[SCRIPT] Equipment Research and Development V1.00 : Update 03/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Triscopic
x3tc

Post by Triscopic » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 22:24

At the risk of Necroing this thread, I wanted to update with respect to (a) using this with Terran docks (I was looking for the answer myself, found the question here thanks to google but it had no answer) and (b) using this with XRM (which is possible)

So:

(a) Terran Equipment Docks are called Orbital Defence Stations. Build one of these and you can reverse engineer equipment at it. Also the Orbital Patrol Base is an EQ dock (with internal docking to boot), but I think you might be unable to buythis unless you (lkie me) add it to a SY using the cheat scripts first.

(b) This script CAN be made to work with XRM. I use both. There is however a catch, since XRM replaces the "Equipment Dock-type" stations with "HQ-type" stations that use the old equipment dock models and names. This means this script won't work since it includes a check to ensure the command only appears at "Equipment Dock-type" stations.

This can be fixed in two ways:

1. The first option is to modify the setup script (setup.cycrow.rnd) so it accepts a class that isn't "Equipment Dock" (e.g. Headquarters). I've not tested this, but it should work.

2. Use cycrow's excellent cheat package to create the vanilla variants of the equipment docks. They're usually listed as having 1 unit of weight below the same named XRM variant. This is what I've been doing and it works great.

I prefer option 2 personally, since I create all my docks this way to prevent my blue prints ending up in the wrong place. Just debit your credits while you're there by the appropriate amount. Job done.
Last edited by Triscopic on Mon, 13. Jan 14, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
Proudly lurking since 2004

gamble999
x4

Post by gamble999 » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 20:39

Can you help me out Triscopic?

I'm playing XRM, I'm Argon, and I want to use this script so I tried adding a few equipment docks to a sector but I never get a chance to research, what is the correct station?

Thanks. :)

Triscopic
x3tc

Post by Triscopic » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 09:43

Well, I pretty much always play Terran in XRM, but I would imagine the same rule applies as I describe above. Use Cycrow's cheat script, select the option to create a station, filter it to "Docks" and "Argon" and look at the entries for "Argon Equipment Dock". There will probably be two, and one will have a weight which is a nice round number, e.g. 10,500 (might be wrong on the exact number as I'm at work), and the other will have a weight that is 1 unit higher, e.g. 10,501. The second one is the XRM version based on the HQ class. The first one is an original Equipment Dock, without recycling, repairing, respraying or the "dynamic" cargo bay, but which WILL allow Cycrow's script to run.

Hope that helps.

gamble999
x4

Post by gamble999 » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 20:06

Thanks it worked! Now I´m off to get some things on my ships. 8)

By the way, I´m starting to think about adding my own Argon Shipyard to the game in XRM, do you think it could damage the game? I will add every Argon ship there is to it. :lol:

Triscopic
x3tc

Post by Triscopic » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 21:07

I don't see how it could cause a problem exactly. But it might not work as you'd hope...

If you plan to add a new XRM style ship yard, in which case you'll need to add blueprints just like an HQ remember you'll loose the ability to reverse engineer blueprints to your existing HQ as only the latest HQ saves blueprints. If u haven't built an HQ yet though this will work well.

If u add an old style shipyard and sett the owner to yourself it won't be any different to the usual ones - you'll still pay the same money to buy each ship.

gamble999
x4

Post by gamble999 » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 23:57

:evil: Didn´t work, I was thinking of selling ships from the shipyard but I have two problems :

1 - how the hell do I stock ships in the shipyard? I thought it came with 10 units of each type I added (through Cycrow´s Cheat Menu) but seems like the stock is always at 0. :shock:
2 - how do you make the AI buy the ships? Is it even possible?

Seems like I dreamt too high... :(

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 14. Jan 14, 00:12

At your PHQ you can build ships and then manually sell.
I am talking vanilla here.

Now if you try to script yourself a shipyard with Cycrow's CP, then what you get is somewhere to park your ships...not a showroom to sell to NPCs

gamble999
x4

Post by gamble999 » Tue, 14. Jan 14, 15:35

Well, guess my plans of conquering the universe (financially) will be postponed for now. :cry:

On with the salvage operations, there are big bucks to be earned with those abandoned ships! 8)

Thanks for the replies guys, this game is really awesome but a tiny bit complicated sometimes. :wink:

gamble999
x4

Post by gamble999 » Sat, 18. Jan 14, 14:23

Jumee wrote:Does any one know how to change the research time? it looks like it is dependent on the price of the equipment? because it shows that it will finish researching JD in 30 days 23 hours 50 minutes :D a little bit too much isn't it ? :D

NOTE: this is obviously because I have a mod installed that greatly increases JD's price, and so I was wondering if there is any way to speed the process up? (I'm fine with research using tons of resources and credits, but time... :))

EDIT: ignore all of this managed to edit the file a bit to change values 36 hours for JD is a lot better than 30 days :)
I want to edit the jumpdrive value as well, how and where can I do it?

Thanks.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Mon, 24. Feb 14, 02:15

gamble999 wrote:I want to edit the jumpdrive value as well, how and where can I do it?

Thanks.
hey, you have probably figured this out by now, but you just need to open the script file in anything (I think I used the notepad but I did that a long time ago so I am not sure), you will notice a simple formula that calculates the time required, you should see the dependency with the value, then just experiment with the numbers until it works
"If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them"

lets pretend november 15 never happened

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 8. Sep 14, 20:01

Hi Cycrow,
I want to ask for the permission to modify and reupload this script, as I like the Idea, I know how to script, and I want to use this as resource for one of my script-projects, finally you don't look like having time for it anymore?
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 8. Sep 14, 23:34

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:Hi Cycrow,
I want to ask for the permission to modify and reupload this script, as I like the Idea, I know how to script, and I want to use this as resource for one of my script-projects, finally you don't look like having time for it anymore?
This should answer your question
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 54#3185654
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 8. Sep 14, 23:36

THX
My X3 Mods

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 25. Jun 15, 12:14

Ok I'm done with my improvements:
http://www.nexusmods.com/x3terranconflict/mods/11/?
My X3 Mods

abolt101
xr

Post by abolt101 » Mon, 7. Sep 15, 02:17

What happened to this script? It doesn't seem to be available anymore??? :evil:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 7. Sep 15, 10:27

The site it was hosted on has gone.

i've updated the link in the first post

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 17:54

@ubuntufreakdragon:

I used your version of this script in my modder package and it seems to work but i noticed that in cycrows plugin manager the script is listed but if you click it nothing happens.

Is the entry there an artifact from the old script or should something open?

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 18:16

will look it up
My X3 Mods

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 19:36

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:will look it up
Eh sorry, you guessed it - i mean the Community Plugin Configuration scripts.

To many names... but thx. :)

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 26. Jul 18, 11:56

Its a small typo in the setup
Edit: Allready fixed the bug, but release is delayed for some feature update.
Edit: update released.
My X3 Mods

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”