[software] X3 Editor 2.0.23.0 [10.1.2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » Tue, 3. Mar 15, 00:11

I having a problem with the editor. I used to play TC but now play AP. When I went to make a new AP profile in the editor it crashed. Now when ever I try and make a AP profile when I exit the editor and it starts to make a virtual file system it crashes.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 3. Mar 15, 00:15

Try Closing the configuration tab before closing the editor.

There is no (good) reason that it should be trying to create VFS while you are closing the editor.

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 20:12

DrBullwinkle wrote:Try Closing the configuration tab before closing the editor.

There is no (good) reason that it should be trying to create VFS while you are closing the editor.
OK, Loaded AP profile as default in the config menu, closed config and it start trying to make a VFS, crashed. I have also reinstalled the editor to no avail.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 20:53

Have you actually loaded the game at all since installing the editor ?

From memory, the editor needs to be primed by loading the game all the way in and exiting, before the editor can find all the files it needs.

So, try run editor, exit editor, run game (right in on a start), exit game, try editor again.

I could be remembering wrong, but anything is worth trying, right ? :)

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 04:48

apricotslice wrote:Have you actually loaded the game at all since installing the editor ?

From memory, the editor needs to be primed by loading the game all the way in and exiting, before the editor can find all the files it needs.

So, try run editor, exit editor, run game (right in on a start), exit game, try editor again.

I could be remembering wrong, but anything is worth trying, right ? :)
Oh ya I play AP every day so that is defiantly not the problem lol.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 12:22

Eidolan wrote:I having a problem with the editor. I used to play TC but now play AP. When I went to make a new AP profile in the editor it crashed. Now when ever I try and make a AP profile when I exit the editor and it starts to make a virtual file system it crashes.
Have you changed the home folder of the editor to point directly to the AP exe instead of the TC exe ?

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » Sun, 8. Mar 15, 05:23

apricotslice wrote:
Eidolan wrote:I having a problem with the editor. I used to play TC but now play AP. When I went to make a new AP profile in the editor it crashed. Now when ever I try and make a AP profile when I exit the editor and it starts to make a virtual file system it crashes.
Have you changed the home folder of the editor to point directly to the AP exe instead of the TC exe ?
Not quite sure what you are talking about. I don't see a "home folder" option anywhere in the editor. However if you are talking about the

Path to game and Path to executable lines under the profile they are

Path to game = C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon

Game to Executable = "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\X3AP.exe"

I have also checked the box under "game version" to AP. The "find" command under .exe path will also find my AP exe just fine, so the editor seems to find my game location valid.

Maybe instead of making a new AP profile I can just edit my TC profile to point to AP?

Or maybe change the "default" profile to AP? Is the Default profile used for anything?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 8. Mar 15, 16:39

I'm out of ideas, and I dont have it with me to try it for you. Sorry. My X stuff is all on a different laptop these days, now that I'm traveling with a tablet.

Worth trying your last ideas though.

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 06:47

apricotslice wrote:I'm out of ideas, and I dont have it with me to try it for you. Sorry. My X stuff is all on a different laptop these days, now that I'm traveling with a tablet.

Worth trying your last ideas though.
Both attempts lead to crash. It seems anytime I "point" the editor to the AP exe and not the TC exe it will crash.

And I am guessing I need a AP profile to really use the editor as it will pull from TC's VFS and not AP's?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 11:43

Are you sure you have the latest version of the program ? (Clutching at straws I know).

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 05:48

As far as the "check for updates" in the editor is concerned it is up to date.

Is it possible the use of the Plug In Manager is somehow messing up the editor? I know when you open/close the manager something about files flashes by real quick (so quick I can't really read it)

It also makes a Tware.pack in the types folder, when you lunch VIA manger and will delete it when closing the game.

As of now the only way I am able to make changes to AP is via using the editor to edit the Tware.pack the manager makes. So I can change wares but nothing else in AP.

