[AL PLUGIN] Pirate Guild 3: Dynamic AI and Guild System - v1.59 - [2010-07-22]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

MOULINET
x3tc

Post by MOULINET » Tue, 19. May 09, 00:35

hi
Same problem with me :
- got the "major update available" message (no further issue once the ok button has been hit)
- ECS don't work
- got the "thank you for your help, 5000 credits" message with complete freeze.

I uninstall the script but that's frustrating, cause it seems to be a must have

tamtam77

Post by tamtam77 » Thu, 21. May 09, 12:34

Absolutely MUSTHAVE script!!!

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Thu, 21. May 09, 22:52

Downloaded into my game. Looks good!

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 22. May 09, 00:07

My game is crashing as well. This only happened with the 1.21 version 1.20 worked fine

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Fri, 22. May 09, 20:17

Still loving thi in my game. However, everytime I load up a game I get the message saying I new version of the script has been detected and that I need to reactivate it in the artificial life settings. Any reason why this is happening?

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 22. May 09, 21:05

It was fun, but I had a lot of freezes in my game. So I took away one after one of the scripts/mods I had installed. After I removed this one my freezes went away though. By freeze I mean the game just stopped, and I had to alt-tab and end the process.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 23. May 09, 10:15

Yes, this script is causing problems for me too. Had that error where got some message about destroying a ship and being given 5000 credits ( I didnt destroy any ship) and then freeze.

mikthescot
x3tc

Post by mikthescot » Sat, 23. May 09, 13:02

were do i download it i clicked on the link but there is no were i can download it just says the file name and size but no link saying download??

http://www.2shared.com/file/5797228/cb7 ... guild.html?

KingCrimson
x3tc

Post by KingCrimson » Sat, 23. May 09, 17:42

Hey Serial,

I love the pirate guild AL Plugin from X3:R so I was hyped to see you made it even better for X3:TC.
Unfortunately, I'm getting similar errors as everyone else with the ECS not working.
I have a hotkey assigned (v) but it never opens the dialogs like it did in X3:R.

I did see a possible issue with the ECS AL Plugin linking to the Pirate Guild 3 AL Plugin. It is saying

'anarkis.pirate.init' <Not Found>

in the anarkis.pirate.comm script call.

anarkis.pirate.init is a global variable set in the setup init file of the PG AL. Maybe there is an ordering problem...

If you need more details I'll be more than happy to help :wink:

-KingCrimson

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sat, 23. May 09, 19:52

Teah, ECS doesn't work with it...but still, other than that works fine for me!

BrokenSanity

Post by BrokenSanity » Sat, 23. May 09, 20:05

joelR wrote:Well I installed this and for some reason there are ships in my game Like Teladi Courier or Boron Energy Transporter that are Red to me all of which have the "sorry weapons fire in error" option. Which when I select it they go blue to me again. Not all ships are this way just some.
I'm getting this too, it's caused me a couple of problems where I go charging into a sector guns blazing, only to find out I've been shooting at an Argon Ally :oops:.

As well as this, I get that message everytime I reload a game telling me to disable and re-enable the script because of it detecting an updated version or something.

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Sat, 23. May 09, 23:54

I have the same problem, on top of getting freezes when in SETA whenever I enable the mod.

Anyone know whats up with that ? I have EMP, Community Plugin Configuration, Apricot Beam/Cbeam/Claim, Bounty Boost, Marine Repairs and Gateless Jump mods installed on v2.0 of X3TC. I don't have the ACS and other optional plugins.

Also on a side note, has anyone ever seen red pirates when set to friendly with Guild & Other Pirates, this is the main problem I've seen when trying out pirate mods, and since I haven't had the chance to try the mod too much, I was just wondering how it works out.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sun, 24. May 09, 00:15

Sesk wrote:I have the same problem, on top of getting freezes when in SETA whenever I enable the mod.

Anyone know whats up with that ? I have EMP, Community Plugin Configuration, Apricot Beam/Cbeam/Claim, Bounty Boost, Marine Repairs and Gateless Jump mods installed on v2.0 of X3TC. I don't have the ACS and other optional plugins.

Also on a side note, has anyone ever seen red pirates when set to friendly with Guild & Other Pirates, this is the main problem I've seen when trying out pirate mods, and since I haven't had the chance to try the mod too much, I was just wondering how it works out.

To test it, I ran a clean game with only this mod installed, and I got the freezes none-the-less. It is random. Some times after 10 minutes, or 30 minutes or even 2 hours or so. No specific interval. But remove this mod, and all is well again.

I have little to no experience with AL mods though, so I can't even venture a guess as to what it can be.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 24. May 09, 00:20

Hopefully SerialKicked will be back online soon with some updates.

