[AL PLUGIN] Pirate Guild 3: Dynamic AI and Guild System - v1.59 - [2010-07-22]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Azrimalos
x4

Post by Azrimalos » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 01:13

Azrimalos wrote:
Echofinder wrote:The pages are blank as they simply initiate the download. Perhaps your browser security setting are interfering?

In that case, try right-clicking the link and selecting "Save as".
SAVE LINK AS did not work

also doesnt download on my other compter. Not even if i turn off the internet security.
Sent the links to a friend who it worked for and just sent me the zip files. Wierd it wont work for me.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 17:05

I'm ranked as "friend" with the Guild (took many fighters and money), but there are still red Guild ships attacking me and my property (but their bases are blue). Will they continue to do so no matter how much I raise my rep with the Guild or will eventually all Guild ships become blue (have set Pirates to friendly in settings and they're still red)?

Cause I'm just about to say "to hell with it" and start oblitterating their bases and forces. Oh, I'm playing AP.

Post by Guest » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 17:28

... can't you tell them to stop being hostile ?? (via hotkey)

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 17:36

sadly not, cause I don't have such a hotkey.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 10:16

JonfersonSDD wrote:... can't you tell them to stop being hostile ?? (via hotkey)
I've got the same problem and cant "tell them to stop beeing hostile". where do i find this?
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Post by Guest » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 15:23

... there is a hotkey which allows you to communicate with (all kinds of) pirates via "an Xtra channel"
... but I don't know if you must join the pirate guild to be able to use this kind of "communication" :?:
Serial Kicked wrote: :arrow: Main Features
  • Pirate Bases (PB) buy and capture ships to build defenses and raiding parties
  • When attacked pirate stations will respond with lethal forces
  • The Guild will favor attacking the race which deals the most damage to it
  • Lasertower and M6 deployment for PB defense purpose
  • Ability for the player to befriend the pirate faction and the Guild
  • Two Pirate Shipyards are spawned in the universe
  • Mobile Guild HQ attacking enemy sectors and rearming at the PB (Galleon M1)
  • Ability for the Guild to buy a Brigantine M2 to defend its stations
  • PB selling / buying more goods (weaponry, software, shielding)
  • Pirate Guild ships are using the jumpdrive to travel
  • Ability for the plugin to use custom ships and weaponry (from mods)
  • The player gain additional money for the destruction of pirate guild's assets
  • Pirate economic system (raids give money used to buy ships / defenses)
  • Setup menu allowing to select the Guild's strength
  • Comm. with the PB through a hot-key allowing to access various services
  • Dynamic Defense System with endangered PB calling patrolling M7 for help

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 12:40

I made a few changes to Pirate guild to be compatible with ADS - real wings extension.

[ external image ]

I have not tested this yet, as I am quite busy, so feedback is welcome.

PromX
x4

Post by PromX » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 14:22

Nicoman35 wrote:I made a few changes to Pirate guild to be compatible with ADS - real wings extension.

[ external image ]

I have not tested this yet, as I am quite busy, so feedback is welcome.
Finally! Thank you for your effort :)

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 17:01

PromX wrote:Finally! Thank you for your effort :)
You're welcome :).
But hold your horses and don't expect too much, RWE handles most stuff very different than original ADS. Especially wing AI, target aquisition and such.
I had a quick and rough overview regarding PG3. Serial uses ADS only for pirate bases.
I had a breef nightmare of letting PG3 use ADS-RWE for huge ships also, the very likely big odds are keeping me off from doing that.
Currently, I am a happy man, if ADS-RWE and PG3 like each other.
Will have a look for Yaki Armada, if PG3 is running smoothly with ADS-RWE.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 29. Jun 14, 00:17

Noob question as a bit out of practice:

For X3AP, am I right in thinking I should install into the terran conflict/addon folder?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Thu, 28. Aug 14, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.

grayx

Post by grayx » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 21:16

Hi, guys.

Little help please. I'm planning to try LU mod but I would like to try some of my favorite mods.

