[Mod]Engine Colours + particle trails[v1.21] [New images] [27/12 3.0 compatible]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 02:00

All you need to do is copy the engine emitters and engine trails to the luxury cruisers scene file from the standard scene file, as long as its the same size.

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 17:08

So you mean just copy those last 4 lines in the scene file to the Luxury Cruiser scene file? OK thanks, I'll try that.

A. Corvis

Edit: It works, thanks again.

eVolution2012

Killerog engine trails mk2 strange issue

Post by eVolution2012 » Mon, 2. May 11, 09:03

I seem to be having a strange issue in the functionality of engine trails disappearing at certain distances. Any ships at 2km or less appear with trails normally, then outside 2km, they disappear.

But the strange thing is that if any ship is targeted any distance away, then the trails suddenly appear normally and also function as intended on every other ship of the same race and class regardless of distance.
I have read through various threads and have learned that this could be an issue with another mod that alters the TShip file, and apparently the mod will not work at all if there is a conflict.
So i tried installing the trail files as the main mod as the mod takes priority over fake patches, and using xtra ship and stations as a fake patch, but that didnt turn out 2 well!
But I have had this working perfectly with the mods that i am currently using
All ships in the sector had trails regardless of distance, race and of being targeted or not, and could be seen all over the sector and coming out of the jumpgates exactly as in the screenshot on Killerog's download page.
The reason it stopped working i think was because i uninstalled awrm mod with EES installed as an archive and subequently got 400 messages at once of lasers being invalid every time i loadaed or started a new game.
At the time i did not know how 2 fix it and ended up reinstalling the whole game as uninstalling scripts and re patching to 3.1 made no difference. And now I just cant get the trails working as they were before.

Have tried starting new games, jumping to unknown sectors with no ships in, removing my ship from the sector, activating script editor, saving, loading, then creatng ships in empty sectors, but they have the same trails problem, destroying them again, saving, loading, jumping back to populated secttors... nothing gets it working as it should.

I am and have been using Cadius Xtra ship and station pack as the installed mod with the script awrm and fake patch cmod patched to function together and i found that renaming and replacing the ees 8387 file in the compatibility patch in the t folder stopped the invalid laser messages.
I tried using the changeling tool and from what i understand, it imports certain scripts and then exports them into cat/dat files. I followed the thread instructions but the created files made the game crash. I guess im just not using it correctly. But it wasnt necessary to use it anyway.
I also have 33 scripts, 5 fake patches including cmod, and about another 5 scripts not installed via plugin manager, and afew library packages and they all work fine together none of which i am fairly sure use the TShips file as they are wares, commands, stations, sectors, textures, and al plugins.
I have tried renaming the cmod and trails cat/dat files to move them from 14/15 up to 22/23 as the trail files apparently must be directly after cmod. I have found that they will work together as long as the trail file is just higher than cmod.
Does this imply a load order in being the highest numbered files gets loaded last, and lower numbered cat/dat files overwrite the effects of higher ones?

Modding of this game is difficult to say the least and with the learning curve being almost vertical, for someone like me who knows basically nothing about editing or merging files ect or using the script editor effectively. It is a very high wall to climb.

I have tried to provide as much information as i can so maybe someone will understand what im doing wrong, or not doing.
I have also tried to use the other 2 trail mods and had very limited sucess with the mods im using.
Has anyone had a similar experience with the Killerog's trails mod or knows how to fix this?

{[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] Rule #1. Learn it. jlehtone}

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 2. May 11, 19:11

Was your post moved to this thread by a mod ? (message at the bottom).

Is it the Mk1 or Mk2 mod you are having a problem with ?

What mods do you have installed?

If you do have Xtra ship pack you should use the trail mod that was made for that mod and follow the instructions on what order things go. (I have no idea about this, check the SRM topic for a mod order as there is a trail pack for that mod as well should give some hints about what CMOD and the trail pack should be numbered).

The distance problem is a odd thing, and seems to be some times completely random. I will take another look at it after my exams if I have time.

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 16:40

Hi, is it possible to download old versions of the trails pack for Cadius' X-tra ships somewhere?
'Cause I want to bring back the Mass Effect version of his Hiroshima how it was until v1.84. I couln't find any working link for these old versions. Actually I would just need the M7_Hiroshima_scene.pdb of an old version.

Thanks.

A. Corvis

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 00:10

You would have to ask cadius as he creates and hosts the version he uses. I haven't made an engine for any of his models, he uses the ones I have made for ego standard ships.

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 07:39

ah, ok. Then I'll ask him. Thanks.

wildshade

Post by wildshade » Mon, 20. Jun 11, 12:28

Ello.

I have a little problem, all effect work fine, very beatiful trails, tnx for the mod.

BUT..when I enter my Griffon, im inside textures, like in the middle of the ship. When pressing F2 it views normally, but when in "cockpit" it screws the image. The same happened when I installed Normandy mod ( without engine trails ).Disabling it takes all back to normal.

I installed as a fake patch. Tried the normal way ( /mods folder creatting+choosing in the mods menu ), the same effect

:cry:

v3.1
Russian pilot on patrol ;]

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 20. Jun 11, 12:46

Thanks for letting me know. Looks like I made of used an old file for 1 or 2 mods. Should be an easy fix.

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 11:08

would it be possible to merge this mode to yours?

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=254635

I'd like to be able to use both at the same time, but it seems I can only pick on or the other when I chose to load a mod.

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 12:57

I'd suggest you follow your own link. There's a perfect instruction to merge the TShips (does Trail actually contain a TShips file?) yourself.

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 18:05

perfect not so sure, tried it and it didn't work.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 20:36

Sorry but I don't have the time to merge the two mods, nor do I really want to, I do one request and I then get 100 more.

I did post how to merge this mod with other mods in this topic somewhere, take a look, if you cant find it ill see if I have the time to post up some basic instructions.

HeNeArKrXeRn

Post by HeNeArKrXeRn » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 17:13

there seems to be a couple of bugs with the latest version:

The split viper gets really big lens flares and I am not able to zoom on him anymore in 3rd person camera... it looks like it got a capital ship flag/label.

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Sun, 9. Oct 11, 06:20

MegaJohnny wrote:After about an hour of going through every ship merging this mod's TShips with that of the Cockpit mod and wrestling with crashy software trying to merge the .cats, I got it working and it's great. Engines look purty and a lot more engine-y than the vanilla ones. I just think the particles could use a longer lifetime, so the trails are longer. And bombers, at least the Peregrine, don't seem to leave a particle trail at all or have an engine glow sprite. But the thruster flame mesh is the right colour.
Which cockpit mod do you use? Would you mind sharing your merged files? :D

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 9. Oct 11, 12:23

@ HeNeArKrXeRn :: Thanks for report ill look into it :)

Ducci
x3tc

Post by Ducci » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 12:46

Heh. Would this work with Albion Prelude?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 13:33

Nope not yet, I need to use the AP Tship file instead of the currently used TC file. I should have a new version out in a few days as it wont take too long to do, I just cant be bothered at the moment far to hungover to even know what this mod dose anymore let alone fix it.

I_am_Stranger

Post by I_am_Stranger » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 20:01

Hello can u tell me how can i adjust the trails lenght ?
(longer is better u know :wink: )

Thx

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 21:19

There's a bit of a dark art to getting trails to work correctly but if you do want to play with the length you need to adjust the lifespan field in the particles3 Tfile.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”