[MOD] X2 Ship Callback Mod V2 {V1.08} [4/6 3.1 compatible][Cockpit version added]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 14:30

killerog wrote: hmm thats strange, i tested each ship before i put them in to make sure all the turrets/weapons worked fine.

Can you list the broken ships please? Would make it easier for me and others to test them.

Can anyone else test some of the ships to see if this a a mod problem or a problem localist to xiriod game.
I just tested the Colossus and the AP Gunner. I have 3 other projects I am working on so I stopped there. Titan's camera dummies worked wonders, and the ship too.

But the two others had their camera's in centre ship. So I guess it's in the scene file. I am at work now though, so I don't have the files available.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 14:39

Ok Ill check the scene files out today.

Maybe im just going mad and forgot to check them. :shock:

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 15:34

Updated Op with new version.

TylerEvarts

Post by TylerEvarts » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 19:15

I know this is a dumb question, but... O cant seem to figure out how o install the beta version that you have created. Tried using Cycrows plugin programs but no luck. Please help me, it would be highly appreciated. Great work on the mod by he way! :D

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 19:17

Just extract the file you download to the main X3:TC folder (where X3.exe is). It should create a few folders, if its installed you will receive a message in game.

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 21:02

2 things...

1. the Old Titan is still a shitstorm for bad guys :lol:

2. any chance of having this thrown in from Roguey (if he's still about for permission). He was nice enough to make it for me, I miss it. It should fit into TC just fine.

[ external image ]

http://roguey.freewha.com/gaming/pc/x3/ ... php?id=243

I'm prepared to beg :P

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 21:24

Ill give him a shout, see if he dosnt mind.

Should be an update later 2 night if i finish what im currently working on.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 23:38

Updated Op with v0.05.

As far as i can tell this ships shoudl be used by the ai. If someone sees the ai using a ship can they please tell. Thanks :wink:

@SLeeZeCoRe : ive emailed Roguey about that ship.

Kasabian
x3ap

Post by Kasabian » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 02:08

Old X2 ships are something I sorely missed and was disappointed not to see included in X3 or TC.

It makes more sense to have a few of the old style ships floating around, after all the time frame is set not that long after X2. I have not tried the mod yet, I am unsure if I should wait for the final version or not.

I have a few questions if you do not mind.Will you be adding the X2 voice files for the ships and adding details to the encyclopaedia? Also will you add X3 ships, like the arrow, etc. (I may be wrong about the arrow not being present, but I never saw it) Also, can we reverse engineer these ships?

I was not that impressed with TC when I first played it and almost instantly stopped playing it. But with the latest patches it is shaping up nicely and with the genius that is this mod I will most definitely start playing it properly again. :)

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 02:16

I cant see any reason not to try it out now, more people testing it the faster i can have a nearly bugless release.

I will be adding details to each ships but thats quite low on my list at the moment. Not sure about the sound files, i will have to take a look into it.

Tomorrow i should be relesing the next version which just includes paranid and xeon ships, plus any fixes to bugs i find.

I could use some ideas for balancing the X2 ships so they fit in to TC.

Kasabian
x3ap

Post by Kasabian » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 02:33

I know it would help you test, but I do not have much spare time and if a patch to your mod required restarting the game, it would not be good for me. That is why I am thinking of waiting till you feel the mod is nearly complete. :)

I am not keen on the Roguey ship, quite an ugly one that and does not really fit in too well, will it be optional? Because I can not say I would like having it in the game. I am more into having Egosoft only, proper X ships.

I am looking forward to seeing your Paaranid and Xenon progress tomorrow. :)

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 02:37

Hopefully my mod will never need a restart(not for a long while yet).

That ship like all ships will be avaible to buy. But i will not let the ai use it, so it will only appear if you buy it.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 21:17

Updated op.

@SLeeZeCoRe: Roguey has given me permission to use his model so expect to see it in the next version.

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 22:03

Cheers geeza :D

I found the original pic I made...

[ external image ]

Roguey used the Dragon hull instead of the Nemesis, but I won't argue coz I tried some model mods my self and discovered a talent for sucking.

I agree with him changing it from a fast under shielded M3 to a slow M3+ :D

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 03:54

killerog wrote:I cant see any reason not to try it out now, more people testing it the faster i can have a nearly bugless release.

I will be adding details to each ships but thats quite low on my list at the moment. Not sure about the sound files, i will have to take a look into it.

Tomorrow i should be relesing the next version which just includes paranid and xeon ships, plus any fixes to bugs i find.

I could use some ideas for balancing the X2 ships so they fit in to TC.
The only thing I can think of since I have not played X2 myself would be to drop ships down a class (and adjust weapons accordingly) or perhaps cut the weapons/shields/speed to be subpar compared to the current generation ships.

Also an extra DL link for the mod :) http://tinyurl.com/ml9au6
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 12:49

Currently the X2 ships do have less weapons then the new X3 ships, Ill probly lower their weapon energy,shields and price but raise the speed and turning slightly.

Download added to OP.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 13:06

killerog wrote:Currently the X2 ships do have less weapons then the new X3 ships, Ill probly lower their weapon energy,shields and price but raise the speed and turning slightly.

As it should be, they are older ships after all. They can be cheaper, and fulfill other roles than they did when they were commissioned. I.e. the old Titan could be used more like a light destroyer. Better speed and agility at expense of guns and shielding. Much like the original Boreas was meant to be :) 3 x 2GJ shields for example, 75-90 m/s speed, 0.45-.09 steering perhaps.

Sir Squallus
x4

Post by Sir Squallus » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 14:41

I also think that the X2 ships should be Cheaper than the new one, perhaps as an Cheap Civil fleet, you should be able to buy than earlier and they should also be mutch more Weaker than the X3 ships

Terminetor
x3

Post by Terminetor » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 12:58

this is a fantastic mod :o :o :o
tere are onli 2 problems
1)The fighter can't dock to the M1 because the M1 heven't any docking bay

2)the turrets of the split's M2 don't work (becose one of the 4 rear turret don't shoot and insead of it shoot the left turret :o and the left turret shoot whit one of the rear turret(the one who dont shoot))

Ps
i am sorry but i am italian so i am not shoure to heve write correctly
i hope you dont mind

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 13:26

I have not added docking bays to any ships yet. Need to think of how i will add them.

Ill take a look at the split M2. Hopfully i will be releasing a 2.1 version soon (just need to re do the scripts).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”