Complete List Of XSP Ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 17:14

Which game are you running?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

mr_ripley9

Post by mr_ripley9 » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 22:50

Albion Prelude

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Sun, 16. Aug 15, 01:40

Just a general thought... is there a way of ranking these ships by balance? For example the 'Hulk' TL has the armament of an M1, and the speed of a M5. Oh. And more caring capacity than the Goner Ozias. This is clearly wildly unbalanced but you can't tell 'till you install it. Meanwhile the Firefly TS is...bad. its slow and has a small cargo-bay. Any thoughts?
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

Stucy0071
x3tc

Post by Stucy0071 » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 16:35

Hey fellas! I had a question about some of these ships. Sorry if they've been asked already... But I have some ships with no cockpits, or weapons, mainly no cockpit. I've noticed they do have a script for it, in the Ship Data (in the Ship Creator/Editor that comes with Cycrow's Mod Manager). I've also had some ships drastically drop my frames when in external view, or flying near the ship. For example, a few of the Stargate ships, like the Prometheus(x303), and some Star Wars ships, like the Venator, Interdictor. I'm playing X3AP, and is up to date. I can give more info if needed. Thanks for any help!!

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 20:19

Not all ships are created (read designed and rendered) equally, if the ship has a very high polygon count, could be 1 reason (very detailed usually equals very high number of polygons in the image, similar to very large complexes of stations, requiring longer to "draw" each frame).

Does dialing back the graphics settings help?

large numbers of objects in a given sector will also sometimes cause frame rate issues, like large scale drone/missile battles between fleets of capital class ships (but it was glorious to see, the carnage was unbelievable)

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 20:29

sithneverdiealone wrote:Just a general thought... is there a way of ranking these ships by balance? For example the 'Hulk' TL has the armament of an M1, and the speed of a M5. Oh. And more caring capacity than the Goner Ozias. This is clearly wildly unbalanced but you can't tell 'till you install it. Meanwhile the Firefly TS is...bad. its slow and has a small cargo-bay. Any thoughts?
You should see ApricotSlice's Mule (built on a discoverer image, more cargo than a TS)

Some people design ships with higher capacities/capabilities because they find the available ones too limiting. One trick is to use Cycrow's ship editor to reduce/increase the values yourself.

But I haven't seen a way of ranking them by balance, though I suppose someone could create a spreadsheet of all available ships by class and compare stats and assign a "balance" rating to each. (or one for each class/type of ship, otherwise it will be a very long spreadsheet)

Stucy0071
x3tc

Post by Stucy0071 » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 20:53

Thanks for the info man! Yeah I was wondering if that was an issue. And when I was testing the ships, it was in pretty much empty space lol, with no battles or anything. I do have the Galatica by Hawkbs, which is pretty big and detailed. And it doesn't drop frames. But yeah, all aren't created equal lol.
And my other question really would be, how/can I add a cockpit to a ship? I'm not sure if theirs a guide. I was somehow able to add a cockpit to the F302 Stargate fighter, by adding in a cockpit script in the Ship Data section in the Ship Creator. I used the Terran Thor M3 (off the list) cockpit, I copy/pasted the cockpit log info into the f302. And it worked! lol I don't believe I did anything else, but I can't seem to use the same method for others (like the BS Viper ships). Haha just a guide would help me lol or advice, or just a simple no it can't be done (easily)

EDIT: I actually had another random question, but does regard to importing ships to game... When you add a ship in game, I see NPCs using them as well, which is fine. But is there a way to not allow them to use them. Haha seeing a Galatica in a lot of sectors makes me not feel so special lol, plus I have Star Trek ships, and sometimes there are quit a few (which over time drops my frames). I've been reducing the amount of ships I have. So yeah, I'm just curious if that's possible. Thanks for all the help!!! Sorry for the novice questions and all lol

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 21:52

Not sure there is a way to completely disallow others to use the imported ships, but possibly changing the 'race' for the ship to Xenon or Kha'ak might do it, though it could make it hard to find a station to buy one at.

Since I don't actually do the cockpit thing, maybe someone that creates ships might be able to help, though there is a mod that adds cockpits to most ships. (I do remember a version of the Asgard O'Neal with a pretty cool 'bridge' as a cockpit, though I find the limiting of the field of view to be undesirable)

( am still looking for someone to create a ship that looks like a 18th century ship of the line, silly of course, but would make it easily recognizable as a 'pirate' ship, complete with the jolly roger, but my skills at creating digital 'art' are not up to the task. Though, Captain Harlock's Arcadia would suffice)

