[SCRIPT] Board Station v1.05 :: updated 26-06-2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

XxNe0xX
x3

Post by XxNe0xX » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 14:29

I haven't had time to play over the last couple of days and thus haven't had a chance to try this script out so if the following feature is already implemented just ignore me ^^

I'd like to be able to send more than one ship on a boarding mission so that the marines on board would be able to assist each other in combat (not in the hacking stuff as that wouldn't really make any sense). A Force of 50 marines (boarding via 5 different TPs) for example could finish a boarding mission much faster than only 10 and they'd have less casualties (at least on their side hehe).
Do you like secrets?
Try to find some.....
Goner-Secrets Mod

uberex
x4

Post by uberex » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 16:18

XxNe0xX wrote:I'd like to be able to send more than one ship on a boarding mission so that the marines on board would be able to assist each other in combat (not in the hacking stuff as that wouldn't really make any sense). A Force of 50 marines (boarding via 5 different TPs) for example could finish a boarding mission much faster than only 10 and they'd have less casualties (at least on their side hehe).
That sounds reasonable and seems doable - goes on my To Do list :)

uberex
x4

Post by uberex » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 05:08

Version 1.04 is out.

Watch out for local patrols if station boarding is your kind of business :pirat:
Sure, bulky military M2s are slow, but once they get to the place of the incidents - fireworks are guaranteed if you do not take action into your own hands.

dmichailcz

Post by dmichailcz » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 14:55

Hello, really nice mod, thanks a lot...

What about to make your script even larger by adding possibility to board ships/station via transporter device? I was asking about this script and somebody suggested to ask you, because your mod uses 3/4 of code needed even for boarding via transporter device.

I really don't want to babysit all my marines just to lost them in turret fire... What do you think?
I am not very good in english, so please, forgive me...

uberex
x4

Post by uberex » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 17:06

dmichailcz wrote:What about to make your script even larger by adding possibility to board ships/station via transporter device? I was asking about this script and somebody suggested to ask you, because your mod uses 3/4 of code needed even for boarding via transporter device.
Thank you, but, unfortunately, I do not plan to extend this script beyond boarding Stations and OWPs.

amirite

Post by amirite » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 05:04

jlehtone wrote:
amirite wrote:I love the features you have planned, it's exactly the station boarding command that I have been wishing for for a while. Godspeed! And hurry the **** up! ;)
"for a while", considering that Nividium's Capture Stations has been on the TC Download Library since February. :gruebel:
Yeah I dunno if you've actually looked at that script but it's underwhelming to be polite about it. I'd rather have no station capturing at all than use a glorified cheat script with no logic to it. This script solves both problems :)
-TEVE

uberex
x4

Post by uberex » Sat, 27. Jun 09, 00:06

Version 1.05 is up! 8)

This is an important release because it finalizes all essential elements that a boarding script was meant to have and, I believe, it looks more and more like a balanced script now, as well as takes into consideration all aspects of boarding (drilling holes in hull excluded :P).

So, please provide feedback and, most importantly, bug reports so I can iron them out.

Orbital Weapons Platforms is a big step and requires radically different approach, thus, while OWPs have priority on my To Do list, I might release "simultaneous multiple teams boarding" first if I hit a snag :gruebel: or a wall :headbang: with the space-walk routine.

Thank you all for your support and let's hostile takeover commence! :pirat:

amirite

Post by amirite » Sat, 27. Jun 09, 03:04

The core sectors thing is a great choice. It seems to be that if you've manages to work your way into a core sector to capture in the first place, you've basically already won and there's no reason to make difficulty more ridiculous. On the same note, you could infiltrate a core sector for an easier capture but finding your way out is a different story. Nice method of balancing.
-TEVE

Fith

Post by Fith » Sat, 27. Jun 09, 11:01

:gruebel: ... anyone thought of the possabilities when used with this script? :roll: [/url]

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 27. Jun 09, 12:22

LOL delicious ur own pirate weapon stations... or pirate homebase.

uberex
x4

Post by uberex » Sat, 27. Jun 09, 15:57

amirite wrote:On the same note, you could infiltrate a core sector for an easier capture but finding your way out is a different story.
That is what I was going for.
Fith wrote::gruebel: ... anyone thought of the possibilities when used with this script? :roll:
That was the grand plan :fg: but I'm waiting for alex2069 to get his exams done, so he can fix some issues before it could become a viable option for a :pirat:
arcana75 wrote:LOL delicious ur own pirate weapon stations... or pirate homebase.
Yes indeed!

draffutt
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] Board Station v1.05 :: updated 26-06-2009

