[MD Script] Plots Reset 3.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 17:17

For those still having issues about the installation of this script here it goes.
  • You need to download the script
  • after downloading it, extract the content of the packed archive to the folder where your X3TC installation is located (default: C:\Program Files\EGOSOSFT\X3TC\).
    Use 7z, WinRar, WinZip etc to do so.
  • Follow instructions posted in OP
MFG

Ketraar

kilrathy
x3tc

Post by kilrathy » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 11:26

Hi Ketraar, nice script, thank's.

Have you planned to include the Reset of the new "Balance of power" plot ?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 12:46

Update:
  • Added reset for 3.0 Plot Balance of Power.
Info and download as usual in OP

MFG

Ketraar

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 16:37

nice job.. kuzoos

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 28. Nov 10, 16:25

Update 3.1
Error in 3.0 Plot reset fixed.

MFG

Ketraar

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 15:29

how about resetting or skipping a mission in a plot? is it possible?

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Fri, 24. Dec 10, 16:36

My ANH is all fubared.. is there any way to reinit that one??
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sat, 26. Mar 11, 13:29

I am wondering a little about actors and dialogue when resetting plots.

I had to reset the Terran Plot due to <invalid> target.

When sent to Heretics End to talk to Jackson he had no dialogue option to continue the plot. The station was marked as the next target and plot progression seemed fine.

Resetting it again made the Maj. Gen. Rai in the Ore belt lose his plot conversation.

Fixed it by relocating Jackson to the Ore Belt.

Question: Is it possible that if the actor already exists from an earlier broken plot that this stops the updating of the character when the MD code is supposed to create the actor?
EDIT - Seems that way. Had to destroy the station so that it could be re-setup in scene 3 or Jackson wouldn't have a plot topic. This was the old un-deleted jackson from the broken plot, I never did remove him in scene two, just re-located him.
END EDIT

Thanks for the plot resets, mucho appreciated!
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

Rendisboss
xr

Thank you

Post by Rendisboss » Mon, 18. Apr 11, 09:18

Thanks for this script. Thought i was going to have to start a new game to complete the Aldrin plot, but thanks to this script I don't.

denisbloodnok

HQ Plot

Post by denisbloodnok » Wed, 11. May 11, 06:59

I had a difficulty with the HQ plot; when I jumped to Light Water to capture the Orca, I got a message telling me to fly to "object.name@LM002 ..." - the same kind of thing that used to affect the Aldrin missions, Google suggests. I did a bit of digging in 03.cat and added these lines to PlotsReset.xml (somewhere sensible, after a similar block of code pertaining to another cue):

Code: Select all

<cue name="Reset_HQ">
          <condition>
            <check_value value="{player.name}" exact="ResetHQ"/>
          </condition>
          <action>
            <do_all>
              <reset_cue cue="L3M02 HQ Start"/>
              <play_text>
                <line actor="KResetplots.Kcheatsbetty" pageid="13" textid="131"/>
              </play_text>
              <reset_cue cue="KResetplots"/>
            </do_all>
          </action>
        </cue>
and could then reset the HQ plot by setting my pilot name to "Reset HQ". I hope this helps someone.

In theory this:

Code: Select all

<cue name="Reset_HUB">
          <condition>
            <check_value value="{player.name}" exact="ResetHUB"/>
          </condition>
          <action>
            <do_all>
              <reset_cue cue="L3M02 HUB Start"/>
              <play_text>
                <line actor="KResetplots.Kcheatsbetty" pageid="13" textid="131"/>
              </play_text>
              <reset_cue cue="KResetplots"/>
            </do_all>
          </action>
        </cue>
ought to work for the Hub plot, but doesn't in a game with the plot already complete. If someone can test it in a game with the Hub plot midway, I'd be interested in the results.

hobsyllwin
x4

Post by hobsyllwin » Wed, 11. May 11, 12:17

Sorry my english is bad :lol:

Hello Ketraar

I have problems with the plot "A New Home" I wonder if you're planning to upgrade the script to reset the plot.

