[software] X3 Editor 2.0.23.0 [10.1.2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 14:01

Thank you Sir!

Trying to open ship models and get an error:

---------------------------
X3 Editor 2
---------------------------
Error opening file C:\Games\X3 Albion Prelude\addon\15.cat::addon\objects\ships\Reaper\m6_spring_flower_scene.pbd:

Interface function OpenFile of plugin 3D Viewer (DS.X3E.ThreeDeeViewer.MainWindow) [3DViewer.plugin] threw exception System.NullReferenceException:

What I should install to open these models?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 17:30

Scene files are text files afaik. So the Text Viewer should work.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 19:10

little question:
... is this tool still supported by doubleshadow ?
... i found a little bug in the jobs-editor, it doesnt allow to edit the value for "job jump range" :?
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 19:21

Seeing that doubleshadow made his last post in this forum two years ago, I doubt that there will be any more updates to the X3 Editor 2.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

LeonardDeVir
x4

Post by LeonardDeVir » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 10:03

So...where do you download the editor now? Doubleshadows page isnt accessible anymore (?) and all links in this thread/all external links reroute to his site one way or another. I didnt find any alternative sources of the editor through googling :/

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 11:58

Indeed, seems it is down. What a pity. :(

Anyway, I uploaded the latest X3 Editor 2 version to xdownloads and informed doubleshadow about it.

[ external image ]

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 12:41

It works fine for me
http://x3e2.doubleshadow.wz.cz/download ... rver=volny

I got the application just fine using that mirror.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 12:44

Might have been just a temporary downtime then. I will still leave the xdownloads mirror.

LeonardDeVir
x4

Post by LeonardDeVir » Fri, 29. Aug 14, 22:53

Awesome, thanks for your fast support. Have a happy weekend :)

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 22:51

1) Any tutorial for editing Jobs?

2) Which measurement units are used for missiles Blast Radius?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 1. Sep 14, 19:44

1) I don't think so. Only info bits floating around the forum. Best to search the forum with google for them.

2) No idea.

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 10:16

2) No idea.
Just for info, if it interests you. I found this: http://www.elite-games.ru/x3tc/ttx/missiles.shtml - third colum is a blast radius in meters. It is actuial info for Terran Conflict, checking TMissiles from there gives answer: 1/500 of meter. Eg for Aurora missile Blast Radius is 100.000, in the table it matches to 200 meters, so 100.000/200 = 500.

Perahoky
x4

Post by Perahoky » Tue, 9. Sep 14, 22:46

hello guys,

does anyone have the current 2.0.23.0/2.26.0 SOURCE including the current versions of the plugins?

about:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188 ... itor-2.jpg

the source is only v2.0.21 with obsolete plugins...

or could doubleshadow upload the current versions PLEASE? :D

thanks in advance :)

greets,
pera

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
"Hope is the last force i have"
"This is how liberty dies, with thounderous applause"
***Modified***

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 10. Sep 14, 10:14

The latest source files are already available for download on doubleshadow's website.

Perahoky
x4

Post by Perahoky » Wed, 10. Sep 14, 20:14

Hi,

yes, i wrote doubleshadow an email, if he could update the versions on the website. the versiosn are now 2.0.26 including current source.
"Hope is the last force i have"
"This is how liberty dies, with thounderous applause"
***Modified***

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » Tue, 3. Mar 15, 00:11

I having a problem with the editor. I used to play TC but now play AP. When I went to make a new AP profile in the editor it crashed. Now when ever I try and make a AP profile when I exit the editor and it starts to make a virtual file system it crashes.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 3. Mar 15, 00:15

Try Closing the configuration tab before closing the editor.

There is no (good) reason that it should be trying to create VFS while you are closing the editor.

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 20:12

DrBullwinkle wrote:Try Closing the configuration tab before closing the editor.

There is no (good) reason that it should be trying to create VFS while you are closing the editor.
OK, Loaded AP profile as default in the config menu, closed config and it start trying to make a VFS, crashed. I have also reinstalled the editor to no avail.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 20:53

Have you actually loaded the game at all since installing the editor ?

From memory, the editor needs to be primed by loading the game all the way in and exiting, before the editor can find all the files it needs.

So, try run editor, exit editor, run game (right in on a start), exit game, try editor again.

I could be remembering wrong, but anything is worth trying, right ? :)

Eidolan

Post by Eidolan » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 04:48

apricotslice wrote:Have you actually loaded the game at all since installing the editor ?

From memory, the editor needs to be primed by loading the game all the way in and exiting, before the editor can find all the files it needs.

So, try run editor, exit editor, run game (right in on a start), exit game, try editor again.

I could be remembering wrong, but anything is worth trying, right ? :)
Oh ya I play AP every day so that is defiantly not the problem lol.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”