Post by draffutt » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 02:26

uberex wrote::arrow: If boarding team is eliminated during deck to deck combat, your internal computer will inform you of boarding operation failure. Troops carrier will be forced to undock and will wait further instructions.
wouldn't it be more logical if the boarding team failed that there is a very good chance the player would lose the troop ship as well (a very high chance)? Due to the defence teams either destroying or capturing for their own use....
:arrow: If boarding is successful, the surviving marines will gain combat experience and return to the original boarding ship if it is still docked, otherwise the troops become no longer available. Troops carrier will remain docked until further instructions.
Wouldn’t it also be logical; even thou the boarding team succeeded in capturing the stationed surviving marines are lost. Maybe base it on how many survived when they attempted the hack. There are many examples in history where troops achieved the objective but where lost themselves.
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

uberex
x4

Post by uberex » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 03:55

I appreciate your input, however, there are few problems that I see with such approach:
draffutt wrote:wouldn't it be more logical if the boarding team failed that there is a very good chance the player would lose the troop ship as well (a very high chance)? Due to the defence teams either destroying or capturing for their own use....
Every ship has a pilot who stays at the cockpit ready to take off (undock) at any moment if things go bad. And stations do not have mounted weapon to be able to destroy the ship either. The ship does not undock because station forces it to undock, but because a bunch of not-so-friendly security personell is making its way down to docking bay for a "friendly chat".

Chance of boarding ship to be destroyed would effectively limit the choice of boarding ship to a TP as it is the cheapest and would have the least impact on player if it is lost. This in turn would limit boarding to relatively safe sectors where TP can actually survive the trip to its destination and back out.

Also, imagine you are boarding a military base with an M2, if random factor says you should loose your boarding ship folks would just reload until random factor says otherwise, because a fully outfitted M2 is a very expensive unit to be thrown away on a flip of a coin, thus, completely negating the very same random factor. Afterall, your ship does not suddenly explode or gets boarded by your enemy if you failed ship-to-ship boarding in "vanilla" version.
draffutt wrote:Wouldn’t it also be logical; even thou the boarding team succeeded in capturing the stationed surviving marines are lost. Maybe base it on how many survived when they attempted the hack. There are many examples in history where troops achieved the objective but where lost themselves.
Some stations require 5 stars marines both in combat and hacking. If I knew they don't have a chance in hell to come back, I'd simply never send them, as it is a very lengthy process to get them trained that high, and is not cheap either.

Just like in "vanilla" version, survivors get to live to tell the tale, at least until next boarding.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 23:46

have not got that far in the plot yet but can we takeover the bigass thing around earth
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

uberex
x4

Post by uberex » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 06:08

cattafett wrote:have not got that far in the plot yet but can we takeover the bigass thing around earth
If it is not classified as a shipyard, you can board it. You might have to do something about the turrets surrounding it, though.

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Sat, 11. Jul 09, 02:29

Anyone else have the problem after taking over a station with this script that using Cycrow's cheat package to remove resources no longer works?

Usually I remove secondary resources from a station if I take ownership of it. And I add them to stations I build for the computer as part of a mission.

Now when I go to remove a resource the remove primary resource command brings up a list of secondary resources and vice versa, but no matter which one you select to remove it will not remove any resources. I wrote a quick cheat myself that will remove any ware I select so I know it is a script issue, just not sure if it is from me taking over my first station with this script or if it is from an update I did with the hotkey manager.
Don't make me slap Ye!

uberex
x4

Post by uberex » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 18:08

The boarding script does not touch products/resources (except for tunings).

As a test I have spawned Argon Lasertower Factory via Cycrow's Cheat Package (no boarding involved) and have experienced exactly same symptoms. I was able to add secondary resources, but was not able to remove neither primary nor secondary resources. When I attempt to remove primary resource I get listing of secondary and I get primary listing when I try to remove secondary.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 06:16

Hey there. Great script, my only issue is that Ive captured a Flail missile factory but no matter what I do its always in production cycle (even completely filled to the brim with products and resources). Any ideas?

Edit: I guess I should say Im using the station repacker script and it doesnt allow me to move the station. Which now that I think about it has nothing to do with this script :roll:

uberex
x4

Post by uberex » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 17:28

eldyranx3 wrote:Hey there. Great script, my only issue is that Ive captured a Flail missile factory but no matter what I do its always in production cycle (even completely filled to the brim with products and resources). Any ideas?

Edit: I guess I should say Im using the station repacker script and it doesnt allow me to move the station. Which now that I think about it has nothing to do with this script :roll:
Thank you :) I have encountered this issue with Station Repacker script as well and I have posted suggestions as how to improve the original script, though author did not reply. I wrote up my own script, but did not release it to public as it does not restore Ore & Silicon Mines asteroids as Station Repacker does.

Fragile Ego

Post by Fragile Ego » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 18:08

How about using the Super Tractor to move the station instead of repacking it?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”