[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

jlmnc

Re: [PROGRAM] Plugin Manager : V1.531 : 11/08/2015

Post by jlmnc » Fri, 29. Jun 18, 22:26

Hello, it appears all the download links are broken. Is there another site where I may download this program? Thank you.

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Sat, 30. Jun 18, 01:47

I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

Alacres

Post by Alacres » Fri, 13. Jul 18, 12:06

Hello, Cycrow. I have a little problem here, I wanted to port Terran Maccana from AP to TC ( I have both games installed, GOG War Pack by the way ), but the option Import from VFS won't get past Textures. It imported Scene Models and the rest, but it was stuck on textures for unknown time (approx 9 hours, left it loading overnight). It did open an Argon Discoverer in less than a minute, Nova took longer, but it seems it can't load anything bigger than M3, because even an Argon Centaur wouldn't load. Any suggestions would be much appreciated :) I've installed the game on the D drive so it has all permissions, have 4 separate copies just in case for testing. :D :D
There is always that one fool who rams a Xenon J and forgets to bail out

Ajaxial92
x3ap

Post by Ajaxial92 » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 23:16

Perhaps I'm being a bit stupid but I seem to be having an issue.

I was playing X3AP with Litcube and was running a few scripts and mods. However I wanted to try and play Mayhem without messing up my LU game folder, so I'm running multiple installs now and using no steam exe to allow this.

However now, no matter what, even with the directory set in the correct place and every set up as it was with the default steam install location.

None of the scripts will work ingame, nor will they even show in the hotkeys or script editor menus. They are all enabled and such, am I missing something?

---EDIT---

Okay, fixed the issue.

Seems that the Plugin Manager Advanced refused to actually install them despite what it was saying. It initated the install, said it had done so, and enabled it, but never physically extracted the scripts etc into the folders.

Using Plugin Manager Lite fixed this issue, and could physically see the files being added into the folders as I was installing the plugins.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 18:24

not sure why switching to the lite version would have made a difference, as they are the same program. But the usual reason that files arn't installed is because windows send them to the virtual store instead. Usually down to permissions. Moving the game out of program files or running the plugin manager in admin mode will usually fix this

VladWard
x4

Post by VladWard » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 00:36

Hi,

I've been playing a new XRM game (manually installed) for about 90 hours and I decided to install a new mod. I opened up my old Plugin Manager and pointed it to my new XRM install and the savegame manager automatically replaced my XRM saves with my last backup from 2013. Are my recent saves gone for good? Would plugin manager have backed them up anywhere before replacing them?

Thanks in advance

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 10:48

it should have backed them up. Check the pluginmanager directory inside the game directory

VladWard
x4

Post by VladWard » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 23:54

I think it didn't like me having two installs. The pluginmanager directory in my game directory contained the same replacement saves from 2013, which were also part of the pluginmanager directory in an unmodified install on a different hard drive. Oops.

I went through the 5 stages of grief and just did a clean install. Thanks!

Alacres

Still got an issuw

Post by Alacres » Wed, 15. Aug 18, 01:43

The Package Creator imports only some ships through Import from VFS, the chance on getting something imported varies. Sometimes it works for bigger ships, sometimes it doesn't. I don't know how to fix it, but it seems to be random. After I tried over a dozen times on a ship ( M7 ) from another mod which overwrites base files of the game ( overhaul ) I finally got it in a working condition to turn it into an .xsp, yet the issue hampers the progress.

It is said that in the last releases the importing of Textures was improved. I see no difference between a prior version and latest. Issue was there before, is here now.. Still gets stuck on loading of textures. Tried reinstalling couple of times, with no mods at all, even vanilla ships would get stuck. Is there any way to fix it?

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 15. Aug 18, 13:03

Btw. Package Creator sometimes changes the amount of guns allowed per turret.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Alacres

Post by Alacres » Wed, 15. Aug 18, 17:19

I've noticed. That one single time I managed to get a Panther imported ( just wanted to change weapon types and add completely new ones I created ), I ended up with all turrets having 12 guns instead of default amounts. Same for a Century, just it had only 1 gun as a forward cockpit gun. It turned out that it couldn't properly read the files. Sadly the link to the source seems to be down. I could fix it or at least find out what causes it to be stuck exactly. I have a lot of nice KOTOR ships and SWTOR ships that I want to make as .xsp from an older mod that I abandoned some time ago. I liked the SWR mod for AP, but some models seemed incorrect so I made my own versions, but after switching to new system, I lost most of the files

adams0061
xr

Just wondering

Post by adams0061 » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 01:01

Cycrow, Will any of your scripts work with Linux. I have X3TC and Albion Prelude plus X3 Rebirth loaded and running thru the Steam version of linux mint 19 cinnamon version
YES I am 56 yrs old, YES I am huddle over my keyboard with only a 25 watt bulb in my desklamp and the feeble light from my monitor lighting my keyboard waiting on the next installment from the X-series. BUUUUUUWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 19:08

the scripts themselves should largely work in any version. The plugin manager itself is abit more difficult to get working in Linux.

you could extract any spk files and install them manually. Things like ships, or scripts with certain custom wares wont work manually however

Alacres

Post by Alacres » Fri, 31. Aug 18, 21:03

Umm, Cycrow, is there anything You can suggest that there would be done about extracting ships from mods? I know You already updated Texture extracting, but for me it still seems to get stuck in it when extracting ships like from Star Wars Mod. You could try to replicate it in case the problem might be on my end...

adams0061
xr

Post by adams0061 » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 00:51

Cycrow wrote:the scripts themselves should largely work in any version. The plugin manager itself is abit more difficult to get working in Linux.

you could extract any spk files and install them manually. Things like ships, or scripts with certain custom wares wont work manually however
I am just wondering if your cheat pkge would work and if I can install it like you said?

And how would I ectract the .spk file into the X3TC game folder. And I do apologise for all the questions :)
YES I am 56 yrs old, YES I am huddle over my keyboard with only a 25 watt bulb in my desklamp and the feeble light from my monitor lighting my keyboard waiting on the next installment from the X-series. BUUUUUUWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA

stends
x4

Post by stends » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 13:36

Hi, the download link for the installers on http://www.xpluginmanager.co.uk/ do not work. I was wondering when/if/if not it will be back.

Have a good day!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 14:12

make sure you are using the direct link from the first post, and it should work

vivre
x3tc

Post by vivre » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 21:14

Hi Cycrow,

If I install an archive that overwrites vanilla script files, is there a way to get the plugin manager restore the vanilla scripts when I disable/uninstall the archive?

If not, do you have any recommendations for ways to deal with archives that might overwrite vanilla scripts? (e.g. will repackaging them as a .spk work?)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 2. Sep 18, 13:28

it should already work. When you first run the plugin manager, it'll scan the directory and mark all the files as "original" so when you install something that replaces one of these files, then it first backs up the file, then restores it when you uninstall or disable the package.

it should work for both spk files and archives

Alacres

Post by Alacres » Sun, 2. Sep 18, 14:59

Umm am I and the issue I stated before be ignored forever or something? Ehh maybe indeed these forums are too old and no one cares when a newcomer posts....

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”