[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

stends
x4

Post by stends » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 13:36

Hi, the download link for the installers on http://www.xpluginmanager.co.uk/ do not work. I was wondering when/if/if not it will be back.

Have a good day!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 14:12

make sure you are using the direct link from the first post, and it should work

vivre
x3tc

Post by vivre » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 21:14

Hi Cycrow,

If I install an archive that overwrites vanilla script files, is there a way to get the plugin manager restore the vanilla scripts when I disable/uninstall the archive?

If not, do you have any recommendations for ways to deal with archives that might overwrite vanilla scripts? (e.g. will repackaging them as a .spk work?)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 2. Sep 18, 13:28

it should already work. When you first run the plugin manager, it'll scan the directory and mark all the files as "original" so when you install something that replaces one of these files, then it first backs up the file, then restores it when you uninstall or disable the package.

it should work for both spk files and archives

Alacres

Post by Alacres » Sun, 2. Sep 18, 14:59

Umm am I and the issue I stated before be ignored forever or something? Ehh maybe indeed these forums are too old and no one cares when a newcomer posts....
There is always that one fool who rams a Xenon J and forgets to bail out

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 2. Sep 18, 15:42

@ Alacres: I don't see what the age of the forum has to with it since the author Cycrow is still posting here in this long-established gametool thread, even today. :wink:

Perhaps he just doesn't want to bother with the likely effort involved nor your suggestion to try to replicate your issue. Why not try a PM to him and see if he can help you with some practical advice that won't take up much of his personal time nor probably get too detailed for the public forum?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Alacres

Post by Alacres » Sun, 2. Sep 18, 16:10

Already did. Been weeks since then.........no advice
There is always that one fool who rams a Xenon J and forgets to bail out

vivre
x3tc

Post by vivre » Sun, 2. Sep 18, 18:54

Cycrow wrote:it should already work. When you first run the plugin manager, it'll scan the directory and mark all the files as "original" so when you install something that replaces one of these files, then it first backs up the file, then restores it when you uninstall or disable the package.

it should work for both spk files and archives
Strange, it didn't work for me. I installed an archive that overwrote some scripts and t files and it didn't replace the originals when I uninstalled it. I only found out after I got a message in game that several language files were missing.

Maybe it somehow skipped the scan step or failed to mark the originals. I'm going to try installing the archive again on a clean install and keep an eye on what it does. Is "addon/PluginManager/PluginManager.dat" the place it stores this information?

Edit:
It works on a clean install. In my previous 'non-clean' install, I see a file named "PluginManager.new" in the same directory as PluginManager.dat - I'm guessing that it is a temp file that failed to get written to PluginManager.dat, so something must have gone wrong when it was scanning and marking the originals on the first run.

Anyway, all good now.

Szutyo

Post by Szutyo » Sat, 8. Sep 18, 00:12

What could be the reason for the Package Creator's "Import Ship from VFS" function not working?

The Plugin Manager has some really useful utilities in the Tools folder, one of them is the Package Creator.

I used the Import Ship from VFS function a few times and it seemed to work, but all of the sudden it stopped working a few days ago.

I click it in the menu, then I select the file system and then OK, then it writes "loading texts" then I get a long list of ships, I choose a ship.
Now at this point it used to give me a window and a list in that and as it loaded stuff, the lines of the list got checked (with a green mark before each of them) and when all of them got checked I got the data of the imported ship in editable format.
But now this list only shows up for a split second and after it disappears and nothing happens.

I don't remember changing, my installation directory is the same, the plugin manager and the package creator can recognize my game installation.

What could cause this and how could I get it to work again?

Thanks!

Snowtiger2.0
x4

Post by Snowtiger2.0 » Tue, 25. Sep 18, 21:49

Which package(s) do i need to compile the Linux stuff?
I'm running a recently installed Ubuntu 18.04. A lot of what sounds like standard headers appear to be missing.
makedepend: warning: 7Decoder.cpp (reading /usr/include/bits/libio.h, line 53): cannot find include file "stdarg.h"
makedepend: warning: 7Decoder.cpp (reading /usr/include/string.h, line 33): cannot find include file "stddef.h"
makedepend: warning: crc32.c (reading /usr/include/limits.h, line 124): cannot find include file "limits.h"
makedepend: warning: gzio.c (reading /usr/include/bits/libio.h, line 53): cannot find include file "stdarg.h"
makedepend: warning: CatFile.cpp (reading String.h, line 9): cannot find include file "string"
Edit: i messed around with it but it's been a long time since i used c.
Everything is in cpp files, but the Makefile sets a c compiler and we're packing personal implementation of String instead of using <string> and std namespace?

Edit²:
Alright, after manually finding some headers to include it turns out those, or the compiler, are incompatible versions. So now it's trying to tell me size_t is undeclared.
i've made a primitive test sample using a size_t variable and it compiles just fine using cc.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 11:04

it shouldn't need any additional libraries, unfortunately the makefile is old, and hasn't been updated.

The only library that is used is zlib, but the c files for that should be included.

The String implementation is just a wrapper around std::string

sabrehawk
xr

Re: [PROGRAM] Plugin Manager : V1.531 : 11/08/2015

Post by sabrehawk » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 12:04

Some people never quit :lol: cycrow is immortal.

greghar
x3

Post by greghar » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 17:49

Finished installing AP and the bonus package on my D: drive, then installed the Plugin Mgr. However after install and running the Lite version with the selected X3AP.exe, it just hangs and nothing happens.
There is no pluginmanager.dat file installed or found on computer. I've uninstalled the game and Plugin Mgr and reinstalled but same problem occurs.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edit:
So sorry y'all, problem appears fixed. I guess it just takes a while to fully discover the extra folders and such with the new PM using X3AP. I just received notification and the program appears to have loaded so I can begin installing the various spk's. Thanks Cycrow, much appreciated.

DragonCourier
xr

Post by DragonCourier » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 02:36

The download link isn't working for me. It starts the download but never actually finishes. What gives? I'm using the direct link.

respaekt

Post by respaekt » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 18:47

If i make a new ship xsp with the package creator tool, do i need to fill the ship parts: componants and dummies and so on?

My model seems to work fine ingame and shouldnt be the information also in the scene file?!

Thanks for you help!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 14:06

You only need to add Components and Dummies if the ship has custom versions. They are extra bits that are linked from the scene file. But if the ship uses existing ones, then they dont need to be added. This is mainly for things like custom docking ports

kruesae
x4

Post by kruesae » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 11:20

Hello everyone,

How di I change current Directory? I copied the x3 ap folder to a diffrent position to seperat Vanilla and modified. How do I get the Manager to recognize the copied one?

thanks for helping!
http://world-of-dungeons.de/?link_wd_12081

Wer Lust kann sich für eine tolles Browsergame hier anmelden und auf Darakesh sich einer starken Truppe an schließen.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 11:35

You need to add the new directory.

From the menu at the top, there is an option to add a new directory, once added, it'll be available on the drop down menu, allowing you to switch between all the added directories

kruesae
x4

Post by kruesae » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 12:00

Thank you, very much.

Next question is there any possibility to use my old Vanilla saves in modified mode?
http://world-of-dungeons.de/?link_wd_12081

Wer Lust kann sich für eine tolles Browsergame hier anmelden und auf Darakesh sich einer starken Truppe an schließen.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 16:48

if the save game manager is disabled, then you can use the save games in any mode

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”