Does this mod works with LU megamod? If not, is it possible to adapt it?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 00:09

grayx wrote:Hi, guys.

Little help please. I'm planning to try LU mod but I would like to try some of my favorite mods.

Does this mod works with LU megamod? If not, is it possible to adapt it?
Maybe, but not recommended.
Litcubes has made so many changes that it is near impoasibke to tell if it is compatible.
Give vanilla Litcubes Universe a try and you might find that you don't really need this script in the first place.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 08:39

Jack's probably right.

Despite no one bothering to reply to my question, I got it installed and it seems to be working in that a Guild has populated across space but that doesn't mean they don't conflict in some way.

grayx

Post by grayx » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 10:23

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Jack's probably right.

Despite no one bothering to reply to my question, I got it installed and it seems to be working in that a Guild has populated across space but that doesn't mean they don't conflict in some way.
Yup, but this is all guess work, until Litcube answers with some more details. I was looking in lu wiki, but it's still short with this kind of data.

I also installed Anarkis Defense System - v2.65.1, and it seems there is no conflict, but it's a fresh game so I'm fully aware that I could have broken the game and chaos could be waiting for me much later on.

Didn't installed Yaki Armada mod. Anyone tried it yet?

It would be good if Litcube point out are there some similar features in LU as in these scripts/mods I used.

For example:

- Pirate Guld [this mod]
- Anarkis Defense System
- Yaki Armada (What's with Yaki anyway? Are they present in LU?)
- MARS system
- Improved Collect Wares
- Improved Kha'ak 2 The Revenge

Or any other info that would be useful.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 10:28

From what I've read, I don't think he wants to go there. For now, he's still developing LU and as we've seen with Rebirth, that can break mod compatibility so it's probably not worth spending too much energy on comparability with a range of things at his stage.

There is a player-run thread for talking about script/mod compatibility with LU that would probably be the best place for this discussion. You can find that here:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=367414

Regards,
Sparks

grayx

Post by grayx » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 10:28

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Jack's probably right.

Yup, but this is all guess work, until Litcube answers with some more details. I was looking in lu wiki, but it's still short with this kind of data.

edit: Sorry about cross-posting.
Last edited by grayx on Fri, 1. Aug 14, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 10:07

Please keep the discussions about LU to one of its dedicated threads. There's even one about script/mod compatibility.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 17:28

yes

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 00:38

I've killed several Pirate Guild Outposts in a Litcube's Universe game yet a Pirate Guild Shipyard is still wiling to let me dock and buy an Outpost. Is that working as intended, a LU-related bug or a Pirate Guild bug?

grayx

Post by grayx » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 13:18

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:I've killed several Pirate Guild Outposts in a Litcube's Universe game yet a Pirate Guild Shipyard is still wiling to let me dock and buy an Outpost. Is that working as intended, a LU-related bug or a Pirate Guild bug?
I don't not sure, but I think in one of my previous gameplays (this mod added to XRM) iirc, if your relation with them is lower over some threshold you were denied dock anywhere and they are actively hostile toward you and your assets.

But, I think I was able to rise my standings by doing missions for them, if relation wasn't too low. Now, I haven't seen any mission from them and I was unable to rise my present standing of -1. Wasn't looking too much into it, new into the game, busy elsewhere.

Maybe I should try recommended Military Base Response revamp to see if it do something.

- Have seen Mobile Guild HQ in Elena's Fortune engaging small orbital defense platform.
- Can't befriend them as far as I can see.
- There is at least one Pirate shipyard in my game.
- I haven't noticed they are using jumpdrive to travel

I don't see any pirate economy. No pirate transports or something it their sectors... From time to time, I do see short skirmishes when pirate's group is passing through some heavily guarded sector, but I think that's an ordinary general AI response to hostile forces, not something added via this mod...

Unlikely, but maybe export/import has altered something in behavior of this mod. I did switch for 1.2.3 to 1.2.4.

In short, although it apparently doesn't hurt LU gameplay, it seems it doesn't work as it supposed to do.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”