[SCRIPT] Military Base Response revamp v2.16 [2011-10-27]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

chronicon
x3ap

Post by chronicon » Fri, 1. Nov 13, 17:29

just how do you use the recon com link its active on defence but there no menu appearing when i click it and when i use universe map then secter with a military base i select the base hit ecs button and nothing happens

Eightball Maniac
x3tc

Post by Eightball Maniac » Fri, 1. Nov 13, 22:16

The recon uplink functionality is described in the first post. There's no menu for it.

For the ECS to function you need to be in the same sector as the military outpost, as with standard communications. Target it and press the hotkey to bring up the menu.

slith
x3tc

Post by slith » Fri, 10. Jan 14, 17:26

Sooo, how exactly do you activat the xenon emissary mode? When I hail a Military Base i get the race specific option to side with them.. but there are no Xenon Stations you can hail with ECS...

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Sat, 11. Jan 14, 22:55

There are xenon stations in the xenon sectors,
thats where to trigger the xenon emissary mode :)

Geckomeister
x3tc

Post by Geckomeister » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 16:43

Dont know if anyone is out there, but how do you get the Galactic News system up?

I have installed all the required mods using the Plugin manager, but when I look under Options>Interfaces.....no Galactic News Service hot-key option.

Any idea's?

Cheers
Gecks
Cheers
Gecks

Geckomeister
x3tc

Post by Geckomeister » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 10:47

I figured out where the Galactic news was but have one more question. :)

How do I use the Extended command system at the Military station to enable me to call in reinforcements into a sector?
Cheers
Gecks

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Wed, 21. Jan 15, 00:11

I know this thread is old, but I saw a few people asking about AP.

FWIW, I've been using this with latest X3 AP, with "TC Plots for AP" installed.

It *seems* to be working OK. The only thing that I don't see anymore are Xenon MIgrations. Additionally, I had to up the Xenon multiplier token to 10x to get them to actually represent a threat. Xenon do seem to be consistently taking, but not always holding on to, the sectors that border their space.

I turned invasions off for Boron, and invading Pirate sectors off for everyone except Xenon, otherwise Pirates, even with "Insane" pirate guild settings, got obliterated.

There are still a couple oddities which I can't be entirely sure aren't intended, or because I'm using AP, or because I'm also using TC Plots for AP. Namely, as I said, Xenon Migrations seem to no longer exist. Secondly, Kha'ak invasions are pretty rare, much more rare than vanilla TC, but they do still happen. Thirdly, the Xenon needed insane reinforcements (raised the multiplier from 2x to 10x) to actually be able to defend their sectors and push outward. I'm thinking of making it 20x tonight to see if they actually start grabbing multiple sectors.

But anyway, MBRR does seem to function in AP. It hasn't broken anything that I'm aware of, though unfortunately neither the Yaki nor Pirates (yaki armada / pirate guild) seem to be doing much of anything. Racial fleets are definitely active - there is a constant back/forth between commonwealth and Xenon sectors.

Bozz13
x3ap

Post by Bozz13 » Thu, 19. Feb 15, 12:55

any way to give more fighters to carriers ?

pgfujg

Post by pgfujg » Fri, 10. Apr 15, 12:11

I've gone through the instructions carefully and followed all the leads in the thread so far. But this still freezes when I try to enter the config menu. It's unusable for now.

CyberFoxx
x4

Post by CyberFoxx » Sat, 26. Sep 15, 18:29

For those having problems getting the ECS portion of this script working (Along with maybe other features), it might be because of a slight oversight when installing it.
  • Install the script
    Start up game
    Use hotkey to open the Plugin Configurations dialog
    Select "Military Base revamp" (Might take a bit while it does the initial setup)
    Once the dialog opens, and this is the important part, hit "Install/update". (This is the part that I was getting hung-up on. I didn't actually realize that this was needed. After taking a quick peek at the scripts, it's actually needed.)
    Go ahead and change your settings
    Hit "Save options"
    And you are done!

