[SCR] [07.02.11] Trade Overview 2.05 by ScRaT

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

[SCR] [07.02.11] Trade Overview 2.05 by ScRaT

Post by ScRaT_GER » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 14:52

SCR: Trade Overview Deutscher Thread
X3: Terran Conflict 3.0

The trade overview is a tool, to monitor your ships and stations. It displays many information, useful to maximize profits or just to see how much money your traders and stations make.

The menus

Main menu
[ external image ]

The main menu displays all important information the script gathered.

In the upper part you can add new traders and stations or enter the config menu. Below, the list of ships, stations and wares are displayed.
The amount of elements displayed and the sorting values can be set via the settings dialogue.

The Logbook

[ external image ]

Every object monitored keeps a logbook, which breaks down every of the objects transaction. You can open an objects logbook by highlighting it in the main menu and pressing {Enter}.

Flightinfo

[ external image ]

The flightinfo displays detailed information about the chosen transaction.
You can open it by hightlighting any transaction in the logbook and pressing {Enter}.

Wareoverview

The wareoverview displays all transactions with a particular ware. You can open it by selecting any ware out of the warelist in the main menu and pressing {Enter}

Settings

In this menu you can adjust some settings.
For each list (ship-, station-, warelist) you can decide how it should be sorted - you can choose between the overall profit, the number of wares traded, profit/stazura and time (the last two are not available for the warelist).

Additionally you can set how many objects should be displayed in each list. Choosing "0" or pressing {ESC} in the upcoming dialogue results in all objects being displayed.

Destroyed objects

The data of ships or stations, which were monitored and got destroyed, are still available. To remove the object from the list once and for all you can choose between two different settings in the settings menu:
  • 1. : Remove automatically -> Upon destruction objects are removed automatically from the list.
    2. : Remove manually -> In this mode, objects can be removed via the same menu item manually. In this submenu you can also swith the automatic on.

Hidden wares

Selectin the menu entry "Hidden wares: Edit list" opens a list, which the display status for each ware can be edited in. Hidden wares are only hidden - they are still logged.

Color coding

The only menu entry following the heading "General" handles the color coding. If it is switched on, the main menu will display profits in green and disprofit in red.

Usage

Adding objects to the list

To add a new object (ship or station) to the list you have to select the corresponding menu entry from the main menu. A prompt follows, which awaits a search token. The following tokens can be used:
- Names oder parts of names (e.g. "ECS" finds all objects with "ECS" in their name)
- Sectornames (e.g. "Argon Prime" finds all objects in Argon Prime)
- Object classes (e.g. "TS" finds all TS-class ships)

At the moment only the following object classes are checked:

TS, TM, TP, TL, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M7, M8, H (for Huge ships), M (for Mid-sized sips), S (for Small-sized ships), Freighter, Fighter, Equipment Dock, Dock, Trading Station, Fabric

This list will be expaned in for future releases. If you have a special wish, just say it.
For all searches uppercase and lowercase letters are considered (will be changed in future versions).

Reset ware

To remove a certain ware completely from the overview you only have to open the corresponding ware entry in the main menu and choose the last menu item, called "Delete everything".
This is of course only temporary, so a new entry will show up once the ware is traded again by one of the monitored objects.

Monitoring stations

Every transaction between the monitored station and NPC-traders will be captured. Additionally, the transaction of every ship, which has the station as homebase, is captured and accounted to the station.
As a consequence you don't have to monitor every supply trader (e.g. CAG) seperately.
If you do, his transactions won't be accounted to the station.

Download

----------------------------------
Current version: Trade Overview v2.053

Older versions:
Trade Overview 2.0 - Hotfix4

Trade Overview (beta1) Attention! This version is old and has nothing in common with version 2.0. A coexistance is possible nevertheless.
Italian t-file for beta1 translated by DannyD

Notes

This script needs at least patch 2.5, as new commands are used.

Because many information are gathered, the savegame will grow. This has however not lead to any noticable performance loss.

For users of versions < 2.0: Version 2.0 was completely rewritten. I recommend uninstalling the old version and installing this one. Both versions can coexist however.

