[SCRIPT] Board Station v1.05 :: updated 26-06-2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 17:03

I just successfully boarded a XL Solar Plant in a border system with 5 marines, 3-star Hack/Mech, 2-star Eng and 3-4 star in Fighting. It went off without a hitch, and no casualties. Is this normal? Or was I just very lucky? Just seems I got it a bit too cheap :)

But....then again, 5 well enough experienced Marines may be more than a match for station security. Even though my Marines were Boron :)

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Sun, 1. Aug 10, 18:13

xiriod wrote:Even though my Marines were Boron :)
Boron marines? Squid with attitude, there's a new one. :D

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 6. Aug 10, 16:00

I've added Boron marines to their Military Outposts. Using them is so funny! I'm having a lot of fun :wink:

One fun thing though, I was on a rather negative term with the Argons and got a tempting offer to build an Argon Low-Yield Sidearms factory which I could not refuse. Also knowing that seeding too many AI factories may cause problems for the general supply, I decided to "relocate" one :)

I went to Ore Belt, boarded that station and used the station-repacker script to load it onto my Mammoth. Jumped to destination, mission successful :)

I wish there was more development on this script, as difficulty could very well be increased in some situations and more fine tuned. After you get 3-star marines you can pretty much take over most stations with 0-1 losses. But, it is fun if you can restrain yourself :)

only-one-jack@hotmail.com

solar plant issue

Post by only-one-jack@hotmail.com » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 21:01

i dont know if anyone has touched on this i skimed the post but didn's could have missed somthing. so if it has been said alredy forgive my lazyness. now on to the point!

i capped a a solar plant intending to load it into my tl to haul it away. loaded its crystals into a transport and to my astonishment it keep right on producing. upon fruther reaserch i discovered why. on npc owned stations crystals are a secondary resource. so are not realy needed.

i dont know how hard it would to swap out the plant upon capture but in order to avoid players having these "specal" npc only stations i think it maby should be addressed

if not ima have to tweek the station repacker to deal with it :(

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 21:47

Since you run modified anyhow, just write a simple two-line script. Remove secondary resource Crystal and add primary resource Crystal. :) Mission accomplished.

ViceGrips
x4

Post by ViceGrips » Fri, 20. Aug 10, 09:30

Alright I'm a little confused. I have system override software installed on my tp but I still can't capture a hostile station. Game tells me I don't have system override software installed. Any suggestions or solutions?
ViceGrips

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Fri, 20. Aug 10, 09:43

i had the same problem so i changed the required ware

ViceGrips
x4

Post by ViceGrips » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 06:34

I think I missed a spot for were it listed the required wares. I found one in the board.station.pl file and changed it but I'm still having no luck getting this to work on an enemy station. Any suggestions would be great.
ViceGrips

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Fri, 27. Aug 10, 23:36

I was having the same problem with my Marine Dropships. Here is what worked for me.

I had installed a Software Signature Scrambler in each of my ships so they wouldn't be bothered by roaming police ships. When I ejected the sofware out of my ship, voila I was able to board enemy stations.

Not sure if this is an intended issue or an oversite but try it.

zorroazteca5
x3tc

Post by zorroazteca5 » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 10:39

Hi, I'm interested in the station-repacker script, can you put a link where to got it?

thanks.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 10:49

ViceGrips wrote:I think I missed a spot for were it listed the required wares. I found one in the board.station.pl file and changed it but I'm still having no luck getting this to work on an enemy station. Any suggestions would be great.
This is because installing the Software Signature Scrambler actually changes the ware of the System Override Software to another ware with the same name, which does the same thing, but is legal. When you eject the SSS, the ware of the SOS is reverted to other version.

Only way around is to modify the script to accept both version of the SOS.
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Mon, 18. Oct 10, 01:27

Great script, uberex, adds a lot of immersion. The only problem is that it's too easy. Stations should be much harder to board, is there any variable I can change to make it harder?
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

Phobocaster

Post by Phobocaster » Mon, 1. Nov 10, 13:56

I, for one, like the voiceover of the Teladi marines. Nothing makes my day like hearing "Commencing Presssssurizzzzation!". This script is a mighty fine idea, downloading now. How many marines can/should I insert into a station? Do I need to keep its shields down like with a ship?
"Are you declaring war on Paranid?"
"This is not war! This is PEST CONTROL!"

evilosmosis

Post by evilosmosis » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 13:24

Anyone had luck getting this to work with AP?

ShadowGod56

Post by ShadowGod56 » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 03:46

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
ViceGrips wrote:I think I missed a spot for were it listed the required wares. I found one in the board.station.pl file and changed it but I'm still having no luck getting this to work on an enemy station. Any suggestions would be great.
This is because installing the Software Signature Scrambler actually changes the ware of the System Override Software to another ware with the same name, which does the same thing, but is legal. When you eject the SSS, the ware of the SOS is reverted to other version.

Only way around is to modify the script to accept both version of the SOS.
sorry to revive this old thread but the System override software bug is happening for me except nether version of the software is working and i need help modifying the script cause i have absolutely no idea how to do that correctly.

also i tested taking friendly stations in AP and it works (havent tryed taking one that was hostile to me but i assume id get the same result as my TC attempt)

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 29. Aug 12, 15:05

Odd bug. Trying to board station, then ship was hit with Ion Ds and the marines died. Ship docket with no marines but boarding commenced and station was taken. Magically all marines were resurrected and breathing fine in the ships hold when all was over. :wink:

I reckon this script is not being actively supported any more, but if anyone picks it up or the author returns I thought I'd let you know.

kolimbo
x4

Post by kolimbo » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 23:16

I'm using the xtra ship pack by Cadius and I'm having trouble using the boarding script on my M7 class longsword. Is there something I need to tweak in the script to add in the new ships to make them capable of boarding?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 23:27

M7's should be supported. They do not have to be vanilla ships.

You know that you cannot board a station from the player ship, right? You must command one of your other ships to do the boarding. That ship will need docking computer, marines, and system override software.

kolimbo
x4

Post by kolimbo » Sat, 27. Oct 12, 02:48

D'oh!

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Sat, 8. Dec 12, 20:09

I've bben using this with pirate guild 3....

So far I've failed the inital hack on 3 different PG Bases...

Granted...I'm all my marines are 4 Star.....currently traing to 5 star...

We'll see if that make a difference.

Wish me luck...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”