[Mod]Engine Colours + particle trails[v1.21] [New images] [27/12 3.0 compatible]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 15. Aug 10, 11:20

@ViperMkII:: It only adds trails to fighters.

@Slayer_b:: That should work. I am not sure wot else you can do. I know its worked for me and others.

Slayer_b

Post by Slayer_b » Sun, 15. Aug 10, 22:24

OK, i'll try again in another sector.
if this will not be effective, can i send to you my savegame to try to remove the mod? :roll:

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 15. Aug 10, 22:38

I can have a go if I have time, but I have no idea if I will be able to do anything.

Chestburster2
x3tc

Post by Chestburster2 » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 02:12

Hrm, shouldn't the xenon ships have red/yellow engine colors (not trails) with pack b? they are still blue here.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 12:16

Ill take a look at that. I just checked my list and i don't think they should have light blue trails either. I have a tiny update for this mod in a little while. Cleaned up a few textures while working on the KOG mod.

Chestburster2
x3tc

Post by Chestburster2 » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 17:24

Edit: Nvm., seems to be more complex as i thought to resolve :/

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 01:07

New version released. Check op for details.

KOG mod and X2 mod to be updated with these trails shortly.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 14:48

SPK files added to my website for those that use them.

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 12:07

I like this mod but for me the ship data is not up to date. The Griffon stats are the old stats not those in ver 3.0.

Here's hoping I can get my game going after removing it.

Edit: I went to a sector devoid of ships, removed all M5 to M3 from my ship (M7) and sent them to another sector, then saved, removed this mod, then loaded the previous save with no issues.
Last edited by ianrobo75 on Tue, 23. Nov 10, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz. NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 (8 GB). 16 GB ram.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 13:22

Thanks for the info, ill fix that when I can.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 21. Dec 10, 04:21

There is a new version in the works of this. Will have major changes to almost everything. Features include:

--New trails for all races
--X2 style engine effects on all ships including Lens flares
--New Lens flares for each race
--Trails on M6 and above ships when suitable

As usual this will be ported to all my mods replacing the older version.

I will get some early pictures up tomorrow so any feedback can be taken into account.

Still a little while off but I will have it done before I return to uni and lose all my free time again.

KWAiRT
x4

Post by KWAiRT » Thu, 23. Dec 10, 03:38

Mod looks great, nice work. I'm thinking of making a simple mod to remove smoke trails from ships as part of a performance mod. If you could msg me or point me in the right direction that would be excellent. Again nice looking trails and improved particle fx.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 24. Dec 10, 01:37

@ KWAiRT:: In tships simply change the particle emitter value to 0 to disable the trails.

Here is some quick pictures of the work that I have done over the last few days. Still very much a work in progress.

M6 Centaur-- with 4 X2 style animated trails and 4 new smoky particle effects.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

M3 Nova-- with 2 X2 style animated trails and 1 new smoky particle effect
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

M2 Titan-- with 2 new X2 style animated trails.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 02:19

3 new images showing the paranid trails.

You can see trails in the distance as well as the capital ship effects.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Wed, 13. Apr 11, 16:08

Hi,

I'm using Cadius' X-tra Ship pack and the Trails Pack for that mod. Recently I merged the X-tra Ships with Lucikes Minotaur Luxury Cruiser. Now I want to add the standard Minotaur trails to the Luxury Cruiser. Is there a simple way to do that on my own?

A. Corvis

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 02:00

All you need to do is copy the engine emitters and engine trails to the luxury cruisers scene file from the standard scene file, as long as its the same size.

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 17:08

So you mean just copy those last 4 lines in the scene file to the Luxury Cruiser scene file? OK thanks, I'll try that.

A. Corvis

Edit: It works, thanks again.

eVolution2012

Killerog engine trails mk2 strange issue

Post by eVolution2012 » Mon, 2. May 11, 09:03

I seem to be having a strange issue in the functionality of engine trails disappearing at certain distances. Any ships at 2km or less appear with trails normally, then outside 2km, they disappear.

But the strange thing is that if any ship is targeted any distance away, then the trails suddenly appear normally and also function as intended on every other ship of the same race and class regardless of distance.
I have read through various threads and have learned that this could be an issue with another mod that alters the TShip file, and apparently the mod will not work at all if there is a conflict.
So i tried installing the trail files as the main mod as the mod takes priority over fake patches, and using xtra ship and stations as a fake patch, but that didnt turn out 2 well!
But I have had this working perfectly with the mods that i am currently using
All ships in the sector had trails regardless of distance, race and of being targeted or not, and could be seen all over the sector and coming out of the jumpgates exactly as in the screenshot on Killerog's download page.
The reason it stopped working i think was because i uninstalled awrm mod with EES installed as an archive and subequently got 400 messages at once of lasers being invalid every time i loadaed or started a new game.
At the time i did not know how 2 fix it and ended up reinstalling the whole game as uninstalling scripts and re patching to 3.1 made no difference. And now I just cant get the trails working as they were before.

Have tried starting new games, jumping to unknown sectors with no ships in, removing my ship from the sector, activating script editor, saving, loading, then creatng ships in empty sectors, but they have the same trails problem, destroying them again, saving, loading, jumping back to populated secttors... nothing gets it working as it should.

I am and have been using Cadius Xtra ship and station pack as the installed mod with the script awrm and fake patch cmod patched to function together and i found that renaming and replacing the ees 8387 file in the compatibility patch in the t folder stopped the invalid laser messages.
I tried using the changeling tool and from what i understand, it imports certain scripts and then exports them into cat/dat files. I followed the thread instructions but the created files made the game crash. I guess im just not using it correctly. But it wasnt necessary to use it anyway.
I also have 33 scripts, 5 fake patches including cmod, and about another 5 scripts not installed via plugin manager, and afew library packages and they all work fine together none of which i am fairly sure use the TShips file as they are wares, commands, stations, sectors, textures, and al plugins.
I have tried renaming the cmod and trails cat/dat files to move them from 14/15 up to 22/23 as the trail files apparently must be directly after cmod. I have found that they will work together as long as the trail file is just higher than cmod.
Does this imply a load order in being the highest numbered files gets loaded last, and lower numbered cat/dat files overwrite the effects of higher ones?

Modding of this game is difficult to say the least and with the learning curve being almost vertical, for someone like me who knows basically nothing about editing or merging files ect or using the script editor effectively. It is a very high wall to climb.

I have tried to provide as much information as i can so maybe someone will understand what im doing wrong, or not doing.
I have also tried to use the other 2 trail mods and had very limited sucess with the mods im using.
Has anyone had a similar experience with the Killerog's trails mod or knows how to fix this?

{[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] Rule #1. Learn it. jlehtone}

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 2. May 11, 19:11

Was your post moved to this thread by a mod ? (message at the bottom).

Is it the Mk1 or Mk2 mod you are having a problem with ?

What mods do you have installed?

If you do have Xtra ship pack you should use the trail mod that was made for that mod and follow the instructions on what order things go. (I have no idea about this, check the SRM topic for a mod order as there is a trail pack for that mod as well should give some hints about what CMOD and the trail pack should be numbered).

The distance problem is a odd thing, and seems to be some times completely random. I will take another look at it after my exams if I have time.

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 16:40

Hi, is it possible to download old versions of the trails pack for Cadius' X-tra ships somewhere?
'Cause I want to bring back the Mass Effect version of his Hiroshima how it was until v1.84. I couln't find any working link for these old versions. Actually I would just need the M7_Hiroshima_scene.pdb of an old version.

Thanks.

A. Corvis

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”