(Un-) Installation

To install just extract the .rar-file into your X3:TC main directory.

To uninstall, first reset the complete overview (mainmenu-entry) and then run the script called 'uninstall.plugin.trov'. Now you can delete all files belonging to the script.

The script will install one hotkey. This hotkeys ('Open trade overview') can be assigned under 'controls'.

History

16.08.09 - First english release
01.05.09 - Several bugfixes, possible to add ship/station of type/sector
21.05.09 - Divided units into bought/sold, logbook now also logs pure sells correctly
09.06.09 - Added possibilty to hide/unhide entries
18.06.09 - First beta release
26.11.09 - English release of version 2.0
07.02.11 - Release of v2.05 with the help of Excelsior82

Feel free to test this script and post comments.
Every information about a malfunction of any kind (also spelling/translation mistakes) or any idea is appreciated.

Greets,
ScRaT

Edit: Fixed link, so that points to the direct link again instead of to the whole X3TC scripts repository. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by ScRaT_GER on Thu, 14. Feb 13, 18:49, edited 54 times in total.

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 19:15

Thanks, I like it too. :wink:

It's interesting to see, which wares the ships trade with and how much profit they make.

Once I was a bit shocked to see the 'Economy and Supply Trader' trading a ware for a profit of about 10,000 credits, I guess it was because of his relatively low rank.
For a trader it is always motivating to see, that the last flight just got you a profit of about 800,000 credits - nobody can say, that trading is not profitable.

I'm very interested in how the script works for all of you - please give some feedback.

Greets,
ScRaT
Last edited by ScRaT_GER on Fri, 17. Apr 09, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 20:51

ScRaT_GER wrote:Thanks, I like it too. :wink:

It's interesting to see, which wares the ships trade with and how much profit they make.

Once I was a bit shocked to see the 'Economy and Supply Trader' trading a ware for a profit of about 10,000 credits, I guess it was because of his relatively low rank.
For a trader it is always motivating to see, that the last flight just got you a profit of about 800,000 credits - nobody can say, that trading is not profitable.

I'm very interested in how the script works for you - please give some feedback.

Greets,
ScRaT
Working a charm for me, I'm using it to monitor my FDN Trade Posts and the TS's working out of them. Great script and a must for anyone who's interested in the trading side of the game.

Hope you don't mind but I've posted about your script on my mod post.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 58#2848858

LA

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 21:32

Hope you don't mind but I've posted about your script on my mod post.
Absolutely not! It's kind of an honor to be recommended by you. :P
And advertisement is always good.

Greets,
ScRaT

MindImage

Post by MindImage » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 18:35

I'm using this script as well and I must say that I really like the overview of all transactions/trader or station. Nice work m8! :)

mufflink
x4

CAG problems

Post by mufflink » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 21:22

Hi ScRaT_GER,

Excellent idea, however I've run into a wee problem.

I'm using Luckies CAG script with this. I have 7 of them. 3 of them operate out of a 1mj complex, 1 out of a booze/weed complex and 3 out of a mine complex.

Before I installed this script all was fine. I then proceeded to add the 3 ts's operating out of the mine complex to the logbook, leaving the other 4 untouched. They would do 1 run then just sit at their destination station saying "Sell ware....ore 0" or some such. I'd restart the CAG command and they'd fly home, pick up a new load and head off to the next destination and again sit there.

The 3 that were assigned to the 1mj complex and the 1 to the booze/weed were fine. Once I removed the 3 affected 1's from the logbook they behaved as normally.

Anybody else experience this?

Using TC v 2.0, CAG and FDN.

Regards,
Mufflink
When in doubt.......cheat.

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 22:14

Oh, I'm sorry for that.

I'm using the German version of the CAG script.
For me everything works fine.
However, I had this bug before, but at that time it was a clear mistake in the code (someting like an infinite loop).

I have a guess where the mistake is, but I'm not sure.

Maybe you could upload your savegame and I'll see if it works with my game, although I don't have the FDN installed at the moment.

You, on the other hand, could try to first do 'reset all' and then add the whole station to the overview, instead of the single freighters and observe a bit, if the error still occurs.

