[SCRIPT] Advanced Navigation Software V1.20 : 2010/08/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] Advanced Navigation Software V1.20 : 2010/08/10

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 15. Dec 20, 11:31

The ships need to have the software installed for it to use the altered route planning routines.

To use it with other commands/scripts you need to script replacement addon. These replace the core movement scripts to add the advanced nav routines in.

however, most of Lucike's scripts dont use the normal movement scripts, so it most likely wont work

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 15. Dec 20, 14:38

Thanks.

Rotite

Post by Rotite » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 21:23

Sorry for necro, but I thought I should leave this tip here.

Figured what was causing the ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM14_9 issue and how to fix it. it was bothering me like almost a decade, and even today when I finally got to restart it.
it is highly likely related to other language users who override language file via fake patch which isn't officially supported, or touched similar files for whatsoever reason is.

regardless, I'm so happy to share the solution for a long bothered issue. albeit it is quite a crude way of fix, but at least we dont have to see its ID name anymore again.

Nothing complicated but simple.
  • 1. Open 0901-L044.pck via X3 Editor 2, by "Text viewer".
  • 2. Find :

Code: Select all

<t id="11783">ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM14_9</t>
  • 3. Replace it to :

Code: Select all

<t id="11783">Advanced Navigation Software</t>
  • 4. Done, save it.
You might have to replace it everytime when you close the plugin manager due it seems to be updating related files everytime when you open and close it.

Years ago, I figured there would be a core file regard to all the EMP wares, but couldn't find it.
I didn't knew something so looked unrelated file had a relation with translation or naming of such items. probably dumb myself falling short of scripts took it so long...
Doesn't matter. fixed is fixed. I'm so glad I've found it. Would've been better if it was a decade ago though...

This method should work with Advanced Jumpdrive script too.

Have fun.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”