Transcend II "reloaded" - update March 6, 2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

yes dear
x3tc

Post by yes dear » Wed, 6. Nov 13, 16:29

This is what the downloader is saying ( Unable to Read Data from Transport connection Forcibly Closed by the Remote Host.) Thanks for your Help.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 9. Nov 13, 19:46

I apologize for not getting back with you sooner. I've been rather preoccupied lately. I did just now check, and I am receiving the same error you have. I'll try to find time to fix, and will post here when I have done so. It may be a week or so before I can do this.

Thanks for patience.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Wed, 24. Dec 14, 14:49

The download link's domain has expired. Is there a mirror? I'd really like to give this mod a try.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 23. May 15, 06:08

I received a PM the other day asking if this mod is still available, since the old links no longer work. The mod is still available for download. I suggest you first install the Installer due to how this mod creates a completely new map. I just checked, and everything still works.

The Installer is available here. I have updated the OP link to reflect the correct download link.

Once installed, you should have an icon on your desktop for "t2config". Run the program and press the "Download Full" button. After the download completes, press "Install Full". It will then ask you to browse to the game installation location. Check to see that the mod is selected and you should be good to go.

Note: It has been several years since I have done anything with this mod, and I am no longer supporting it beyond this post.

Thanks.

reheat
x4

No where to be found

Post by reheat » Thu, 28. May 15, 05:02

This site linking is no longer valid. This is no longer available to anyone. Are there people that have this and can upload the file for others to enjoy?

I do wish egosoft would host the files so this doesn't become the norm for files of programs they still sell to the public. Its not like the HD space would be much of an expense.
|Div 0!| ERR

SYS Halt Status NULL

Reboot REQ Pending

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 28. May 15, 16:36

@reheat: I updated the link the other day when I made my previous post and I just checked again. The link works fine for me.

[EDIT] Correction, the link in my previous pose was correct, but apparently I didn't update the OP link - which is now updated and verified.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 31. May 15, 18:44

In case anyone is interested, I decided to revive the old x3dmod forum. I haven't done anything with it since 2011, and likely won't be doing anything there for the time-being, but I thought some of you still involved in X3 modding might find some of the old modding information available there useful.

Slushman

Post by Slushman » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 17:34

I know it's a pretty old mod at this point, but anyone have a working link? I'd love to give it a try.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 18:19

Hello Slushman.
The forum for Transcend is still offline. I have no idea when Observe is going to put it back up. Haven't heard from him in quite a while.

stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

HATANIS
xr

Post by HATANIS » Tue, 11. Aug 15, 19:29

Hello.

Here, a version of the mod, probably the last.

Mythical
x4

Post by Mythical » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 13:55

Hatanis

Thank you for providing a download of Transend 2, really great Mod couldn't find my backup copy from a few years ago. Looking forward to playing it again :D

odin kree

Transcend 2 mod

Post by odin kree » Sun, 12. Aug 18, 15:50

Hey Guys,i really wish that someone, anyone would put a working link to this amazing mod.i mean new people discover the x series of games every day and when they learn about mods they look for them, just like i did,a lot of time and effort was put into this mod and it would be a shame if was left to be forgotten when new players would really like to try it,so someone please if any body even reads these posts anymore put a working link up please please please,it is now 2018 and it is time to revisit this mod for the sake of new players to the xgames.if no link is provided someone e-mail me at terry.< EMail address removed > and mail it to me, ty in advance for your efforts and i want to thank the guys who made this mod for such a amazing effort,but please don't let your work be forgotten.

{It's not a good idea to put an Email address in a public forum. - Terre}

Stu Austin
x4

Re: Transcend 2 mod

Post by Stu Austin » Mon, 13. Aug 18, 02:02

odin kree wrote:Hey Guys,i really wish that someone, anyone would put a working link to this amazing mod.i mean new people discover the x series of games every day and when they learn about mods they look for them, just like i did,a lot of time and effort was put into this mod and it would be a shame if was left to be forgotten when new players would really like to try it,so someone please if any body even reads these posts anymore put a working link up please please please,it is now 2018 and it is time to revisit this mod for the sake of new players to the xgames.if no link is provided someone e-mail me at terry.< EMail address removed > and mail it to me, ty in advance for your efforts and i want to thank the guys who made this mod for such a amazing effort,but please don't let your work be forgotten.

