[SCRIPT] Auto Prep Ships v1.3 [2010-09-24]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 21:52

lordmuck wrote:Most excellent :) MY mistake was not having a ship as a proxy, on this subject would fright drones work ? say I had 10 freight drones would be better than 1 / 2 m3's ? what would be the best idea ?

Thanks a lot

PS currently my magnatar(SP?) is using 1 m3 to supply 3 mystrals but it has to jump out and in for each mystral. Still good idea and works but its a shame it does not get 3 of X part (as its 3 mystrals). this is why I ask about the fright drones anyway

thanks again for a cool script / mod
I dont know anything about the freight drones, if they are just like normal ships then yeah they should work. Try it and let me know what happens!

Like I mentioned, this script is perhaps the most complex script I've written. I designed it to be as intelligent as possible (which of course just means more things can go wrong)...

You can add more than one supply drone proxy ship. If you assign more Supply ships then it will use them as well so it has to make less trips. Like I say, I always used Argon Discoverers, since they carry M-class cargo (so can equip jumpdrives), are realllly cheap.

You can add multiple target ships, all in different sectors if you want.

You can run the command even once fully equipped to re-equip with ammo etc - the Auto prep ship will only perform the functions it needs to.

Plus of course the AL option for Repair Laser fabs. A Magnetar equipped with Repair lasers running this script is a salvagers wet dream. I think there is even a command that appears to "Add all damaged ships" to the target list if you enable the "Repair" task option.
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 00:38

About the freight drones....

Well if we use the "ships docked here" as we do for the docked m3's our proxy, the drones are not listed and do nothing :(

I am also having a problem with my magnatar(SP?) and its docked m3 to get me the 4x25Mj shields for each mystral. The mystrals and the TM all docked at the argon shipyard near Otas HQ where I purchased the ships from. The software is in stalled on all ships using your mod (im sure 2 of the mystrals are anyway) still waiting for guns and shields yet the TM doesn't want to work seems like he is on strike lol. Does this script/mod need satellites in sectors for it to work? does is automatically search all stations without the need of satellites for required needs ? or just the sectors discovered (I did cheat that already to "discover all sectors")

so i assume the freight drones do not work like a normal ship/ the script/mod does not seem to detect them

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 03:09

lordmuck wrote:About the freight drones....

Well if we use the "ships docked here" as we do for the docked m3's our proxy, the drones are not listed and do nothing :(

I am also having a problem with my magnatar(SP?) and its docked m3 to get me the 4x25Mj shields for each mystral. The mystrals and the TM all docked at the argon shipyard near Otas HQ where I purchased the ships from. The software is in stalled on all ships using your mod (im sure 2 of the mystrals are anyway) still waiting for guns and shields yet the TM doesn't want to work seems like he is on strike lol. Does this script/mod need satellites in sectors for it to work? does is automatically search all stations without the need of satellites for required needs ? or just the sectors discovered (I did cheat that already to "discover all sectors")

so i assume the freight drones do not work like a normal ship/ the script/mod does not seem to detect them
No it doesnt sount like freight drones would work... though it would make sense to make use of them, perhaps more so than other shiptypes.

And I thnk you, and perhaps others, have the wrong idea here.

When it comes to ammo/shields/missiles/etc - those things must already be in the cargo bay of the Auto prep carrier, or else available at the "Fetch equipment from" selected ship. It does not go out purchasing equipment. The acquisition of equipment is left for you to sort out, either from your complexes, or perhaps a complementary script (e.g. my Manual Trade Extension). This was never intended as a trade script, beyond the necessity of having to go out and purchase the software/tech upgrades. The idea is that you already have a stockpile of equipment you can use to equip your target ship(s) with.
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 14:36

ah I see, shame though. I think a lot of people would love it you upgraded this mod further so they:

1, use freight drones (would be cool seeing them fly about)

2, get the TM's or even another type of cargo ship to use the drones to buy shields and weapons using
a) satellite networks

b) they scan in the background like using the universal best buy script (AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE STATIONS LISTED what I mean is using the discover all sectors cheat).

Thus the TM/ or other freighter would hop over to that DISCOVERED already sector send the drones out each drone can carry X number of weapons and shields at one time, the drones dock keeping the goods on them?. The TM/freighter jumps back to the location of the ship in need for upgrades IF 2 ships are in this sector then 2 drones (if they can carry all the goods) undock and transfer the goods.

For bigger ships that 1 drone can not carry all the goods in one go then for example 5-10 drones undock

This is just an idea / what I would like :P

Having said all this, your script still works of course. As I use universal best buy I can send out the TM to buy X weapons X shields then (re-apply the order of "start"?)

sorry if I sounded like I am whining but I see a lot of potential in your script / mod

marco01

Post by marco01 » Fri, 21. May 10, 08:18

nm

Bluebird26
x4

Deutsche T-File

Post by Bluebird26 » Sun, 4. Jul 10, 16:46

Hab jetzt selber die deutsche t-File Geschrieben. Wer sie haben will, soll sich melden.

