[SCRIPT] Advanced Navigation Software V1.20 : 2010/08/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SpaceSquirrel
x3tc

Post by SpaceSquirrel » Sun, 31. Oct 10, 23:25

I've been to almost every single sector in the game and I've looked in the Argon Encyclopedia, but there is no mention of an additional software upgrade program? Am I doing something wrong?

I've installed the two Advanced navigation scripts and installed the TC Plugin manager, Ware manager, Hotkey manager, Community plugin configuration.

?
Boron Marine: Mi Chi Ken "All for one and one for all!...Lets go men!...Arg!...reaching hull, almost there...attempting to breach hull...I'm feeling hungry...I wanna go home...static...losing transmission...your breaking up Captain...must abort mission...cannot breach hull...forgot to take drill...ahhhh...not feeling well...must return to ship Captain...ahhhh...have doctors note...ya thats it ya and ahhh...just noticed...wearing shoes that don't match...must return...over?"

SpaceSquirrel
x3tc

Post by SpaceSquirrel » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 05:35

Its still not working. The only thing I noticed was when I installed the Advanced Navigation script it gives a message something like; error; wrong version of X Terran Conflict, must be 2.x.

Does this mean the Advanced Navigation script doesn't work with X TC 3.0?
Boron Marine: Mi Chi Ken "All for one and one for all!...Lets go men!...Arg!...reaching hull, almost there...attempting to breach hull...I'm feeling hungry...I wanna go home...static...losing transmission...your breaking up Captain...must abort mission...cannot breach hull...forgot to take drill...ahhhh...not feeling well...must return to ship Captain...ahhhh...have doctors note...ya thats it ya and ahhh...just noticed...wearing shoes that don't match...must return...over?"

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 22:56

SPK Explorer won't extract any of the files in this package. SPK Explorer V1.00.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 13:03

Hi all.

First off, thank you Cycrow for all the work you've done. I'm using several of your mods and compilations and find them to be necessary improvements on a brilliant game. You've helped to improve my playing exerience immensely.

With that said, I have a problem.

I have installed the Advanced Navigational Software, and triple checked to make sure I had all the other necessary components installed. I then installed the software on every freighter in my fleet for the specific purpose of keeping them out of pirate and xenon sectors. I have nearly a hunded freighters so it was quite an outlay of credits. I checked to make sure they were all using the global settings which defines xenon, khaak, pirates and Yaki as foes. I created a global profile for my freighters and set them all out to work. Yet for some reason they are routinely crossing farnam's legend and bala gi's joy... and the pirate attacks make sure I know about it.

What have I overlooked and how can I fix it?

Again, thanks.
Cheers
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 13:25

Oh, I've also made sure the avoid enemy sectors function is checked and have even gone so far as to blacklist as many of the sectors as I could think of, including the above mentioned trouble spots.

I think that's it.

Thanks again.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

SpaceSquirrel
x3tc

Post by SpaceSquirrel » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 20:03

Well I finally got the Adv Nav software to show up.

I had to install the beta version of the plugin manager.

Here it is in case somebody needs to find it.
It wasn't as easy to find as I thought.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=256718

Anyways, it showed up in an Argon Equipment dock, selling for $600,000.00 credits! This must be a bug right? Just to tell a UT to avoid a sector costs and additioal $600,000.00 for each ship?

What if you want it on all of your ships? It would cost billions! You must be Bill Gates right?

I could see selling it for $6000.00 not $600,000.00!

h2o.Ava
x3tc

Post by h2o.Ava » Tue, 9. Nov 10, 09:40

Want it to be a lower price?
Edit the ware with X3 Editor.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 9. Nov 10, 14:01

SpaceSquirrel wrote:Well I finally got the Adv Nav software to show up.

I had to install the beta version of the plugin manager.

Here it is in case somebody needs to find it.
It wasn't as easy to find as I thought.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=256718

Anyways, it showed up in an Argon Equipment dock, selling for $600,000.00 credits! This must be a bug right? Just to tell a UT to avoid a sector costs and additioal $600,000.00 for each ship?

