[SCRIPT] Advanced Jumpdrive V1.22 : Updated 22/07/2015

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ArcAngel087

Post by ArcAngel087 » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 10:20

Hi I tried to install with the your plugin manager but its telling me that its only for x3:tc. Is that the case or can I install it for TC and it will still work for AP.

ManiakNL
x3ap

Post by ManiakNL » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 10:50

ArcAngel087 wrote:Hi I tried to install with the your plugin manager but its telling me that its only for x3:tc. Is that the case or can I install it for TC and it will still work for AP.
Hi, i had the same message when i tried to install this for AP

You can just ignore the message and install it anyways. (For AP that is)

I think this i due this file was flagged for TC before AP came. The script "Seems" fully compatible with AP since i did not encounter any problems.

However it is fital that you close the script manager before launching the game. If you do not do that and go to an Equipment dock it will show 4 empty entries all costing 28cr. (No worries if you see this just close the game and then the script manager and start the game again)

Hope this helps!

ArcAngel087

Post by ArcAngel087 » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 11:41

Thanks I'll give that a shot then.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 11:48

yes the package simply hasnt been updated to include AP on the valid games list. it should work fine in AP

kaylo7
x3tc

Post by kaylo7 » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 09:52

For those having trouble properly installing this - I finally got mine working by installing a prior version. To clarify, my issue was the wares and jump menu were not appearing in my game at all, although I later ran into the other issues with it appearing but mislabeled ZA_EMP_BLANK_etc in equipment docks during troubleshooting.
I did the same attempted fixes of removing all Cycrow scripts and reinstalling via the manager, as well as installing EMP to see if that helped. I also tried EMP-X. These caused the wares to appear in-game but labeled ZA_EMP_BLANK_etc. I also tried removing the Improved Boarding mod as that was listed as an issue somewhere in this forum, but that didn't help either.
I almost gave up, but tracked down an older version of the mod and it miraculously worked.
This is the current version I originally tried: AdvancedJumpdrive-V1.50-11.03.2007
And this is the prior version that worked: AdvancedJumpdrive-V1.20-12.08.2010

I say "prior version" due to the version number, but you'll notice the date is 3 years later, so I'm a little confused about the labeling system Cycrow uses...

Papio
x3ap

Post by Papio » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 11:25

This has probably already been posted about 300 times but version AdvancedJumpdrive-V1.50-11.03.2007 is for X3: R
AdvancedJumpdrive-V1.20-12.08.2010 is for TC and AP.

kaylo7 you somehow ended up in the reunion forum and downloaded that games Script.

kaylo7
x3tc

Post by kaylo7 » Sun, 14. Jul 13, 08:09

Hehehehe.
Well, I saw others mentioning they installed the wrong script but never suspected myself. Always look carefully before downloading I guess...

erevo

Post by erevo » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 15:19

I installed the 2010 one using the plugin manager. I am playing with AP and XRM. The jump menu works, but all of the options like jump to gate and position do the same thing as jump to sector.

GeneralHatchet

Post by GeneralHatchet » Thu, 10. Oct 13, 19:36

Does this work with albion prelude?

ShEsHy

Post by ShEsHy » Sun, 20. Oct 13, 13:12

All the components are "installed" in my cargobay unlike normal equipment (Jumpdrive, SpaceFly Collector,...). Is this intentional of bugged?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 21. Oct 13, 09:45

Thats intended yeah, its not possible to make new wares that are installed like the other extensions, as they are hardcoded, so anything using EMP or Custom wares will show up in the Cargo bay

ShEsHy

Post by ShEsHy » Mon, 21. Oct 13, 14:34

Cycrow wrote:Thats intended yeah, its not possible to make new wares that are installed like the other extensions, as they are hardcoded, so anything using EMP or Custom wares will show up in the Cargo bay
Thank you for the fast reply. Guess I'll just have to suppress my OCD ;).

VaporSnake
x4

Post by VaporSnake » Tue, 26. Nov 13, 11:34

Is there any way to edit the Advanced JD to be size XL like XRM-style Jumpdrives?

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 19:03

Is there any reason why the AJ Overrides wouldn't work for XRM? My ships refuse to jump no matter what I set them to or tell them to do.

cyanideghost

Post by cyanideghost » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 11:32

Is it possible to change it so it can be sold back to a particular station? I mean instead of offering 4/4, can it be made to 1/4 or something like that?
Ideally I would like to be able to change that so it offers 10 and can sell back upto 100 at a time, got too many that are unnecessary ;p
I scoured the script, couldn't figure out where it was located.

