[SCRIPT] Advanced Jumpdrive V1.22 : Updated 22/07/2015

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xXstubbifiedXx

Post by xXstubbifiedXx » Thu, 12. Jan 12, 05:08

Going to be a while before I can afford most of the addons, heh. They cost a ridiculous amount of credits in the game.

skeptic

Post by skeptic » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 00:12

UTs dont seem to want to jump unless a bog standard jumpdrive is installed. Or is it just me? Playing Albion. Otherwise, works fine.

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 00:19

Just an observation:

I used to find the p2p jump process immersion breaking (not this script specifically) as it involved warping the ship to dest sector, then relocating it. I found the re-positioning effect too noticeable and it sometimes failed particularly when running on task 0 when you accidentally move the ship.

I experimented with spawning temporary jump beacons for p2p jumps and found this to solve the problem completely, as the ship can now jump directly to the beacon using the jumpdrive command. The interesting part is syncing the beacon's self destruct with the ships and followers jumping to it.

The only downside was that the jump command would wait out the full countdown and would not speed up with SETA, though this may be a quirk of my implementation.

kardgar
x3tc

Post by kardgar » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 06:07

Cycrow, any plans to update the availability of the Adv. JD for AP for any Terran folks? Maybe make it available at the Goner Temple? I know you mentioned it initially was available from Argon and the Goner.

Dant12

Post by Dant12 » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 17:29

I installed this script and been using it for awhile, now I installed improved boarding and the hotkey for the advanced jumpdrive is gone, tried reinstalling it with no success
I'm running X3 AP 1.1
From the navigation menu the option still exists, but without the hotkey it's not the same...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 18:22

kardgar wrote:Cycrow, any plans to update the availability of the Adv. JD for AP for any Terran folks? Maybe make it available at the Goner Temple? I know you mentioned it initially was available from Argon and the Goner.
i might look at making available in the Moon

when i get chance to do some more scripting that is

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 18:22

Dant12 wrote:I installed this script and been using it for awhile, now I installed improved boarding and the hotkey for the advanced jumpdrive is gone, tried reinstalling it with no success
I'm running X3 AP 1.1
From the navigation menu the option still exists, but without the hotkey it's not the same...
this could be a standard hotkey issue that some people are having.

i've not looked into yet thou

Zonzo
x4

Post by Zonzo » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 17:14

Hi Cycrow,

Some time ago I wrote that traders (CLS & EST) won't use advanced jump drive.
Started playing again and figured out what's wrong.
If I issue command to ship from console (fly to another sector, dock in another sector) advanced jump drive works perfectly.
But if I give jump command (Shift+J), I end up in to galaxy map and jump fuel check. Looks like traders using same routine.
So, to solve this problem probably sort of fuel emulator needed on ship, AKA, if I hit Shift+J, then fuel check wont fail.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 18:04

its not possible, as the shift+j jump is completly hardcoded, its not changeable in any way.

the best you can do would be to rebind shift+j to the advanced jump menu hotkey

that way, it'll open the advanced jump rather than the hardcoded jump

as for CLS and EST, they use thier own movement scripts for the most part, and bypass any standard scripts, so the override scripts wont help for them.
Auto jump might work however, althou its something i've not tested yet

Zonzo
x4

Post by Zonzo » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 20:43

Thanks for reply. Basically giving to traders 1 SPP as refuelling point is not difficult.
And I reprogrammed Shift+J, thought might traders could use advanced jump drive.

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 21:43

It's possible to make the majority of NPCs use a special jump routine by hooking into/replacing '!move.jumptogate.nearest.xml'. Everything goes through this when travelling to a destination.

I included an optional replacement for that file in Beacon Jump (AP only) to enable this, and everything from UT's, traders doing standard buy/sell for best price, to NPC race ships just travelling to stations start doing p2p jumps. As long as they meet the requirements (enable cheat mode in beacon jump, then ships can p2p without a jump beacon, just need a JD + normal ecells).

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Sun, 18. Mar 12, 05:57

Maybe a little nit-picky but I figured I'd mention your 7539-L044 file has a few errors in it.

Specifically, you have a t-id pointing to a non-existent id, (2022, 99994 in 2022,226 - seems redundant), and you have a couple minor spelling typos, (Accelertor in Jumpdrive Accelerator in 17,13033, and longer as logner in 17, 12414.)

Always find typos like the Accelertor one a little immersion breaking. :)
:headbang: Microsoft

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sun, 18. Mar 12, 17:03

Just a bit of info for AP.
I have the adv jumpdrive scripts installed.

When I sent a ship to dock,factory etc and the destination is out of sector.
I have set the ship to allow jumping with the e-cell. (autojump)
The ship doesn't jump , it takes the slow boat method.

I have CDS scripts installed. (2 way cargo delivery - continiously)
The ship does jump to the pickup point and jumps back to deliver the wares.

But if I suddenly tell that particular ship to go to another destination OSS- it reverts back to the slow boat.

Doesn't matter if the ship has the adv jumpdrive and add-on installed or not.

Maybe this might give a insight what might be a cause.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 04:25

Cycrow: I'm using your Cheat Mod for Albion Prelude. I also tried to get both the Advanced Jump Drive and the overrides into AP. It worked for a short time on my BS Galactica mod, until it glitched up and reset everything. I tried to re-install it to both the BSG Mod and my Vanilla TC copy, however it doesn't seem to want to recognize that its there. I installed both packages, launched the game, saw it wasn't there. Exited, looked in my Plugin Editor, and they're definitely installed.

Ideas?

Andre_013
x3tc

Post by Andre_013 » Fri, 29. Jun 12, 14:30

Hi Cycrow,

In "Advanced Jumpdrive: Setup scripts" - setup.cycrow.advjump.xml
049 set script command upgrade: command=COMMAND_ADVJUMP_AUTO upgrade=Advanced Jumpdrive script='plugin.advjump.cmd.check'

The script doesn't exist. Why?

Nebdeath

Post by Nebdeath » Tue, 31. Jul 12, 20:22

This looks absolutely sweeeet, and a must have!!! Thanks!!!!

X3R0N

Post by X3R0N » Sat, 18. Aug 12, 22:37

Hey,

I seem to be having a fantastically weird problem, I have just done a complete reinstall of X3TC, updated to v 3.2 and installed the latest plugin manager.

After this I've only installed what should be needed to make the advanced jump drive work, however every time I try to jump to station, or jump to a specific point in space with the standard jumpdrive installed the autopilot just kicks in and starts to slowboat in that general direction.

I have no need for energy free jumps, I'd just like to be able to make point 2 point jumps inside a sector, and jump-dock stations :)

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this ?

Ook
x3tc

Post by Ook » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 00:20

You need the FTL Jumpdrive Extension installed on your ship as well as the advanced jumpdrive etc..

Then you can do point 2 point jumps within a sector.

Zynk
x3tc

Post by Zynk » Fri, 31. Aug 12, 02:56

Would you guys recommend this script or the advanced hyperdrive script? Can this script jump you instantly to any point in a sector? or do you have to jump to that sector, then jump to another position?

Jhanactus
x4

Not working for non-personal ships

Post by Jhanactus » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 15:13

Strange bug. Whenever I order another ship to Jump, without the advanced jumpdrive, they skip the jump portion and go to the next bit of the script.

Even if that's 'sit around and do nothing'.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”