[SCR] NICE Interface Enhancement (v2.80, 31.12.11)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 00:21

No.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 15:14

Version 2.78 released.

Ships are no longer being destroyed by planets.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Waylander2
x4

Post by Waylander2 » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 09:16

Just saw this sript and thought it would be great.

Installed and setup a hot key for 1 fighter press hot key x3 and it just says "jumpdrive" ... the ship has one and energy cells too.

What did i do wrong?

Thnaks
Waylander

i7 3930K @ 3.20
780GTX DC2
32gb of ram

Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge is limited...!" [Albert Einstein]

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 12:20

I dunno. Maybe if you described the situation and what you are doing?

Waylander2
x4

Post by Waylander2 » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 20:27

Ok will try

I was trying to get one of my ships to jump and attack pirates in another sector, i was in the same sector as my ship. So i was looking at the sector map with the pirates in it and pressed the hotkey for that ship 3 times. Then it says jumpdive and just comes over to where i am.

That make sence?

Also tryed it when i was in another sector from my ship and it crashed the game just after the ship i was trying to get to attack appeared in my sector :o

Thanks
Waylander

i7 3930K @ 3.20
780GTX DC2
32gb of ram

Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge is limited...!" [Albert Einstein]

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 22:00

If the pirates were in another sector, did you lock the pirate ship onto a hotkey?
You certainly weren't able to target it as your cockpit target...

I thought I had explained what qualifies as a target for each command.

Waylander2
x4

Post by Waylander2 » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 07:20

Sorry about that, ok so now i auto pilot onto a pirate in another sector press the hotkey 6x and then the game crashes.

Am i still doing this wrong or is there a conflict with another script?
Waylander

i7 3930K @ 3.20
780GTX DC2
32gb of ram

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 12:13

Hmm. The crashing bit was not on the feature list but if it's reproduceable, it can be fixed.

So far I have seen a few reports that "the script crashes the game" but that alone isn't very helpful for finding the reason why.

Waylander2
x4

Post by Waylander2 » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 18:50

I will try it again this weekend and let you know if it is conflicting with another script.

Cheers
Waylander

i7 3930K @ 3.20
780GTX DC2
32gb of ram

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 20:10

Oh, it might be genuine. This script gets pretty creative with... the way things normally run.
Stuff like that was never tested by ES. I haven't seen a crash yet but that's expected.
As the author know how the script is supposed to be used so it probably doesn't occur to me to use "that" special (harebrained) command combination.

That's why authors shouldn't be allowed to test their own stuff. Or write manuals. OMG never let them write manuals!

marcusdavidus
x2

Post by marcusdavidus » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 21:10

gazz
script do crash game
when :
u
a ) push hotkey to fast many times when u oos where is target
b ) try to use hotkey on not reversed Aran when hes oos
its do work without problems when u dont hit the hotkey to fast
but few times i got hard locks so only reset button helps . first time with X3 /x3tc and always when i try 7 time push oos on true light seeker and on aran . i got gayming keyboard with 60% faster reaction time than normal keyboard so i can push it rly rly fast . if i push like 2 times on /s three is no hangs so faster = hang

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 19:21

I have been able to reproduce a lockup ("retrieve target" on an AI ship from another sector) but I'm not sure why that stopped working.

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Thu, 11. Mar 10, 17:00

Should submit this to bonus pack! :P
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 12:34

I like it.
But I want to remove it for now. So what is the easiest way to do this and removing the hotkey's and such?

It was some time ago I modded X3 but I seem to recall that hotkeys get stuck. Are they stuck in the save or in the global command list?

I am reverting to a save before installing this script but I've saved my new hotkey commands to the command set. Should I remove them from the command set first, then remove the scripts?

-- What I was missing, and possibly a game engine limitation, was the possibility to save a target to hotkey that was not in sector with you but marked on the universe map (in an other sector).

Telling an other ship in an other sector to do something with the sector map open is somewhat cubersome in the original game. It might be I have not yet found the smartes way to give commands.

Cheers and thanks Gazz.

EDIT: Deleted hotkeys and went back to an earlier save. End EDIT
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

Kong
x3tc

Post by Kong » Sat, 24. Apr 10, 12:46

Lieber Gazz.

Great, outstanding! I just programmed my Logitech G13 and play around with NICE.
I love it.
Now I need more USB keyboard extensions in order to complete my cockpit.

Rock'n'Roll.

Thx to people like you my Xperience is a continuing and ever expanding joy.

I owe you one. If you ever happen to come to Vienna, Beer is on me.

Grüsse und die allerbesten Wünsche nach Bayern.
Stop the War on Drugs. It is killing more people than the drugs. Not a single death in history worldwide can be directly related to cannabis, yet in some countries you will be murdered by the state for simple possession. The UN admitted the failure of its repressive measures. Stop the madness, legalize drugs!

IsAB
x3ap

Post by IsAB » Sun, 30. May 10, 23:28

Is there a trick you use to have an owned hot-tabed ship landed in a station OOS trade with that station?

Thanks
-= If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation =-

IsAB
x3ap

Post by IsAB » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 11:37

(I'd edit my previous post but i'd like to bump the thread too)

This is a great script and i'd really love to use it but i've just started a new game and i've allready experienced 3 deaths by planet and a couple of X3 freezeouts in a few game hours.
Freezes seem to have happened when pressing the hotkey very fast but i havent looked too much into it, i'd gladly do any kind of test necessary if that would help Gazz make this awesome script usable.
I'm running X3TC v2.6 btw.
-= If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation =-

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 09:14

running your latest script, my carrier still got destroyed by planet :(

M7 Panther with some fighters in it, got destroyed by planet in split fire, when I try to reassign the hotkey #2 to another ship (pressing 6 times)

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 09:38

and this time, it hang, in the same sector Split Fire, I targetting an enemy ship, calling my Boreos to attack it (press 3 times)

i wondering could it be when the ship is being returned back to its origin place, something what it did being interrupted caused the hang? like maybe the ship is trying to pass through a gate...

Loner87
x3tc

Post by Loner87 » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 20:09

Hi,

I installed NICE sometimes ago (v2.78) but I never been able to use it lol (but I can use many other scripts ;) ). All I understand is that there are 11 hotkeys in the Interface Control menu (Menu and Configuration + objects 1-10).

I hotkeyed the menu key plus 2 object key but I don't understand how you use those hotkeys (ie starting to bind to an object).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”