TecWolf
x4

Post by TecWolf » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 11:21

I've encountered a bug with with the autojump feature. When i give orders like "move to sector, "dock at...", "protect station" to my wings they're not jumping but instead try to fly there. It works on them when they are not given wing commands. Funny thing though "protect me" works even as wing command. I'll look into the code after work today perhaps i can find whats causing this.

Cheers
Tec

boran_blok
x3fl

Post by boran_blok » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 13:03

Sorry for the necromancy, but is this script compatible with the latest version of AP ?

I am getting the issue that this script adds four empty wares to the equipment docks, as you can see on this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/bbvob8X.jpg

As far as I can see the T files are installed correctly.

I do have a fair number of mods however I cannot exclude any of them is causing a conflict. This is the entire list of mods I have installed:

Code: Select all

Community Plugin Configuration 
Hotkey Manager 
Plugin Manager Library Scripts AP 
Ware Manager 
500km Comm Range 
AP Libraries 
Detector 
Force_NPC_Undocking_v2 
Gates no rep loss 
Hide "Press <KEY> to switch flight mode 
JSON parser library 
MK3 Improvement Reloaded 
NPC Bailing Addon 
Salvage Claim Software 
Trade Overview 
Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator 
EnhancedBriefings 
Universe Explorers 
CAG Shared Library 
Commecrcial Agent 
Hephaestus Station Building Service 
Colored Claimable Ships 
Stock Exchange hotkeys 
MW Target Nearest Unclaimed Ship 
Bulk Transporter Upgrade 
TCM Tubeless_Complex_Mod 
Advanced Jumpdrive 

EDIT: I found the conflict:
Bulk Transporter Upgrade :: al_main repacked for TC by snwkill :: 1.15 :: 15/05/2009
was the culprit.

I uninstalled this and everything seems OK now, though it is a tad expensive: http://i.imgur.com/CgCy91G.jpg

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 16:39

Blank wares usually mean that the ware entries for them dont exist in the files.

so its possible that script is changing the ware files so they are no longer there.

The prices are correct, its an expensive device

boran_blok
x3fl

Post by boran_blok » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 17:29

Cycrow wrote: so its possible that script is changing the ware files so they are no longer there.
Correct, that conflicting script adds a transporter device for TL's and up, and probably predates your ware manager.

I don't know enough about scripting yet to fix that at the moment.

noname159
x3ap

Post by noname159 » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 15:49

Cycrow, I am having hard time with your script. On the first glance, it works great, on second, there are big problems.

First I will quote digdug83, who found similar problem:
PostPosted: Wed, 11. Dec 13, 20:03 Post subject:
Is there any reason why the AJ Overrides wouldn't work for XRM? My ships refuse to jump no matter what I set them to or tell them to do.

I installed your script via Pluging Manager Lite V1.47, ware manager 1.10, hotkey manager 1.21, community plugin configuration 1.51 . Advanced jumpdrive 1.20, advanced jumpdrive - overrides 1.00 . Started with normal install + XRM.

All wares are correctly displayed in stations, no problems there.
I have unbound shift-J from default jumpdrive command and changed it to shift-I , bound shift-J to advanced jumpdrive: jump yourself .

It has been mentioned few years ago, I can't jump to gate in same sector without very expensive addon, I don't want to cheat the money or add it from cheatmenu. Small but annoying bug.

Quite often, when I select to jump to gate and select a gate, advanced jumpdrive jump in to the center of system. Annoying again, but not fatal, unless there is trigger happy Xenon fleet waiting :)

Now, my other ships are real concern. For example, when I give ship order to follow me, it flies across sectors without using jumpdrive. Most other jump commands do nothing. They are acknowledged, then immediately ignored (current order: none). Commands from advanced jump menu works similar - jump to me works as follow me - jumpdrive is ignored, current order says Advanced Jump Menu. Jump to sector and jump to gate are ignored, the rest moves through normal space, not jumping.
Autojump in ship command console is set to yes, minimum jump range 0, fuel resuply quantity 160.
I have tried using ships with normal jumpdrive, normal jumpdrive + jumpdrive energy generator, advanced jumpdrive, both jumpdrive AND advanced jumpdrive installed.

Mistral - ship with normal jumpdrive and lots of batteries behaves this way.
Hydra - ship with normal jumpdrive, no batteries and energy generator can use jump to gate and jump to sector commands, as long as they are through advanced jumpdrive menu, but for example jump to me jumped to gate that was the most far away from me, by a long shot. Next time it jumped few km away from me.
Express - ship with jumpdrive and advanced jumpdrive and energy cells - something between those two.

I really dont know how to fix it, I have been thinking about uninstalling it completely, but I don't know how to do that and maintain saves. Should I sell the addons, remove hotkey, save, quit, then uninstall from plugin manager? Something else?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”