[software] X3 Editor 2.0.23.0 [10.1.2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 8. Aug 15, 01:48

Verow wrote:Hello
Is there some kind of guide or tutorial?
I installed the program, clicked and opened everywhere and everything, i didnt see anything even looking like a ship configuration file.
As a matter of fact, i didnt see anything that would look like a configuration file at all.
I even googled a bit, but its always the same topics that pop out with no usefull informations.
I followed the instructions in the main post tho, i don't understand.
Thank you for your help.
If you cant find the files, you need to learn the basics. There is a thread here with all the guides listed.

Start with my Modding 101 guide.

Alternately, Download The X3 Handbook, which has a modding section to it with all the useful guides in one place. The Handbook is also available on Kindle. The download version is for TC. The same one is on Kindle, as is the newer and updated version for AP.

Verow

Post by Verow » Sun, 9. Aug 15, 03:59

Hello.

I just wanted to alter the marine capacity for the Sirokos ship to its original capacity (from 30 in vanilla TC as i read , to 5 in XRM for TC, since the ship has been modified).

I remember a long time ago, i used to play XRM for AP, where the corvette were at 8 marines (hyperion yaki version on XRM), but i wanted to keep the terran conflict plots for xrm this time (AP has only boring plots, and some are disabled because of the custom mod war).
And as i remember, i used a program (i tough that was x3editor) to make light modifications on some of my ship of choices (like allow B pods), and i don't remember being so lost (maybe there was a tutorial on the downloading page, i can't remember, it was a long time ago).

But thanks anyway, have a good day.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 9. Aug 15, 10:40

Not possible as far as I remember. Marine capacity is hard coded to a set amount for the ship type, with the Skiros being the exception. The way that I would guess that XRM changes the capacity is by changing the id of the ship so the special case that EGOSOFT put in for that id would not apply.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 9. Aug 15, 11:17

Litcube has overcome this limitation. He uses the unused field "Volume" in TShips to store the numer of allowed marines per ship. But I don't know what else is necessary to make this work (maybe some scripts) - but the result stands: M6 have 8 to 13 marines, M7 20 to 30 and so on.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 9. Aug 15, 11:50

Verow wrote:I just wanted to alter the marine capacity for the Sirokos ship to its original capacity (from 30 in vanilla TC as i read , to 5 in XRM for TC, since the ship has been modified).
From memory, there are 2 fields that indicate the ship class. The second of these controls how many marines can be carried.

If you check the Sirokos, and use its value (one of the M7 designations) on any other ship, it changes the value of marines as if it was a Sirokos.

I always thought it would be better to program an array based on a ship, and have as many as you wanted. The array handling just needed to shuffle them onto the ship properly to be used.

Logain Adler used arrays for storing goods in the distribution network final version, based on using any station. I always thought this could be adapted for carrying Marines.

Verow

Post by Verow » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 19:16

Thank you for your answers.

So basically, if XRM for AP change de ID of the ships, i could edit the ones from XRM for TC since those are not hardlocked (like egosoft's ships)?

Changing the ID means duplicating a ship and create a new one with different ID (and that ship wouldnt be hardlocked)?

Could litcube universe be installed over XRM (viable)?

Thank you for your help, have a good day.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 19:19

Verow wrote:...
Could litcube universe be installed over XRM (viable)?
You will rot forever in the darkest pit of hell if you do this and remotely think this would work.

Verow

Post by Verow » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 15:58

Alright, thank you

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Sat, 22. Aug 15, 02:13

I tried every possible >administrator thing - installation path - uac - permission to whatever< combination, yet the tool still gets no access to \ProgramData\X3 Editor 2\settings.xml.

Any help?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 23. Aug 15, 10:46

X3 Editor 2.0.26.0 can't open LU's job file with its job editor. When I open types\Jobs via VFS, I get this error: http://i.imgur.com/ZI0f162.png

When I extract this Jobs file and delete the comment which seems to cause this error, I get another error: http://i.imgur.com/5ctqGLq.png

What can I do to open this file in X3 Editor 2?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 6. Sep 15, 13:14

Why is the program asking me to overwrite something? These two filenames aren't identical!

[ external image ]

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Thu, 10. Sep 15, 14:13

Hello i got some problems with the x3 editor 2 perticularly with XRM installed whenever i try to open the x3 editor 2 it always crashes during the "Loading Game Strings" phase, has anyone experienced this problem?

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Thu, 10. Sep 15, 20:50

Found the problem seems XRM with TC plots in AP + XRM TC plots in AP Patch causes this error.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Thu, 10. Sep 15, 23:09

Hello
NighTragE wrote:Found the problem seems XRM with TC plots in AP + XRM TC plots in AP Patch causes this error.
To be exact it's a problem with: 7027-L044.xml

Even author of compatibility patch for Dillpickle TC plots in AP wrote:
MutantDwarf wrote:I'd recommend *not* using this mod at this point in time unless you're going to use it with the versions of the TC:AP and XRM mods that it was build for - compatibility with anything else was never assured, and it looks like it didn't pull over.

I haven't had time to update this mod for the current versions of either TC:AP or XRM and it's been long enough now that it'd take quite a while to do so - plus, I don't even have X3 installed on this computer and am the opposite of 'not busy' in real life and have been ever since I started my new job shortly after this was released; I just don't have time to re-learn X3 modding and maintain this. What's simple when you're unemployed is not so much when you're working all the time.

So... yeah. Sorry about that. If anyone wants to use this as a basis for creating a new compatibility patch between XRM and TC:AP, I'd be fine with it.

Not Actually Reimu
x4

Post by Not Actually Reimu » Fri, 6. Nov 15, 00:31

What do all these different missile options do? A lot of them seem redundant.

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Sun, 22. May 16, 04:54

I get "requested registry access is not allowed" when I try to open a cat.

i'm on win 7 with all privileges (like I shouldn't...)

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Wed, 15. Feb 17, 06:19

so I'm working on my mod again, literally 2-3 hours from being release-ready, and the BOD compiler appears to have crapped out on me. attempting to drag Bobs for decompile of (more pertinent) Bods to compile fails, and I just get the little 'no symbol' over it. It was literally working fine an hour ago, the only thing I can think of is that I just had the Bod compiler launching basically since I installed it (use it a lot lol) and I finally closed the tab it was on before closing the editor proper.

I'm sure it's just something stupid I've forgotten due to almost two years away from TC modding.
A tinker
And maker of models

Sovieldazu

Post by Sovieldazu » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 19:45

Hello,

i played again X3-TC, but i wanted to make some ships only faster to speed up the game a little.

With the script editor you get a ***modified-tag which i dont like.

I thought with doubleshadows ship editor V2 there is a chance to edit only the shipspeed without getting modified.

But after editing the TShip-file there was ingame the modified-tag for every new game.

Did i make a mistake or is there no way to edit something without getting modified?

Thanks for help!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 19:50

Any change to (most) vanilla files will get you modified tag, regardless of what tools you use.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”