A greeting and thanks.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 11. May 11, 12:32

No, sorry. Resetting "A New Home" is messi, don't advise you to do that, it will most likely break the plot for good.

Same goes for HUB/HQ plots, when reset at wrong place its going to be worse than before, as there are quite a few things to take into consideration, like gate alignments (HUB/HQ) or invincible ships (ANH) that are crucial for the respective plots to work properly.

That's the reason I did not add them, don't like to be responsible for wrecking stuff. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar

denisbloodnok

Post by denisbloodnok » Thu, 12. May 11, 04:27

I'm curious about that. I admit, I wrote the HUB portion of that post with a degree of trepidation; it seemed to me that if one reset the cues when the player already owned the Hub, comedy might likely ensue.

I didn't worry so much about the HQ plot, though - mainly because I had nothing to lose. I can jump to the sector where the Orca is meant to be, get the dreaded "object.name@" message, and confirm with the bonus ship location script in Scorp's map addon that there simply is no extra Boron Orca in the universe - only the expected Supply Orcas in Boron shipyard sectors exist. After the reset - well, at least, the first mission is presented again to me normally, and the "locate the Orca" mission is expunged from my list.

So, please, what problems do you expect me to encounter?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 12. May 11, 11:01

"object.name@" messages usually mean the object they refer to is gone, killed or otherwise removed from the game. So that's where you need to investigate.

Note I know the plots only from their code as I never actually had the chance to play them. All I know is that if you reset a plot that has spawned ships and all will wreck up your game in the long run (invisible, idling, ect).

Since I don't know the full extend of the possible issues I did not include them in this script and time has me focussed on other things, so that its not likely to be included any time soon.

Everyone is free to do it them self though and wreck their game on their own. :-)

MFG

Ketraar

furfauz
x3tc

Post by furfauz » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 18:33

I would like to download your script, but i can't.
can you help me?

-> The requested URL was not found on this server.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 19:12

Sorry, ftp is down and seams I don't have a backup of the 3.1 version. Will have to look at work on Monday if I got something there. If not I will have to write it again.

If anyone has the 3.1 feel free to send it to me, thanks.

MFG

Ketraar

JGJones

Post by JGJones » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 18:04

Hi all. I've gotten this game via a Steam sale and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Just doing the Terran plot on my first game and I'm now in the stage where I'm rescuing the two escaped astronauts but when I arrive at the station to drop them off, I get a Mission Ended message and that is it. The plot ends here.

I assume somewhere along the line the game have gone fubered. My game is actually vanilla - no scripts, mods etc at all, until recently when I added the bonus pack when I wanted to try trading.

I'll need to use the Reset Plot so hopefully you'll get a working FTP asap!

And I assume I would need to reset the first plot only? And this would mean I'll need to restart the plot again (I don't mind that, but not restart the game! Not this soon when I've just gotten my first M3 ship! (technically a captured ship really!) and just made a few millions etc.

Cheers

EDIT - unless anyone have a backup copy, please do PM me it too.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 18:17

JGJones wrote:Just doing the Terran plot on my first game and I'm now in the stage where I'm rescuing the two escaped astronauts but when I arrive at the station to drop them off, I get a Mission Ended message and that is it. The plot ends here.
All you have to do is wait a bit, it will take about 15min and possibly a sector change for it to continue, assuming you are not being hated by Terran in the meanwhile.

As for working ftp its a nogo it seams, so unless someone else provides a 3.1 copy, I'll have to rewrite it. Which will have to wait quite a while as I have other things set as priority atm.

MFG

Ketraar

JGJones

Post by JGJones » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 18:43

Ah OK thanks...I'll try waiting around for a while and hopefully this will be my solution, thanks for letting me know that. I'm pretty sure the Terran like me :)

Hope someone send you a working copy - it's always an hassle to restart something!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 03:56

I have no idea which one this is. I downloaded it quite a while ago. Was definitely before the balance of power missions.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21195566/PlotsReset.rar

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”