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 23:58

Hi,
Does anyone have a download link of Military Base Response revamp spk (or zip) and No Station Wrecks.
OP download links are down.

Thanks.
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

drowningfly
x4

Post by drowningfly » Fri, 2. Oct 15, 15:35

I too was looking for a download link.

A quick search found one here.

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Sun, 4. Oct 15, 14:57

drowningfly wrote:I too was looking for a download link.

A quick search found one here.
Thank you for the link. I think, I need a pair of glasses, because I did look at that site so many times :D
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

VonK

Post by VonK » Wed, 21. Oct 15, 15:09

Sorry for the resurection of this thread but I searched everywhere to find a good MBRR configuration for a heavily modded game (XRM, MARS, CODEA, Pirate 3, Yaki Armada + many more). I dont want major battles to be placed in the scenario I am running just some skirmishes here and there.

Tnx in advance

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Mon, 28. Nov 16, 01:56

VonK wrote:Sorry for the resurection of this thread but I searched everywhere to find a good MBRR configuration for a heavily modded game (XRM, MARS, CODEA, Pirate 3, Yaki Armada + many more). I dont want major battles to be placed in the scenario I am running just some skirmishes here and there.

Tnx in advance
I'm using TC Plots for AP, CODEA, Pirate Guild 3, Improved Kha'ak 2 and some others (but not XRM).

What I find are nice, "vanilla-safe" settings, that don't generally bother plots is:

* Set all race relations to their vanilla defaults, which is:
> Boron/Split Grudge
> Argon/Paranid Grudge
> Argon/Boron Allied
> Xenon hate all
> All else can by Default or Neutral
* Do NOT allow "Takeover" of pirate sectors
* Do NOT allow a general's death to make a sector turn pirate
* Do NOT allow "Core" sector takeovers

If you do this, the core sectors never change hands, and the commonwealth vs xenon fights are largely limited to those sectors where they border Xenon sectors. Occasionally you will the Xenon take a border sector, and inevitably it gets taken back very quickly.

I was able to complete all TC plots with the above settings, though they were far more difficult with PG3 and MBRR, because the pirate sectors were infested with pirates and traveling through Xenon-bordering sectors was a lot more dangerous.

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Sat, 11. Mar 17, 22:43

So I think I have discovered a bug.

When ships managed by this mod try to jump to a sector, they attempt to jump to a random gate (as opposed to using the built-in jumping function). I suppose this was done so that attacking ships get surrounded as opposed to all coming from the same gate.
The problem is that in Terran space, they don't account for the fact that you can't jump to trans-orbital accelerators. Thus, they try to jump to a trans-orbital accelerator, which of course doesn't work, and they just sit there.

If you have been seeing a large number of Terran USC ships just sitting around doing nothing in Terran space, I think this is your bug.

I will upload a bugfixed version of the jump script (and I'll even have add the capability of jumping to a jump beacon while I am at it).

EDIT: Ok, here is the fix. Download into the scripts/ folder (or addon/scripts for AP)
ThisIsHarsh, feel free to integrate these changes into the main mod.
You will need to go to the Military Base revamp settings page (either from the community configuration menu) hit "Install/Upgrade" for the fix to take effect.
What that does is to "reset" all the ships that are erroneously thinking they are in transit (but are actually just sitting there), and make them get a new job again, and thus run the updated scripts.

plugin.mbase.jump.randomgate.xml:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B80_E ... XpLMktQZzQ
plugin.mbase.job.defend.xml:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B80_E ... UZNTzBjODQ

For the details of what I did:
plugin.mbase.jump.randomgate:
* now checks to see if the gate is jumpable in addition to checking to see if it exists
* if it cannot find any jumpable gate, it will try to just jump to the sector normally, in the off chance there is a jump beacon in the sector

plugin.mbase.job.defend:
* now checks the return value from plugin.mbase.jump.randomgate, if it is null (meaning the jump did not succeed), it now falls back to just issuing a move command

Hakilen
x3tc

Post by Hakilen » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 05:38

Can some kind soul please upload the latest version of MBRR (2.16) on any file sharing site and share a link?