Like that, all of you stations freighters will be monitored not just the three of them.

If this would solve the problem, I could locate the mistake better.

Greets,
ScRaT

EDIT:
Could you please observe if the trader stops after or before he sold/bought the ware?

EDIT: Whoops, I have forgotten to include the t-file for the string library in the rar-file. At the moment you will have to download it seperately.

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 13:24

So here comes another version.

Changes:

- ***Destroyed*** mark, added to destroyed ships. Like this you can easily see, if a merchant charged off.

- incorrect registration, when trading multiple wares with a single station, corrected

- Internal changes in the ship list, which should increase performance, when opening the main menu

- Small menu changes

- corrected some bugs

Important note

As a sideeffect of changing the internal shiplist, all old ships won't be displayed anymore. Anyone using the alpha7.3 version of this script will have to do the following procedure once to get his ships back into the overview:

- Open the trade overview's main menu (you'll see that no ships or stations will be displayed) and close it without any action

- Open the script editor, select the script called 'a.plugin.trade.overview.port' and press 'r' , 'Enter' , 'Enter'

- Open the trade overview's main menu to check if everything worked

If not, please post it here.
I apologize for this circumstance, but you'll only have to do it once, so I think it is not that hard. =)

You can download the new version here or in the first post.

@mufflink

Unfortunately you didn't answer to my questions, so your problem probably remains unsolved.

Greets,
ScRaT

Captsavmhoe

Post by Captsavmhoe » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 17:52

hi there installed this and all seems ok but one thing when i try to add stations through ur add stations no stations show up only thing listed there is one of my st .i have 3 stations and only things listed in the add station group is 3 of the same st i have running around ?
any thing i can do to get stations up there to be listed

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 17:56

Hm, I didn't notice a bug there, but I will check it.

It will take a while, because I don't have time to check it at the moment. This evening I'll report my results.

One Question:

Did you use a previous version of this script? If so, you will have to follow the procedure in my previous post.

Greets,
ScRaT

Captsavmhoe

Post by Captsavmhoe » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 18:17

ok thanks trying to get screen shots up here for u cuz i also wanted to know why the ships i added all have show negitive credits they all need to be fired i guess hehe ill edit and post screens

http://www.pic-upload.de/22.04.09/5sjrrt.jpg

this shows ships i added and all negitive profits not sure why
is there a way to reset there stats to start them fresh

http://www.pic-upload.de/22.04.09/rtphdd.jpg
shows the no stations listed only same st ship

not sure about the links ur upload site is not in english so i just guessed and a link to use hehe.

and to answer ur ? no this is a fresh install of game and any scripts

i only using this script and sat earlywarning and the boarding and marine scripts

edit . one last thing is that when i try to add more of my ships to the list there not all listed on the screen to pick them to add
i have 2 trade ships per station one for getting ecells and one to sell the ore and on my list only one of the ore selling ships is listed and i have 3 ore stations i cant find them on the list ill add more screens if helps

Captsavmhoe

Post by Captsavmhoe » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 19:17

ok this is the other problem i have run into maybe a stupid problem on my end cuz im new to this game and scripts but when i try to added ships to from the select ship screen not all are listed maybe im missing something i have some screens i hope they help .

ok here goes
the first screen is the only ships that i added so far

http://www.pic-upload.de/22.04.09/ba36ie.jpg

next is 2 screen shots just to show you all the cargo ships i have with names to use when u look at the pick a ship to add list had to do 2 screens to show all my ships sry

http://www.pic-upload.de/22.04.09/89yx7.jpg
http://www.pic-upload.de/22.04.09/ehg3s1.jpg

this last one is of ur screen showing the list of ships i can add and if u look at my ships i have and there names u will see alot not on ur list to pick to add .

http://www.pic-upload.de/22.04.09/5e4y8.jpg
hope this helps

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 22:57

Well, I found a little bug, your pictures are somehow odd, because in the "add station" menu no colors are used. In your's there are.
I don't know why...

However, maybe version alpha7.4 will solve the problem.
Could you try it an then report?

