[SCRIPT] Auto Prep Ships v1.3 [2010-09-24]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fragma
x3tc

Post by fragma » Sun, 1. Nov 09, 20:20

There also seems to be a bug with the "Equip Energy Cells (resupply config)" function. The amount of ECells transferred is wrong.
For example, if the target ship's fuel resupply is set to 10 jumps, Autoprep will give it exactly 10 ECells, instead of say, 100 ECells it should transfer if the target is a TS, or 200 for a M2, etc.

Poking around the script I think I found a fix:

FILE: plugin.prep.ware.filter.xml
Lines Changed:

Code: Select all

038   |||$quantity = $ship -> get jumpdrive fuel resupply
changed to

Code: Select all

038   |||$quantity = $ship -> get resupply fuel required
So far it seems to transfer the correct amount based on fuel resupply settings. But I'm not sure if this will break something else...

Zero12345678
x3tc

Post by Zero12345678 » Sun, 1. Nov 09, 23:20

Alright, i finally got it to work. Though it still seems to have issues.

It seems that the ore collector was the problem, and i think even though all my freighters have jumpdrives, the zephyrus will still try to go buy jumpdrives. Also, for some reason, it wont work when my zeph is docked in a station.

thanks for the awesome script.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Tue, 3. Nov 09, 04:26

Any possibility in extending this script to run directly off a PHQ/ED/TS and use the weapons/shields/missiles/etc stocked there?

I am trying to prep fighters automatically for my CODEA fleets as my PHQ cranks them out. I have Pelador's Player Workshops script already automatically handling the extensions, but that still leaves getting the shields, lasers, and any consumables onto the ships.

Transferring the fighters to the carrier first and using Auto Prep or CODEA's armament functions to equip them kinda works, but still it's really clunky as you have to store all of the extra fighter gear on the carrier. It would be a huge time-saver to be able to do this directly from the dock where the fighters are already located at. Even better if it can be done automatically as the fighters get produced.

marko22
x4

Post by marko22 » Thu, 12. Nov 09, 03:58

Mistral Superfreighter upgraded. One command at a time updates only 1000 cargo bay. Why not all?

Sorry for my not good english.

Edit:
The same symptoms as above with. A little update, the command of MK2, MK3 and others do not want to ....

Arlex
x3

Post by Arlex » Fri, 4. Dec 09, 22:11

I think something is wrong with the download link. I download the file as .man and not .spk

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Fri, 4. Dec 09, 23:53

Arlex wrote:I think something is wrong with the download link. I download the file as .man and not .spk
I just answered this one in another of his threads. For some reason, some of his files will come in the download as .man files. Simply change this to .spk, and the file will work as it should.

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 09:08

^ Yeah I had this too, but managed to figure it out pretty quickly.

Anyway, love the script, makes life so much easier :)
I fly Terran for the accents

Arlex
x3

Post by Arlex » Sat, 12. Dec 09, 14:28

renaming the file didnt change the extension. But I just right clicked it and chose "open with" Plugin Manager and it worked. Thanks alot for this script.

Kittani

Post by Kittani » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 23:02

I see this as best for equipping fleets of fighters and such... if you're buying mass quantities of tradeships and other craft and want them all equipped the same way, just setup factories producing the goods you want... have it brought to the equipment dock near the shipyard where you're buying and you can outfit as many ships as you can buy all identical. I do that with my fleets after writing a script that adds a few more items to the equipment dock near my primary shipyard. I can simultaneously outfit 10 superfreighters with everything that way.
=======================
In Space, noone can hear you scream....

smac1975

Post by smac1975 » Sat, 9. Jan 10, 01:28

Mr. ThisIsHarsh but "ButMakesItEasier",

Congrats on the script concept! The idea to upgrade ships without doing all that one ship at a time thing is JUST GREAT!!

