[SCR] CODEA Weapon System [13th May 2010 X³:TC 3.1.14]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 22. Jul 17, 18:16

Which post are you referring to, Mu_4? In my explanation I didn't wrote anything about visiting a website and you do not need to understand German to follow my explanation.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Sun, 23. Jul 17, 02:45

Which post are you referring to, Mu_4? In my explanation I didn't wrote anything about visiting a website and you do not need to understand German to follow my explanation.
I think Mu was referring to my post Illuminatus
I don't know if its Lucike or someone else,but someone did some fixes for a number of his scripts last year on his website here (use google translate if you don't understand German) https://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?o ... &Itemid=62
Last edited by CloneSargaent on Fri, 4. Aug 17, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

Mu_4

Post by Mu_4 » Sun, 23. Jul 17, 20:45

Yeah sorry about that X2-Illuminatus I am kind of new to the forum so when I checked what the response was CloneSargaent's Response from before showed up. Thank you for the help the mod seems to be working now.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 15:49

Dang, the link for my other posts is for CODEA weapon base(CODEA Waffenstützpunkt on the website) sorry about that, i have fixed the links to the proper CODEA page(CODEA Waffensystem on the website), its still in german so use google translate or translate plugin thing on chrome.

Direct link to download all you have to is click the download button on the page:
CODEA weapon system Version 3.3.12

firefightervf06
x3tc

mars turrets and missile firing

Post by firefightervf06 » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 22:45

I have two things I'm having problems with. I have 4 large battlegroups going now and love it. 1st problem though is I've noticed my fighters aren't using the MARS turret functions. I buy my fighters completely setup minus missiles through the yolandis script or however it's spelled so MARS is already in it. I turned it on manually for every fighter plus the missile defense manually. I check in on them and half aren't using missile defense and the probability is set to 5 or 0. I fixed it all manually and look back and half are undone again. Is the carrier doing this and does it control the missile probability? Are they still using the missiles? Because when I check their freight it doesn't look like it, and they're getting annihilated. This is OOS also.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 00:26

I don't know if your running vanilla or not but I have never seen ships (in general) use missiles OOS or never seen work well OOS all that often. But maybe it might work properly with one of the scripts that improves OOS combat. I have ever tried using CODEA OOS, don't like the combat in OOS and the fact that emergency jump doesn't work. I feel that CODEA works better IS than OOS unless you can afford the loses. If you want a solid OOS defense get an M2 or a few with the best fire power and you should be good.

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 02:39

Thanks, I'm not running vanilla. I had thought that between the MARS mod and this it'd use missiles effectively.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 03:50

Well MARS is great for any ship that isn't a m5,m4,m3, or m7m and that goes for IS and OOS. CODEA does use most its given missiles effectively(imo). Its just OOS doesn't favor missiles at all, rule of thumb in OOS(unmodded) is FIREPOWER and NUMBERS.

An example of this is I had a Ray in XTC move to the near center of a sector so that when Kha'ak ships that sometimes pour out the east gate, will come at it in straight line allowing it to take the fastest and weakest one at time. Number of Kha'ak ships range from like 20 to 30 with at least 2 m1s(fighters deployed), 3 m7s, and 8 m6s. My Ray can kill almost all of the ships but sometimes needs to jump to the next sector regenerate its shields. But if the Kha'ak fleet bunches up to attack some civillian ship or rrf, that now stacked fleet can murder my Ray, they still lose some their ships but not nearly as much as before.

Anyway the morale of the story is don't use CODEA or any Carrier script(imo) OOS unless you have the money.

Edit#1:XTC is kinda bad example because missiles do work OOS they just work weirdly or like lasers idk, haven't experimented alot with missiles in OOS in XTC but I've seen 3 m7ms with 3 m6s nearly clear out a sector.

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 11:02

Ok, thanks. So just don't count on missiles unless in sector then lol. My second problem is my replenishment tender. I have fighters waiting at the home base with pilots in them fully setup and it won't go get them. It shows it has orders, plenty of jump fuel, a captain for the pilot just to make sure that wasn't it, and it just follows the M1 along doing nothing but wasting my money lol. Any ideas?

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 14:16

Well I've never used replenishment tenders nor had the urge to try them after i saw how stupidly CODEA resupply tenders work (not jumping, traversing enemy sectors, etc.). But I am not surprised that it doesn't work. So I have stuck normal tenders that work properly and using CLS2 to resupply them or my carrier. Your going to have jump to where replacement fighters are or have fast a TL with a large hanger space like the elephant, replace them manually.