{It's not a good idea to put an Email address in a public forum. - Terre}
Hello. Thanks! I'm Stu Austin, one of the modders who worked on it along with Observe. Observe had the Transcend forum Board with the files coming from an FTP site but problems arose with the board and it had to be shut down permenmatly due to hackers destroying it.
I'll see if I can do something to get it posted somewhere. And see if I can find all of the downloadable files for Transcend 2.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 13. Aug 18, 04:28

Hi Stu. Thanks for responding. Good to see you!

@odin kree: As Stu mentioned, the URL's for downloading the mod are no longer valid. Because this mod is a major departure from the standard game, it requires an installation program for switching between standard and Transcend.

Here is a work-around you can use:

1. Download and install the installer program linked in the opening post of this thread. Note where you install it.

2. Download the mod files here: transcendII.zip

3. Copy the downloaded file (transcendII.zip) to the install program directory 't2Config/mods' (you noted above).

4. Open the file t2ver2.txt in the t2Config directory.

4a. Look for text 'ver_downloaded: 0.0.0'. Change value to 4.0.5
4b. Next line ver_installed: 0.0.0 change value to 4.0.5.

Save file

5. Run t2Config installation program. Don't press buttons 'Check Updates' or 'Download full'.

6. Press button 'Install Full'. Follow instructions.

Run game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To switch back to regular X3TC:

Run t2Config program.

Press 'Standard' button if you want to run the regular game.
Press 'Transcend' button if you want to go back to Transcend game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind it has been years since I played this game and I don't have it on my computer now. The above instructions should work or get you very close to working.

Ideally, I would re-compile the install program along with valid URL's. I don't have time for that.

Thank you for your interest. :)

[EDIT] I'll update the OP to reflect the new instructions sometime in the next few days.

odin kree

Post by odin kree » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 23:02

Thanks Guys SO Much,as soon as i read about this mod i knew i had to have it,i am so glad that u guys who created this amazing mod are still willing to share it i hope u never forget that new players in the future will be wanting this mod as well.

odin kree

mod installation

Post by odin kree » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 16:25

Observe,i tried to install this mod earlier using the install full method posted in this thread,it said it installed but i couldn't run the game so i uninstalled the mod installer,now when i try to follow the instructions u posted i get this message about an account already existing and i cant go any further,how can i fix that?

odin kree

mod install

Post by odin kree » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 17:07

Hey Guys,i tried earlier to install the mod using the download full method described in an earlier post,it said it installed but the game wouldn't run so i deleted the installer,now when i try to install the mod following Observe's directions it says account already exists and i can go no further,is there a way to fix this please?

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 23:09

@odin kree:

I need to know the status of the mod installation. When you say you deleted the installer, did you uninstall through Windows, or did you just delete the folder manually?

The worst that can happen, is if the mod is already installed and you try to install again with a fresh installer. I don't think this happened in your case, because you didn't get the mod files until I gave you the working link the other day.

Just to be sure, please check a couple of your X3TC game folders:

1. Look in X3TC game folder\loadscr. Is there a file named loadscr_old.zip?
2. Look in X3TC game folder\mov. Do any of following exit: orig_00044.pck, orig_00812.dat, orig_00812.dat, t2_00812.dat, t2_00813.dat?

Please let me know what you see.

If those file don't exist, it means the mod never got installed and the issue is easy to remedy. Once I hear back from you, I will attempt to help you sort this out.

odin kree

Transcend 2 mod

Post by odin kree » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 01:07

Observe,all the files u said to look for are there,so what is next?

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 01:25

This means the mod did install. One more check: Do the files transcendII.cat and transcendII.dat exist in the game directory\mods mods folder?

If so, the game should run. Make sure you Select Mod Package at game startup. No need to run the installer again right now. We can get that working later if/when you want to switch back to vanilla game.

If still not working, I'm not sure what to do since I don't have the game to verify. I don't know what the message you encountered "account already exists" refers to.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”