[MOD] X-Tra Ship/Station Pack - [V1.94 Available 3/9/2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kiviar

Post by Kiviar » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 21:39

Cadius wrote:
Early release if anyone can guess where that design came from..
You mean this?

I am not a huge fan of the Mass Effect ship design myself, but nonetheless you put out some impressive work. I do really like the idea of finally having a Terran m7 with capital sized guns.

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 04:23

FUUUUUUUUU-!
On the first reply even! and i thought it wasn't that obvious. Anyway, v1.5 is up, check the first page for link.

The new shipyard is not included in this version, i won't put it in til I deal with the LOD issue

Bomar
x3tc

Post by Bomar » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 05:19

Cadius, you have made my day. Keep it up !
Green Wing: Kestrel "Solstice"
Retired

Lc4Hunter
x4

Post by Lc4Hunter » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 07:21

Very nice worl!
I´m relly impressed cause the texturing and the added details for this ships are fantastic. I like it really and of course i´m proud that you used some of my ships :)

your reinterpretation is very good. I like the versions of he two ships a lot!!!
Kepp going on with your work.

I agree too that your work is NOT the work of an amateur, for this your ships are too good :D .

Only the new terran shipyard looks a bit detailless, but i think you will handle it.

Kind Regards,
Hunter

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 16:17

don't know if it's important but the blarb about the Hiroshima is a tech ware
sorry but to drunk to say it properly

also love the ships
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Gemini24
x3tc

Post by Gemini24 » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 19:57

Has anyone been having issues getting these to show up in game?

ive tried a fresh start, and using the the cheat script, but i dont see them on a list.

Thought there may be a compatibility issue with Apricot Merge mod...but wasnt really wanting to uninstall that.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance :)

Love the ships :) cant wait till i figure out why im not able to get them in game.

Also, any thoughts on a .xsp for install as another option?
Last edited by Gemini24 on Fri, 5. Feb 10, 20:31, edited 4 times in total.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 20:15

Apricots Merge Mod contains ships.
So yes, it's incompatible if you don't merge Cadius ships into apricots Ships-file.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Gemini24
x3tc

Post by Gemini24 » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 20:19

Killjaeden wrote:Apricots Merge Mod contains ships.
So yes, it's incompatible if you don't merge Cadius ships into apricots Ships-file.
Alright thats what i was afraid of, time for a little headache xD, thanks :)

Edit: Got it working, thanks again Killjaeden
Last edited by Gemini24 on Fri, 5. Feb 10, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 20:27

awesome work! I'm trying the new ships now :)

keep it up!

foxunit
x4

Post by foxunit » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 22:00

Im having a bit of a problem here, clean, patched installation of TC some SPKs in it, no ships, renamed the cat and dat file and copied the folders into teh main dir and still the ships wont show up, any suggestions?

*edit*
Oo eh kinda worked out

Gemini24
x3tc

Post by Gemini24 » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 00:19

So far everything seems to be working really well :)

The Hiroshima is quickly becoming my favorite ship! love it.

However i have noticed that NPC ships will fly dangerously close to the Hiroshima and in some cases collide, which if youre using RRF brings u a whole lot of trouble. Anyone else using this ship alot noticing this? (Could just be auto-pilot hating me, but im going to try having the ship in the middle of a "Lane" to replicate it)

Also, was curious if u had any plans on adding the Flak AA or Cluster Flak Array weapons to the ships? Maybe the top and bottom turrets? Would make sense considering 2 are frigates and the other 2 are Carrier like Transports (in my mind anyways). Just a curious suggestion :)

One more thing, i have glow effects and the like enabled...but havent noticed any engine trails...while not a big deal, even small ones would look nice imo.
Just suggestions!

That aside, keep up the good work :)

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 04:35

haven't noticed that yet, probably just autopilot silliness. About the weapon loadouts:

1] Its a Terran ship so very unlikely to have commonwealth weapons
2] Changing turret loadouts would require changing stuff in TCockpits, I want to keep T file changes to a minimum so the ships are more compatible with other mods or easier to integrate with other mods.

About engine trails, the Hiroshima doesn't have engine trails it's a capital ship, so engines should glow like they do on the Yokohama/Tokyo/Osaka.

Gemini24
x3tc

Post by Gemini24 » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 06:07

Oh thats true, didnt even think about the Cap. ship thing, my bad :oops:

markdeno
xr

Post by markdeno » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 06:37

I have noticed that the origin points of (it seems) two of the main mount weapons on the Hiroshima is far up and to the right of the ship (in empty space.) I am mounting 8 PSPs on the main mount.

This catches enemy ships in a nasty convergence of fire, but I doubt it was the intention of the designer.

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 07:09

ive noticed that too but i thought it was something i did when i altered it a little.
and it only happens occasionally, if you reload the game its fine
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 07:13

floating weapon mount certainly not intentional, i'll have a look

EDIT: Ok i think i found it, seems you can't add 2 lasers per origin point, i'll have to switch them to 1 laser and add more points. Fix will be in v2.0 along with some other goodies.

Gemini24
x3tc

Post by Gemini24 » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 08:29

Prob going to get sick of me...Anyways

Found a small issue with the M3B...well...i see it as an issue...the Forward Mounted Turret (top) clashes with missile launches...while this is seen in other ships when firing your main guns, the fact that u cant, without a hotkey, stop the turret from firing so u can launch missiles can be problematic.

Not a huge issue, but something to look at :)
some other goodies
:o

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 11:59

is seen in other ships when firing your main guns, the fact that u cant, without a hotkey, stop the turret from firing so u can launch missiles can be problematic.
Standard behaviour of missileturrets.
Scripts could help, yeah. I don't know if there is already such a script.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 13:28

M3B isn't a clash, one of the turrets is in fact a missile mount. I suggest you set command for this one to none and fire missiles using the hotkey.

Valkyrie004

Post by Valkyrie004 » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 15:09

Gosh, this ships are beautiful in design.

Wonderful work!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”