[software] X3 Editor 2.0.23.0 [10.1.2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 15:19

Make a folder called types in the adding directory and save it there.
Load the game and enjoy the missiles.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 15:22

drunkmonk wrote:right ok after ive changed it what do i do then?
nothin, load game (old will do) and see if whatever you've changed is changed.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

drunkmonk
x4

Post by drunkmonk » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 22:47

tyvm got it in te end :)

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 15:44

Hello guys,

how to change weapon for combat drones? I edit parameters of drones in TShips (like speed, acceleration, e.t.c.) and I see changes in the game, so it works, but what do I need to do to change Particle Accelerator Cannon used by drones to Phased Reapeater Gun?

For ships exists "Compatible Guns" tab where is possible to change or append weapon subclasses but simple replacement SG_LASER_IRE (it contains PAC) to SG_LASER_ARGON_LIGHT (it contains PRG) isn't enough. As I understand somewhere else exists a setting of specific weapon from the available weapon subclasses selected in "Compatible Guns" tab. But where?

The same is about shields. Tab "Performance" is used for setting available shield type and maximum amount, but where to set shields up?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 19:23

Lasers are defined in the file TLaser.pck and Shields in the file TShields.pck. Both files can be found in the types folder as well. The Laser group or class is the Subtype value in the TLaser.pck file.
For ships exists "Compatible Guns" tab where is possible to change or append weapon subclasses but simple replacement SG_LASER_IRE (it contains PAC) to SG_LASER_ARGON_LIGHT (it contains PRG) isn't enough.
Actually, what you described is enough. When deployed, Fighter drones aren't different than normal ships. The problem with fighter drones, however, is that they are automatically equipped, when deployed. It might well be the case that the standard equipment is hardcoded somewhere. So that even, if you change their weapons to PRGs, they still get IREs equipped. I don't know, if that can be changed. (Maybe try to create a Ware list, which contains the necessary lasers, and add it to the Fighter drone?)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 20:39

Thank you for response.

> The Laser group or class is the Subtype value in the TLaser.pck file.

How to create a new weapon class?

p.s. this question isn't related with previous one.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 21:01

As far as I know, you cannot define more weapon classes than the existing 32 ones. Only thing you can do is regrouping the weapons in the existing groups, i.e. adding more than one weapon to a group (as it is done with the Kyon Emitters for example).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 03:00

X2-Illuminatus wrote:The problem with fighter drones, however, is that they are automatically equipped, when deployed. It might well be the case that the standard equipment is hardcoded somewhere. So that even, if you change their weapons to PRGs, they still get IREs equipped. I don't know, if that can be changed.
It can be changed, but not in the spec files. Only by writing a script that runs in the background waiting for drones to be spawned, removing the existing weapon, and replacing with what you want.

There are scripts like that around now (one removes the area effect weapons from the game completely), so it should be possible to find the script you need, and modify it for this specific issue.

The other thing is to check if there is a game script that governs the deployment of drones, and if there is, insert the change of weapon code into that. That is tricky though, because to edit the file, you need to convert from a game file to an ordinary file, edit it, then convert it back. Can be done but its tricky.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 11:28

apricotslice wrote:
X2-Illuminatus wrote:The problem with fighter drones, however, is that they are automatically equipped, when deployed. It might well be the case that the standard equipment is hardcoded somewhere. So that even, if you change their weapons to PRGs, they still get IREs equipped. I don't know, if that can be changed.
It can be changed, but not in the spec files. ...
Well, what I meant was that the initial equipment of weapons cannot be changed. What you just confirmed. Of course, you can do all kinds of things with scripts afterwards, like installing other weapons. As I said before, when they are deployed (Fighter) drones aren't different from normal ships (maybe except that you cannot fly them yourself).

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 15:37

I know the "base" price of a ship or something like this exists in TShips. In which field(s)? I want to change prices from one mod pack, they are imbalanced there.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 00:35

Don't quote me on the exact name but I am pretty sure price is based of relval.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 18:24

In this topic F.A.B. explains how you have to change relval and the two price modifiers to get the ship price you want.

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 23:02

I have a problem with one ship. It isn't from standart AP, so its name wouldn't say anything. I know how to convert a ship into missile frigate:
Note: Main Guns will turn a bomber or missile frigate into a fighter/frigate. The only thing that makes a missile turret a missile turret is the lack of guns. So, if you add the guns, then the M8/M7M will no longer fire missiles via its normal turret commands.

An M8 or M7M with Main Guns *will* still fire missiles; one at a time. However it will not fire salvos, and you give up the ability to have different orders for different turrets.
I've successfully converted some ships, so its work. But I have one ship with this result:

[ external image ]

here is cyrillic but as you can see main turret and all others are GUN turrets. Missile Barrage doesn't work. "Compatible Guns" is empty. All these turrets have SS_COCKPIT_DEFAULT, and SS_COCKPIT_DEFAULT is unchanged.

Any ideas?

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Sun, 24. Aug 14, 22:39

How to do own (new) cat/dat only with desired changes? Eg wiith changed TMissiles?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 11:08

From the main menu bar, select Plugins -> Cat Manager. Afterwards select the "New Catalog" option from the File menu point and enter a name for your catalog. Now you can add files to your catalog using the "Add Files" icon below the menu bar.

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 14:01

Thank you Sir!

Trying to open ship models and get an error:

---------------------------
X3 Editor 2
---------------------------
Error opening file C:\Games\X3 Albion Prelude\addon\15.cat::addon\objects\ships\Reaper\m6_spring_flower_scene.pbd:

Interface function OpenFile of plugin 3D Viewer (DS.X3E.ThreeDeeViewer.MainWindow) [3DViewer.plugin] threw exception System.NullReferenceException:

What I should install to open these models?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 17:30

Scene files are text files afaik. So the Text Viewer should work.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 19:10

little question:
... is this tool still supported by doubleshadow ?
... i found a little bug in the jobs-editor, it doesnt allow to edit the value for "job jump range" :?
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 19:21

Seeing that doubleshadow made his last post in this forum two years ago, I doubt that there will be any more updates to the X3 Editor 2.

LeonardDeVir
x4

Post by LeonardDeVir » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 10:03

So...where do you download the editor now? Doubleshadows page isnt accessible anymore (?) and all links in this thread/all external links reroute to his site one way or another. I didnt find any alternative sources of the editor through googling :/

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”