Stucy0071
x3tc

Post by Stucy0071 » Wed, 14. Oct 15, 05:43

Thanks again for the help bud!! I THINK I figured how not to allow AI to use imported ships. Well maybe now all together, but in the Ship Data in the Customize Ship menu, I changed the Owner Race, along with the Add to Shipyard Option. And haha I gotcha on the cockpit, yeah I feel more immerse with the cockpit lol. But I understand the limiting view haha.
And I was previously referring to the Ship Data tab, that I was copying/pasting. I meant I only did that in the Ship Parts tab. With not much luck adding cockpits... Well I have been trying to do more research, and learn more, but I'm still unable to figure the cockpit, in adding one to a ship. SO if anyone could either explain, or point me to a guide or something lol. I have looked at the X3 wiki tutorials, but I didn't see what I was looking for.
And I've been really wanting to export ships from certain mods, but no luck. I seen that I needed to find the Tship.pck list, and extract it from that. but the mods I'm referring to only have the .bob/.pbd files (like the textures, effects, etc). I haven't had any luck finding a guide on that. Or i'm just blind lol.
Well any who, thanks for any/all the help!!!

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Wed, 14. Oct 15, 07:15

Check out these Mods already created to add cockpits....

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219037

looks like there is more than one available.

Stucy0071
x3tc

Post by Stucy0071 » Wed, 14. Oct 15, 07:31

I actually already have one, I'm using the one that's for LU. It's just strange that some ships still don't have a cockpit. Where as others do, I mean most ships have cockpits. It's just some of the custom ships don't. Or rather it doesn't show lol.
This is the link http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=370506
Seems to work pretty well. Besides the issues with some of the imported ships not having them.

TheXHypex
x4

Star Wars - Imperial Star Destroyer

Post by TheXHypex » Mon, 16. Nov 15, 13:33

Hey guys,
I wanted to download the xsp File of the ISD but it seems the Downloadlink is no longer available :( Does anyone still have the xsp File of it?
Thank you in advance

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Tue, 17. Nov 15, 19:16

which ISD do you refer to? Page 1 or page 19?
(I might have one of them, not sure which myself or where it is - it's been moved around a few times)

arkcane

fighters

Post by arkcane » Fri, 29. Jan 16, 06:25

It seems like most of the m3 fighters in the "Other" category dont seem to show up in game (cycrow cheat script) if someone has a tutorial on converting or updating xsp to work with Albion prelude. or can explain to me what is seems to be the problem.

I have installed the ships with the plug in manager and in several attempts have installed the ships one at a time. iv also used the spk explorer to "update" them with out success.

I have a sneaking suspicion I am going to have to delve a lot deeper into modding this game to get what I want.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 29. Jan 16, 10:23

dont seem to show up in game
They don't show up in the Ship list of the Cheat script (i.e. when you create a ship) or the model files are not displayed in the game, when you create that ship? If it's the latter and you're playing X3AP, then that's a bug of the Plugin Manager, which if I'm not mistaken should be fixed in its current version. (The workaround in previous versions was to install the ship to the X3TC directory too.)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

arkcane

Former

Post by arkcane » Fri, 29. Jan 16, 23:54

Its normally the former although i have had the later as well. they dont show up on the list to create the ship.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 12:13

if they are not showing up in the cheats scripts, then they are not in the game. Which usually means they havn't been installed correctly.

first make sure you are using the latest version of the plugin manager, 1.531

and make sure you are closing it before running the game.

it is specific ships that dont show up, or just ships in general ?
ie, have you installed multiple ships but some show up and others dont?

arkcane

Post by arkcane » Sun, 31. Jan 16, 02:46

The plug in is the right version.

I can get some to work like the USS Hannibal, Patton, patton2, basilisk (KOSH) and such

I however cant get the
slipfighter by jl,
banshee MJALowe
prowler MJALowe
Wildfire, DC shadow
Glaive DC Shadow
Magnate Jorkin
batedora balogt

I start up the plug in manager (generally lite) install the ships, click the play button, I hear 2 beeps, start a new game, look at the create a ship list go to m3 (or what ever the category is for that ship) If I dont find it there I look through the all ships list and cant find it. shut down the game, the plugin manager pops back up and i close it down and reopen it. I have done this process about 40 times installing only one or two ships and none of them show up. I seem to only have a problem with fighters specifically M3 Iv gotten some to work like the heimdall but its really rare.

I might try a complete uninstall and wipe of the game directory with a fresh install of the plugin manager.

arkcane

Post by arkcane » Sun, 31. Jan 16, 06:15

the uninstall and reinstalled worked. no clue why. its rather irritating since iv been trying to fix this for 2 DAYS! well back to playing thank you either way

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 20:10

I like jorkin's magnate g as a guard for my TL's and carriers

some ships do seem to be incompatible.

(ive got a long list of added ships including the shadow ships from babylon5
)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”