[SCR/IDX] Lucikes Script Collection for X³: Terran Conflict [16th July 2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 23. Sep 11, 22:06

cww1964 wrote:LOL...I really do appreciate your efforts :) Everything you sugested I have done and without results, unfortunately. CODEA works just fine, but hiring through MEFOS Military Transports is fruitless. I think what I will attempt next is to delete anything to do with this script and then reinstall. I just hope it doesnt jack my current venture in the X3 Universe as I have accomplished so much...but then again...I dont really GAF, lol. I absolutely LOVE this game!! :)

As for the Wife...God Bless her, but there ARE Priorities...Galactic Conquest! If she cant handle that, well.....I guess she cant handle that, lmfao!
Lol. Well, im sorry that didnt fix it. One more thing you could try....there is a filder included in the script collection that has several .bat files that will remove the transport scripts. First you want to use the respective script located in the included uninstall folder. Run that file in game and then save, quit the game, run the appropriate .bat file and reinstall the military transport files. Try that?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 17:28

@Saetan

Do any of Luckies scripts add Freight Drone factories to the universe?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 20:42

No, not that I'm aware of ... the only factories getting added by a script by Lucike are jump beacon factories for the jump beacon script ... not sure though, what kind of factory it is which is used as jum beacon factory.

And also some terran stations by a mini script by him, but not part of the collection as far as I know.

Why do you ask? Any problems? Or do you just need one?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 23:42

Saetan wrote:Why do you ask? Any problems? Or do you just need one?
Lol. No, I dont need to make any more problems for my self.

The reason I ask is that im finding Freight drone factories in my game all named <invalid> and was wondering where they could be coming from. I assumed it might be a conflict with the XRM mod but paul tells me that his mod doesnt add those factories. Anyhow, I thought it may have something to do with jump beacons but those are camera drone factories that that script hijacks.

swiftlight
x3tc

Installing newer versions of scripts in Bonus Pack TC

Post by swiftlight » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 20:26

Hi,

Seems the Bonus files in the /t folder are of their own number?

I copied in some files for CLS1 into the /t folder and it didnt want to overwrite anything.. just added 8001* files. So when I checked the version of the script.. it didnt update but stayed the same version as bonus.

The files for the script folder was overwritten by the new files.

The CLS1/2 should of went from v3302 to v3400

So Im doing a fresh install =/

What a pain.. hope I can get back to where I was with my saved game files.

{Merged, as you do ask about Lucike's scripts. jlehtone}

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 22:43

The Bonus Pack has been out for some time and is out of date to the latest versions of some of those scripts.

Unfortunately , Egosoft has only updated the Bonus Pack once for X3TC.
And any later versions of the scripts are not signed by Egosoft and usually are incompatible.

eg XTC (the mod) ~ do not use Egosoft Bonus pack iirc.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 00:02

Normally you should be able to unpack Lucike's script just over existing bonus pack installations of these scripts.

Not sure, if the t-files from both versions differ of each other ... if they do, as you say, that shouldn't matter. The script files should be overwritten and replacing the old ones. Therefore the new script files will have their fitting t-files linked in themselves of course, so the old t-files will be left unused and deletable.

If your scripts didn't update probably, I think there was a problem with replacing the old script files, as it seems to happen on recent operating systems (with system directory protection enabled) sometimes.

Doing a fresh install with the new script while keeping the old savegame should work to, but means to need more work.

At least, if above mentioned ways don't work, there is another possibility. It's to uninstall the old files first (see the manual of the respective script for further instructions) and doing a re-install of the new ones. But that would need you to start all your traders by hand again.

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 05:57

hey all,

Was just having a issue not sure where to post it, but for some reason none of Lucike's equipment is showing up in my game except CLS, I currently am using XRM, just wondering if anyone has a fix or maybe knows what is going on.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 06:01

Bobisback wrote:hey all,

Was just having a issue not sure where to post it, but for some reason none of Lucike's equipment is showing up in my game except CLS, I currently am using XRM, just wondering if anyone has a fix or maybe knows what is going on.
What equipment are you refering to?

hlking
x4

Post by hlking » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 06:34

Since no one asked it yet I'll guess I'll do it. Anyone tried these scripts with Albion Prelude yet? In that case do they work fine?

Marvelous3175
x3tc

Post by Marvelous3175 » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 09:01

hlking wrote:Since no one asked it yet I'll guess I'll do it. Anyone tried these scripts with Albion Prelude yet? In that case do they work fine?
Lucike has and he said yes.

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 09:29

joelR wrote:
Bobisback wrote:hey all,

What equipment are you refering to?

ummm turns out I guess I was just looking in the wrong places, plus I figured right when I installed it that the equipment would show up in the encyclopedia since i have adv sats everywhere, but I was wrong i had to open up a port that has them before they appeared. But i figured it out so :)

thanks though

Xydonus
x3ap

Post by Xydonus » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 07:02

Will he be upgrading his Xtended 1.2a patch to work with 2.0 or should 1.2a be sufficient for 2.0?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 16:01

@Saetan

Luicke has recently released some interesting scripts. Namely "Tender" and the "Passenger and Transport Service."

Google translate isnt doing a very good job.....Can we expect a better English translation at some point?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 18:24

No, I don't update this topics in the ES forum anymore as I don't see a reason to do that because of:
Saetan wrote:Lucike left after he got temporarly banned from the X-Universe Forums and asked me to remove the direct download links. Of course I respect his wish, so I replaced the download links with links onto his own homepage.
Anyone can inform him-/herself on Lucikes website about his scripts. You can ask him-/herself to provide English information about his scripts on his website or in his forum.

Wilson-MG-
x4

Post by Wilson-MG- » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 23:14

Marvelous3175 wrote:
hlking wrote:Since no one asked it yet I'll guess I'll do it. Anyone tried these scripts with Albion Prelude yet? In that case do they work fine?
Lucike has and he said yes.
I use about a half dozen of Lucike's scripts; mainly CODEA (I love having pilots), MEFOS, and the supporting scripts for these like Personnel Transporter, Military Transporter, Salary, etc.

Can you confirm that all of these are 100% AP compatible?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 00:50

Wilson-MG- wrote:Can you confirm that all of these are 100% AP compatible?
I can't confirm that as I don't support Egosoft in introducing DLC, needing to be payed for. Especially if the community has work to make it worth playing by being modded.

Maybe someone else can confirm compatibility.

Wilson-MG-
x4

Post by Wilson-MG- » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 02:43

Well, I'm not going to ruffle anyone's feathers. To each their own.

On another note, i.e. the topic of my question, it appears that these are most likely not working as I immediately noticed that there was no hotkey option to view the transporter schedule. At least not when installed via Cycrow's Manager (Beta 1.40) as an archive.

As I continue with my (finally started) new game, I'll continue to test.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 07:31

Wilson-MG- wrote:[...] it appears that these are most likely not working as I immediately noticed that there was no hotkey option to view the transporter schedule. [...]
Did you assign the hotkey to a key in the options first?

Wilson-MG-
x4

Post by Wilson-MG- » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 17:12

There was no option to assign any hotkeys when I was testing. I used it with TC many moons ago, so I'm vaguely familiar with it. I've since removed these scripts from my latest game since I didn't believe them to be working and I didn't want any residual issues in my actual concerted game effort.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”