But I'm having some issues to get it to work properly. Let me explain:

1) Please someone give me a software setup for the TM Carrier besides de Supply Command Software so it can use the Jumpdrive to their shopping destinations and keeping some EC in cargo to use it, avoiding those annoying Pirate Scum --> I'm using an Argon Magnetar;

2) Configs for the supplier drones (i'm using argon discoverers with max rudders/engine+ supply comm soft + transporter device ->seems to work);

3)I'm using a TL as supply ship with Supply Comm Software + Jumpdrive + Transporter Device + do i need anything more? suggestions please!! The TL contains all the ECelss, drones, guns, missiles and shields for the ships in more than enough quantity BUT when it comes to give the missiles and ECells to the target ships, the Magnetar transfer their own missiles and no Drones or ECells at all (because its cargo bay is to small?) I want to fit for example 10% cargo of a Mistral!! Soooo i cannot imagine how to solve this part... help please!

I noticed that I had to set the TL Supply Ship as Homebase for my Magnetar to get it to work more or less, if i set a Station as homebase it would be launching his buying drones for an infinite times and no softwares were transfered to the target ships.

I'm trying to fleet a bunch of 5 Mistrals with CAG basics + some PACs + Mosquitos for Mosquito defense --> too many guns?

By the way, the script sets the freight turrets to the same configuration as the template ship but no special defense like the Mosquito Defense System

Can someone please explain me step by step how it works in a way... like i was 4 years old? :p

If I use the TL (Mammoth as the carrier... is it possible? The docking limitations would mess it out maybe).

Thanks for the great script! The console is very intuitive but the ship config makes me feel dumb :(
I just need to learn how to use it!

Keep up the good work! Obrigado (thanks in my mother tongue).

Regards,

smac1975
smac1975

norrdec

Post by norrdec » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 20:02

I have a problem with assigning the homebase. Does it have to be a carrier or can it be a station too? atm when I set everything (or just repair and "configure) enabled, all what the magnetar does is repairing or sending to a eq. dock for upgs. But the ships still don't get their homebase set.

I used my ship, the magnetar and some other ship as a template, still it didn't work... any ideas? :)

Kudos for the script :)

Cookie000
x3tc

Post by Cookie000 » Thu, 21. Jan 10, 00:19

Very nice script. :thumb_up:

After hours of testing that I need suppliers that has hangers. :lol: Works well with M1, M2, M7, TM, Goner's Mobile Repair Ship classes. :D

Borgholio
x3tc

Post by Borgholio » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 03:56

Doesn't seem to work for me. I must be missing something. Here is what I have done:

Equipped my carrier ship (either a TL or TM, I've tried both) with supply command software and transporter device.

Filled the carrier cargo hold with all the supplies (weapons, etc...) that I'd need for equipping my ships.

Set a TS as the supply ship.

Selected 10 freighters freshly bought from the shipyard.

Outfitted one freighter with all the extensions and upgrades I want and set it as the template.

Clicked "start prepping ships".

What happened is that all the freighters docked at the nearest trade hub and bought some of the upgrades. It took clicking "start prepping" a half dozen times because they would only upgrade a portion of their cargo bay at a time.

After that, nothing. They just parked there and every couple minutes they'd send a notification that they had completed their orders. They would not fly to other equipment docks, they would not fly to the carrier, and the supply ship would just sit there with no orders. The carrier, meanwhile, would sit with the "Waiting / checking" command but do nothing.

Unless I read the thread wrong, isn't this script supposed to fully equip each and every single one of the freighters I select with the upgrades / extensions / weapons that are on the template ship? Help?

smac1975

Post by smac1975 » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 10:01

It works for me if i only use upgrades like software and stuff. The suppliers i have assigned to my Magnetar do go and buy the stuff.

I'm testing with suppliers with L cargo hold to see if i can get them to equip the weapons/EC/Missiles on my target ships.

Anyways it takes some time for the Magnetar to upgrade the ships.
smac1975

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 11:51

This is so useful an idea. Nice work.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Bluebird26
x4

Post by Bluebird26 » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 13:56

Hi, i need a German Version of this. Can any Person help me????

lordmuck
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] Auto prep ships v1.2.1 [2009-07-30]

Post by lordmuck » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 23:15

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
:arrow: [Auto prep ships]: the main command - designed for use by the TM class, but will run on any carrier class ship with Supply Command Software.