Grüße :lol:

Steve5845
x3tc

Post by Steve5845 » Tue, 10. Aug 10, 06:14

I love the concept of this mod but I can't, for the life of me, get it to work! My mod list reads like a phonebook so that might be a problem.

Does anybody know of another mod like this that I can try? I tried supply command software but that is not what im looking for. 1 ship at a time sucks.

If anyone knows which mods cause conflicts or just wants me to list the ones I'm using let me know!

I appreciate the help!

-steve

I'm running 2.7.1 and the TM picks up 4 unsoftwared no rudder, cargo, engine tuning, Novas, and takes them to an argon eq dock where the novas fly back and forth between eq and TM, not buying anything. I have no supply ship assigned cause they can dock just fine. I have a fetch ts with all guns they need, but they haven't touched it.

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Tue, 10. Aug 10, 20:54

Hi,

I had the same problem with this script. Dont get it work.
I use a little enhanced version of LV's Upgrade Kits (JDK)
Here the Link of the original Mod:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=220579

In my version you can choose upgrades for Fighters, Traders, Single Jumpdrive, Lifesupport System, Transporter Device, and Full Tunings.

If you need I can send you a link to my version. But I must translate the enhancements first into english.

CU Thalon

Steve5845
x3tc

Post by Steve5845 » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 07:15

Thalon, that would make you my hero if you could do that for me:) I use the regular version of that mod, but your features would make my life so much easier:)

Thanks a ton!

-steve

p.s. does full tunings include cargo bay?

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 13:41

Hi,

yes it includes full cargospace upgrade.

Ok I have translated the new parts now into english.

I will send you a PM with the Link

CU Thalon

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Tue, 17. Aug 10, 11:39

@ThalonMook: Can you send the link to me too?

Thanks

Chaos565
x4

Post by Chaos565 » Thu, 19. Aug 10, 04:41

ok this script is great, but im having trouble with it since the instructions just arnt clear enough for me :(

i wanna FULLY equip 3 different types of ships:
2 M3 class ships
and 1 M4 class ship

5 Scimatar
5 Cutlass
and 10 Kopesh (these are from Cadius' xtra ships pack)

i am flying a Hakata (another ship from the same ship pack)
and i have all the possible items needed to equip ALL the ships with the necessary items (shields, software i think, and guns) i wanna know how do i order my ship to equip all my docked ships to be equipped with shields and guns
""Sometimes I feel like a prophet, misunderstood,
under the gun like a new disease""

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 19. Aug 10, 07:33

Chaos565 wrote:ok this script is great, but im having trouble with it since the instructions just arnt clear enough for me :(

i wanna FULLY equip 3 different types of ships:
2 M3 class ships
and 1 M4 class ship

5 Scimatar
5 Cutlass
and 10 Kopesh (these are from Cadius' xtra ships pack)

i am flying a Hakata (another ship from the same ship pack)
and i have all the possible items needed to equip ALL the ships with the necessary items (shields, software i think, and guns) i wanna know how do i order my ship to equip all my docked ships to be equipped with shields and guns
Hmm, OK, I'm away from my X3TC PC right now, but I'll see if I can remember.
  1. First thing to do is start the command "Auto prep ships" which brings up the menu.
  2. Select which tasks you want done (repair, configure, etc). In your case I think you want to enable equip and upgrade, and possibly configure as well for turret/gun configuration.
  3. Add the target ships to the target ship list.
  4. As long as all ships can physically dock at the carrier you're using (Hakata) you don't need any supply ships and can skip this step. You can have more target ships than can dock at once and the carrier will make multiple runs.

If you have ships that cannot physically dock then you will have to assign at least one spare dockable ship as a supply drone (Argon Discoverers are good).

All this is requried for the 'upgrade' phase (software, jumpdrive, etc), where ships are ferried around to different docks to buy upgrades.
  5. Choose a template ship that has all the upgrades and weapon configuration you want for the target ships.
  6. Select "copy from template ship" under the upgrades section of the menu.
  7. Configure the rest of the options of what you want to upgrade
Hope this helps. I think basically once you assign a template ship all the menu options become available and should be fairly self-expanatory.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I acknowledge that both the OP description and the in-game help is rather lacking, especially for such a complex script. I keep meaning to get around to coding some better in-game help/error messages.

Chaos565
x4

Post by Chaos565 » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 08:48

ok i tried that and its actually working just fine BUT... i noticed my ship just going around flying sector to sector "Shopping" what exactly is going on? i started the auto prep in Getsu Fune and im now practically in the Malstrom probably (not too sure just over-guesstimating) what do i do? do i leave it? or start changing some settings?
""Sometimes I feel like a prophet, misunderstood,
under the gun like a new disease""

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 16:29

Chaos565 wrote:ok i tried that and its actually working just fine BUT... i noticed my ship just going around flying sector to sector "Shopping" what exactly is going on? i started the auto prep in Getsu Fune and im now practically in the Malstrom probably (not too sure just over-guesstimating) what do i do? do i leave it? or start changing some settings?
"Shopping" means that the carrier is ferrying the target ships around so they can buy upgrades. I highly recommend equiping a jumpdrive and setting autojump on (in your ship's command console), along with an appropriate jumpdrive fuel resupply quantity, etc. That way the carrier will automatically refuel as necessary and jump from sector to sector, ferrying the target ship(s) to different docks to buy upgrades.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 19:05

Update v1.3

:arrow: Added a log, displayed in the command preload menu, which should help inform you of issues arising.