EDIT#1: Take look at page 4, I think it might solve your replenishment tender problem.

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 05:16

Yes I've also noticed that the resupplying tender will not hold jumpdrive energy like it's supposed to. I've even manually taken control and put in a few thousand e-cells that will last a while but soon enough there it is wandering around like an idiot.

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 05:26

So if I have new fighters outfitted the exact same sitting at my EQ Dock why won't my RepT pick them up? I even went and put pilots in them. And the RepT shows he has orders for those exact ships.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 19:27

Are you up to date with your CODEA and the libraries? Checked the change logs of CODEA on Lucike's website and looks like he did some fixes for RepTender. If not, I posted the link several posts up. That might fix your problem or it might not, have not seen a lot of people getting the Rep and Resupply tenders besides the normal tender working as intended. I MIGHT look into seeing IF I can fix it myself, but no guarantees.

Mates31cz
x4

Post by Mates31cz » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 14:00

Hi i have problems with setting up figters, as Carrier im use Argon Cerberus and Fighters 10 Argon Elite. Im hire 10 Lieutenant but when im trz tro transfer to Elite nothing happen. Personal Administration -> Transfer Pilot -> Transfer pilot to cocpit -> im Choinse one of pilot -> and then list of ship dont apear. its Jump back to Transfer Option.

https://i.imgur.com/dVtEAqi.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Y9jQIs5.jpg

Edit: Removed img-tags from oversized images. Please see forum rules for allowed sizes. X2-Illuminatus

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 15:14

Well in your screenshot with the Elite is that the equipment the has Elite or the what your has Cerberus?(Can't tell if its the cargo exchange menu)

If it is the Elite has all that equipment it is stated in the oringal post that:
Forbidden Equipment
Certain systems identify a fighter as a personal player ship and CODEA will not assign this ship to any fighter hangar. In addition the fighter equipment option can’t be used to equip player ships.

Boost extension
SETA
Video enhancement goggles
If any of the equipment listed above is installed on ANY ship CODEA will not work on said ship unless its a player carrier(could only work with just carriers but I have not played in few months)

Mates31cz
x4

Post by Mates31cz » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 15:51

Nice tnx for help

Deniskos
x4

Post by Deniskos » Tue, 9. Jan 18, 16:46

Thanks for the great work.
Last edited by Deniskos on Wed, 25. Jul 18, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

Corbid
x3tc

Bombers won't launch missiles

Post by Corbid » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 09:32

I really want a wing of Gladiator bombers on my carrier but I can't get them to attack.
They have all the prerequisites required and launch using the Bombard command but they just fly to a position and then orbit it. If their target is destroyed they return to the carrier.

Going into the command console shows their foward turret is being controlled by CODEA and I have put them in hammer formation in the code of conduct.
They each have 18 tomahawks.

At a loss of what to do next...

For completeness each of the four bombers have:
1 Lieutenant
1 Mechanic
1 Technician
1 Scientist (I think an older version needed this)
Fight Software I & II
Nav Software
Cargo Life Support
Docking Computer
18 Tomahawks
2 PRG in rear turret set to missile defense

I am also running XRM, Enhanced Briefings and Bounce.

iqcomet
x3tc

Codea replenish tender command is grey out

Post by iqcomet » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 10:36

Hi, there
I am using X3TC XTC mod, got a Codea Fleet, everything is good, except the replenish tender, I tried EQ Dock, Shipyard, Spacedock as Homebase for an TM equip with the require software, and put fighter in the station, but still command is grey?
any ideas? thx

dolmastar

Post by dolmastar » Sun, 20. May 18, 22:10

TL;DR: "no suitable ships issue"

Hi all,

I recently found out about the X Universe, bought X3:TC+AP, and just loved it for its complexity and depth. Soon enough got into mods but avoided CODEA because it just seemed too complicated. Anyhow, later downloaded that too, figured out the basics, and immediately came to the conclusion that this a critical mod for my playstyle.

However, this "no suitable ships found" thing just drives me crazy. I scanned the last 10-15 pages here but couldn't find anything related.

Anybody willing to share ideas? Greatly appreciated!

Some notes: the fighters have pilots, some follow the carrier and some are docked (just for variety, was hoping maybe CODEA would recognize some if not all), they all have at least one weapon, no forbidden equipment is installed, also did a clean install of both the games and the mods. Deleted all the other mods, only have "Waffensystem..", the lib zip, Lucike's scripts and also the cheat script (to test CODEA fast).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”