[ALP] Jumpgate Construction Technology 1.4 TC/AP 17/7/12

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 21:15

hmmm... I remember reading something about it only being able to be used on TS and TL class ships... but maybe this is just something I think *shrugs*

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 23:44

Hopefully LV will chime in here because I think that I have only ever used a Mammoth before.... Also maybe in version 1.2 he changed what ships can use the software. That is always possible. I think that he was thinking of doing that since if you really think about it using an M6 is a bit on the small side.
-----
MacBook Pro i7 2.66ghz
4 gb ram
runs like a dream in Win 7 64-bit

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 00:05

LV wrote:1. what commands do show in your general menu

2. what ship are you in (must be M1 TL TM TP)

Kimmy
x2

Post by Kimmy » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 00:43

I’ve got this all working and I’ve setup a gate south out of ‘Unknown Sector’ and in the north of ‘Great Trench’. After a few minutes, I get a message saying; “A new gate from Unknown Sector to Great Trench has been created”.

But, there’s no gates!!

What an I doing wrong?

Can any one help?

Edit…

Sorry, I forgot to rename the files to the next highest .CAT and .DAT.

But, now that the gates are being created. The gate south out of ‘Unknown Sector’ is marked ‘N’ for North. The gate in Great Trench is correctly marked ‘N’.

Also, after a few minutes, both gates disappear!!

I done this several times, same result.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 09:12

is the plugin in the AL menu turned off by any chance as i can't think of another reason for gates to consistently vanish.

Forget the naming (NESW) it's not exact.

many use this script without issue so it's hard not to think your doing something wrong

Kimmy
x2

Post by Kimmy » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 11:56

Thanks LV,

I know it's something I've done. I always is. I was hoping you had come across this problem before.

My fault, it wasn’t set to ‘Yes’ in the AL bit. Now it all works just fine.

Thanks for the help. You’re a genius!

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 17:31

I had a hell of a time getting this to work. I have other LV things working like upgrade kits, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get this working by doing the normal things like turning the AL plugin on, etc.

I finally had to do two main things:

* go in and edit each script containing ZA_EMP_BLANK_blah and change it to Jumpgate Construction Software (which was in the list of wares to choose)
* manually execute the script that puts the ware into Argon docks

After this I was able to send my TL to a couple of docks to purchase 2 units and construct a couple of gates.

This was with X3TC 2.5.
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

Sardaukar2488
x4

Completely stumped

Post by Sardaukar2488 » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 13:06

Hey Guys,

Just trying to install LVs very nice sounding gate construction technology add on however i am unable to get it fully working.

So far i have:

Installed the X Plugin Manager
Installed the Ware manager
Installed EMP1.4 and EMP-X
Renamed cat/dat to highest number in X3:TC main folder
Enabled gate construction technology in AL plugin settings

At the moment i know i have to enter code somewhere in the script editor (which is enabled, and i think i have the correct code) but i have no idea exactly where.

I am able to see the option to create gate on my TL. The part that's missing is the ability to purchase the Jumpgate Construction Software from any docks.

I think its specifically the code part thats got me, because i can run marine repairs, NPC bail-on and cycrows cheat script no probs.

Hope i havent epically failed and put this in the wrong area or broken any forum rules.

Cheers.

EDIT: I have just used the cheat script to add a Jump Gate construction software to my TL, it did not allow the create gate to work, so there must be more i'm missing. Interestingly enough it does the same for the CSecG i tried to install.

EDIT2: I have made much more progress, now my M3 falcon hauler can buy them fro ATF docks, XFR them to my TL which can successfully build gates, in addition the naming is all ok. Now i need to figure out how to get argon, paranid, split e.t.c eq docks to stock them. Right now only ATF docks have them :\
Last edited by Sardaukar2488 on Sat, 25. Sep 10, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.

Thrandisher
x3tc

Post by Thrandisher » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 16:21

You might want to ask this in his thread.

quick and dirty tho is. you need two of the equipment, one for start and one for finish. I always use a TL to do it with.

If your useing the beta version of Plugin manager, you dont need to install EMP. it should have it automaticly in it. And if your not, use one or the otehr for Emp. That might be causeing the problem for you.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Sardaukar2488
x4

Equipment docks stocking JCS

Post by Sardaukar2488 » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 16:28

Hey klaatu, what script was it that specifies which eq docks stock the software?

One script called plugin.lv.build.gate.add.kits seems to have some lines that look like they do the trick, i dont know how to uncomment them though to enable them (total noob at any form of scripting/modding here).

narhiril
x3tc

Post by narhiril » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 23:06

Yo trans orbital accelerator, I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish but the new gate from Aldrin to CSE is the best jumpgate of all time. OF ALL TIME.

This is my new favorite script :lol:
Anna Marie

CEO of Miron Corporation, Kingdom End

Lord Hayden
x3tc

Post by Lord Hayden » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 17:31

If I have a Mammoth and jump in it and go UFJD, can I construct a gate and have continued access to the sector? That would be awesome. :P
I can't speel very gewd...

klaatu
x4

Re: Equipment docks stocking JCS

Post by klaatu » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 22:24

Sardaukar2488 wrote:Hey klaatu, what script was it that specifies which eq docks stock the software?

One script called plugin.lv.build.gate.add.kits seems to have some lines that look like they do the trick, i dont know how to uncomment them though to enable them (total noob at any form of scripting/modding here).
Yep, that's the one. You can uncomment a line with a single key press; I forget exactly which key though. The script editor actually tells you, however, when you first launch it it lists all (or most) of the editing keys you can use, so just look there for the specific key.

HTH
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

dAkshEN3
x3tc

Post by dAkshEN3 » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 20:08

narhiril wrote:Yo trans orbital accelerator, I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish but the new gate from Aldrin to CSE is the best jumpgate of all time. OF ALL TIME.
Indeed, it looks awesome!
Most of the terran ships look funk ugly, but the stations and that gate look amazing, specially the torus.

Any way to edit this plugin to do aldrin gates?
Andon-Grey Corporation, Spires of Elusion
"Investors in gratuitous amounts of profit!"

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 05:50

Download link seems to be broken
Rawr.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”