BrokenSanity

Post by BrokenSanity » Mon, 25. May 09, 12:01

Hopefully :P

Dark Kyro

Post by Dark Kyro » Tue, 26. May 09, 19:12

Serial Kicked

It seems that your script severely limits the choice of ships for pirates.
After I installed it I couldn't find a single pirate M1\M2\M6\M7\M8, except for mobile guild HQ.
And that means a whole range of ships you could capture for profit is missing.

I'll deinstall the script and check again just in case.

rageburst
x3tc

Post by rageburst » Wed, 27. May 09, 07:21

I haven't experienced any crashes, but I've noticed after doing some missions that I get blank text. Furthermore, I no longer seem to encounter any pirates with capital ships anymore like the above poster and I've sunk in a few days already.

.... might just be me though.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 27. May 09, 19:07

Soooooooo,

Here's a new version that will (hopefully) kill all the bugs you have.

So, first, the changelog :

The M7 Carrack is now supported by the Guild, each base is allowed to buy one. Endangered (attacked or with nearby hostile ships) pirate bases will call the M7 in range for help. As a result Pirate Bases' survival rate in a legit race's sector should has been increased (PB will also stay neutral to other races making trading a bit easier).

ADS support has also been improved (you need ADS 2.05 for this to work). PB are now able to use every available ships for active defense purpose, meaning that even Pirate Guild Outposts and Bases will have a way to defend themselves against incoming military ships.

An option has also been added to allow PG to stay at peace with the Teladis, however Teladi military ships may still attack pirate bases from time to time.

This version removes the useless "Please Disable/Enable the plugin" buggy message you got each time you load a savegame. It also prevent PB from using Fighter Drones Mk2 as pirate ships and adds compatibility with Yaki Armada which is under developement.

Oh, and you can now play BlackJack in Pleasure Domes. However rules are sighly differents and you have less chance to win than in the X3:R default game, as the dealer can choose to stick or play whenever he wants.

As far as i can tell, this is a stable release, some balancing needs to be done but there's no critical bug (apart from the crash you are reporting and that i'm unable to reproduce, it may or may not have been fixed).

---------

Now, to answer the posts:

About the disappearing of M1/M2 pirate ships, that's weird. There's probably an hard limit to the amount of pirate ships ingame, so those 'big ships' don't respawn as my plugin breaks this limit (bigtime). I'll do some research on the matter. Nothing hard to handle anyway.

About ECS, it should be fixed, if it's not, you can still (if you know how to do it) go in the script editor and manually run the "anarkis.pirate.ecs.register" script manually, it should solve the issue.

About the weird "50.000 credit" crash bug, i've changed the thing is handled, but to be honest i don't see how it can crash the game and i don't see why you get it.

With the following script setup :
- RRF (with and without Pirate RRF)
- Terran gate to normal gate converter (on and off)
- Anarkis Defense System (on and off)
- M.A.R.S. turret script (on and off)

I've run the following tests:
- New game + PG on hard settings
- Cheated Game (2d) with several player factories, UT, defenses and whatever

Both with the pirate guild set as friend or as foe.

Well i've stop counting, but each game laster more than 5 game days (seta x10) without issues (apart from my empire getting destroyed)

So the crash is probably script/mod conflict related.

I'd like the following when you are reporting a bug, else i can't do anything to find the source:

- *Full* list of your scripts
- X3 version number
- PG version number
- Your complete settings for Pirate Guild
- What's your game looks like (game played, have you factories)
- And possibly the last 20 lines of the debug log (my documents\egosoft\x3\log08513.txt)

X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

CraterFace

Post by CraterFace » Wed, 27. May 09, 21:04

I tried the new version and got a freeze after 13 minutes, the same "Reward...5000 credits" then reboot the computer manually :)

Right now I'm doing a second install. When it's finished I'll update it to 2.0a, install cheats (since you used it) and PG then run it in SETA....if nothing happens (probably won't freeze, seems to be conflicting scripts) Ill add/remove the scripts I use one by one. I really want this to work with other scripts since I really like being a pirate and not forced to suck-up to the other races. :)

I'll report back to you :)
"Various empirical models (intelligent approximations based on intuition, guesswork, and fiddling adjustable constants)."

QuitSmokin
x3tc

Post by QuitSmokin » Wed, 27. May 09, 22:28

Works fine for me got your latest version of PG and its a blast!

Pirates finally got some brains now, which they really need because the life of a pirate isn't easy at all.

only issue i have is that everytime I load a savegame PG tells me it found a new major version of PG and I need to turn it off and on again.

This would be fine if the save game had an old version but i just did a new install of X3tc and used only 1 version of PG.3

Maybe you got some advice on how to fix this.

Keep up the good work :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”