I have attempted to make the AP profile with and without the mangers pack file to no avail, Just spit balling ideas

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 16:37

Why dont you unpack the cats and edit the actual files, then put them in the folder they belong in ?

I never change the official ones, even the virtual copy. I always unpack and make a separate mod.

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 03:41

apricotslice wrote:Why dont you unpack the cats and edit the actual files, then put them in the folder they belong in ?

I never change the official ones, even the virtual copy. I always unpack and make a separate mod.
as in make my own "fake patch"? find the T files I want to change, in this case from the XRM Cat/Dat files, edit them and then make a new Cat/Dat in a higher number?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 13:46

Well yes, but you dont need to do the cat - just add the modified files to the correct folder under addon. The game picks them up last.

Verow

Post by Verow » Sat, 8. Aug 15, 01:29

Hello

Is there some kind of guide or tutorial?

I installed the program, clicked and opened everywhere and everything, i didnt see anything even looking like a ship configuration file.

As a matter of fact, i didnt see anything that would look like a configuration file at all.

I even googled a bit, but its always the same topics that pop out with no usefull informations.

I followed the instructions in the main post tho, i don't understand.

Thank you for your help.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 8. Aug 15, 01:48

Verow wrote:Hello
Is there some kind of guide or tutorial?
I installed the program, clicked and opened everywhere and everything, i didnt see anything even looking like a ship configuration file.
As a matter of fact, i didnt see anything that would look like a configuration file at all.
I even googled a bit, but its always the same topics that pop out with no usefull informations.
I followed the instructions in the main post tho, i don't understand.
Thank you for your help.
If you cant find the files, you need to learn the basics. There is a thread here with all the guides listed.

Start with my Modding 101 guide.

Alternately, Download The X3 Handbook, which has a modding section to it with all the useful guides in one place. The Handbook is also available on Kindle. The download version is for TC. The same one is on Kindle, as is the newer and updated version for AP.

Verow

Post by Verow » Sun, 9. Aug 15, 03:59

Hello.

I just wanted to alter the marine capacity for the Sirokos ship to its original capacity (from 30 in vanilla TC as i read , to 5 in XRM for TC, since the ship has been modified).

I remember a long time ago, i used to play XRM for AP, where the corvette were at 8 marines (hyperion yaki version on XRM), but i wanted to keep the terran conflict plots for xrm this time (AP has only boring plots, and some are disabled because of the custom mod war).
And as i remember, i used a program (i tough that was x3editor) to make light modifications on some of my ship of choices (like allow B pods), and i don't remember being so lost (maybe there was a tutorial on the downloading page, i can't remember, it was a long time ago).

But thanks anyway, have a good day.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 9. Aug 15, 10:40

Not possible as far as I remember. Marine capacity is hard coded to a set amount for the ship type, with the Skiros being the exception. The way that I would guess that XRM changes the capacity is by changing the id of the ship so the special case that EGOSOFT put in for that id would not apply.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 9. Aug 15, 11:17

Litcube has overcome this limitation. He uses the unused field "Volume" in TShips to store the numer of allowed marines per ship. But I don't know what else is necessary to make this work (maybe some scripts) - but the result stands: M6 have 8 to 13 marines, M7 20 to 30 and so on.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 9. Aug 15, 11:50

Verow wrote:I just wanted to alter the marine capacity for the Sirokos ship to its original capacity (from 30 in vanilla TC as i read , to 5 in XRM for TC, since the ship has been modified).
From memory, there are 2 fields that indicate the ship class. The second of these controls how many marines can be carried.

If you check the Sirokos, and use its value (one of the M7 designations) on any other ship, it changes the value of marines as if it was a Sirokos.

I always thought it would be better to program an array based on a ship, and have as many as you wanted. The array handling just needed to shuffle them onto the ship properly to be used.

Logain Adler used arrays for storing goods in the distribution network final version, based on using any station. I always thought this could be adapted for carrying Marines.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”