[SCRIPT] Board Station v1.05 :: updated 26-06-2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Sat, 11. Jul 09, 02:29

Anyone else have the problem after taking over a station with this script that using Cycrow's cheat package to remove resources no longer works?

Usually I remove secondary resources from a station if I take ownership of it. And I add them to stations I build for the computer as part of a mission.

Now when I go to remove a resource the remove primary resource command brings up a list of secondary resources and vice versa, but no matter which one you select to remove it will not remove any resources. I wrote a quick cheat myself that will remove any ware I select so I know it is a script issue, just not sure if it is from me taking over my first station with this script or if it is from an update I did with the hotkey manager.
Don't make me slap Ye!

uberex
x4

Post by uberex » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 18:08

The boarding script does not touch products/resources (except for tunings).

As a test I have spawned Argon Lasertower Factory via Cycrow's Cheat Package (no boarding involved) and have experienced exactly same symptoms. I was able to add secondary resources, but was not able to remove neither primary nor secondary resources. When I attempt to remove primary resource I get listing of secondary and I get primary listing when I try to remove secondary.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 06:16

Hey there. Great script, my only issue is that Ive captured a Flail missile factory but no matter what I do its always in production cycle (even completely filled to the brim with products and resources). Any ideas?

Edit: I guess I should say Im using the station repacker script and it doesnt allow me to move the station. Which now that I think about it has nothing to do with this script :roll:

uberex
x4

Post by uberex » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 17:28

eldyranx3 wrote:Hey there. Great script, my only issue is that Ive captured a Flail missile factory but no matter what I do its always in production cycle (even completely filled to the brim with products and resources). Any ideas?

Edit: I guess I should say Im using the station repacker script and it doesnt allow me to move the station. Which now that I think about it has nothing to do with this script :roll:
Thank you :) I have encountered this issue with Station Repacker script as well and I have posted suggestions as how to improve the original script, though author did not reply. I wrote up my own script, but did not release it to public as it does not restore Ore & Silicon Mines asteroids as Station Repacker does.

Fragile Ego

Post by Fragile Ego » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 18:08

How about using the Super Tractor to move the station instead of repacking it?

yankiller
x3tc

help somt5hing not right

Post by yankiller » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 22:09

i tryd to take a station and its not work its says please set remout comand mode what is that meen?

vampirecosmonaut
x4

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 22:51

Fragile Ego wrote:How about using the Super Tractor to move the station instead of repacking it?
You cannot move stations between sectors with the super tractor. :wink:
The first documented attempt in human history to use a rocket for spaceflight
was made in the 16th century by a Chinese Ming dynasty official named Wan Hu.
The resultant explosion presumably killed him.

uberex
x4

Re: help somt5hing not right

Post by uberex » Wed, 11. Nov 09, 17:14

yankiller wrote:i tryd to take a station and its not work its says please set remout comand mode what is that meen?
Station boarding is not possible from a player-piloted ship due to technical limitations. You need to execute the command remotely, i.e.: you have to be in a different ship than the boarding ship.

On the same token, during boarding you should be piloting an interceptor class ship anyway to protect your troops carrier and the target station from local police and military retaliation.

Toryn2

Post by Toryn2 » Sun, 17. Jan 10, 05:49

Any chance you could release your currently private station movement script? Like you posted on the other thread...I'd really like to be able to move my newly acquired stations before the cavalry arrives...

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 22:43

I'm trying to use this mod, but when I click on pirarcy, it says please set remote command mode? What do I need to do here to get this to work, anyone know?

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 01:14

Are you piloting the ship that you are attempting to board with?

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 02:38

eldyranx3 wrote:Are you piloting the ship that you are attempting to board with?
I'm in my hyperion, with 5 mariens. So, I'm trying to get those maries to enter the station. Is that wrong?

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 02:39

Ratlaw wrote:
eldyranx3 wrote:Are you piloting the ship that you are attempting to board with?
I'm in my hyperion, with 5 mariens. So, I'm trying to get those maries to enter the station. Is that wrong?
Im afraid you cannot be flying the ship that is about to perform the boarding action.

eldyranx3
xr

Re: Additional info

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 02:40

uberex wrote:Known Limitations:: Station boarding is not possible from a player-piloted ship. Script is being terminated upon docking.

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Wed, 7. Jul 10, 09:30

i have strange problem...
when i try to board enemy station it always says "System Override Software is required to hack station docking control" even if i have System Override Software.
game ver. 2.7.1
PS: its seems that this problem is because i have 2 SoS (dunno why this cause any problems,they have different ID anyways) so only one option to solve this - change req ware for docking (in script)

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 17:03

I just successfully boarded a XL Solar Plant in a border system with 5 marines, 3-star Hack/Mech, 2-star Eng and 3-4 star in Fighting. It went off without a hitch, and no casualties. Is this normal? Or was I just very lucky? Just seems I got it a bit too cheap :)

But....then again, 5 well enough experienced Marines may be more than a match for station security. Even though my Marines were Boron :)

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 18:13

xiriod wrote:Even though my Marines were Boron :)
Boron marines? Squid with attitude, there's a new one. :D

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 16:00

I've added Boron marines to their Military Outposts. Using them is so funny! I'm having a lot of fun :wink:

One fun thing though, I was on a rather negative term with the Argons and got a tempting offer to build an Argon Low-Yield Sidearms factory which I could not refuse. Also knowing that seeding too many AI factories may cause problems for the general supply, I decided to "relocate" one :)

I went to Ore Belt, boarded that station and used the station-repacker script to load it onto my Mammoth. Jumped to destination, mission successful :)

I wish there was more development on this script, as difficulty could very well be increased in some situations and more fine tuned. After you get 3-star marines you can pretty much take over most stations with 0-1 losses. But, it is fun if you can restrain yourself :)

only-one-jack@hotmail.com

solar plant issue

Post by only-one-jack@hotmail.com » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 21:01

i dont know if anyone has touched on this i skimed the post but didn's could have missed somthing. so if it has been said alredy forgive my lazyness. now on to the point!

i capped a a solar plant intending to load it into my tl to haul it away. loaded its crystals into a transport and to my astonishment it keep right on producing. upon fruther reaserch i discovered why. on npc owned stations crystals are a secondary resource. so are not realy needed.

i dont know how hard it would to swap out the plant upon capture but in order to avoid players having these "specal" npc only stations i think it maby should be addressed

if not ima have to tweek the station repacker to deal with it :(

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 21:47

Since you run modified anyhow, just write a simple two-line script. Remove secondary resource Crystal and add primary resource Crystal. :) Mission accomplished.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”