Transcend II "reloaded" - update March 6, 2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

odin kree

mod installation

Post by odin kree » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 03:56

Observe,these files are Not THERE, trandcendII.cat transcendII.dat,i boight the game from GOG and it will be no problem to uninstall then reinstall it and start over with the transcend2 installer and the zip file u linked,please advise on what to do next.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 19:22

Odin: You could start over with fresh install, but it looks like you are almost there. From what I understand, you DO HAVE the mod files in mov and loadscr directories, but you DO NOT have files in the mod directory.

If this is the case, then simply open the transcendII.zip file that you downloaded per my recent link and extract ONLY transcendII.cat and transcendII.dat into the game mod folder.

After that, select transcend mod at game startup and the game should run. Please let me know your results. Thanks.

odin kree

mod installation

Post by odin kree » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 22:34

Observe,i will do that today and let u know the results,and i want to Thank you for taking the time to help me with this,the world would be a better place with more people like you in it.

odin kree

mod install

Post by odin kree » Sun, 19. Aug 18, 23:07

Observe,u rock bro it's working ty ty ty,but 1 question has anyone made a map for this amazing mod?oh and 1 other thing after it said the ttanscend2 mod was loaded it also said xrm mod v1.3 or something like that was also loaded is that normal?

Observe
xr

Re: mod install

Post by Observe » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 01:06

odin kree wrote:...after it said the ttanscend2 mod was loaded it also said xrm mod v1.3 or something like that was also loaded is that normal?
It is not normal. My guess is some other mod has left traces of itself. To what extent if any, this impacts Transcend, I cannot say. It has been too long since I worked on these things, to help you much beyond this point. Best of luck! :)

odin kree

mod install

Post by odin kree » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 17:00

Observe,Thanks bro so far the other mod is not doing negative things,and it is not in the mod selection list from the game launcher ui.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 20:18

@Odin: Good that you have been able to get it to work. :)

tormox
x4

Re: Transcend II "reloaded" - update March 6, 2011

Post by tormox » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 13:29

Is there any current links for the installer and zip files for this mod please?

CRZgatecrusher
x3fl

Post by CRZgatecrusher » Tue, 10. Dec 19, 06:48

I have the 'installer' but it's currently useless (dammit). the site used for hosting the mod is gone so... nothing I can do on my end. if anyone has the zip file for the mod than please put it up or else this will probably never be downloadable again (wow). I've played the mod before and I feel stupid for not keeping the main files lol. or it might be but I doubt it.

EDIT: I have found the dll and the cat file for the mod (yay?). still need to find the rest

what are the scripts and the t files (names). I might have them (as I have found a potential version of the game lol?

edit 2: Apparently the dll files work fine on their own (weird). there are some weird things like your ship's AI not saying the correct name of places (I don't know if that's intentional) and the first cutscene just saying congratulations. it works fine otherwise and is the best we've got for now
Onedrive: (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing) put the mods folder in the install you want to use then select New Horizons as the mod. loadscreens folder is for the new loadscreens the mod puts into the game. just override the files the base game gives you for that.

also if any of the mod devs want me to remove the download link I can do that if you want me to.

ehterami

Post by ehterami » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:56

Hello everyone;
Is there any way to get the .zip file for transcend II reloaded mod? all the links posted in the thread seem to be dead, and the zip file is nowhere to be found, well at least I could not find it anywhere. I've found a version of the installer in gamefront, but it cannot download anything as the website that it tries to download from, no longer hosts the file. does anyone have the zip file?

Many thanks.
.b

CRZgatecrusher
x3fl

Post by CRZgatecrusher » Tue, 11. May 21, 13:51

in my previous post I left a onedrive link to the files for the mod (just stick the mods file in the X3 directory). the loadscreen folder is optional so feel free to use it.

ehterami

Post by ehterami » Sat, 7. Aug 21, 00:37

Dear GateCrusher;
Thanks for the files. I think Transcend II needs a special "mod switcher" binary to changes the ship computer announcements you mentioned. I don't know about any other modifications that the switcher has to perform to properly launch the mod. Is there any one who still maintains the original distribution around?

Many thanks,
.b

CRZgatecrusher
x3fl

Post by CRZgatecrusher » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 06:11

Not that I know of sorry.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”