by peroxyde » Tue, 27. Mar 12, 11:35

apricotslice wrote:Just as a matter of interest, why are there commands in the indexes with no direct link ?
There are direct link. But as Scrat said, and as it's written :
(x ... marks unlinked script commands)
Direct link exist in indexes for documented commands (without mark) or with WiP mark

I often find myself looking for a command, but do not know which section to check.
+1

And another question : should we receive a MP when (and if) we have access to the MCSi forum?
[ external image ]
"On apprend en faisant des erreurs, mais le problème c'est qu'en explosifs, l'erreur est fatale." Aldébaran v10
[ external image ]<-- Clef Des Toilettes Privées Du Forum Français décernée par Thoto le 23/06/07

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 27. Mar 12, 12:24

Access is only for those that will be posting Topics explaining the commands. There is no discussion in that forum. Any questions, suggestions, etc go here.

MFG

Ketraar

peroxyde
x3tc

Post by peroxyde » Tue, 27. Mar 12, 17:52

This is why I applied for registration. ^^
But I can leave the description here, if you prefer :

<RetVar/IF><RefObj> fire missile <Var/Ware> on <Value>

=====================================================

[skip|else] if [not]|while[not]|<no returnvalue>|<RetVar/IF> = <RefObj> fire missile <Var/Ware> on <Value>

[skip|else] if [not]|while [not]| = The possible 'Conditional' statements that can be used with this command.
<no returnvalue>|<RetVar/IF> The possible return of the command
<RefObj> The ship (or variable containing it) which fires the missile
<Var/Ware> missile type (or a variable containing it) which is launched
<Value> Variable containing the targeted object

This command allow a ship to fire a missile on a target.

The Missiles don't need to be installed to be fired, but they need to exist at least in the cargo bay.

Of course, the missile must be compatible with the ship which launch it.

A valid target is needed and, for some missile type, this target must be an ennemy.

The return value if the command fail is null and [TRUE] if it succeed.

------------------

Exemple:

$Target = [playership] -> find nearest enemy ship: max.dist = 5000
$missile = [playership] -> find best missile for target $Target
= [playership] -> fire missile $missile on $Target

-----------------

Note :

Often, the command fails even if all parameters have been checked. (I don't know why)
To force a ship to launch a missile, a while is useful:

$launched = null
while not $launched
|  skip if $Ship -> get volume of ware $missile in cargo bay
|  |   break
|  skip if $Target -> exist
|  |   break
|  $launched = $Ship -> fire missile $missile on $Target
|  = wait 100 ms
end

Command location:

»» Fly Commands
           <RetVar/IF><RefObj> fire missile <Var/Ware> on <Value>
[ external image ]
"On apprend en faisant des erreurs, mais le problème c'est qu'en explosifs, l'erreur est fatale." Aldébaran v10
[ external image ]<-- Clef Des Toilettes Privées Du Forum Français décernée par Thoto le 23/06/07

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”