[SCR] CODEA Weapon System [13th May 2010 X³:TC 3.1.14]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sat, 19. Sep 09, 21:12

this might seem like a silly question..

did you fix the homebase ships being launched when carrier is under attack issue yet?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Sun, 20. Sep 09, 01:14

Lancefighter wrote:did you fix the homebase ships being launched when carrier is under attack issue yet?
I am working on it. Fighters without installed weapons don't defend the carrier. My plan is to remove the weapons of the fighters automatically. But I need some more time. CODEA based on fighters with installed weapons.

Regards
Lucike

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sun, 20. Sep 09, 01:29

Ok, thanks :)

Hangman111
x3fl

Post by Hangman111 » Sun, 20. Sep 09, 01:32

This is a wonderful script and getting better all the time!

However, I hope you will fix the custom command conflicts as well. There are conflicts with 725 (Gazz' compact complex) as well as with a couple of others (Apricotslice's mods). It is much more rational that you do it than all your users having conflicts doing it individually and than redoing it for every update of this script package.

I changed a couple of them by editing the 8014-L044 file as suggested and using the 729 and 730 slots, and that solved the problem of strange missions appearing in the R-display (list of ships and commands). However, I now get messages from unknown that are blank when I ask to see the cute overviews of personnel costs. Neither do I get messages when ships are lost.

So the problem is not simply with the 8014-L044 file I think. And, as I said, I hope you will fix it!

wolfmanpuck
x3tc

Post by wolfmanpuck » Sun, 20. Sep 09, 14:36

Does CODEA have a different combat AI than vanilla fighters? What I mean is, afterall, do the pilots hired to fly my fighters fight any better now that there is a "person" behind the wheel?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 20. Sep 09, 15:55

There are several improvments to the AI. In higher ranks they get advantages in steering and speed. They change their frontlasers to best fit the target. They also try to avoid enemy fire. When attacking capital ships they try to stay distant of the target, but to stay within fire range. If hit too much they try to escape back to the carrier. If their ship gets destroyed, they try to eject ...

so yes, there is a "person" behind the wheel.

------------------------------------------------------

New version just released:

CODEA Weapon System
(Carrier Orbit Defense of Enemy Attack)
(Version 3.beta.25 - September 20th 2009)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> CODEA Weapon System (Version 3.beta.25)
-> Necessary "Libraries" (required !)

Required: X³ Terran Conflict Version 2.1 (not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

20.09.2009 (Version 3.beta.25)
  • Bug Fix: Docked ships of the Commodore didn't have a branch identification.
  • Accompanying carriers added (pay attention to pilot ranks!).
  • Fighters don't shoot missiles immediately after launch anymore. So they won't hit their carrier anymore.
  • The cargo salvager doesn't salvage cargo after salvaging personnel. They fly back to the carrier first to rescue the personell.
  • Missile Frigates fire a mix of different missiles to confuse enemy missile defence.
  • If a pilot uses his ejector seat, he makes sure that his board personnel will leave his ship too.
  • Ore and microchips can now be shared to the carriers ships in the Equipment menu.
  • New in the Codex of Fighter: Cargo Salvager can salvage personnel only.
  • New in the Codex of Battle Group: Homeport for accompanying carriers.
  • New in the Codex of Tender: If possible, tender dock at the carrier.
  • New Hotkey: Menu for all CODEA carriers.
  • Several small Improvements.

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Sun, 20. Sep 09, 17:56

sorry to ask, but I'm somewhat confused in trying to use MEFOS personnel for CODEA. Since there isnt a MEFOS english thread, I'll just ask here.

1. How do you hire MEFOS technicians/engineers?
2. Where do you hire them?
3. how do I use them in relation to CODEA and avoid the turret part of MEFOS to avoid a conflict with MARS.
--

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 20. Sep 09, 18:26

KaZTek wrote:1. How do you hire MEFOS technicians/engineers?
2. Where do you hire them?
If you install MEFOS Weapon System there will be Military Personnel Transports ... some of them are marked with blue text, others with red text. They fly through the universe and dock at random (Argon) Equipmentdocks, Military Outposts and even Company HQ's I think.

Blue means, there is personnel delivered to the target station. Red is an empty transport.

You have to dock at the target station of a blue transporter before it docks itself. As soon as it docks while you are docked, you will be asked if you want to hire personnel and a menu where you can choose will pop up automatically.