What if you want it on all of your ships? It would cost billions! You must be Bill Gates right?

I could see selling it for $6000.00 not $600,000.00!
thats not a bug, its the correct price.

its not really for making ut's avoid certain sectors.
its more for ships that are flying around rather than using jumpdrives.

it does better path planning and can plot paths around unfriendly sectors.
it prevents ships from reentering gates if you accelerate too much.
it prevetns ships from crashing into anything when coming through gates.
it allows all ships to make use of the docking computer too instant dock when flying to stations

Huggy_Monster
x3

Post by Huggy_Monster » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 09:33

Not something specific to this mod but loosely related, but is they a way to make the default auto-pilot to use docking computer automatcally if installed?

mailleweaver
x3tc

Post by mailleweaver » Sat, 4. Dec 10, 13:09

The link to this thread has gone missing from the list in the Community Scripts Library.

Also, I'm having trouble getting the override scripts to make use of the FTL Jumpdrive. I have advanced jumpdrive, adv jd accerelator, navigation software mk1, and advanced navigation software all in the ship, but the ship won't use FTL with a "dock at" command or "buy ware" command unless I go through the Advanced Navigation or Advanced Jump menu. The standard "dock at" and "buy ware" commands only uses Adv JD. I hoped to get CAGs to jump station to station, but they rely heavily on these two commands so they won't. I would think "sell ware" would display the same behavior, but I didn't test it.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 4. Dec 10, 13:57

Huggy_Monster wrote:Not something specific to this mod but loosely related, but is they a way to make the default auto-pilot to use docking computer automatcally if installed?
you need to install the override scripts, these will replace all the standard autopilot commands to use the Advanced Navigation scripts instead, which includes using the docking computer

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 4. Dec 10, 13:59

so if you use the Advanced Nav menu to dock somewhere, it uses the FTL drive correct ?

if so, then the link between them is working, so the problem is with the overrides.

have u installed the seperate override scripts for Advanced Nav ?
there are 2 overrides, 1 for Nav 1 for jump.

make sure u have both installed

mailleweaver
x3tc

Post by mailleweaver » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 08:37

I did some real testing to try to give you something easier to work with.

To prepare for testing, I did the following in the listed order:
  • -install X3TC (2.5)
    -patch to 3.0
    -download fresh every script to be installed for testing
    -start new game
    -activate script editor, open script editor
    -dock, save, quit
    -using Plugin Manager Lite 1.30RC1, install:
    • cheat package
      community plugin configuration
      hotkey manager
      ware manager
    -load savegame, undock, wait 5 minutes, dock, save, quit
    -using Plugin Manager Lite 1.30RC1, install:
    • advanced jumpdrive
      advanced jumpdrive overrides
      advanced navigation software
      advanced navigation overrides
    -load savegame, undock, wait 10 minutes, dock, save, quit
    -load savegame, create new ship owned by player, install appropriate wares and upgrades, verify commands work with advanced navigation menu.
    -proceed testing standard commands.
What I found:
  • -Everything works properly through the Advanced Navigation menu.
    -Standard "follow" doesn't use Adv Jump or FTL. I can understand no FTL here (as it could cause problems near terran stations while In Sector, for example) but it should use Adv Jump.
    -Standard "follow me" doesn't use Adv Jump or FTL. Again, I can understand no FTL here, but it should use Adv Jump.
    -Standard "dock at" does use Adv Jump and FTL.
    -Standard "move to position" does use Adv Jump and FTL.
    -Standard "buy" does use Adv Jump and FTL when going to buy, but uses only Adv Jump (no FTL) when returning home.
    -Standard "sell" does use Adv Jump and FTL when going to sell, but uses only Adv Jump (no FTL) when returning home before and after the sale.
    -Standard "return home" uses Adv Jump but not FTL.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 16:23

most likly those other commands use different scripts for thier movement.

will have to check the scripts to see what method they are using and add them into the overrides

tbowen
x3tc

Not installing in Plugin Manager

Post by tbowen » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 07:47

When I download this script, it goes into the Plugin Manager as usual (though, I don't get the little message that says it is installed). It appears on the list of installed scripts etc. But, if I close Plugin Manager and re-open it, the script has disappeared.

