[DISCUSSION+REGISTRATION] - MSCI Reference

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

[DISCUSSION+REGISTRATION] - MSCI Reference

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 10. Sep 10, 23:00

Since recently there is a MSCI Reference Forum, in which all of the Script Editor (SE) commands are being listed and documented.

Working on it are a number of Community members who are looking to document all of the commands, without exception. This is quite a complex undertaking, so anyone who wishes to assist, is asked to register here. Knowledge of English is essential.

Additionally questions can be posted here on the topics themselves, for example, if there are errors or incorrect information. For general S&M questions, not related to the commands, please use the stickied [Discussion] Generic X3TC S&M questions topic.

Topics themselves may be started, should someone feel that it is appropriate. The topics should be formatted as per this example topic.

Regards,

The MSCI Reference Team
Last edited by Ketraar on Sun, 2. Jan 11, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

Mutiny1

Post by Mutiny1 » Thu, 16. Sep 10, 17:34

I wish to register.
mark_a_condren pointed me here through a series of PM's and this topic came up. I would offer help with proof reading, understandability; coming from a new users standpoint.

Thanks
This is mi syg.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Mon, 20. Sep 10, 23:30

Dibs
I'd like to register

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 11:57

Sign me up.

Currently im an on X3 hiatus but so far I've always come back... eventually.
There is simply no alternative. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 00:48

I'd like to register.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 02:43

Can I suggest a change to the title of this thread ?

Add "Scripters, we need you !" to the title.

Maybe also keep the title up to date with how many commands still to be done.

So maybe "Scripters still needed, 500 Commands still to be done".

The idea being to catch the attention of people who can script. At the moment, this thread isnt very catchy.

My experience is that titles attract specific attention, so adding something about the specific help needed to the title, tends to get a faster response than a generic title. I do this with mods all the time, when I hit something I cant do. Add the specific issue to the end of the mod title, usually attracts an answer.

So if we need Trade commands done for example, putting that in this title might just attract someone who can do them. especially when it gets to the point where only certain small groups of commands are left to do and we need people with experience of them to do the threads.

Just a suggestion.

Toastysoul
x4

Post by Toastysoul » Fri, 29. Oct 10, 18:41

I'd like to offer my help, such that it is.

lokpique
x3tc

Post by lokpique » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 01:44

I have not done any X3TC scripting, but I am a hell of a programmer and "speak" many languages (to computers at least haha).

I would LOVE to get on board with this. I have had several ideas for scripts, simple scripts... like "set the speed that your autopilot flies at" and "set the distance you follow at". Not even sure if that is possible!

Anyways, where do I sign up? I'm even willing to just crash test and debug if that is what is required.

I usually apply my logistics for food or money, but this time I'm willing to work for spaceflies!

Sp@c3Ch!mp
x3tc

Post by Sp@c3Ch!mp » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 10:56

Hi I am also interested in joining the scripting comm.
I am a student computer sciences and am bored as hell...
Knowledge of c++, java, php, html, xml(basic)
Nuke 'em till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark.

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 13:55

Anyways, where do I sign up? I'm even willing to just crash test and debug if that is what is required.
I'm not sure if you understood this right: It's not about testing, writing or debugging scripts, it's just about documenting commands.

Greetings,
ScRaT

h2o.Ava
x3tc

Post by h2o.Ava » Mon, 29. Nov 10, 07:21

I'm interested.

XDrake
x3tc

Post by XDrake » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 23:49

Sign Me Up!

I am back!
XDrake
-------------------------------------------------------
NECORE Inc.

mailleweaver
x3tc

Post by mailleweaver » Sat, 4. Dec 10, 07:37

When it's ready, I'd suggest putting "Script Editor" somewhere in the thread title for casual scriptors (scripters? scriptwriters? :? See. I'm so casual, I don't even know what to call myself.) like me who don't think of Manual Ship Computer Interface when looking for info about the Script Editor.
It *might* save a few regulars from having to answer questions with, "look in the MSCI sticky."

Szasza
x4

Registration

Post by Szasza » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 16:53

Hi,

I'd like to register to access the MSCI Reference Forum.

Thanks forward.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 18:06

Please do not take my question the wrong way. But are you actually interested in helping to create articles or are you just interested in accessing the forum?
Our current aim is to create and translate articles, so we only want to add users that are able to help. Once we managed to create a certain amount of articles, the forum will be made public. So everyone will be able to read it.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Szasza
x4

Application

Post by Szasza » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 23:47

If I'm able to help, I would like to. Already wrote some plugins to other games, contributed to wikis, etc.
However, I think can only help in creating articles since I'm only good in English and Hungarian, and I doubt that Hungarian translation is desperately needed :)
“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.” - Albert Einstein

h2o.Ava
x3tc

Post by h2o.Ava » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 04:01

I would like to reiterate my interest in assisting in the creation of articles describing how the Script Editor functions.

I would also like to state that I am interested in doing the same regarding the Mission Director.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 08:09

What is desperatly needed ... is those that have commited to contribute to actually contribute. There are those that have committed and are yet to contribute even 1 word. :(

If you do sign up and then discover that it's not what you thought or come to the realisation that it's not for you or RL grabs you by the short and curlies and twists :o . At least have the testicular fortification to say so and have yourself removed from the 'team'. (there is no 'i' in team, but there is 'me' if you shuffle it around a bit.)

As some have found out, the process of producing an articale can be more than a 30 second 'wham bam thank you mam'. :o With some 741 SE commands from memory to be done in totally, the more that actually help the better. (sheez, thinking about it now scares me into wanting to bail .... Joking. :D )

There is one thing though that we are kinda needing, and if you can help and it's the only thing you contribute, you will still be considered a hero (i'll even give you custom interest rates in my banking script if you use it!!) Ok, so what we would like is .... A custom schema that can auto format text color tags in this forum, an external application that the text can then be copy / pasted would be fine. Does this sound simple to do to you? Is it 'up your ally'? please help. (I'll even consider giving you a big wet 'vertual' kiss)

Ok, gotta go, my coffee is getting cold ...

MarCon

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 11:01

Yeah, really apologise for my not working much.

I've been commisioned to script something now! :roll: Except I'm not getting paid of course. :roll:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 15:17

h2o.AvA wrote:I would like to reiterate my interest in assisting in the creation of articles describing how the Script Editor functions.
You're already a team member since almost two weeks. So, you should be able to access the forum via the link in the OP.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”