If you have the ranks of a fighter chief and federation guardian you will also see a flight plan of every military personnel transporter inside the MEFOS console, so you don't have to search them.

If you don't want to hire the personnel by yourself, you can set a Lieutnant into a TP (as pilot, not just in the cargo bay) and send him to an above mentioned station. If a transporter docks at his station, he will hire every personnel of his own race he can get.

KaZTek wrote:3. how do I use them in relation to CODEA and avoid the turret part of MEFOS to avoid a conflict with MARS.
MEFOS and MARS are developed for compliance. If you don't want to use MEFOS because you use MARS just don't set the MEFOS turret commands of your ships and hire no personnel for them.
MEFOS only cares about turrents on which the MEFOS commands are running.

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 01:02

thank you :D
--

Grizzlor
x4

Post by Grizzlor » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 01:38

I don't think you even need to buy the MEFOS software for your CODEA ships, all you need is to have the scripts installed.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 03:06

Just a note to anyone thinking of using Codea......
Command Slots
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_25 (725)
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_26 (726)
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_27 (727)
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_28 (728)
These command slots conflict with Complex Cleaner, Cbeam and Abeam, and as such, anyone using Complex Cleaner Mod, Apricot Mapping Service Mod and Apricot Merge Mod, or the CBeam/Abeam/DBeam pack, will be unable to use Codea without potential command conflict.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 08:18

... and to avoid that, one has to edit the language file of CODEA to make it use different command slots. (german thread)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 09:02

Lucike is aware of potential conflicts with command slots ... that's why he made them easily changeable, as you can see in jlehtones posting.

Lucike has been asked to change the slots already some times. He didn't do it yet. I guess it's because everyone can change them by himself, conflicts can happen anytime with any slot and he has already quite a lot of work with his scripts and mods.

Anyway, I'll translate the manual for changing the command slots within the next time. Also I will tell Lucike about the problems which Hangman111 discovered after editig his language file, maybe he knows a solution for that.

Regards
Saetan

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 09:10

Of the people I know using my mod or merge mod, most are not capable of doing anything themselves.

It would be better if Lucike could fix this himself.

When the superbox is done, its important that all the major scripts be compatible, or we are going to get a lot of people complaining about commands not working. The superbox will make it a great deal easier to install mods and scripts, so a lot more people will do so than now, I would expect.

Arnt the command slots hardcoded in scripts ? Or has he figured out a way around that ?

If its just a text file change, then I'd suggest you do the change yourself Saetan, and change the download, then get the sticky thread amended.

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 10:25

apricotslice wrote:Just a note to anyone thinking of using Codea......
Command Slots
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_25 (725)
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_26 (726)
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_27 (727)
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_28 (728)
These command slots conflict with Complex Cleaner, Cbeam and Abeam, and as such, anyone using Complex Cleaner Mod, Apricot Mapping Service Mod and Apricot Merge Mod, or the CBeam/Abeam/DBeam pack, will be unable to use Codea without potential command conflict.
Already taken cared of in my T file. Havent tested it yet however. Not much time to get a test-game to carrier/capital play to do so.
--

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 10:26

er....for testing, just script it all in :D

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 10:33

apricotslice wrote:er....for testing, just script it all in :D
I've had funky behavior with scripted ships. Some of them are being possessed over by the GOD engine. Its happened so much even in a vanilla game (with Cycrow's cheat pack) that I've resorted to honest play for testing purposes.

Yes, I'm crazy. I play to test my game.

Other than the tfile command slot change, I dont know what else could be conflicting. As I've said, havent had time to properly test them.

dont you just hate RL 1.0b getting in the way? >_<
--

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 11:01

I did now the translation of the manual for command slot changing. I added it to "Part 3" of this manual, see the first page.

If the description is not clear enough, tell me. The handling of the change itself should also be possible for a beginner.

Because of the encountered problems (by Hangman111) I already sent Lucike a message. If anyone else has problems with the change of command slots, tell me.

@appricotslice
I won't change the command slots for alternate download. I'm doing the translation, while command slots are base functionallity. Don't know if this is a good solution, if there are multiple versions ... bug-hunting and so on.

If you like to do that, as you wrote in a personal message, please talk about it with Lucike himself. It's his script, not mine.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 11:03

I've tried once to contact Lucike and never got a response.

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 12:16

EDIT:
Lucike's replied to my message. According to him, Saetan is supposedly to post on a solution.
--

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”