All the links in this thread (in the opening post and previous few pages) are dead.

I did find a version of MBRR on xdownloads.co.uk, but the version hosted there (2.13) is outdated.

Thanks in advance! :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 10:29

The file on xdownloads is the current version. When you hit the download button, you'll see that the file name contains the version identifier "V2.16".
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Hakilen
x3tc

Post by Hakilen » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 15:21

Thanks very much X2-Illuminatus!

I actually remember clicking download on the file hosted on xdownloads last night but didn't notice the version number in the file name and didn't save it, assuming it was an older version. :? First clear sign of totally losing my marbles. :o

Sure enough, the version is right in the file name and it's the latest one!

Thanks a lot! :)

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Sun, 30. Apr 17, 03:17

Ok, so since Military Base Revamp and Albion Prelude try to do many of the same things, they conflict pretty heavily.

I've taken it upon myself to resolve these conflicts, and update with new features while I am at it.

EDIT: Not true anymore! Please note, in getting this to be compatible with AP, it now requires AP; sorry about that. If you hate the war stuff, there are good mods that will disable the war (I am using TC plots in AP personally).

EDIT: Actually it was pretty easy to make a TC compatible version. Updated the link with a dual-game spk; make sure to select the right game upon installation.

Please note, I have not tested nor investigated the interaction of AP's war logic with Military Base Revamp's invasion or sector takeover features; please let me know how that goes.

To get these changes, you will need to press "Install/Update" in the config menu.

EDIT: 3.01 - Fixes a trivial issue where the Argon Drone Interceptor from DCS2 was not included in the blacklist

MilitaryBaseResponseRevamp-V3.01-30.04.2017.spk:
<link removed, this version was broken, see below for 3.02>

Anyways, here are the changes:
  • * Fixed an issue where it would fail to send ships to sectors that couldn't be jumped to (like Terran sectors), leading to ships just accumulating (this is the same issue and fix I posted earlier in this thread)
    * Fixed an issue where if a ship fails to jump, it may just stay in one place forever (this fix is NOT retroactive, to apply the fix to already stuck ships, you will need to manually run the script "plugin.mbase.DEBUG.unstick.move.stay". I may add an option to run this script in the config menu in a future version.
    * Made Military Base revamp work along side, instead of conflict with Rapid Response Fleets
    * Greatly expanded the Recon logic, integrating vanilla AP's scouting logic with mbase's, and even a special surprise for one to discover for themselves ;)
    * Made Military Base revamp fleet emergency jump if needed
    * Made ships "owned" by carriers set their home to their owned carrier. (1)
    * Added the ability to turn of prestige naming without turning off prestige scoring (so you can get rid of those pesky "{A}" suffixes or similar). This also makes this script not conflict with other scripts that try to rename ships (like LIFE)
    * Updated the ship type blacklist with a bunch of new entries (2)
(1) This was supposedly turned off because G.O.D. rebuilt ships with a home regardless of their "disable ship rebuild" status, but I haven't noticed any issues with it. Let me know if you see large numbers of loose ships trying to get back to their homes (you can tell if it is a ship spawned by this script if their home is set to something like "Argon Federal" or "Boron Navy" or "Xenon Auxiliary" or similar such "jobs" that are not in the vanilla jobs.
(2) New entries include, but are not limited to
  • * All vanilla "UNDEFINED" ships that have a race attached to them
    * The OTAS Sirokos (due to its general uselessness in the hands of NPCs because NPCs don't generally try to board ships)
    * The ATF Valhalla (due to general gargantuanness and overpoweredness)
    * The drones of Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2)
    * Orbital Weapons Platforms (including the ones from Lucike's orbital weapons platform mod) (many were already blacklisted, but some were missed)
If you don't have any of the listed mods, that's fine. All that will do is blacklist an "unknown" ship type ID, which is harmless.
Last edited by TechSY730 on Mon, 8. May 17, 05:21, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”