I have a number of other scripts installed and working properly through the plugin manager (I have lite v1.2).

Any ideas?

Emerson d'Anite
x4

Re: Not installing in Plugin Manager

Post by Emerson d'Anite » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 12:02

tbowen wrote:When I download this script, it goes into the Plugin Manager as usual (though, I don't get the little message that says it is installed). It appears on the list of installed scripts etc. But, if I close Plugin Manager and re-open it, the script has disappeared.

I have a number of other scripts installed and working properly through the plugin manager (I have lite v1.2).

Any ideas?
Use this one [BETA] X Plugin Manager Lite : 1.30 RC 1 : 07/09/2010 *Inc Packager/Ship Creator*
« Il suivait son idée. C'était une idée fixe et il était surpris de ne pas avancer. » :)
Jacques Prévert

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 05:19

Good evening...

I installed all the required (and recommended) tools to go with the Navigation mod. And all installed without a problem. I'm still very new to the game and have some questions regarding this mod. According to the Plugin Manager Lite (v1.20), it's showing the ANS (v1.20) installed and enabled. The same for Community Plugin Config, HotKey Manager and Ware Manager. These are the only mods/scripts I have installed at this time into a fresh, updated v3.1 of X3TC.

Please excuse my newbness but when I launched the game from the Manager Lite, it seems the ANS uninstalled itself. I exited out & had to reinstall it again. It did this twice for me.

I"m looking to really just use this ANS to help me fly to certain coordinates.

Hopefully this is easily fixed. Thanks!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 14:57

A simple test to try is to install the packages and exit the plugin manager and open it up again
Of they are not listed it means windows is preventing write access to the pluginmanager

The main cause of this is installing the game into a protected directory like program files

A simple solution is to install it elsewhere if possible
Others there are a few work arounds. u could try adjusting directory permission for the game or disablling uac. Also try running the pluginmanager with admin rights

Cowski
x4

Post by Cowski » Sat, 5. Mar 11, 03:56

Cycrow,

Well I think it may have been a combination of what you suggested & perhaps a compatibility issue with Windows 7. I ran it as administrator with a compatibility mode of XP w/sp2 & I can exit the program & reload it & the ANS is still there.

Now, this is what I did in order to try to get the ANR to run:
1. Fired up v1.30 rc1 Plugin Manager.
2. Verified that ANS is still loaded. v1.20 is loaded under "Installed Scripts". It is.
3. Also verified that Community Plugin Configuration v.141, Hotkey Mgr v.111, and Ware Manager v1.01 is loaded under "Script Libraries:. They are.
4. Lanched X3 Terran Conflict v3.0.
5. New game => Custom Game => XUniverse
Got into the game.
6. Docked with the Argon Equipment station.
NOTHING. Cannot find the Advanced Navigation Software ANYWHERE!

Am I missing a step(s)? If so what am I missing. I read, reread & read other posts and quite frankly some of them confused me as to what I need to do next. I pride myself at being able to figure out most things of this sort but for the life of me I cannot with this game/script and I'm utterly perplexed as to why it's still not working.
Please let me know. Once I get this installed I'll be an extremely happy camper! But in this case, extremely happy space-goer. I'm still plugging away at trying to get this figured out but have no idea/clue as to what to try next.

Thank you for your time!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 5. Mar 11, 14:00

Shouldn't really be compayable problems with windows 7 as it was built and compiled using windows 7

There could be several problems ull need to do a few more tests to find out what

First yet going to the controls menu and are if you can bind the hotkey
Also Try using the cheat scripts to view the available wares. Also is there any readtext entries. And a load of ZA_ emp entries in the list ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”