[AL PLUGIN] Pirate Guild 3: Dynamic AI and Guild System - v1.59 - [2010-07-22]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

grayx

Post by grayx » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 10:28

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Jack's probably right.

Despite no one bothering to reply to my question, I got it installed and it seems to be working in that a Guild has populated across space but that doesn't mean they don't conflict in some way.
Yup, but this is all guess work, until Litcube answers with some more details. I was looking in lu wiki, but it's still short with this kind of data.

edit: Sorry about cross-posting.
Last edited by grayx on Fri, 1. Aug 14, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 10:07

Please keep the discussions about LU to one of its dedicated threads. There's even one about script/mod compatibility.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 17:28

yes

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 00:38

I've killed several Pirate Guild Outposts in a Litcube's Universe game yet a Pirate Guild Shipyard is still wiling to let me dock and buy an Outpost. Is that working as intended, a LU-related bug or a Pirate Guild bug?

grayx

Post by grayx » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 13:18

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:I've killed several Pirate Guild Outposts in a Litcube's Universe game yet a Pirate Guild Shipyard is still wiling to let me dock and buy an Outpost. Is that working as intended, a LU-related bug or a Pirate Guild bug?
I don't not sure, but I think in one of my previous gameplays (this mod added to XRM) iirc, if your relation with them is lower over some threshold you were denied dock anywhere and they are actively hostile toward you and your assets.

But, I think I was able to rise my standings by doing missions for them, if relation wasn't too low. Now, I haven't seen any mission from them and I was unable to rise my present standing of -1. Wasn't looking too much into it, new into the game, busy elsewhere.

Maybe I should try recommended Military Base Response revamp to see if it do something.

- Have seen Mobile Guild HQ in Elena's Fortune engaging small orbital defense platform.
- Can't befriend them as far as I can see.
- There is at least one Pirate shipyard in my game.
- I haven't noticed they are using jumpdrive to travel

I don't see any pirate economy. No pirate transports or something it their sectors... From time to time, I do see short skirmishes when pirate's group is passing through some heavily guarded sector, but I think that's an ordinary general AI response to hostile forces, not something added via this mod...

Unlikely, but maybe export/import has altered something in behavior of this mod. I did switch for 1.2.3 to 1.2.4.

In short, although it apparently doesn't hurt LU gameplay, it seems it doesn't work as it supposed to do.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 14:31

Import/Export won't transfer anything associated with the pirate guild except for the ships, so any script commands that are running on the ships that aren't LU vanilla, won't be transfered.
Before you do an Export, you should turn off pirate guild so you don't have 'lost' ships around the galaxy that pirate guild has left behind.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

grayx

Post by grayx » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 16:51

jack775544 wrote:Import/Export won't transfer anything associated with the pirate guild except for the ships, so any script commands that are running on the ships that aren't LU vanilla, won't be transfered.
Before you do an Export, you should turn off pirate guild so you don't have 'lost' ships around the galaxy that pirate guild has left behind.
I did, but I don't know how PG3 script reacts to a such event.

After import into 1.2.4 and re-enabling Pirate Guild mod, I saw reappearance of two Pirate bases which were destroyed in my 1.2.3. game (Atreus' Cloud and one more in one paranid sector). In 1.2.4, I'm yet to see that some Pirate base is attacked by any ship. As if they are neutral to all.

Is there a need for this in LU anyway?
Is there some similar Pirate Guild script?

I noticed Pirate "campping" in some sectors, which is LU reported behavior. Maybe there is a conflict. Ii would be nice if we would have more dynamic Pirates. PG3 was great addon in XMR. I don't see any reason (unless it's not needed) not to be the same in LU.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 3. Aug 14, 13:04

I saw reappearance of two Pirate bases which were destroyed in my 1.2.3.
That will happen, pirate guild will know nothing that happened pre-export.
As if they are neutral to all.
Look at the settings in the AL menu, you might have it set for the guild to be neutral.
Is there a need for this in LU anyway?
Personally I am too busy with the Phanon and OCV to need to have pirates being active as well.
Is there some similar Pirate Guild script?
Not that I know of
Maybe there is a conflict.
Litcube's Universe changed so much that you can never know where there are incompatibilities. Nearly everything in vanilla has been changed so some script dependency could have been slightly broken because of the mod. I know Litcube has tried to make it so that those issues don't crop up, but he isn't perfect.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 22:19

Is there a X3: AP compatible version as well?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 23:08

The main version is AP-compatible.

Just drop the files in the /addon directory and enjoy extra pirate goodness.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 29. Aug 14, 13:59

Thanks, I will have a look at this. :)

dantebelmondo
x4

Re: [AL PLUGIN] Pirate Guild 3: Dynamic AI and Guild System - v1.59 - [2010-07-22]

Post by dantebelmondo » Fri, 20. Aug 21, 20:56

I'm playing with this Classic right now and will post any fixes.

1. Emergency fix (not quite :roll: ): Order 1 - Raid TS is bugged. There's a fix in the thread to replace it with the Weaken codes. But that doesn't check the cargo space of target ship.
The issue is there's a return null before issuing the attack. And a minor out of bound error.
Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2o4kkmjq ... ix.7z/file
Testing on AP 3.3

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”