So here is the download:

Trade Overview (alpha7.4)

Now to your questions:
this shows ships i added and all negitive profits not sure why
It is because of a setting you can make in the config menu. In your case it should say "Automatic definition of value: On". Selecting it an pressing "Enter" will change its mode.
If this mode is on, every ships value will be calculated. Actually it should say somehing like "Scanning complete" after adding a ship (might take a while).
The ships value is then added as a negative value to the ships profit. Like this you will see when your ships amortized.
It's a feature - not a bug. =)
is there a way to reset there stats to start them fresh

Well, yes there is. I thought it was quite obvious as it says "Reset all" in the main menu.
If you wan't to reset a single object (ship/station/ware) just select it and press enter. In the following menu you can reset it.

one last thing is that when i try to add more of my ships to the list there not all listed on the screen to pick them to add
All ships, which are already monitored will not appear in the list. The same goes for stations. Or are there any ships which are not listed at all?

And: If you add a station - all ships, which have the station as homebase, will not appear in the list, because monitoring a station will automatically monitor the station's ship, too. Like this, everything your traders trade for a station (buys and sells) will be accounted to the stations profit.

Hope this solves all questions. If not, feel free to ask.

Greets,
ScRaT
Last edited by ScRaT_GER on Thu, 23. Apr 09, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

Captsavmhoe

Post by Captsavmhoe » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 01:45

not sure i had not added a station cuz it wasnt in my list to add only a sectortrader ship shows up n place of the base see screenshot above

ok my ? to adding ships to the list wat that i only added 2 of my sts to the list and nothing else no stations and not other ships and on my list i see some of the others i can add but not all i have 8 ships suppling and selling for 4 stations and i only see 2 of them on my list to add .remember i have not added any stations to the list at this point so they should show here yeah? and if not why do the other 2 show they have the station as a home base yet i see them

Captsavmhoe

Post by Captsavmhoe » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 02:05

ok i installed the new version and now i see the stations but just like the add aship problem i only see 2 out of 4 of my stations in the add station list

and same with ships not all my ships are listed on ur list only 2 from 2 differant stations

frisrt screen here is my stations and again at this point i have not added anything to ur program just installed it fresh.

http://www.pic-upload.de/23.04.09/4mfxcg.jpg
now u see i have 4 stations

this screen is what i see on the add station list

http://www.pic-upload.de/23.04.09/fsswew.jpg

there should be 4 list here also no?

edtiing this i want back and checked the list of ships and the ships that are not listed are the ships from the 2 stations that are not listed on ur list
so there are 4 ships from 2 stations that are not on ur list including the stations themselfs

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 07:48

Ok,
maybe you could upload your savegame somewhere (e.g. http://www.2shared.com/) so I can test it myself.

You find your saves in the following directory:

...\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\save

Greets,
ScRaT

milp

Post by milp » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 18:19

Captsavmhoe wrote:ok i installed the new version and now i see the stations but just like the add aship problem i only see 2 out of 4 of my stations in the add station list

and same with ships not all my ships are listed on ur list only 2 from 2 differant stations

frisrt screen here is my stations and again at this point i have not added anything to ur program just installed it fresh.

http://www.pic-upload.de/23.04.09/4mfxcg.jpg
now u see i have 4 stations

this screen is what i see on the add station list

http://www.pic-upload.de/23.04.09/fsswew.jpg

there should be 4 list here also no?

edtiing this i want back and checked the list of ships and the ships that are not listed are the ships from the 2 stations that are not listed on ur list
so there are 4 ships from 2 stations that are not on ur list including the stations themselfs
Indeed, for me the whole station list is broken. I can't add any stations because the station list is completely empty (Even though i got about 40 factories, trading stations and even a military outpost.)

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 18:24

Seems to be a major bug.
Captsavmhoe didn't upload a savegame until now - maybe you could?
(If you don't want it to be public, just send me a pm)

And how is it with the shiplist?
Sorry for all these bugs.

MfG,
ScRaT

Captsavmhoe

Post by Captsavmhoe » Thu, 23. Apr 09, 20:11

sry man had other problems with the game had to reinstall so i lost it all was having a problem with my station traders not using there jump drives anymore so was told to reinstall game from ego soft.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”