This allows you to specify a list of ships that should optionally be repaired, upgraded, equipped and/or configured. The carrier will then fly/jump around as necessary performing those tasks. Ships that cannot dock are upgraded by assigning supply drone ships to the carrier, which buy tech/software upgrades in their stead and transfer them when done. Other wares (Energy Cells, missiles, shields, etc) must already be aboard the carrier (or, if selected, another storage ship).
My small carrier of 3 ships :lol: does not fly off to sectors to buy stuff, the only command in the list says "from here" and then we click the top command of "start" I thought it was supposed to fly off and get the gear ?

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 19:09

Any 1 give a step by step instructions on how to get X ship to equip and max out mirror image of mystral1 to my new and empty mystral2 please

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 21:23

lordmuck wrote:Any 1 give a step by step instructions on how to get X ship to equip and max out mirror image of mystral1 to my new and empty mystral2 please
Umm, err. In theory I should be able to, but for the life of me I can barely remember :cry:

This script is probably on a par with the most complex scripts I've written and I have used it extensively myself, back in the day. But I know it *desperately* needs some kind of log/error/instruction reporting feature. Now my Military Base revamp is stable, this is the script I wanna focus some time on.

Anyway, the image below is a kitted out and ready to rock menu, though I'm not sure if its of the most recent version.

So:
  1. Under the heading "Configure ship settings from template" set your template ship to mystral1.
  2. Under the heading "Target ships" hit "Add ship" and choose mystral2.
  3. If your ship mystral2 cannot dock at your carrier, then you will need to get a ship that can dock to act as a proxy to buy the software upgrades, which will then be transferred once bought. So under "Supply ships" hit "Add ship" and select a supply drone ship to use (Discoverers are good).
  4. Under the heading "Upgrades" hit "Add from template ship".
  5. If your carrier does not hold enough shields/weapons/missiles to equip mystral2 to the same spec as mystral1, but you have another ship that you use for storing such things, then under "Equip items" hit "Fetch equipment from" and select your storage ship (personally I used to use a TL that was constantly restocked with equipment via my Manual Trade Extension plugin).
  6. Hopefully the rest of the options are pretty obvious.
  7. When you finally start the command, the first stage is that the target ship mystral2 will go off on its own to buy engine/rudder/cargo tunings, as specified in the menu. Once that is done your Auto prep carrier will shoot off into action.
  8. Be sure to set your Auto prep carriers jumpdrive refuel settings in the standard command console, since it's probably gonna have to travel far and wide, and will automatically refuel and jump around as necessary.
  9. The first stage is buying the software/tech upgrades, either by ferrying the target ship or by using the earlier specified supply drone ship as a proxy, jumping/flying around buying up everything. If using the supply drone ship then the carrier will fly back to the target's sector and send the supply drone and the target to a station to transfer the kit.
  10. Finally the Auto prep ship will configure the ship's settings to match the template ship, as per the menu options, then go and transfer the shields/weapons/etc. It may have to go and pick the equipment up from the ship you selected in "Fetch equipment from" if it doesn't have enough on board itself.
  11. If the Auto prep ship fails at any point during a task, then it fails silently, with no error, and should just try to get on with the rest of its job without telling you something is awry. This is the main problem I hope to address asap (which still might not be for a while yet).

Phew, ok, hope that helps.

[ external image ]
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 13. Apr 10, 21:45

Most excellent :) MY mistake was not having a ship as a proxy, on this subject would fright drones work ? say I had 10 freight drones would be better than 1 / 2 m3's ? what would be the best idea ?

Thanks a lot

PS currently my magnatar(SP?) is using 1 m3 to supply 3 mystrals but it has to jump out and in for each mystral. Still good idea and works but its a shame it does not get 3 of X part (as its 3 mystrals). this is why I ask about the fright drones anyway

thanks again for a cool script / mod

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”