:arrow: Bunch of minor fixes, mostly going way back to last year some time I can't remember.

:arrow: Updated OP with infinitely more descriptive info.

Please let me know how it goes with the log feedback. Personally I've used this plugin extensively. But, like many of you, I came across multiple occasions when it appears to just stop without warning.

Every single time I spent ages looking through the scripts to find the 'bug', and every single time it was just that the carrier didn't have enough of a ware, or couldn't find an upgrade for sale, or something.

Hopefully the new log will fix this issue by telling you why the command stopped before completing its task. If not, please let me know and I will add more logging at the sensitive parts.

Nazzet

Post by Nazzet » Thu, 30. Sep 10, 05:09

Thx for the mod. I really like the idea of this mod, but I just got this and still trying it out.

I got a problem. When I run the "auto prep ship" command, it crashes my game before the menu shows up. I will explain how it happen below.

1. I was trying to equip 4 blastclaw with a magnetar. 3 blastclaw have all lasers equiped and the 4th one need 3 more lasers.
2. Docked all 4 ships on it, set all the settings and started the prep ship command.
3. All went well, ships got turnings and upgrades.
4. The magnetar dock at the equipment dock and the command was terminated
5. Logging says it does not have enough lasers and shields to equip the ship onboard, but there are shields and lasers available within 3 sectors range
7. I manually buy shields and lasers. When I got enough shields on the TM, I run the command again and the shields did transfer to the blastclaws. Command terminated again.
8. I try to do the same with lasers. Got the lasers, run the command and the game will crash before the menu shows up. It crashes the game even after I've restarted the game.

I'm sorry if it would be any help on the bug hunting, but any thought on why is this happening, or was it a known issue somehow? Thanks again for this mod and I really like your Military base revamp mod as well.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 30. Sep 10, 11:12

Thanks for the feedback, very descriptive.

Indeed this script does not purchase equipment. It is left to the player to provide that. There are just too many options, e.g. if they player produces their own, or wants to wait for a better price, or just buy now at any price, or wait til there are enough in the galaxy, or whatever. That's why I recommend Manual Trade Extension as a complement to this plugin.

Anyway, somewhat more serious, crashing... Are you saying that you open the ships command console, hit the "Auto prep ships" command, then usually the preload menu shows up and you can configure the command before you run it. But instead, whenever you run the command, the preload menu doesn't show up and instead your game freezes? And does it freeze or does it crash to desktop?

Nazzet

Post by Nazzet » Thu, 30. Sep 10, 16:55

ThisIsHarsh wrote:Thanks for the feedback, very descriptive.

Indeed this script does not purchase equipment. It is left to the player to provide that. There are just too many options, e.g. if they player produces their own, or wants to wait for a better price, or just buy now at any price, or wait til there are enough in the galaxy, or whatever. That's why I recommend Manual Trade Extension as a complement to this plugin.

Anyway, somewhat more serious, crashing... Are you saying that you open the ships command console, hit the "Auto prep ships" command, then usually the preload menu shows up and you can configure the command before you run it. But instead, whenever you run the command, the preload menu doesn't show up and instead your game freezes? And does it freeze or does it crash to desktop?
Ah I see, I thought it would get lasers and shields automatically too. Still this mod is very helpful.

I could not tell whether it's freezing or crashing, so I'd just describe it. I'm using windows 7 and once I click on "auto prep ship", before I could see the menu, the game would freeze and then a message from Microsoft windows would pop up and say "X3TC has stopped working" and it's checking for a solution that will never be delivered.

I have 1 impulse ray emitter and 2 fragmentation bomb launchers to be delivered to blastclaw #4 (other 3 blastclaw are fully equiped). My TM was docked into a light weapon complex when I run the "auto prep ship" command. I tried to run the command when the TM is in space too, but without luck.

if you need any more info, I'll gladly provide. May be I should try reinstall this mod.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 30. Sep 10, 17:46

OK, CTD (crash to desktop), what you are experiencing, is almost never caused by a script. If a script is broken 90% of the time the game will freeze and become unresponsive, but will not 'crash' in the typical sense. So its likely there is some corrupt object that the menu script is trying to access. Hmm.

What is the status of your template ship (i.e. ship type, is it still alive, is it your personal ship, etc)?

You could try getting another Magnetar and trying with that, see if you can open the menu and then repeat the equipping process.

This is a baffling issue. If all else fails, perhaps you could send me a savegame?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”